Candy+Co. Events, LLC Reviews

Candy+Co. Events, LLC 1
Candy+Co. Events, LLC 2

Meredith B · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing Wedding Coordinator!!

From start to finish, Candy was an amazing and indespensible resource for us throughout the wedding process: in terms of (1) navigating, recommending & choosing wedding vendors, (2) keeping us on time and organized for the wedding planning process, and then (3) during the day of the wedding helping us throw what our friends and family considered the best wedding they had ever been too!! None of the magic and pure fun we experienced on our wedding day would have been possible without her. While some people warned us that couples are stressed on their wedding day, we had the time of our lives and the most beautiful, awesome and worry-free day thanks to Candy! We were able to live in the moment because we knew she had it all taken caren of.

Would recommend Candy to anyone who wants to have the time of their lives on their wedding day and have a kick-ass wedding ninja by your side.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

You guys had amazing attitudes, flawless style, and a vision that excited me from the moment we met! I had a wonderful time working with you and then your wedding party and then being welcomed into your joint families!! Thank you so much for letting me be part of your day!
  • Rachel

Rachel Dashoff · Married on 10/21/2018

Completely Stress-Free Wedding

From beginning to end, Candy was an incredible resource. I never had to stress, because no matter what wedding planning threw at us, Candy was always there to help. She knew exactly which vendors would work for us, was always able to offer words of advice, wisdom, and calm, and created the most incredibly useful spreadsheets and guidelines for what to ask each vendor while interviewing them. We always loved getting her monthly emails, but she is worth more than her weight in gold just for the peace of mind and flawless execution she provides on the day of.

At our wedding we both ate full meals, drank our drinks and water, danced, got the photos we wanted, and even had a full slice of cake (the groom) and pie (the bride). Candy flawlessly transitioned our wedding from outdoor plan A, to indoor plan B, while reassuring both of us that this wasn't going to effect anything major. If anything actually went wrong, I'm not sure even we knew about it! She is definitely a ninja, and our wedding was absolutely perfect because we had the BEST wedding planner, and she helped us hire an incredible team of vendors who all worked together seamlessly.

Sent on 11/21/2018

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

Rachel! You and your husband are such treasures!! You communicated your questions, shared your concerns and made it so easy for me to help. I think you have a little ninja-spirit in you!!! p.s. I've already started going through Kate Spade-inspiration withdraw without you.

Sydney V · Married on 10/06/2018

Asks the hard questions - then helps you figure it out!

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Candy+Co. We used the month-of package and Loreal and team were a dream. Loreal asked the really hard questions and left no stone unturned. But in asking those hard questions, they really helped us figure it out, contemplate the options, and choose what was best for us.

And then the day of? I didn't need to worry about a thing. I forgot I had any stress at all! THAT is what I wanted day of - that is what I wanted to feel. And Loreal and team gave me just that: peace of mind and a kickass wedding day. 100% recommend!

Steven · Married on 09/29/2018

Candy was incredible

I cannot recommend Candy enough. She made our wedding day (and the week before) run incredibly smoothly. The most important, and best, money we spent on our wedding.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

AW! Thanks so much Steven! You and your bride were such a pleasure to work with! You were so sweet to surprise her at the end of the night and that first dance was magic!! I wish you both a happy forever!
  • Lakisha

Lakisha · Married on 09/08/2018

Loreal Loreal Loreal!!! Our matrimony maverick! I really have no words for the magic she worked for us throughout our wedding process. She made our day so seamless and that is the great mark of a true professional. We didn’t worry about anything..or should I say she had everything under control so if there was something to worry about we didn’t know about it because she just handled it. Thank you so much for your dedication and understanding. I’d recommend Candy and Co. every time!

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2018

We worked with Kaitlin from Candy+Co. for day-of coordination for our recent wedding. Kaitlin is professional, organized, and a pleasure to work with. The day of the wedding would simply not have been as smooth or enjoyable without Candy+Co's help. Kaitlin took all my many items needed for the wedding day the night before and I didn't have to worry about much on the day of the wedding, aside from getting my hair and makeup done! It took so much pressure and stress off the wedding day - I now see why friends aggressively recommended hiring day-of coordination. Both Kaitlin and Alana remained on top of everything, from decor details to event timing, with total calm and composure. We would definitely recommend their services to help you relax and enjoy the day!

Annie W. · Married on 06/17/2018

Amazing Wedding Planner!

Candy is an amazing professional! She coordinator all the details and ensure the day of went smoothly. She is an excellent communicator and extremely organized. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking to simplify their wedding planning process!

