Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry Reviews

45 Reviews for Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry

• Miranda

Miranda · Married on 04/17/2021

THE absolute best

Candice is an ARTIST. Her skill is unmatched, and her personality makes the entire experience so incredibly fun and enjoyable. She is very thorough regarding your current skin care, skin concerns as it relates to makeup, how you can best alleviate those skin issues prior to the big day, and ensures she knows the exact look you're going for (and matches it to a T) on the big day. She also ensured that it would last the entire day (and it did) and gave my bridesmaids and me a personalized makeup kit for any extra needs throughout the day. I have never felt more beautiful in my life, and she did that!!! She also does one-on-one sessions (both in-person and virtually), which I cannot wait to attend so I can learn from her expertise. Choosing Candice will hands-down be the best decision you make for your day! 11/10 recommend!

Sent on 04/24/2021

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Hi Beautiful, inspiring Miranda! I'm just so grateful that our paths crossed. You blessed me so much in our time together. I'm happy to hear how pleased you were with your experience and the service you received. Thank you for taking time to share this review with future brides

Rhonda · Married on 02/05/2021

So talented with a personalized touch!

I highly recommend Candice Hardy if you're looking for a makeup artist for your wedding! Candice's makeup artistry skills are top-notch and made me look absolutely beautiful on my special day. She also has a winning personality and truly makes you feel special. I had a diverse group of bridesmaids with different complexions and skin types and Candice was able to make each one look beautiful with a wide array of shades and products to complement any skin tone. She took care to understand our skin type and match products accordingly. She made sure our looks lasted well into the night despite the heat of the day. Candice was very responsive throughout the process and answered all of my questions promptly and providing great recommendations when needed. All of my bridesmaids felt and looked beautiful and wanted to know her information so they could hire her for their events. She even presented me with a personalized makeup bag with my name on it! I was beyond pleased with Candice's service and professionalism.

Sent on 01/12/2020

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Rhonda!! What a pleasant surprise to receive a review from you. Thank you so much. I'd love to see some of the pictures. I know they had to be glamorous with Omar Zeta as your photographer
  • Victoria

Victoria · Married on 11/07/2020

Candice is AMAZING! The MUA you want and need!

Candice did such an amazing job making me look and feel beautiful on my wedding day! She gave me the look I was going for and much more. She is very professional and truly cares about the health of your skin as well. We were in constant communication throughout the process and she worked with me through all of the changes and challenges of planning a wedding during a pandemic. She has such a warm spirit and a pleasure to work with! My bride tribe and I looked absolutely stunning! We also received cute goodie bags at the end of our service so that we could touch up our makeup throughout the evening. I will definitely book Candice again for future makeup services.

Sent on 11/26/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley G. · Married on 10/25/2020

Flexible Beauty

Candice was AWESOME! She was easy to work with even after a flat tire on my bridal preview day, to a mother in law who couldn't make it up the stairs to the bridal suite. She took it all in stride while making our entire bridal party look absolutely fabulous. Her pricing was spot on for making our day go smoothly. We could not have asked for a sweeter, kinder, more flexible artist to turn us into the most beautiful bridal party we could have ever asked for. We highly recommend her to anyone, for anything!

Sent on 11/24/2020
  • Lena

Lena T. · Married on 10/10/2020

Candice Is Absolutely Amazing

It was such a pleasure working with Candice she’s very responsive, answered all my questions and even adjusted things to get the exact look I was going for on my wedding day! She had me looking flawless as well as my bridal party! Everyone was completely satisfied and we all came in different shades from fair to dark complexions so she knows how to do it all! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/09/2020

Alexis V. · Married on 09/19/2020

Candice is awesome!

Candice did a GREAT job on me, my bridesmaids, and my mother! I was a little worried about my mom - she has been doing her make up one particular way for like her whole life and this was the first time she had ever had her makeup done, and she looked BEAUTIFUL! Would 100% recommend Candice to anyone looking for a MUA

Sent on 09/28/2020

Shai B. · Married on 08/09/2020

Professional, personable, and so talented!

