78 Reviews for Capital Ceremonies

Agnostic (2)
Buddhist (1)
Lutheran (1)
78 Capital Ceremonies Reviews

AC was truly amazing. From the first time we met with her we found that she was kind, very thoughtful and intuitive with our needs. She listened deeply to us and created the most beautiful ceremony based on our requests. As a multicultural, same sex couple we wanted just the right energy to deliver our ceremony and searched for quite some time. We knew AC was the one for us immediately! While we thought our requests may have been a challenge to weave into a cohesive ceremony, she somehow managed to do it effortlessly and delivered our ceremony with light and grace. Our family and friends were truly moved by her delivery and warm energy. We highly recommend her. Look no further.

Profile Picture Shelly, 5/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

A.C. was fabulous. We worked with her for our non-denominational ceremony for a couple of months prior to our wedding. During our first meeting with her, we were immediately impressed by her vast knowledge of different types of rituals and readings and also her keen interest in our families and our love story. We weren't sure exactly what type of ceremony we wanted to have, so having many options and ideas laid out was helpful for us. We exchanged around 5 drafts or so of the ceremony. A.C. revised each draft as necessary based on our input and also discussed with us her suggestions. She also always responded promptly to emails.

Our ceremony was perfect and everything went according to plan. We have received many compliments on how beautiful and personalized it was. We can't recommend A.C. highly enough!

Profile Picture Anna, 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

AC Warden was the first and only officiant we met with. We knew she was a perfect fit immediately. Both my husband and I are not particularly religious and did not have any specific traditions we wanted incorporated into the wedding. Our only request was that we wanted something specific to us and AC absolutely delivered. Several of our guest commented on how perfect she was in our ceremony. It was not too long nor too short but was very personalized. Our bridal party was a little rowdy and distracted at our rehearsal. AC was able to control the group professionally and explain the entire ceremony thoroughly. She was also punctual which I deeply appreciated (especially considering DC traffic can be unpredictable). The entire ceremony flowed flawlessly. Additionally, she offered numerous options for us incorporate readings and other traditions should we choose. I chose to read "Chaos of Stars" and many guests commented on how beautiful it was. I would not have known of the reading or the many others had it not been for AC. When we went to get our marriage license, the court representative saw AC's name in the database of officiants and mentioned how several couples use her and adore her. You cannot go wrong.

Profile Picture Brianna, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

A.C. Warden was a dream to work with. Several guests made unprompted comments that the ceremony was the best they'd seen. With A.C.'s help and hard work, it was easy for us work together to come up with a personal, meaningful, and customized ceremony that was not only beautiful and engaging, but also organized and professional. A.C.'s wide knowledge of various traditions as well as her knowledge and acceptance of non-traditional ceremony elements made it easy and comfortable to assemble a unique ceremony that fit my wife and I perfectly. When I read A.C.'s first draft of our ceremony, it was so beautiful I was literally moved to tears of happiness. A.C. not only helped keep my wife and I on track, she also kept our attendants in line at the rehearsal so that everyone knew what to do on the big day. A.C.'s patience and experience was very calming! When it came time for the big event, everything was scripted out to run smoothly, easily, professionally, and relatively stress-free! -Ahh! Wonderful! Even surprise technical difficulties (from a different vendor) were handled in stride with grace and professionalism so as to minimize the disruption. -I was so impressed!
If you want a beautiful and memorable wedding ceremony that is personal, easy, and stress-free and if you dislike impersonal and awkward ceremonies, then talk to A.C. Warden at Capital Ceremonies! My wife and I could not be any happier with our experience from start to finish!

Photo for Capital Ceremonies Review - Photo by Anna Arpasi Photography
Profile Picture Jason, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

A.C. is an absolutely fantastic person to know and we were lucky to have her officiate our wedding. She is an extremely patient and open-minded person, which was so needed when extreme circumstances leading up to our big day made it hard for us to focus on writing vows and choosing ceremony passages. In our first meeting, A.C. said many of her couples and guests tell her that her ceremonies are the best they’ve ever witnessed and she did not oversell. Several of our guests commented to us that our ceremony was one of the most unique, personal and best ceremonies they’ve ever attended. A.C. can be forceful about things that matter like wrangling groups in the rehearsal and pushing us to write our own vows despite my fear that I wouldn’t be able to get the words out. I’m very thankful for that advice as that can be hard to come by wedding planning. Our ceremony was so special and the words and stories A.C. helped us share really made it that way.

Profile Picture C, 6/3/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

A.C. was an amazing officiant for our wedding. She helped us come up with ways to make our ceremony non-religious but still accommodate those who wanted that aspect to our wedding by suggesting a blessing of a ring. Everyone talked about how neat that was afterwards as well. She takes the time to get your ceremony perfect and I definitely recommend her for your big day!