Janelle · Married on 06/09/2018

Look no further than Candy & Co. Candy and her team were truly a delight to work with. From day one, it was very clear that they go above and beyond to create the wedding of your dreams. Candy was extremely detailed, organized, thoughtful, and made the whole process stress-free. I couldn't image a better wedding planner to go through every detail with. She was extremely responsive, very flexible, and kept us right on tract so there was no last minute stressing. We couldn't have done it without her and we HIGHLY recommend working with Candy & Co.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

Oh J+R!! You were so truly a delight to work with! Thank you for your responsiveness, positivity and willingness to be open and honest with me. I enjoyed our time together GF’s and wish you both the happiest of futures together!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/19/2018

Candy + Co were a dream to work with. Having been to a friend's wedding that Candy planned and seen some of the company's other work online, I was drawn to their work because of the beauty and attention to detail, but also because no wedding is the same. Candy and her team work with every couple to figure out what is going to work for them - price point, mood, aesthetic - everything! There is clearly no cookie-cutter approach here. Our wedding turned out even more "us" than I possibly could have imagined.

Alana was our primary planner with Candy as our backup, and they were always there to answer our questions and handle our anxieties. They kept us on schedule and helped us to evaluate our options in a sensible and thoughtful way.

On the day of the wedding itself, everything went off beautifully and we (my husband and I, but also our family, wedding party, and friends) didn't have to worry about any of the logistics at all - everything just happened. It was amazing.

I would recommend Candy + Co to anyone who doesn't want to go it alone. They provide a variety of service levels, from the full planning package (which we took advantage of) to day-of planning (which I've heard from credible sources is really much more than just "day-of").

Sent on 06/13/2018

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for working with us for your wedding day! Its was a gorgeous event filled with love and laughter! We wish you a huge HELLO to new adventures as a married couple!

Kate · Married on 04/28/2018

We worked with Candy and Kaitlin for our wedding and reception. Candy handled the "day-of" coordination from about 2+ months before our wedding. She supported us through some tough discussions with our reception venue and made sure everything was very organized and went smoothly on our special day. Kaitlin was at the venue making sure everything was set up (or re-set up as the case was) correctly. We were so happy we hired Candy+Co. and would make the same decision again. We recommend Candy and her team to anyone--the sooner the better!

Sent on 05/21/2018

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

K+N, It was such a pleasure to work with you both! Thank you for being responsive, clearly communicating your vision and trusting me to work on your behalf! We wish you the best of everything life has to offer!

Shane · Married on 12/09/2017

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Loreal @ Candy+Co! My fiancé (now husband) and I started late in our wedding planning process, actually very late!! When we realized we needed help to make our 150+ person wedding work, we had only 8 WEEKS until our big day!!! It is an incredible understatement to say I was unprepared and I really needed help!! I contacted Loreal at Candy+Co!!! and she was ON IT and was AMAZING!!! The greatest “wedding gift” Candy+Co could give us was the smoothest coordination of events and feeling of perfect harmony behind the scenes so I NEVER had to worry about the tiny details! That is exactly what we wanted! Loreal made this HAPPEN!! The wedding was whatever we could dream up or ever wanted and Loreal w/ Candy+Co could make that happen, but I didn’t have to do it alone!! (Sparklers at dusk?! Honestly not easy!! But she did it!!) I had my Candy+Co “Team Wedding” at every turn for recommendations, advice, coordination, tips and, when I wanted, she would immediately put together a list of vendors for me to choose from for whatever I was looking for!! That was the BIGGEST HELP! I didn't have to worry! Loreal contacted vendors if I wanted and arrange for food tasting (this would happen in a matter of hours or 1 day when I requested!! Amazing!!!). Loreal w/ Candy+Co. coordinated perfectly with everyone to ensure that they were part of “Team Wedding.” My Photographer, Priest, friends, and more were so impressed by the way they worked that many have requested information on working with them again in the future. Candy+Co honestly SAVED OUR DAY from being a completely frustrating experience and made it a simple joy!!
    By far, Candy+Co is the very best company I have EVER worked with for any event planning, personal planning, or event organization.
    Give yourself the peace, comfort, and just enjoy your wedding!!! HIRE Candy+Co!! It was the second best decision we made our wedding day (Getting married was the 1st!)

