Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Jessica C. Married on 11/06/2021

Glam and stunning bridal makeup that made my whole wedding day!

Candice gave me the most amazing look for my wedding day! She was extremely professional, and we did a trial before the wedding to hammer out any minor details. She was extremely receptive to my thoughts and ideas about what I'd look like, and she was so patient when I couldn't make up my mind (about the lip color). She experimented with all different colors until I found one I loved, which made her so special. Her makeup art is glam and beautiful, and it made me feel like a model on my wedding day. Everyone kept complimenting me on my makeup, and it's all thanks to her! In addition, she was very thoughtful regarding the skin types of all my bridesmaids and myself, and she chose our skin case routine based on that. She even spent time moisturizing and hydrating our skin before makeup application. I cannot thank her enough honestly, and I recommend her to all my friends and family.
  • Catherine
    Catherine H. Married on 10/30/2021

Candice is the best!

Candice is such a professional and so talented. From the preview through the big day she was so kind and did such a good job. She made me and my bridesmaids all look so beautiful, kept perfectly on schedule, and was so much fun. I couldn't have asked for more from her and her assistant!
  • Chaka
    Chaka M. Married on 10/07/2021

Beauty enhanced!

It was a pleasure working with Candice and her assistant as they made the bridal party looked fabulous for my wedding day! I wanted a slightly different bridal look and requested for Candice in giving me a pop of color (blue) for my eyeshadow. I received a lot of compliments on my makeup. I say, be bold and try color. During the booking process, Candice was quick to respond, professional, and answered questions in a timely manner.
  • Eleanor
    Eleanor J. Married on 09/11/2021

Amazing Experience

Candice was amazing, from the preview look to day of the wedding. I sent her a look I was going for and she nailed it. She even put a twist on it and gave me my something blue incorporated into my wedding day look. Very professional and fun to work with. Will highly recommend her to anyone thinking about booking a makeup artist for their special day. Thank you so much Candice.
  • Kenya
    Kenya H. Married on 07/24/2021

Amazing Service

Candice is awesome! She was very responsive, she answered my questions and has a down to earth personality. She did my photos for my engagement and my wedding and I will most definitely be using her again. It came out amazing both times.

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Kenya! You looked so amazing each time. Thank you for trusting me for your wedding day.
    Ashlee S. Married on 07/11/2021

Wonderful MUA

Candice was absolutely amazing! She made me feel comfortable and I felt so pampered in my trial AND wedding day! She asked me what I was looking for and I trusted her and boy I’m glad I did! She goes above and beyond to make you feel glamorous!
    I was looking for a hairstylist and she pointed me in the direction of one that she works with and they do magic together!
  • Miranda
    Miranda Married on 04/17/2021

THE absolute best

Candice is an ARTIST. Her skill is unmatched, and her personality makes the entire experience so incredibly fun and enjoyable. She is very thorough regarding your current skin care, skin concerns as it relates to makeup, how you can best alleviate those skin issues prior to the big day, and ensures she knows the exact look you're going for (and matches it to a T) on the big day. She also ensured that it would last the entire day (and it did) and gave my bridesmaids and me a personalized makeup kit for any extra needs throughout the day. I have never felt more beautiful in my life, and she did that!!! She also does one-on-one sessions (both in-person and virtually), which I cannot wait to attend so I can learn from her expertise. Choosing Candice will hands-down be the best decision you make for your day! 11/10 recommend!

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Hi Beautiful, inspiring Miranda! I'm just so grateful that our paths crossed. You blessed me so much in our time together. I'm happy to hear how pleased you were with your experience and the service you received. Thank you for taking time to share this review with future brides
    Rhonda Married on 02/05/2021

So talented with a personalized touch!

I highly recommend Candice Hardy if you're looking for a makeup artist for your wedding! Candice's makeup artistry skills are top-notch and made me look absolutely beautiful on my special day. She also has a winning personality and truly makes you feel special. I had a diverse group of bridesmaids with different complexions and skin types and Candice was able to make each one look beautiful with a wide array of shades and products to complement any skin tone. She took care to understand our skin type and match products accordingly. She made sure our looks lasted well into the night despite the heat of the day. Candice was very responsive throughout the process and answered all of my questions promptly and providing great recommendations when needed. All of my bridesmaids felt and looked beautiful and wanted to know her information so they could hire her for their events. She even presented me with a personalized makeup bag with my name on it! I was beyond pleased with Candice's service and professionalism.

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Rhonda!! What a pleasant surprise to receive a review from you. Thank you so much. I'd love to see some of the pictures. I know they had to be glamorous with Omar Zeta as your photographer
  • Victoria
    Victoria Married on 11/07/2020

Candice is AMAZING! The MUA you want and need!

