California Dreamin' Weddings and Events Reviews

103 Reviews for California Dreamin' Weddings and Events

• Jennifer

Jennifer E. · Married on 09/18/2020

Karen is amazing!!!!

Karen made sure that my reception went smoothly and did a fantastic job at it. Working with her really took the stress off of me and i knew that i was in good hands. She made sure everything looked perfect at the reception and even met with me a few times before to get to know each other and walk through the venue. She really went above and beyond! I loved working with her and would 100% recommend California Dreamin Weddings and Events to any future brides looking for a coordinator. Thank you California Dreamin Weddings and Events for helping me with my dream wedding.

Sent on 10/05/2020

Clorie K. · Married on 08/29/2020

Nacy wedding

With all the chaos in 2020 we had to change our wedding venue 28 days prior to wedding date. We would have never been able to manage everything without Ali and Karen. They were wonderful and helped with every little detail that we may have overlooked. Even down to me forgetting my flower girls basket and Ali shopping for one hours before the wedding! They were perfect!

Sent on 08/31/2020

Claire K. · Married on 08/29/2020

Leave it to the Professional!

Never a worry with Karen in charge! She was professional, friendly, and knowledgable. She respected our choices, but encouraged us to follow her lead. Her experience helped us relax and enjoy our wedding.

Sent on 09/12/2020
  • Cathy

Cathy R. · Married on 08/05/2020

Beautiful day at BCYC

Karen is calm,confident and caring. She made our day flow so smoothly. If you are getting married anywhere in the OC you should give her a call.

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 03/14/2020

Day of Wedding Coordinator

It was awesome working with Karen. I hired her for day of coordination. She was always prompt to appointments and made sure everything was in order the day of my wedding. She contacted the vendors the month of my wedding and made sure they knew when and where to set up at the venue. The day of my wedding went smoothly despite a lot of changes during the week. She is very patient and flexible with all the changes with did during our wedding planning. I am so glad we hired her!! Thank you Karen!

Sent on 03/16/2020
  • Steve

Steve · Married on 03/14/2020

Absolutely amazing experience

Karen is amazing. I really cannot emphasize that enough. She has so much experience, offers advice that is not pushy but very well thought out, and is beyond responsive. There is so much to worry about with a wedding and the current situation with the world, but Karen made the whole experience nearly painless and worry free. The wedding was amazing, everyone was so happy, and I truly cannot do justice to the amount of effort, focus, and support Karen provided to us to get us through our wedding day. There is no doubt that if you want someone you can rely on, who truly embodies the ideals of "experience" and "professional", I cannot recommend Karen enough.

Sent on 03/16/2020

California Dreamin' Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you Angela and Steve!! It was a pleasure working with you and your families. I'm so very glad it did not rain during the ceremony, it was perfect! Best to you both, always and forever!
  • Brittany

Brittany C. · Married on 02/10/2020

Lovely Support

Karen was a great help for day of coordination. I didn't have to worry about anything- which is exactly what I wanted! I highly recommend Karen's services!

Sent on 10/13/2020
  • Aileen

Aileen A. · Married on 11/03/2019

Perfection & Grace

Karen was the best coordinator a bride and groom could ask for. I swear I felt like I may had been all over the place when it came to discussing the timeline and other details. I'm not even sure if I had given her enough to work with. But, Karen understood me regardless! She knew my style, my vibe, everything! She made me feel absolutely calm throughout the entire process -- from beginning to the end.

When I first met her, I felt like I connected with her very well! She was so easy to talk to and incredibly flexible. She was also quick to respond to any questions I had.

I felt at ease during my wedding because I knew I can trust her. Her help with the wedding made everything go so smoothly and to be honest, the day was nothing but perfect. My husband and I would recommend her to everyone and anyone! She will truly make your wedding day the one special day to remember for the rest of your lives.

Sent on 12/12/2019

Patrick S. · Married on 09/22/2019

Great experience with Karen & would totally recommend her!

Karen worked out amazingly for our wedding, not just the day off but the time leading up to it as well. The whole day everything went so smoothly and flawlessly, and she made it all happen. She was always there with suggestions, and a wealth of knowledge for all of our questions. Thanks again Karen!

Sent on 10/12/2019
  • Isabella

Isabella · Married on 07/27/2019

Life Saver!