Sent on 12/20/2017
    Candy+Co. Events, LLC 3

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

S+D - Thank you so very much for the warm and kind words. I am thrilled to hear that our services were the icing on the elegant green ribbon cake for your EPIC winter wonderland wedding! We wish you the best forever, and ever with very limited #orange slices!" - Loreal

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

Words cannot express my gratitude for Candy and her team at Candy+Co. My wedding was a dream come true and I owe so much of that to Candy. She helped to create the perfect wedding for me and my husband. Every idea and vision I had, Candy and her team brought it to life and made it that much better.

For the past 7 years, I have been planning events for up to 35,000 people, I know what it takes to put on a successful event... so I thought I could manage my own wedding and do it all myself. But planning an event for a client and planning your perfect dream wedding are two entirely different beasts. The stress of doing it myself won and I'm glad it did because I met Candy and she immediately put my mind at ease.

There is no doubt in my mind that if you hire Candy, she will go above and beyond for you and make the investment entirely worth it. Candy is incredibly professional and a friend at the same time. I don't like the show Scandal but I will make the reference because Candy is like a gladiator, she just handles it, no matter what. I am incredibly lucky to have had her help.

Candy responded to every question, email and call within hours, no matter the day or time. She's incredibly well organized. I am a very detail-oriented person and I met my match with Candy. She had every minute of the day planned so I didn't have to worry about a thing.

I could share countless examples of how Candy went above and beyond to make my wedding the best day of my life but instead I will just leave you with this... if you think you don't need a wedding planner, think again because I can guarantee you that Candy will be the best investment you make. My husband and I got engaged in June of 2016, we met Candy in February of 2017 and we got married in October of 2017... if I could do it all over again, the only thing I would do differently is hire Candy once I got engaged.

Sent on 11/08/2017
    Candy+Co. Events, LLC 4

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

L+E! What a brilliant review! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your wedding day! We knew that signing with a professional planner meant we had big shoes to fill and are thrilled to know that we met your needs AND gave you peace of mind!! We wish you both a lifetime of happiness, adventure, and Veuve Clicquot!!!
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 09/29/2017

We had a great experience with Alana from Candy + Co. There was an issue during my wedding (with the caterer) and I didn't find out about it until the reception when my husband asked me about it. I didn't have to worry about anything and it was more than awesome to send all vendor emails and questions straight to her when I was stressing out close to my wedding day. <3

Sent on 10/31/2017

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

Thanks a million for your kind words! It was amazing to be part of your big day. Wishing you all the best! - Alana

Harry · Married on 08/12/2017

Candy and Alana are great! We had a lot of twists and turns, including date and venue changes, and they got us through it all. Fantastic team.

Sent on 08/28/2017

It was our pleasure S+H!

Jimmy · Married on 08/06/2017

We interviewed four planners and Candy stood out by far and we couldn't be happier with our choice.

Candy is one of the most organized, detailed, caring and dedicated planning professionals I've ever met, and I say this from the perspective of being an OCD planner myself! Her talents in coordinating and communicating are outstanding and we highly recommend her.

Her online planning tools made budgeting, tracking and collaborating countless details much easier than starting from scratch. There simply is no detail that Candy overlooks and she will guide, opine, ask, nudge, cajole and lovingly insist (when needed) to keep you and the other service providers on schedule and in the loop so everyone is working as a team in preparation for and during the big day.

Although we had been working with Candy for months, it was especially satisfying to see her in action on our wedding day. She is prepared for EVERYTHING including the inevitable surprises (torn pants hem, 89 year old aunt who needed a ride, sick sister-in-law right out of the hospital who needed extra personal attention).

Working with Candy meant we were able to enjoy our wedding day without worry. We'll be forever grateful to her for always treating us not like clients but with love. Sounds sappy but it's true--she loves her work and it shows in everything she does.

Andrew & Jimmy

Sent on 08/27/2017

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

A+J, Thank you both so much for trusting me with your wedding day! It was a pleasure and honor to be there to witness your love for your family, friends, and each other!

Lauren · Married on 07/15/2017

Candy & Co took all of our random little thoughts about how we wanted our wedding to look and feel and found all the perfect vendors to make it a reality. They are incredibly responsive, such a good value and kept our wedding the fun, traditional-ish but bright and happy celebration they wanted. When I woke up the next morning with no idea about where my various pairs of shoes or cake topper were, I was not at all worried because I knew Bayleigh was on top of it and had everything ready to go for my family at the end of the night. We couldn't have asked for better planners, especially planning from Colorado and California, go talk to them now, they are awesome!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

We were so thrilled to work with you and Carlos! You had wonderful ideas, incorporated everything you loved and made sure family felt all the thanks for being a part of your wonderful wedding! It was truly a pleasure and Bayleigh, I and the whole team wish you and Carlos a very happy forever!

