35 Reviews for Canna Country Inn

Accommodations (4)
Parking (4)
Glassware (1)
35 Canna Country Inn Reviews

Susan and Dan, owners of the Canna Country Inn were great. The inn was the perfect spot for our out of town family and friends to stay during my daughter's wedding. The grounds are well kept despite the week of rain we had in advance of the wedding day, they were excellently manicured. I would highly recommend the Canna Country Inn as a wedding venue if you are having a garden wedding or for a comfortable stay on a long weekend retreat.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 7/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is absolutely stunning. The set up is great for being able to spend time with family and friends!

Profile Picture Alice, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is absolutely beautiful, inside and out. We had a wonderful weekend wedding!! Everyone from our overnight guests to our Saturday evening guest raves about how gorgeous everything was. Can’t wait to go back and maybe spend the weekend for one of our anniversary’s

Profile Picture Christy, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sooooo worth it!! Perfect place for all of our out of town guests to stay for the wedding. We rented it for the weekend so we could have the rehearsal dinner and wedding all in one spot!! The owners were more than accommodating to our large group. The Inn is beautiful. Perfect place for a wedding!!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Canna Country Inn is the best hidden treasure ever! I can truly say, we were so lucky to have found this venue for our wedding and would highly recommend it to others. This venue had everything we wanted and so much more. It was the perfect place for a small/medium private indoor wedding and reception. Our family members were all assigned charming bedrooms and baths, which made our wedding weekend even more special for our guests. In fact, they describe our special day, as a “Hallmark Wedding”, because the Inn was decorated so beautifully for the Holidays and everything was absolutely perfect! You provide your own food and beverages, which is another great advantage. We had our reception catered, and had a bartender as well. The florist and baker delivered right to the house, which was also a bonus. The house was filled with a lot of love and laughter, in its entire 3 floors of splendor. We can’t thank Susan and Daniel enough for making our day/weekend so fabulous at their Inn. If you are looking for the perfect venue for your wedding, this is it!

Profile Picture Stacy , 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding there on 10/1 and it was perfect. Although it rained, there was enough room for all 100 guests and 40x60 tent.

Profile Picture Robert, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the most wonderful weekend at the Canna Inn. Having everything in one spot was a huge relief. We were able to have all of my family members from out of town in one location and it gave us additional time to spend together. Our guests are still complimenting us about how beautiful the setting was. This is a great location if you are looking for a nice, intimate outdoor wedding. The amount you spend to rent the entire inn and grounds for an entire weekend is less than what you would spend renting hotel rooms, a ceremony site and a reception venue.
The owners, Susan and Dan, were just wonderful to work with as well. They were always timely in their responses and very accommodating.

If there was any negative about this site, I would just say to be aware that they have mulch around the grounds and in the reception tent area. If you have a dress with a train it will get caught in that, but you should be able to have that cleaned fairly easily.

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

This place was amazing always in touch with you when needed. And very responsive and helpful when asked questions. Very down to earth people own this venue and so easy to get along with. Am definitely coming back to visit, book a room, or to hopefully celebrate our 10 yr anniversary!!!!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Accommodations, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Glassware

I would recommend Canna Inn for any type of event, especially a wedding. It was beautiful! We were able to provide a place for the whole wedding party to stay so there wasn't any worry if someone would be late to the event. . Susan and Daniel were very helpful and went out of their way to accommodate our needs. Thank you for making my daughter's wedding so memorable!

Profile Picture J, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Canna Inn was the perfect place for our family to gather for a family reunion and wedding weekend! Everyone just raved about it, and we had such a fun time!! The accommodations are lovely, there is plenty of space for people to gather and share meals together, the kitchens are perfectly stocked, the deck and fire pit were a popular hang-out, we had a ton of fun in the game room, the grounds are beautiful, and the beds are super comfy. We were able to move in and make ourselves right at home, and have space to entertain additional guests lodging at a nearby hotel. Everyone could be together, yet have privacy if and when they needed it. A great feature of the Canna Inn is the location. It has all the charm of being in the country, but is still close to shopping and an easy drive into Harrisburg which made the weekend's activities a breeze. Many, many thanks, Susan and Dan, for your very warm hospitality!!

