61 Reviews for Cakes to Remember

Setup (4)
Gluten Free (3)
Lactose Free (1)
60 Cakes to Remember Reviews

I planned an out of town wedding and Ellen was such a joy to work with over the phone. She designed the PERFECT cake!!! I sent her a few photos and my stationary and was so so impressed by how she made the design of the cake fit into my wedding perfectly and it was gorgeous. She also was so accommodating with helping us with our out of town tasting. She also made a gluten free topper and anniversary cake for me!!! The cake was delicious!!!!

Photo for Cakes to Remember Review - Mark Davidson Photography
Profile Picture jen, 1/27/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Gluten Free, Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We needed a cake with both a gluten free layer. Ellen was able to do our top tier gluten free and keep the layer completely separate from the rest of the cake to avoid cross-contamination. Both the GF red velvet and regular red velvet (both with cream cheese frosting) received rave reviews from our guests. Best gluten free cake I have had! Oh and the cake was gorgeous to boot - we used one of her simply CTR designs and had our florist add a few flowers as well.

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Talk about easy! Working with Ellen was a breeze, and the cake exceeded our expectations (highly recommend the strawberry chiffon flavor!). Thanks so much!

Profile Picture Natazia, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery

Ellen is a true professional and a master baker!! It was an absolute pleasure to work with her! She accommodated our schedule (I was helping my daughter plan her wedding from the DC area) in meeting her at her shop and executed our vision flawlessly! Her cakes are not just visually beautiful but truly delicious (equally important to us). We chose the Lemon Satin, which was fresh, bright, and moist. So many people complimented us on the cake! We made sure the cake was large enough to allow for an anniversary tier to be savored next year! We let Ellen know she would be our choice for all family celebration cakes in the future. We most highly recommend Ellen and Cakes to Remember!!

Profile Picture User3786145, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Ellen and the Cakes to Remember team were fantastic! Multiple guests, including friends and family who are professional caterers, said our cake was among the best they'd ever had. We chose a Simply CTR Tiered Cake which was very affordable but still beautiful and, of course, delicious. Ellen was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end. In fact, with less than a week until the wedding, I realized that I had given her the wrong design number and asked to switch, and she took it in stride. We were absolutely thrilled with the cake and cannot recommend CTR highly enough.

Profile Picture Michelle, 8/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

AMAZING cake! It tasted great, it looked even better! Ellen was able to use a design that I found on Pinterest and replicate it perfectly. She even added a few GF cupcakes for my GF guests!

Profile Picture User7497611, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Gluten Free

This was one vendor my now husband was exited about going to try. We had been to a few other tastings and never had a "wow this cake is delicious" moment, and we were beginning to think that maybe that is just how it is with wedding cake. That changed when we found CTR, the cake flavors were delicious! We did 2, the chocolate caramel fudge and the strawberry chiffon and both were incredible. The cake looked as good as it tasted too! We got some large sugar flowers that were beautiful. I highly recommend CTR!

Profile Picture Taryn, 8/7/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

We had a terrific experience working with Ellen and the Cakes to Remember team! Everything was extremely easy on our end, which was such a treat among all the other wedding planning activities and decisions. We had a lot of fun tasting four delicious samples (we got to bring them home which was nice to be able to enjoy them at our leisure), and the classic wedding white we chose for the day of was unbelievable. Several of our guests commented that it was the best wedding cake they've ever had, and one guest even told us she was stealing leftovers off other tables! Cakes to Remember was a fantastic vendor, and we highly recommend their services!

Profile Picture Molly, 4/30/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup

Amazingly delicious cake, and Ellen is lovely to work with! My husband and I had done many cake tastings before visiting Ellen at Cake's to Remember, and after just 1 bite of her strawberry orange blossom cake, we knew we had found our wedding cake. Absolutely delicious flavors, beautifully designed cake, and we were able to get a gluten free cake in addition to the main tiered cake which was very helpful. I really appreciated that I was able to serve the same flavors to all of our guests, and both types of cake were equally delicious! Ellen and her team were very professional, helpful, friendly, and a pleasure to work with. I can't wait for my next birthday so I can get some more of her cake!

Profile Picture Katie, 4/23/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Gluten Free, Lactose Free

We were referred to Ellen and Cakes to Remember by our venue's catering manager, and we're so glad we were. Ellen was easy to work with, and one of her "CTR" designs was a perfect fit for the look of our wedding. She was able to steer us in the right direction in terms of cake size, and she and the catering manager coordinated on delivery so we didn't have to worry about a thing.