I loved working with Candice for my wedding! I originally was going to do my own makeup, but after we had to reschedule the wedding, I realized I wanted one less thing to have to stress about. After scoping out her Instagram and reading many rave reviews, I reached out to her about a month before my wedding, and I was so happy to learn that she was available! She was flexible, her responses were always timely, and she was happy to answer any questions I had. She is very professional, while also being fun and super easy to talk to.

During my trial, she surprised me with my favorite snack and wine, which was so sweet! She asked questions to get an understanding of my vision, and let me be a part of the process. On my wedding day, she and her second artist, Tara, arrived on time and got set up quickly. All of my bridesmaids enjoyed talking to them while having their makeup done, and of course, everyone looked stunning! Candice made sure to take into account any changes we'd talked about after the trial, and when she finished, I was in love! My makeup stayed put all night and I got so many compliments!

Throughout the process, I always felt that I could communicate with and trust Candice. She also took safety measures seriously, such as wearing her mask, frequently sanitizing, and using fresh tools.  It's clear that she cares about her clients and her craft, and I am so happy to have invested in her as my makeup artist!

Sent on 08/25/2020

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you for this GLOWING review Shai! It was an honor to service you. Thank you for trusting me. You looked SOOOO good =)

Julianna · Married on 08/08/2020

Awesome, on-time, professional, excellent work. It was an awesome experience choosing this makeup artist.

Her level of service was very professional, affordable, and an excellent communicator. She shows a tremendous level of caring for her bride(s) and what they want for their special day. I would recommend her to any bride to be.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Edward M. · Married on 08/07/2020

EXCEPTIONAL Bridal Experience!!!!!

Candace provided 5 star service for sure:-) She is very professional. From our initial contact up to my actual wedding day and even thereafter Candace's communication was excellent . Candace is exceptionally talented. My as well as my daughters makeup was FLAWLESS. She did an AMAZING job! Not only was her work outstanding she was very personable. This will definitely not be my last experience using Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry. No need to look any further ladies because your day won't be all that you expect it to be if you don't use Candace Hardy. She truly helped to enhance my natural beauty which is just what I was looking for. THANK YOU CANDACE!!!!! Can't wait for my next Candace Hardy Makeup Artistry experience:-)

Sent on 09/30/2020

Brittani G. · Married on 05/23/2020

Best mua in the area

I had an overall excellent experience with Candice and her team!! I used Candice for my Engagement shoot, Wedding Ceremony and for my delayed Wedding Reception! Candice showed up and showed out for myself as well as my bridal party!! We all looked flawless on the big day.

Sent on 11/15/2020

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Brittani for trusting me during your most precious moments! I just love it. Especially how you captured the moments in those beautiful canvas pictures in your home.
  • Lark

Lark W. · Married on 03/14/2020

Best Make-up I Ever Had!

Candice is such an awesome make-up artist. She has an uplifting, welcoming personality and made me feel at ease. She was willing to meet me near my wedding venue and I really appreciated that. The make-up was flawless and and I loved that she came prepared with so many foundation shades (so important for folks with melanin!). The make-up lasted all evening and still looked fresh towards the end of the night. Everyone was complimenting me on my make-up. I am definitely reaching out to her for future events.

Sent on 05/18/2020

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you so much Lark! I had an amazing time servicing you on your wedding day. It's so crazy how it was right on the cusp of the COVID madness beginning. Nonetheless it was a pleasure to service you and I can't wait to see the pictures.

Chasity · Married on 12/18/2019

Wedding make up

Candice and Tamara did a wonderful job!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Anna A. · Married on 12/08/2019

Professional

I got married on 12/8/19 and Candice did an incredible job! I threw her some loops by adding an individual to her list last minute and she adapted quickly! She made my time enjoyable. My makeup was beautiful! It held all night! I would certainly recommend her!

Sent on 01/10/2020

Natalie C. · Married on 11/02/2019

Simply Amazing Experience

It was such a pleasure working with Candice for my wedding! I rarely wear makeup so it was very important to me to have a lighter look . Candice was great at offering suggestions for colors, etc. and gave me the perfect natural glow I desired. My bridesmaids looked fabulous and loved their looks as well.