Profile Picture User6899177, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Travel

The Canna Country Inn is truly a hidden gem! The innkeepers, Daniel and Susan, were incredibly responsive during the planning stages, helping with local vendors and resources. Both the grounds and the Inn are so well cared for too! My guests were so impressed with the idyllic setting, especially for the ceremony in the "cove". If you're looking for a wedding or a family reunion, this is your place!

Profile Picture Rebecca , 5/28/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

Canna Country Inn is a GREAT venue to host a whole weekend of wedding fun! We were able to have our wedding party stay at the inn and celebrate the whole weekend not just one day! The setting was the perfect spot for an outdoor ceremony and reception. Many of our guests commented on the venue and simple country charm it created as we started our forever!

Profile Picture User5431792, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Parking

This venue was AMAZING!!!!!! With the venue, that includes rental of the entire bed and breakfast starting Friday-Sunday. We had out of state family able to stay in those rooms so they wouldn't have to pay for a hotel. We had the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, ceremony & reception all at the same place... Which made it so incredibly easy for everyone. It is not a generic place to get married and that is exactly what we were looking for. Everyone couldn't stop talking about how beautiful the grounds were! The owners were very helpful with providing names of DJs and caterers who had been there before if you didn't know where to start looking. They were also very quick to respond to emails and any questions I had. They are very genuine and I didn't feel like they were trying to sell me something... Which is hard to find! I would recommend this place to anyone.

Profile Picture User5109781, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.7

My guests and bridal party were blown away by the inn. There was enough space for everyone, and we were even able to keep me and my groom separate for the day of. The owners have some strict policies but they are all within common sense reason. The ceremony space was breathtaking and the area to set up a tent was perfect.
The best part was getting to have the inn for three days. This made it so much less stressful for the day of, knowing we had all weekend to clean up and relax. It was wonderful. And the price for three days was similar to some places that only allowed you the space for 10 hours.
Only concern was the mulch getting stuck to my dress but that's what cleaners are for!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/20/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved having our wedding here!! The inn and the grounds are beautiful and obviously well cared for. We had the inn for the whole weekend which gave us time to relax with the wedding party and family. It made it so convenient to set up and clean up. We rented a tent and moved the ceremony under the tent at the last minute because it was raining, we were really glad we got the tent just in case. We had cocktail hour in the Inn itself which had plenty of room for everyone to mingle. Later when the weather cleared up the grounds were a great for everyone to explore and loved having everyone hang around the fire pit at the end of the night. It was a great value as well, the price is the whole weekend is what you would pay at many other places for 6 hours. We received many complements on the venue and had a wonderful time!

Profile Picture Erin, 9/13/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

Susan & Daniel are absolutely incredible innkeepers. The Canna Country Inn is amazingly gorgeous & their care & love of the inn comes through in every facet. Us & our wedding party could not have been more thrilled to be staying at the inn & really enjoyed everything that it had to offer.

Profile Picture Kristin, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I are so happy we choose Canna for our wedding. We had the house for the whole weekend which allowed us to spend time with our families who came in from all over the country (California, Alaska, West Virginia). The house was big enough for 5 of my brothers and sisters and their families as well as my husbands family without feeling crowded. The grounds looked amazing the day of the wedding. We received many compliments from guests about Canna. Susan and Daniel were very easy to work with and prompt with responses. We would love to come back to Canna for another family event!

Profile Picture Dee, 5/17/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience at Canna Country Inn was beyond perfect. The venue was beautiful, and Susan and Dan were nothing but helpful and accommodating. We rented the entire B&B for the weekend and had a fabulous time with our family and closest friends there to celebrate with us. I cannot recommend this venue highly enough. It truly made our dreams come true!

~Molly and Chris Allwein

Profile Picture Molly, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't tell you how beautiful the Canna Country Inn is. The pictures on their website do not do it justice. We had 18 friends and family coming in for our wedding reception and the inn easily accomodated all of us. It had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. The kitchen was completely stocked with everything and the inn had books, movies, and the game room entirely for our use. Each room had it's own bath and TV, which was nice if someone wanted to get away from the crowd or take a nap. Our entire wedding party, including 40 guests, found the property gorgeous and uniquely one of a kind. We are already talking about planning a follow up event there with our same friends and family.