Candice did such an amazing job making me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day! She gave me the look I was going for and much more. She is very professional and truly cares about the health of your skin as well. We were in constant communication throughout the process and she worked with me through all of the changes and challenges of planning a wedding during a pandemic. She has such a warm spirit and a pleasure to work with! My bride tribe and I looked absolutely stunning! We also received cute goodie bags at the end of our service so that we could touch up our makeup throughout the evening. I will definitely book Candice again for future makeup services.
  • Ashley
    Ashley G. Married on 10/25/2020

Flexible Beauty

Candice was AWESOME! She was easy to work with even after a flat tire on my bridal preview day, to a mother in law who couldn't make it up the stairs to the bridal suite. She took it all in stride while making our entire bridal party look absolutely fabulous. Her pricing was spot on for making our day go smoothly. We could not have asked for a sweeter, kinder, more flexible artist to turn us into the most beautiful bridal party we could have ever asked for. We highly recommend her to anyone, for anything!
  • Lena
    Lena T. Married on 10/10/2020

Candice Is Absolutely Amazing

It was such a pleasure working with Candice she’s very responsive, answered all my questions and even adjusted things to get the exact look I was going for on my wedding day! She had me looking flawless as well as my bridal party! Everyone was completely satisfied and we all came in different shades from fair to dark complexions so she knows how to do it all! I highly recommend her!
    Alexis V. Married on 09/19/2020

Candice is awesome!

Candice did a GREAT job on me, my bridesmaids, and my mother! I was a little worried about my mom - she has been doing her make up one particular way for like her whole life and this was the first time she had ever had her makeup done, and she looked BEAUTIFUL! Would 100% recommend Candice to anyone looking for a MUA
    Shai B. Married on 08/09/2020

Professional, personable, and so talented!

I loved working with Candice for my wedding! I originally was going to do my own makeup, but after we had to reschedule the wedding, I realized I wanted one less thing to have to stress about. After scoping out her Instagram and reading many rave reviews, I reached out to her about a month before my wedding, and I was so happy to learn that she was available! She was flexible, her responses were always timely, and she was happy to answer any questions I had. She is very professional, while also being fun and super easy to talk to.

During my trial, she surprised me with my favorite snack and wine, which was so sweet! She asked questions to get an understanding of my vision, and let me be a part of the process. On my wedding day, she and her second artist, Tara, arrived on time and got set up quickly. All of my bridesmaids enjoyed talking to them while having their makeup done, and of course, everyone looked stunning! Candice made sure to take into account any changes we'd talked about after the trial, and when she finished, I was in love! My makeup stayed put all night and I got so many compliments!

Throughout the process, I always felt that I could communicate with and trust Candice. She also took safety measures seriously, such as wearing her mask, frequently sanitizing, and using fresh tools.  It's clear that she cares about her clients and her craft, and I am so happy to have invested in her as my makeup artist!

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you for this GLOWING review Shai! It was an honor to service you. Thank you for trusting me. You looked SOOOO good =)
    Julianna Married on 08/08/2020

Awesome, on-time, professional, excellent work. It was an awesome experience choosing this makeup artist.

Her level of service was very professional, affordable, and an excellent communicator. She shows a tremendous level of caring for her bride(s) and what they want for their special day. I would recommend her to any bride to be.
    Edward M. Married on 08/07/2020

EXCEPTIONAL Bridal Experience!!!!!

Candace provided 5 star service for sure:-) She is very professional. From our initial contact up to my actual wedding day and even thereafter Candace's communication was excellent . Candace is exceptionally talented. My as well as my daughters makeup was FLAWLESS. She did an AMAZING job! Not only was her work outstanding she was very personable. This will definitely not be my last experience using Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry. No need to look any further ladies because your day won't be all that you expect it to be if you don't use Candace Hardy. She truly helped to enhance my natural beauty which is just what I was looking for. THANK YOU CANDACE!!!!! Can't wait for my next Candace Hardy Makeup Artistry experience:-)
    Brittani G. Married on 05/23/2020

Best mua in the area

I had an overall excellent experience with Candice and her team!! I used Candice for my Engagement shoot, Wedding Ceremony and for my delayed Wedding Reception! Candice showed up and showed out for myself as well as my bridal party!! We all looked flawless on the big day.

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Brittani for trusting me during your most precious moments! I just love it. Especially how you captured the moments in those beautiful canvas pictures in your home.
  • Lark
    Lark W. Married on 03/14/2020

Best Make-up I Ever Had!

Candice is such an awesome make-up artist. She has an uplifting, welcoming personality and made me feel at ease. She was willing to meet me near my wedding venue and I really appreciated that. The make-up was flawless and and I loved that she came prepared with so many foundation shades (so important for folks with melanin!). The make-up lasted all evening and still looked fresh towards the end of the night. Everyone was complimenting me on my make-up. I am definitely reaching out to her for future events.