Oh my, to say Karen saved the day would be an understatement. When I first found out my venue required a coordinator, I was so confused as to why. I thought what would I possibly need help with? I can do it on my own. Boy was I wrong and glad I went with Karen. It started with texts back and forth and then meeting at Starbucks. Her personality is so calm and she makes you feel like even if you say something silly or have a silly sounding request, she makes you feel heard. Fast forward, she came to our wedding rehearsal, she gathered all of our decor and told me that she would hold onto it. I didn't know what to expect, I was nervous because I wasn't sure how or where I wanted things placed, but she insured trust and I was excited to see how it would look. On the wedding day I was a ball of nerves and anxiousness. I had an incident where guests walked into my bridal suite and I got quite flustered, she handled it so professionally and made sure no one else was trying to get a peak. She orchestrated our line up beautifully. She displayed my decorations in a way that was so perfect that I couldn't have thought of it myself. She just ran the whole show and took off any amount of stress I could have had. She is a true super hero, and I am so glad she was apart of my special day. She is such a sweet soul and really takes pride in her job. I am so thankful to have found her. I would definitely recommend her. She is wonderful and I cannot think of anything I would change about my most special day which would not have been as perfect if it weren't for Karen. Thank you Karen from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 09/24/2019

California Dreamin' Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much darlin' for taking the time to write this lovely review! It was a pleasure working with you and your lovely families! Best to you both, always and forever!!

Rachel K. · Married on 07/20/2019

Love these girls

Originally, I wanted to book Karen as my day-of wedding coordinator but she ended up being booked before I gave my deposit. No problem, though, her assistant Ali was available for my day. I was initially a little weirded out that I did not really talk to Ali for any pre-wedding communication other than meeting her once (but they were both super nice when we met so it was helpful). All communication was filtered through Karen, but I trusted that they were communicating and had a plan and WOW everything turned out perfectly! Ali was amazing on the day of, she kept everything running smoothly and we never had to think about anything on the timeline. It was super affordable for all of the pre-wedding support I received and for everything they handled on the day of! Thank you both!! Our wedding was perfect and we couldn't have done it without you

Sent on 09/25/2019

California Dreamin' Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much darlin' for taking the time to write this wonderful review! You were such a beautiful bride!! I'm sooooo happy you had a wonderful day. Best to you both, always and forever xoxox
  • Kelly

Kelly P. · Married on 07/19/2019

Thank you, Karen!

Karen was a lifesaver as my wedding planner! It was so wonderful to not have to worry about any details on the big day, and she was so helpful in making sure all my vendors were on time and knew what they were doing and where to go. Can't thank you enough for making my wedding a totally stress free day for me!! Thank you, Karen! 💕

Sent on 07/23/2019

California Dreamin' Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you Kelly! It was a pleasure working with you and both of your awesome families. I wish you the very best FOREVER :)

Karen

Jason S. · Married on 05/26/2019

Karen makes your wedding day stress free!

Karen was a dream to work with. From our first meeting with her, to saying our good-bye's after the reception, she was always pleasant, friendly and had a smile. She offered her advice when it made sense, but was also able to step back when we had our own idea. Our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch...and on time throughout the entire evening! Thanks again for all your hard work Karen!

Sent on 07/05/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 05/17/2019

Don't look elsewhere, choose Karen!

Karen was extremely flexible and professional. At times my scattered brain had a hard time articulating what I envisioned for my wedding day but Karen knew exactly what I wanted! The day went off without a hitch. She's AMAZING!

Sent on 06/10/2019

Margaret · Married on 03/02/2019

Rain forecast forced our outdoor ceremony inside, Karen took care of everything

Karen was wonderful. It rained the day of the wedding and she worked with the venue to make sure our once outdoor ceremony was still perfect in the indoor environment. We made the decisions to move it indoors a few days before and after sorting out a few details we didn't have to think about it anymore. Karen worked with the venue to create a memorable day with the last minute changes.

Sent on 05/27/2019

Allison · Married on 11/11/2018

Karen is the best!

We hired Karen as our day-of coordinator. She was highly recommended by our venue and I can see why - she is amazing! Karen went above & beyond to make sure our day was stress-free. She was professional and responsive to all our requests. Karen followed up with all our vendors and created a timeline for our day. Everything ran smoothly and everyone raved about how great Karen was! Thank you, Karen, for making our wedding day extra special!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Jasmin · Married on 11/03/2018

Karen is perfect!!!