Profile Picture Erin, 9/14/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The owners of the Canna Country Inn were incredibly easy to work with. They keep the Inn with a decidedly rustic touch to give that homey feeling and it works. Beautiful grounds with multiple areas for firepits and gatherings, which worked out well for our big group. We stayed at the Inn from Thursday until Sunday with our entire wedding party (14 to be exact) and had an absolute blast. The Inn itself has multiple areas for groups to do what they wish and not be on top of another person. The bar area upstairs has a pool table, foosball and a beautiful bar. The men were up here quite a bit enjoying ourselves. The women enjoyed making fires each night and being able to catch up on old times. As far as value, this place has it in spades. Our beds were all comfortable, plenty of tables/chairs, reading nooks, etc... Too much to list really. We factored in the costs of having our wedding party stay at local hotels or at the Inn and the Inn was definitely the better value. The owners themselves are a very nice couple that live on the grounds, but NOT in the Inn. They are available whenever you need them and answered all my little (sometimes stupid) questions. Even their dog Moses was awesome and I am not a dog person at all.

On the big day itself, we decided to use the Canna Country Inn as our venue. The Inn gave the perfect backdrop to our big day and made it even more special. They can fit a 40x60 tent (which should accomodate 110+/-) but that is the max that you can really fit. The parking situation was easy because you can rent parking next to the Inn. The deck is a nice place to have a bartender if you want to save room inside the tent. I hope to have a family reunion here in five years, just so I have a reason to use the place again!

Profile Picture Steve, 10/27/12, 2 Reviews
4.7

Renting the Canna Country Inn for our wedding weekend was the best investment we made in our wedding. My husband and I rented the Inn for the Thursday through Sunday of our wedding week. All of our wedding party stayed with us in this beautiful barn converted to bed and breakfast. The setting was so beautiful for our wedding reception, which we held in a tent behind the Inn. The Inn owners Susan and Daniel are super easy to work with. They live right next to the Inn, and mostly let us alone for the weekend so we could set up, decorate, and relax before the wedding.

Our only complaint is that the owners come up to my husband during the reception, fifteen minutes before we told them we would be ending it (at the resonable hour of 8pm), to tell him the music needed to be turned down.

Profile Picture Karen, 10/27/12, 5 Reviews
4.7

My husband and I were married at Canna Country Inn just yesterday, and we loved it! The inn is spacious and beautiful, and we were able to have our wedding party and immediate family stay with us there for the weekend, which was really convenient and fun. We had so many comments from guests about how much they loved the venue and what a unique setting it was. The innkeeper Susan was also lovely, professional and sweet. They also provided us with ingredients for smores so our friends and family staying at the inn could could enjoy them over the firepit at night. The only possibly negative thing about the site was that we had to shut the music off at 10 pm because of the local noise ordinance, but that isn't the fault of the inn and we had plenty of time to dance before that. I would definitely recommend this site for a wedding/party or for a family get-together!

Profile Picture Kate, 9/22/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was so amazing!!!! The inn is beautiful and so are the grounds!!! We couldn't be happier!!! The owners were lovely to work with!!! :) If you get married here you won't be sorry!!! I keep getting compliments about the inn!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Canna Country Inn is one of the best places you can have your wedding in the mid-state. The price you pay for the Inn for the entire weekend vs. the price you pay for 5 hours at most other places is about the same. The extra time you get to spend with your family and friends who stay the whole weekend with you is priceless. It's cozy, yet roomy. It's country, yet can be very elegant and romantic. And the innkeepers are very friendly and accommodating. Selecting the Inn as our wedding venue was the best decision we made. You have so much flexibility and can really have your dream wedding here.

Profile Picture User1346596, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cannot imagine a better venue for my wedding! As soon as my (now) husband and I walked in last fall we were immediately drawn to the warm decor and professionalism of Susan and Daniel. We were able to schedule several walk-thoughs prior to the wedding and they patiently answered all my questions via email and phone. The price for the rooms at the inn and the event was very reasonable. Our family and friends who stayed with us at the Inn all loved it and it made for a great place to connect with each other before, during and after the wedding that weekend. There was plenty of room in the inn and outside for the wedding itself. We had the ceremony in the lower cove and a tent just outside the house. Such a beautiful location - even a bit of rain during the reception could not ruin the day! Thanks so much to Susan and Daniel for helping make our wedding weekend perfect.

Profile Picture Emily , 7/28/12, 3 Reviews