Candice is highly skilled but also very humble. She brings such positive energy, and I felt very comfortable through the entire experience. Candice is super responsive and replies quickly to emails and texts. She is very professional and arrived early to ensure she started and ended on time, even with a location change halfway through the job. Bonus: she made note of my favorite candy and brought that as well. I would reccomend Candice to anyone that I know.

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey D. · Married on 10/05/2019

A-maz-ing!

From the very first moment I spoke with Candice on the phone, to the very last moment she sent me off all glammed up as I went off to my “first look”, she was amazing!!! Candice was patient with me and all of my bridesmaids as we explained what we wanted done. She was friendly, kind, outgoing, and made every single girl feel confident and beautiful. I would 100% recommend her and Tara, the other MUA who came along for my big day. They arrived earlier than scheduled on the day of the wedding, which helped give us more time to truly take care of every single girl’s needs. I showed a picture to Candice of what I envisioned for my bridal makeup and the result was spot on. At the end of a very long, fun morning full of makeup and lots of laughs, Candice presented me with a little surprise gift bag filled with a few full size products that she used on me throughout the day. Thank you Candice and Tara for making my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Lindsey! Oh my goodness thank you so much taking the time to review my services. I feel like it was years in the making leading up to your wedding day. I'm so glad you chose me and booked out so early. I can't wait to see the awesome things that you and your hubby accomplish and experience in your lifetime together.

Vee B. · Married on 09/14/2019

Amazing experience

We don't live in the city of Richmond so I use Instagram to be able to find a makeup artist for my wedding day. I was immediately drawn to Candice pictures I knew I wanted her for my wedding. Her communication was amazing from start to finish. The day of the wedding, we had so much going on and we had to make so many changes to the makeup schedule but she was always flexible. We were running behind so she worked on my makeup as I was getting my hair done at the same time. My mom called her a magician because she made her like so beautiful. She had the entire bridal party looking amazing.

Sent on 09/18/2019

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you for trusting me Vee and writing this review! I had such a good time with you and your girls. You are truly loved by those closest to you and it shows.

Tyrisha · Married on 09/07/2019

Awesome Person

Candice was great to work with from the beginning to end. She won me over during my trial when she surprised me with my favorite milkshake. Candice was very accommodating and willing to do anything to ensure I was comfortable with my look and made sure I looked my best. All of my girls looked absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Cidnye

Cidnye · Married on 07/27/2019

Candice is THE makeup artist to book for your wedding!!

I was originally booked with another MUA, but after that fell through I immediately hit panic mode and was wondering what I was going to do. After a quick Google search and a personal reference, I found Candice and was immediately hooked by her social media and online presence. I could tell just from her videos and pictures on her Instagram that she was fun and energetic which is always an added bonus in a wedding vendor to bring positive energy to the day. After contacting her, I was impressed by her thorough interest form she has you fill out. Not only did it ask the standard questions such as date, time, location etc. but it also asked about your skincare and beauty routines and what your current practices are. I could tell Candice looks at the entire picture when it comes to makeup application and that starts with skincare. That made me feel like I was in good and thoughtful hands. Candice was always extremely responsive and quick! I was able to schedule a makeup trial with her within a week of our initial contact. When I arrived at the trial, I was greeted with a bowl of popcorn, a glass of wine, water and chocolates, talk about 5 star service!! Candice and I had such a blast and got along well. I knew within 2 minutes of the trial that she was the MUA I needed to book for my big day! Candice was great at communicating with me leading up to my wedding and was flexible with changes to who was getting what done. Since there were so many of us getting makeup done, she brought her assistant Tara who was just as amazing! Everyone who got their makeup done (bridesmaids, moms, grandma) looked like a million bucks and were obsessed with our experience with Candice and Tara. And last but not least, Candice surprised me with a cute personalized makeup bag with my name on it that she left with me for the day for any touchups needed. She really thinks of every little tiny detail! When it came to price, Candice was pretty comparable to other MUA's in the area and they were all relatively the same in cost. But I can tell you if you are planning on shelling out the money to get makeup done, you want someone who is thoughtful and personable like Candice to take care of you! You will be happy you did!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Cidnye! I don't even have words to say to respond to this beautiful heartfelt review. You were an absolute joy to service and I'm so thankful that you took the time to share your experience with other brides who are looking for the perfect wedding day beauty experience. A million thank you's!
  • Ashlee

Ashlee W. · Married on 07/06/2019

Amazing make up artist!

