Callista & Company Reviews

Callista & Company 6
Callista & Company 7
  • Nicolina

Nicolina Lashoff · Married on 07/18/2019

Best addition to the planning process

We found Callista as a recommendation from a friend of a friend and she was the best addition to our wedding planning process. Both my husband and I work very time demanding jobs so Callista made all the decisions from vendors down to the last detail very easy. We relied heavily on her eye for design and could not have been more pleased with the end result!

Sent on 09/27/2019
    Callista & Company 8
    Callista & Company 9
    Callista & Company 10
    Callista & Company 11
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2018

Highest level of attention to detail and service

Wonderful experience! Highly recommend working with Callista because she is so organized and on point!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Callista & Company 12
    Callista & Company 13
    Callista & Company 14
  • User7791006 · 1+ year ago

Incredible!!!! Professional and calm!

I could never have anticipated how much help Callista was. I’m extremely self sufficient and I would have been a mess without Callista. We got married in NYC and had to bring in every element (tables, chairs, linens, etc), so it was a big job. She was calm, incredibly organized, had great design skills (she literally designed our invitations) and an incredible eye for decor. She was honest with me when I needed advice but never pushy! She was suppportive of every decision I made and made our day smooth and calm. She allotted time for so many little things that I never would have predicted we needed time for. She coordinated with each vendor so I didn’t have to deal with scheduling or anything. She made I think 22 versions of our timeline in order to get it perfect. And it was PERFECT! On the day of she was so awesome to have around. She was cool and calm and never made me feel frazzled or rushed. She was able to adjust as well as the day went on. We had to push the schedule and she did it flawlessly. She was also available to me whenever I needed her via email or phone. She was prompt with calling me back and was always trying to make the process easy and fun!! It also didn’t hurt that she’s super sweet and kind. I can not recommend her enough. She will make your planning painless and you wedding day smooth and fun!! All you have to do is get married and have fun!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Callista & Company 15
    Callista & Company 16

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2018

Callista was the best thing that ever happened to us. I was a very naive and indecisive bride who had very little idea what I wanted in regards to my wedding nor how to approach it, especially in terms of details. Callista went above and beyond to make the planning process approachable and organized. Not to mention she was a constant source of support and encouragement, which was definitely necessary at times. One of the aspects I am most grateful for was her focus on my fiance (now husband!) and me, on what we wanted, what we felt was appropriate, what fit our personalities, rather than our families, social norms or expectations. It not only made us feel comfortable, but helped remind us repeatedly that this day was really about us. She was a constant ally and advocate.
    I especially recommend her if you are planning on using our venue, the Farimont Miramar. While absolutely gorgeous and puts on a great party, the venue staff can at times be unresponsive and challenging to work with during the planning process. Callista, with her previous experience at the Fairmont, was such an asset for these aspects. She knows the property and staff so well and was able to help facilitate all the logistical and planning details, which took a large burden off of us in dealing with these stressors.
    I cannot begin to express how grateful we are for Callista.

Sent on 09/13/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/25/2018

Calista is truly exceptional at what she does. I did not intend to hire a wedding planner until my florist highly recommended that I did, even if my venue came with a coordinator although I was extremely organized & detail oriented. Once I met Callista, I knew I made the right decision. Callista is extremely professional, organized and detail oriented. She comes to every meeting well prepared. She always steered me in the right direction with I had questions in making decisions that was best for me and my own circumstances. I always felt like I was her only client, which is such an amazing feeling for a bride. All my vendors love working with her, which gave me so much comfort that my wedding day would be smooth behind the scenes. On top everything, Callista has an amazing eye and I trusted her judgement in every way, from scheduling to style. She is also extremely talented at bring all the pieced together in a cohesive way, from stationary to florals, cake, too mood, setting, and tone of the day and evening. She truly brought my vision to life and I cannot thank her enough for making our wedding feel magical and better than we ever could have imagined in every way.