I have nothing but praise to say about California Dreamin'. I was fortunate to find Karen and she jumped right in to help me. She met up with me at our reception location, drew a map of our venue, wrote down where we wanted everything to go. Karen kept in contact with me throughout the months leading up to my wedding day and reached out to all my vendors. She offered amazing advice and opinions when I was feeling indecisive and overwhelmed. She reminded me of things I didn't think I would need, but did. There were moments where things were not going according to plan and Karen did not hesitate to revert to a back up plan and execute it so smoothly. I would hire Karen for any event in the future and have recommended her to everyone I know. Thank you Karen, for making my event go so perfectly! We are forever grateful!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Kate T. · Married on 10/28/2018

In Karen we trusted - and it was GREAT!

My biggest regret about wedding planning is not bring Karen and California Dreamin' Weddings into the process sooner. We hired Karen as our DOC but she also offers full and partial planning services, which would have been great to utilize. Karen was super communicative, supportive, and understanding of our wants and needs for our special day. She was such a calming presence during the lead up to the wedding and during the big day, and she allowed us to truly relax and enjoy our own wedding. She was able to handle communications with vendors with ease and transparency, and at no point did I have to worry about something not being executed properly - Karen excels at what she does. We don't plan on getting married again, but if we do - we know who we'll call first! Thank you Karen!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Jenny

Jenny S. · Married on 10/21/2018

Jenny and Ryan Wedding

Karen was our day-of coordinator and was absolutely a Godsend!! Karen was incredible with ensuring everything went smooth and perfect - and it was perfect! She had all of our vendors exactly where they needed to be and when. Karen was kinda like when Bugs Bunny plays baseball and Bugs Bunny is playing all of the positions and winning the game!

In addition to Karen rocking the organization and set up of both the ceremony and the reception, one of the other best things working with Karen is her cheerful and caring attitude and personality! She not only made this beautiful day happen for us but she also took so much of the pressure off of us and ensuring we had the best time possible.

Thank you again Karen! We could not have done it without you!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Molly · Married on 10/20/2018

Fantastic Experience with Karen

My husband and I got married at the Newport Beach Country Club in mid-October and had hired Karen Kupke as our day-of coordinator. Without a doubt, hiring Karen was the smartest vendor we booked in planning our wedding. Karen was gracious to our guests, invaluable in planning and scheduling, flexible to our wants & needs, and quickly adapted to accommodate vendor preferences on the day of. She ran the rehearsal and wedding seamlessly, brought expertise when we had many, many questions and calmed our nerves at every turn. She even jumped into action to help us troubleshoot when, on the day of the rehearsal, our hotel lost our escort cards and guest book. Without question, I'd recommend Karen to anyone who will listen. Thanks for an amazing wedding, Karen!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Lindsay · Married on 09/15/2018

Where do I even begin?! Karen is phenomenal and I'm pretty sure is super human! She is so organized, professional, smart, strategic, creative, and a genuinely wonderful person. She made our rehearsal, wedding day, and everything in between run smoothly, efficiently, and effectively. Our family and friends absolutely loved her and said how fantastic she was the entire time - my husband and I couldn't agree more! I'm going to miss working with her. Anyone who is looking for the best wedding coordinator possible, look no further as Karen should be your go-to!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Rachel · Married on 08/18/2018

where to begin! Karen was the best most patient life support you could ask for. The day was so smooth and perfect because of her. I live out of state and my parents did most of the vendor searchs and initial planning. Karen was there when we needed her and my life savor during the 2 weeks leading up to it. I would recommend Karen to any one she really knows what she is doing. THank you Karen for all you do! Dennis and I couldnt of done it without you!!!

Sent on 08/21/2018
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 07/06/2018

Best Decision for Our Wedding

This review is LONG overdue! Karen was such a dream to work with. She was so kind and reassuring. She is very professional and I could not have gotten through wedding planning without her. Thanks to Karen, the day of our wedding went so wonderfully! Thank you, Karen!

Sent on 12/09/2019

Lesley · Married on 04/27/2018

Karen was such a help for me. I consulted with her midway through my wedding planning process and benefited best from her partial planning package. She was very knowledgeable and easy to work with. She helped to keep my stress level at a minimum, which can be tough when planning your wedding!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Karen · Married on 04/20/2018

Karen was our day-of coordinator for our reception at Casa Romantica, and we very much enjoyed working with her. She clearly has a lot of experience with wedding coordination, including weddings at Casa Romantica, and was calm and on top of things during our wedding day. She kept the reception running smoothly, and kept things on time with gentle guidance. From sewing on groomsmen's buttons to bustling gowns to setting up decor, she was present when needed, calm, professional, and great to work with. She was also available and responsive by email leading up to the wedding day, able to answer questions and provide recommendations as needed.

Sent on 05/14/2018