Joanna · Married on 07/15/2017

I truly cannot say enough positive things about my experience working with Candy. Of all of the decisions we made related to the wedding (and the wedding was incredible and truly the best day of my life), choosing to work with Candy was absolutely the best choice of all. My mom and I must have said "thank god for Candy" dozens of times. She's incredibly attentive to detail, reliable, responsive, flexible, and fun. To demonstrate her attentiveness to detail - I had lost my voice the morning of my wedding and texted Candy. She brought tea and honey to the wedding, and she even made sure someone stirred my tea when the honey had likely settled to the bottom. THAT is the level of detail you get with Candy! Regarding her responsiveness, she responds to e-mails nearly immediately, and never longer than half of a day. She is also very calming. Several times I called her stressed about a wedding-related issue and I always got off the phone in a good mood. Candy did an excellent job of putting in her two cents when asked for it (backed up by tons of experience and knowledge), but always focusing on helping me figure out what would make me the happiest. I truly feel that hiring Candy made my year and a half of wedding planning more relaxed and fun, and the final day turned out better than my husband and I had imagined. I am someone who tends to have high standards for being responsive and reliable, and I HIGHLY recommend Candy without any reservations.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for being so amazingly responsive, for listening to my advice, and for being open and honest so that I could address anything that needed a resolution. Most importantly, THANK YOU for trusting me!!! Your wedding was awesome, but you and I both know, your best days with D are ahead of you! I can't wait follow along as you greet your next new adventure into forever. All of my love and best wishes!!

Debbie · Married on 07/15/2017

We were so, so fortunate to have Candy for our wedding planner. She is amazing, amazing, amazing. Our daughter's wedding was basically a "destination wedding" in that I live across the country and our daughter is in graduate school in a city that is 3 hours away. Candy was incredible in helping narrow down vendors that she knows does great quality work and would fit into our budget, is incredibly responsive immediately to e-mails, and has a very special way about her that left my daughter feeling cared for and happy after each and every interaction. Somehow, on the day of, she manages to be everywhere and helpful to everyone. Even my niece who was there with two small children was amazed how she was helpful and aware of HER needs, brought tea with honey for my daughter who was losing her voice, and in so many other ways. I cannot express how grateful we are to Candy for helping us make this whole experience as wonderful as we ever could have hoped for or imagined.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much Debbie! It really was so wonderful to work with both you and your daughter in planning her wedding. I hope we can work together again in the future on another personal event!

Doug · Married on 07/15/2017

Candy was the best!!! We weren't even really serious about hiring a planner, but we called her anyway just to see what we'd think, as she came highly recommended -- she won us over in the call and repeatedly ever since. Candy was tremendously skilled, obsessively detail oriented, and perfect in her planning for our wedding. She made sure everything was done and took a lot of the stress out of the process for my (new) wife. We'd absolutely recommend her for ANY wedding.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

D! Thank you so much for the ringing endorsement! I loved being part of your wedding and working with you and J through the planning process! I wish you all of the best in this next great adventure together!

Carlos · Married on 07/15/2017

We loved them. We got a wedding that we loved, our guests loved, and they made sure we enjoyed it to. The whole process was streamlined and low stress due to their management and insights. In more detail:
    Awesome people: They are some of the nicest people to work with. We always felt respected, received quick replies, and generally felt very comfortable working with them. They were always on our side.
    They work with your vision: They are extremely flexible in adapting to our needs, from meeting our budget, to the tone and character of the wedding. They never pushed their own vision, they worked with us to make sure we were happy. That doesnt mean they did not provide any advice or recommendations, but they were all in line with our vision.
    They recommend awesome vendors: All the people they proposed we use (flowerist, photographer, etc) we all really liked. We felt comfortable with them and they delivered way beyond our expectations.
    Always provided sound advice: Ultimately, many decisions were up to us, but we often had to weigh multiple pros and cons. They were always able to provide a good sounding board for helping us decide which decision to do.
    They handle all the minor details and setbacks during the last stretch. They made sure they had plan B, C, D etc for any setbacks that could occur and basically took over all the details in the last month. They basically guided us throughout the chaos of paying, finalizing contracts, timelines, etc without any hiccup.
    They make sure the Bride and Groom were FED. With all the chaos that happens after the wedding, they make sure that the Bride and Groom have some time alone together to breath, collect their thoughts about what just happened, and be able to actually enjoy the union that just occurred.
    They are on point during the chaos of the celebration: guiding the guests, and VIPs to food, dancing, cake eating, etc. Never were we or our guests unsure of what was happening next and where to go.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