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Lark! I had an amazing time servicing you on your wedding day. It's so crazy how it was right on the cusp of the COVID madness beginning. Nonetheless it was a pleasure to service you and I can't wait to see the pictures.
    Chasity Married on 12/18/2019

Wedding make up

Candice and Tamara did a wonderful job!
    Anna A. Married on 12/08/2019

Professional

I got married on 12/8/19 and Candice did an incredible job! I threw her some loops by adding an individual to her list last minute and she adapted quickly! She made my time enjoyable. My makeup was beautiful! It held all night! I would certainly recommend her!
    Natalie C. Married on 11/02/2019

Simply Amazing Experience

It was such a pleasure working with Candice for my wedding! I rarely wear makeup so it was very important to me to have a lighter look . Candice was great at offering suggestions for colors, etc. and gave me the perfect natural glow I desired. My bridesmaids looked fabulous and loved their looks as well.

Candice is highly skilled but also very humble. She brings such positive energy, and I felt very comfortable through the entire experience. Candice is super responsive and replies quickly to emails and texts. She is very professional and arrived early to ensure she started and ended on time, even with a location change halfway through the job. Bonus: she made note of my favorite candy and brought that as well. I would reccomend Candice to anyone that I know.
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey D. Married on 10/05/2019

A-maz-ing!

From the very first moment I spoke with Candice on the phone, to the very last moment she sent me off all glammed up as I went off to my “first look”, she was amazing!!! Candice was patient with me and all of my bridesmaids as we explained what we wanted done. She was friendly, kind, outgoing, and made every single girl feel confident and beautiful. I would 100% recommend her and Tara, the other MUA who came along for my big day. They arrived earlier than scheduled on the day of the wedding, which helped give us more time to truly take care of every single girl’s needs. I showed a picture to Candice of what I envisioned for my bridal makeup and the result was spot on. At the end of a very long, fun morning full of makeup and lots of laughs, Candice presented me with a little surprise gift bag filled with a few full size products that she used on me throughout the day. Thank you Candice and Tara for making my wedding dreams come true!

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Lindsey! Oh my goodness thank you so much taking the time to review my services. I feel like it was years in the making leading up to your wedding day. I'm so glad you chose me and booked out so early. I can't wait to see the awesome things that you and your hubby accomplish and experience in your lifetime together.
    Vee B. Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing experience

We don't live in the city of Richmond so I use Instagram to be able to find a makeup artist for my wedding day. I was immediately drawn to Candice pictures I knew I wanted her for my wedding. Her communication was amazing from start to finish. The day of the wedding, we had so much going on and we had to make so many changes to the makeup schedule but she was always flexible. We were running behind so she worked on my makeup as I was getting my hair done at the same time. My mom called her a magician because she made her like so beautiful. She had the entire bridal party looking amazing.

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you for trusting me Vee and writing this review! I had such a good time with you and your girls. You are truly loved by those closest to you and it shows.
    Tyrisha Married on 09/07/2019

Awesome Person

Candice was great to work with from the beginning to end. She won me over during my trial when she surprised me with my favorite milkshake. Candice was very accommodating and willing to do anything to ensure I was comfortable with my look and made sure I looked my best. All of my girls looked absolutely beautiful.
  • Cidnye
    Cidnye Married on 07/27/2019

Candice is THE makeup artist to book for your wedding!!

I was originally booked with another MUA, but after that fell through I immediately hit panic mode and was wondering what I was going to do. After a quick Google search and a personal reference, I found Candice and was immediately hooked by her social media and online presence. I could tell just from her videos and pictures on her Instagram that she was fun and energetic which is always an added bonus in a wedding vendor to bring positive energy to the day. After contacting her, I was impressed by her thorough interest form she has you fill out. Not only did it ask the standard questions such as date, time, location etc. but it also asked about your skincare and beauty routines and what your current practices are. I could tell Candice looks at the entire picture when it comes to makeup application and that starts with skincare. That made me feel like I was in good and thoughtful hands. Candice was always extremely responsive and quick! I was able to schedule a makeup trial with her within a week of our initial contact. When I arrived at the trial, I was greeted with a bowl of popcorn, a glass of wine, water and chocolates, talk about 5 star service!! Candice and I had such a blast and got along well. I knew within 2 minutes of the trial that she was the MUA I needed to book for my big day! Candice was great at communicating with me leading up to my wedding and was flexible with changes to who was getting what done. Since there were so many of us getting makeup done, she brought her assistant Tara who was just as amazing! Everyone who got their makeup done (bridesmaids, moms, grandma) looked like a million bucks and were obsessed with our experience with Candice and Tara. And last but not least, Candice surprised me with a cute personalized makeup bag with my name on it that she left with me for the day for any touchups needed. She really thinks of every little tiny detail! When it came to price, Candice was pretty comparable to other MUA's in the area and they were all relatively the same in cost. But I can tell you if you are planning on shelling out the money to get makeup done, you want someone who is thoughtful and personable like Candice to take care of you! You will be happy you did!

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Cidnye! I don't even have words to say to respond to this beautiful heartfelt review. You were an absolute joy to service and I'm so thankful that you took the time to share your experience with other brides who are looking for the perfect wedding day beauty experience. A million thank you's!