Profile Picture Brittney, 4/29/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious

AC was the perfect officiant for our ceremony, creating something that truly encompassed the love that Lauren and I wanted to display during our ceremony. AC was prompt and responsive in working with us to design our ceremony, and provided a ton of ideas for different elements of the ceremony reflecting our shared values. AC showed a lot of care in selecting options for readings and we truly enjoyed her idea of doing the sharing of the wine during the ceremony. Throughout the drafting of the ceremony, AC was quick to respond and incorporate any changes we desired. Many of our guests commented at how wonderful our ceremony was, which can really be attributed to AC.

Profile Picture Matthew, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Agnostic, Non-religious, Customized Vows

My husband and I had a great experience working with AC on our wedding ceremony. We asked for a simple, authentic, intimate, and secular ceremony that was still full of heart, and we got exactly what we wanted. AC came to our first meeting equipped with a ton of options for ceremony structure, readings, and rituals for us to choose from, and she continued to be extremely responsive and helpful throughout the rest of the process. Our ceremony script was customized and felt very true to us. Many of our guests told us how beautiful they thought the ceremony was and how much they enjoyed AC's animated and sincere officiating. I can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/22/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

AC is very organized, knowledgeable, professional, and just wonderful to work with. She basically helped lay out most our ceremony, since we weren't sure how we would go about a Vietnamese/American wedding. Our ceremony was beautiful, touching, and very unique. We couldn't ask for anyone better and can't thank her enough for her amazing work. She made the whole process very easy for us...so I would definitely recommend her to any couple!

Profile Picture Victoria, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews

Profile Picture Victoria, 7/9/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Buddhist, Lutheran, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony

A.C. was such a pleasure to work with. We just wanted a simple ceremony in the outdoors, fashioned around our preferences and spiritual beliefs rather than repeating boilerplate that's been used a thousand times. She helped us write the perfect ceremony, and conducted it with charm, grace, and a wonderful, calming presence. We can't recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Steve, 6/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

A.C did a wonderful job! Our wedding was on June 18th at the Billingsley House! She was very flexible and allowed me to have tons of input on our ceremony. It was perfect! I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 6/18/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

AC was our officiant at our wedding June 4, 2016 in Washington, DC. She is fantastic. She really helped us create a meaningful ceremony that was true to us, our families, our faiths, and our values. Very responsive, easy to work with, a consummate professional.

Profile Picture Brian, 6/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were looking for an officiant that would make us both comfortable and would listen first to help figure out what our ceremony should be. A.C. was very easy to work with and she truly helped us make the ceremony our own. She made a lot of great suggestions and helped find style that fit us. She also had a lot of great ideas on how to bring elements of our very different backgrounds (Ukrainian and Vietnamese). Would definitely highly recommend Capitol Ceremonies.

Profile Picture Tet, 4/9/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

AC of Capital Ceremonies was delightful to work with. She was extremely professional and organized throughout all our dealings with her. During our initial interview, she spent a lot of time getting to know us. We really wanted to make our ceremony reflect our story and our values, and she did a fantastic job at capturing the vibe that we wanted, going back and forth on drafts until the language was just right and it flowed seamlessly. We could never have done it without her! We also had some fairly non-traditional ideas about how we wanted the ceremony to go, and she was great at helping us think through our options and logistics for our set up (in the round, walking in together, with all of our guests surrounding us). We had our ceremony in the DC War Memorial on the National Mall, and AC was a huge help at helping us figure out how best to use that space. She gave us the idea to do a sort of reverse receiving line, where we greeted guests as they arrived; we absolutely loved how it worked out! Our guests, particularly our parents, all had lovely things to say about her. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/11/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

We are so glad we found AC to officiate our wedding! We wanted something non-traditional and un-religious, and she wrote the most beautiful ceremony for us. She incorporated some poignant quotes and give us a variety of ideas for traditional cultural practices based on our ancestry. We loved that it didn't sound like the traditional religious ceremonies we'd been to time and time again and that we were able to incorporate some unique and fun elements, like a wine box time capsule to be opened on our 5th anniversary (and hopefully not before!) and sharing a glass of wine to symbolize our union. ...we got married at a winery so the wine practices were fitting!
She was really helpful and patient throughout the process, and we would highly recommend her to be a part of your most special day!

Profile Picture User4746312, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My new husband and I were very pleased with the lovely ceremony that AC helped us create. My husband found her while searching the internet for an officiant to perform a small and simple ceremony for us. We met her and she really guided us through what seemed a daunting task to us both. She created a ceremony that was personal and took into account our values as well as our backgrounds to really customize our wedding to fit us. We highly recommend her for her professional, warm and knowledgeable style!

Profile Picture User5333812, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had an inter-faith marriage and wanted an officiant who could make the ceremony a reflection of our values rather than of our religious views. After meeting with AC, we knew we had the right person. She was wonderful to work with and was very accommodating of our wishes. She did a great job capturing the true essence of what we wanted to convey - a celebration of life with our closest family and friends. Thank you AC!