C - This is so awesome! Thank you so much for the great review and insight into our planning management! We loved working with you and your lovely bride! We can't wait to hear what next great adventure you explore next! If you're ever back in the DC area, please don't hesitate to reach out for a coffee/catch up!
  • justinwilcox

Justin · Married on 04/22/2017

Bayleigh Butterbrodt and Candy Borales of Candy+Co Events provided us with expert planning guidance and day-of-wedding coordination for our 22 April 2017 wedding at Capon Springs & Farms in Capon Springs, WV. Our goal was to host a wedding ceremony and reception that brought together our friends and family from across the country and the globe, merged elements of our two cultures (colorful India and rustic West Virginia), and coordinated talented vendors across West Virginia and the D.C. area. Bayleigh and Candy provided us with invaluable planning tools and leveraged their expertise to provide us with phenomenal suggestions and answers for every question we came across. Bayleigh coordinated communication between all our vendors and scheduled walk-throughs with vendors at our wedding venue. When inclement weather was forecasted for our wedding day, Bayleigh helped us to enact our Plan B that moved our outdoor events to indoor spaces. Bayleigh and Candy also updated our wedding website with the new details when we lacked access to wifi and cellular data at our remote venue location! They arrived on the wedding day with earpieces and transceivers that allowed them to communicate seamlessly with each other throughout each event! They walked our officiants and wedding party through our ceremony rehearsals, assisted us with finalizing our Plan B seating arrangements, and allowed us to focus on getting ready for our ceremonies during all the final preparations! Following our ceremony, Bayleigh and Candy brought us our signature drinks and hors d'oeuvres, ensuring that we had our much-needed alone time together. Candy+Co gave us peace of mind throughout our wedding day with their expertise, professionalism, and impeccable attention to every detail, and we cannot thank them enough for giving us the stress-free wedding day of our dreams! We are truly honored to have had them leading our wedding team, and we hope to work with them again soon for a future special occasion!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

We were honored to be a part of your Wedding day!! Thank you so much for trusting us to see your vision through!

Amanda · Married on 11/20/2016

"Professional" is not enough to describe these guys. Incredible attention to details like where furniture goes, when furniture moves, finding stray family members; lightening fast responses every time I called, emailed, or texted; an uncanny (experienced) ability to proactively answer questions forming in my mind. Frankly, There are so many decisions that have to be made even for a relatively small and simple wedding, and it was such a relief to have a pro on my side to give me ideas, names, and price ranges. Even my vendors kept saying "oh you've got Candy + Co so we don't have to worry about __________". We worked with Alana who, on top of being an incredible planner, is so FUN! Her enthusiasm is infectious, and she was always ready with great ideas and encouragement.

Gregory · Married on 10/29/2016

What a wonderful experience it was from start to finish with Candy+Co.! We wish we could do it all over again to work with the people that helped bring our vision to life. Everything turned out better than we expected and so much of it had to do with Candy and her team.

Throughout the process, Candy kept us on track month by month and week by week. We loved working with the vendors she recommended and the vendors we found ourselves loved working with her. A lot of credit goes to Candy herself who knows how to lead a team. She was always responsive and ready to step in when we needed assistance or to answer any questions. Our wedding and reception was held at a venue that had never held a wedding before but Candy handled everything perfectly and our wedding was amazing. On the day of, she was a calming presence for us while also making sure things were getting set up correctly and on time. Throughout the night Candy and her team were caring and attentive of us and our guests.

We highly recommend Candy+Co. and couldn’t have done it without them.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

We cannot tell you what a joy it was to be a part of your wedding! Thank you so much for the wonderful review!

Moira · Married on 10/23/2016

I literally do not know how we would have planned and organized the party celebrating our daughter’s wedding without the assistance of Candy + Co. Since we only had three months to do everything, the know-how, patience, and organizational skills of Candy and Kaitlin were invaluable. And most important of all, they are kind and good-humored! I always knew I could call on them for advice about any aspect of our event. Their knowledge of vendors was especially helpful, and a big time-saver given our tight schedule. On the night of the event, I was able to totally relax, knowing that Kaitlin would be on top of every detail. And she was! The only problem related to the event was fixed by Candy before I even knew about it. I would recommend Candy + Co without hesitation to anyone planning an event in the DC area.

Sent on 11/01/2016

Candy+Co. Events, LLC's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review Moira and for the personal notes! Kaitlin and I had so much fun working on this event! Dare we say... we'd love to work on the next one you have in the works!