Candice was wonderful! She made my bridesmaids and I so comfortable throughout her entire process. We met at a bridal show and instantly became friends! She is such a sweetheart. Our makeup was AMAZING! I would choose her over and over again! Thank you, Candice for making me look BOMB on our wedding day. - Ashlee

Sent on 07/11/2019

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Mrs. Ashlee I'm soooo glad you chose me! We are truly friends now. I'm so excited for your new beginning.
  • Brooke

Brooke P. · Married on 05/18/2019

Candice is incredible!

I cannot recommend Candice enough. I’m so picky about makeup so finding the perfect person to do mine on my wedding day was one of the main things that stressed me out. When I met Candice, I knew she was exactly who I was looking for. Not only is she a boss at her job but she’s kind, hilarious, outgoing and extremely professional. She has a unique way of making you feel beautiful while taking the wedding stress away as she does your makeup. I had a lot of last minute changes happen and as you can imagine that’s not exactly what a bride needs when her big day approaching, but Candice was very flexible and accommodating the whole time. Again, I can’t recommend her enough!!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Hi Brooke! This is one of the most beautiful reviews I've ever received. It was truly and honor to service you. With so many artists to choose from I'm so glad you chose me. Thank you!
  • Gloria

Gloria · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing work!

It was great to a familiar face to work with my bridesmaids the day of the wedding. Candice was able to move quickly to assist the ladies and added lots of laughter throughout the day.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Gloria! I appreciate you allowing me to service your girls and to be a part of your wedding day.

Tiffanie · Married on 03/23/2019

Bride on March 23, 2019

Candice recently did my makeup for my wedding on 03.23.19. I can't say enough good things about her. She is down to Earth, professional, sweet, and can slay your makeup. I walked away feeling and looking absolutely amazing! I could really tell that Candice loves what she does. If you are looking for a makeup artist and are on the fence about Candice, DO IT! You will not regret it!!!! Candice you are amazing!!

Sent on 03/27/2019

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Tiffanie! This picture is GORGEOUS!! wow wow wow! Thank you for choosing me to service you. You were a doll to work with and I'm stalking your photographer for pictures =)

Annie · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing and wonderful

Candice is a great artist! Very professional and very talented in her craft!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Annie! Can't wait to see the pictures of you and the ladies. I hope your honeymoon is awesome.

Aida · Married on 10/06/2018

Our experience with her was good

She was great to work with. Very easy to get along with once you meet her in person, so you will feel very comfortable. Thank you for being flexible on the day of the wedding when our time shifted.

Sent on 10/25/2018

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Aida! You and your family are so beautiful. I loved how your culture was part of your wedding day. Such a cool experience!

Monika · Married on 09/01/2018

Great Experience, Great Make-Up

I was referred to Candice by a mutual friend. I reviewed Candice's website and really liked her style. She was very responsive via email and I decided to set-up a make-up trial for my wedding. She lives in another city than I do and she was very accommodating with scheduling. When I arrived for my appointment, she was completely prepared and had refreshments available for me. She was very nice and easy to talk to. My appointment was fun! Most importantly, my make-up was amazing! I loved it! I arranged for my mom, 3 bridesmaids and myself to have our make-up done. She arrived early and was ready to go based on the timeline I provided. Everyone looked great and I had a very nice take-away. I highly recommend Candice!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Candice Hardy Makeup Artistry's reply:

Thank you Monika! You were amazing to work with. I cannot wait to see these photos seriously. Thank you for trusting me on your precious day.