Profile Picture Suresh, 6/13/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Interfaith Ceremony, No Denomination

My wife and I choose A.C. after reviewing and speaking with a number of officiants. She came highly recommended by a friend who had attended a ceremony officiated by A.C., and she gave rave reviews. We were not disappointed. We wanted a ceremony that was traditional but at the same time incorporated our own ethnic traditions and had an obvious modern and forward touch. After the ceremony, all our guests commented on how personable, down to earth and emotional it was. Thanks to A.C., we had the ceremony of our dreams.

Profile Picture Scott, 4/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I had known for years that my colleague AC Warden was a gifted Celebrant, but it wasn’t until she agreed to officiate at my own wedding that I fully experienced the uniqueness of Who she is and the outstanding creative qualities she brings to this profession she truly loves. The weeks prior to Ruth’s and my wedding were filled with unexpected twists and quirks – but absolutely nothing caught AC off-guard… her instinct for problem solving before they happen is uncanny, and that is only ONE of the many talents she has tucked away in her enviable bag of tricks!

I could easily say heart-felt dittos to every word of praise in the reviews on this page. Instead, I will add one more quality I consider one of her finest: She opens her gifted inner-eye and finds the deepest essence of each couple she works with; then she paints that essence on a simple but perfectly expressed canvas of words that not only touches the two hearts whose joining she has designed, but also deeply moves those in attendance.

I have officiated and attended uncounted weddings in my own career as a Celebrant. But Ruth’s and my ceremony was spiritually more powerful in its elegant simplicity than any wedding I ever witnessed -- I believe the word is ‘Perfect.’

Thank you AC, colleague, friend et célébrant par excellence

Sarah and Ruth

Profile Picture Sarah , 12/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I chose AC as our officiant because we were looking to create a unique yet traditional wedding ceremony. We loved the process of creating a ceremony with her as we went back in forth in drafts to create the perfect version. The readings that AC presented us with were heartfelt and perfect. The amount of work she put in to find the perfect pieces of text and turn our own words into a cohesive ceremony was astonishing. On our wedding day I 100% felt like she had captured us and our guests could not stop talking about what an emotional and beautiful ceremony we had. I would recommend Capital Ceremonies in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/25/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Choosing AC as our wedding officiant is one of the best decisions we made in our planning process. From our very first meeting, AC was so warm and respectful, and truly listened and learned about us as a couple in order to create a beautiful ceremony. Correspondence was always prompt, and AC was extremely flexible in discussing what we wanted in the ceremony and making changes as needed. Our ceremony felt so deeply personalized and meaningful, and so many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed it. I feel that sometimes the importance of the ceremony gets lost in wedding planning, and working with AC is a fantastic way to ensure that your ceremony is beautiful and meaningful and really highlights the significance of your wedding day.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/18/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant

AC was a wonderful officiant at our wedding. We especially loved how she helped us craft our ceremony to cater to our personalities and backgrounds. When we first met with her we only had vague ideas of what we wanted to do. She asked us many questions and gave ample suggestions as needed. She wrote the initial draft and let us make edits, big or small. She was also very flexible in accepting last minute changes. At both the rehearsal and the wedding day, she went over everything in detail and made sure everyone knew his or her role. She officiated flawlessly, and the ceremony was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. We highly recommend AC!

Profile Picture Carrie and Ethan, 9/27/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My wife and I used A.C. Warden as our officiant, and we would highly recommend her to anyone else.

My wife and I are both non-religious and thus wanted a secular ceremony. But we also both have some Jewish heritage, so we wanted to have a few Jewish customs in our ceremony. So we really wanted an officiant who was flexible and could design a ceremony around our specific needs. A.C. Warden fit the bill perfectly.

We met with Ms. Warden initially and just talked to her about us and about our ideas for our wedding. She came prepared with a binder full of pictures and ideas from other weddings she had done. It was nice because although we knew some aspects of what we wanted in our ceremony, the idea of designing the whole thing from scratch was daunting. She helped us to incorporate our ideas while creating a framework for the whole ceremony.

Most of the ceremonies I've attended where the officiant didn't know the couple getting married ahead of time have felt impersonal. A.C. Warden does a good job of making sure this is not the case with her. She gave both of us a questionnaire for us to fill out where we could talk about ourselves, our relationship, and our feelings for each other. She then incorporated a lot of what we said into the ceremony. It really made it feel very personal and did a good job of conveying what this marriage meant to us.

Leading up to the wedding, there was a back and forth process with the text of the ceremony. She sent us a draft that we could go over and make changes to depending on what we liked and didn't like. She had a number of good suggestions for readings that we could choose from (since we didn't have any particular ones in mind ahead of time).

During the wedding itself, Ms. Warden did an excellent job. She is a good speaker and was a nice calming presence for us.

Overall, I'd say if you an experienced officiant who can create a customized and personalized ceremony for you, than A.C. Warden is a great choice.

Profile Picture Ryan, 8/9/14, 3 Reviews