Sent on 06/22/2018

Jessica · Married on 10/28/2017

I cannot imagine having pulled off my 180 person wedding without Callista. She is so thoughtful, communicative, has an incredible eye for detail and impeccable design taste. Her sweetness, patience and calm demeanor were a reliable source of comfort to me and my (as of four days ago) husband throughout and every single vendor that we chose absolutely loved working with her and remarked on her organization, flexibility and professionalism. I felt like Callista was so invested not just in our wedding, but in us as individuals and really tailored the planning process and her design recommendations to fit our personalities and our lives so that the wedding I didn't even know I dreamed of having became a reality. She's the best.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Vanessa · Married on 09/29/2017

I don't even know where to begin with Callista, she is truly the best at what she does. I had no intent of hiring a wedding planner, but shortly into my planning process I got very overwhelmed and my husband suggested I look into it. Callista was recommended to me by a girlfriend and within two minutes of talking to her and I knew she was perfect. Callista is beyond organized and has an eye for perfection. She was always available to answer any question, regardless of how busy she was with other weddings (including her own at the time). Every other vendor we worked with from our DJ to photographer to venue commented on how great and organized Callista was. When it came to the actual wedding our whole day was perfectly planned out and my whole vision was brought to life. People kept asking me if I was nervous and stressed and my answer was always "no," I know that Callista is to thank for that. You truly can't go wrong with this amazing woman.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Abby · Married on 09/09/2017

Callista was THE best! From our very first meeting, Callista was professional, organized and was able to put together exactly our vision of the perfect wedding. I would recommend her again and again! She was very prompt and handled our crazy family with ease. I cannot say enough amazing things about her!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Beth · Married on 06/04/2017

Callista was amazing to work with! She was incredibly responsive, full of beautiful ideas, and made sure everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. I was at ease throughout the process because I knew that I was in the best hands possible. I would recommend Callista to anyone who is looking for a fantastic partner who will keep you on track and confident in your decisions, timeline, plans, etc. She's absolutely the best!

Sent on 07/21/2017

david · Married on 04/01/2017

We hired Callista to plan and coordinate our wedding, and were extremely happy with our decision! Callista went above and beyond our expectations. To begin with, she guided us through the entire wedding planning process, focusing on every detail without making the process stressful. She was very easy to work with, and instantly understood our needs and preferences. On our wedding day, she was perfectly poised and calm, which helped us relax and get the most out of the day. Callista will work tirelessly to make sure you have the best possible wedding or event; you should hire her immediately!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Carolyn · Married on 03/04/2017

If you want to have an enjoyable wedding planning experience, you should definitely hire Callista! Callista and her team did wonders with helping us to plan our wedding. We loved working with her! She is detailed and has impeccable taste. We recommend Callista and Co for all of your event planning needs!

Sent on 05/07/2017

Cong · Married on 11/05/2016

Hiring Callista was one of the best decisions we've made for our wedding. She is professional and very very very organized. We share similar styles and we had such a great time working with her.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Andrew · Married on 06/11/2016

Callista is incredible. Period. Hire her. It will be the best decision you make. It certainly was ours.

My (now) wife and I spent over a year planning our wedding weekend and Callista was there for us every step of the way. She is unbelievably responsive, overly generous with her time, extremely attentive to detail (just wait until you see her day-of timeline), incredibly well connected, tremendously knowledgeable and endlessly patient and supportive. Without a doubt, we can say that thanks to Callista our wedding day was perfect and we are so grateful to her.

Callista provided so much more value than I ever thought possible and we couldn’t have planned our wedding without her. We will ALWAYS refer her to our friends, families, and loved ones in need of her wedding planning services and, personally, we can’t wait to work with her again for planning other events in our future! Thank you, yet again, Callista!!

Sent on 06/30/2016

Cheryl · event on 02/15/2016

Callista is the best ever!!! She is thorough, thoughtful, has an amazing eye for design and ever so patient. We had the privilege of working with her on two occasions. Initially, we worked with her at the Fairmont Miramar, where she was the venue coordinator. She was always diligent about responding to our emails with thorough responses and explanations. Two years later, when we had to plan for our son's first birthday celebration, I thought to reach out to Callista for event planner recommendations. As it turned out, she had already left the Fairmont and started her own company. Callista offered her services and tailored it to our needs. We ended up planning our son's birthday over the course of three weeks with Callista. She executed our vision flawlessly with stellar design and vendor recommendations. The party turned out better than I could have ever envisioned. We love Callista and would definitely work with her again if the opportunity arose.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Danika · Married on 11/06/2015

Callista was an incredible wedding planner. She went above and beyond to ensure that everything was perfect and organized for our special day. We kept in touch often throughout the planning process which was number one on my list when working with a planner. I was living in AZ at the time and planning my wedding in Malibu, Callista was so easy to work with long distance. She even went to meetings on my behalf if I could not make it to them due to the distance. Aside from being extremely organized and on top of deadlines, she really desired to understand my vision for my wedding. She listened to what I wanted and did her best to make it happen. If something that I wanted was not possible, she was quick to offer another suggestion and work to come up with a solution that we would be happy with. Overall, Callista is kind-hearted and truly makes you feel like your wedding is the only wedding that she is planning. I never questioned the priority of our wedding on her to do list and I surely never doubted the amount of care and hard work that she was putting into our wedding. I would highly recommend her. To see some of her fantastic work browse our photos on this link, the day would not have come together without her. http://www.stephaniefay.com/blog.cfm?postID=509&triunfo-creek-wedding

Sent on 03/14/2016

Tracey · Married on 09/19/2015

First let me begin by saying that I cannot say enough good things about Callista. During my search for a planner my venue manager gave me a few suggestions, and Callista was one of them. Right off the bat during our meeting she seemed like a sweet genuine person and I really took to her right away. Yes, we did interview some other planners that were clearly older and had years and years of experience, but they all seemed so set in their ways, and maybe a bit too take charge. Callista knew what she was talking about, had great connections, but the best thing is she cared about my vision for my wedding. She wanted me to make the big decisions, but was always there backing me up. From the start Callista went way beyond her call of duty. Any help I needed she was there answering questions, reaching out to vendors, and keeping me assured that everything would turn out beautifully (which it did). There were times I had vendor meetings and she always did her best to show up to all of them, even if just for moral support. She kept me organized and constantly on task, so I always knew what I needed to get taken care of. I love planning events and love the details, but even I got stressed out at times. Luckily Callista was always there taking care of things I had not even thought of, or supporting me on those things I was unsure of. Even my father who had originally thought we would not need a planner, kept saying how we could not have pulled it together without Callista, and it’s true! During the rehearsal she was amazing at instructing everyone on what to do and keeping everyone’s attention. I felt very calm going into my wedding knowing that she was there taking care of things so that I could just enjoy the day. We highly recommend Callista for anyone that is looking for planner that will go above and beyond for your big day. She truly cares about your wedding day and wants to make it as magical as you have imagined it to be.

Sent on 12/18/2015

We hired Callista to be our wedding planner for my daughters wedding which occurred this past fall and I am so glad we did. The event was spectacular and we wouldn’t have been able to do it without Callista and her team!

Callista is very organized and kept track of everything for us. She helped us negotiate our contracts saving us money. She had lots of great ideas but was careful not to give her opinions unless asked. She even followed up with us after the ceremony to ensure we got our deposit back from the venue and to ensure there were no open issues.

Not only is Callista a great wedding planner, she is also a very nice person and was a pleasure to deal with. I wouldn’t hesitate to hire her again and I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 12/23/2015

Amy · Married on 08/09/2015

Callista and her team were my saving grace! She was extremely helpful in all my wedding and bridal needs. From the first time my husband and I sat down with her we knew we were in GREAT hands. Anytime I had any questions, serious or silly ones, she was always a phone call or email away and she always knew how to calm my nerves, questions, concerns and was able to do so in a way that made me feel at ease. My wedding was a hit and exactly (and more) then I ever could have imagined and I owe it all to her. Her vision met mine and she really knew what I was going for and read my mind. I can not be more grateful or appreciative for her hard and diligent work. She made my special day absolutely beautiful and beyond my wildest dreams.

Sent on 04/01/2016