Only less-positive thing I have to say (negative seems too strong a word), is that Ellen charges for every little tweak or extra. (We wanted to boost the orange flavor in one of her standard cakes, which was an extra .15 or .25 per slice, which adds up over 115 slices!) Also, our wedding cake wasn't quite as tender as the sample slice that we tried, but it was still better than average wedding cake for sure!

Overall a good experience--would recommend.

Profile Picture User5397370, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious and beautiful! My husband cannot eat gluten so we searched for a bakery that could provide a gluten-free option for the two of us and "regular" cake for the rest of our guests. Ellen does not just offer gluten-free cake - she takes pride in making GF cake that is just as good as "regular" cake! My husband was thrilled that he would be able to fully enjoy our wedding cake. (We did the the top tier GF and the remaining tiers as "regular" cake.) Ellen was an absolute pleasure to work with. For example, when I asked whether she thought a particular cake topper would work, she took the time to sketch out how it would look on the cake design I had chosen.

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Ellen was amazing from the very beginning. She totally got our style and made a cake that screamed "us" - it was a gorgeous classic 4-tier cake decorated with sugar orchids of various shades of purple. But aside from the looks, it was also extremely delicious! We opted for 2 flavors - strawberry/orange and blueberry/lemon. They were to die for! We can't wait to have it again for our first anniversary. Cakes to Remember makes very tasty cakes and provides outstanding service. Their cakes are truly the ones to remember!

Profile Picture Anya, 7/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake from Cakes to Remember was included in my wedding package from the Fairmont Copley Plaza. While I couldn't choose the vendor, I couldn't have been happier. The cake was beautiful, with cascading roses that perfectly matched the cake topper I provided to Ellen a week before the wedding. It was also delicious! We chose a traditional white cake with raspberry, and received many compliments from guests. Ellen was a pleasure to work with. We live abroad so we ate our anniversary tier as a final celebration with my parents a fews after the wedding before we left for our honeymoon, and it was just as good the second time!

Profile Picture Caroline, 6/13/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

AMAZING CAKE!!! Next to the food served at our reception, our guests LOVED the cake. It was absolutely divine with the flavors very well balanced and the frosting was perfect. The team at Cakes to Remember did an amazing job. Our top layer didn't survive our first year of marriage, as we consumed it the day after the wedding. It was that good.

Our tasting was also fun and delicious.

Profile Picture Candice, 4/19/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cakes to Remember provided us with a beautiful cake design (based on our description and a sample photo from the internet), not to mention a delicious cake (great selection of flavors)! We received many compliments about how wonderful the wedding cake was. Thank you!

Profile Picture User4652738, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

She listened to our preference and delivers with great design of the cake. The taste of the cake was all delicious. Really happy with the wedding cake. Everyone loves the cake too.

Profile Picture Bernise, 1/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ellen is the perfect combination of a professional cake artist and a terrific, easy going person to work with. She accomodated our particular color requests for one of her “Simple CTR” cakes, and the result was absolutely beautiful--not to mention DELICIOUS! A number of our guests complimented the cake’s design, and many said it was the best tasting wedding cake they’d ever had. Ellen was very easy to get in touch with throughout the process, and she is incredibly easy to work with. The pricing was on par with other cake designers in the area, and the “Simply CTR” cake designs are an incredibly affordable option without sacrificing interesting design and taste. It is no surprise that Cakes to Remember is often on the Best of Boston vendors lists.

Profile Picture lisa, 11/15/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Wonderful professional organization. Asked for a Norwegian wedding cake and they supplied a beauty. relatives were very impressed. Highly recommended. Easy to communicate with and always in the loop.

Profile Picture e, 10/19/14, 6 Reviews
4.7

Ellen was great to work with on our wedding cake. I showed her a picture of a cake I really loved, and after an in-person meeting and a couple email exchanges, we had the perfect cake planned. When I saw the cake on our wedding day, I couldn’t believe how beautiful it looked. My only complaint was the cake on our wedding day was a bit more dry than I remembered from the tasting. Overall, the cake was gorgeous and was really happy with it.

Profile Picture Jackie, 9/19/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding cake was from cakes to remember. It was part of our package at the Fairmont Copley. We set up a meeting with the bakery and myself, my mom and fiance attended. It was not really communicated to me what this meeting was for, I think it was more a this is what we can do, what are you thinking, introductory meeting and it was really a meeting to decide the details of the cake and to take the cake tasting home from the selections we had made online. At that point I had not really thought about what I wanted for a cake so we were at the meeting longer then intended I think trying to put a cake idea together. I liked what we came up with at the end of the day. The tasting was amazing. I usually don't love wedding cake as its over done and too sugar but our choices were amazing and everyone at the wedding loved it - can't wait to have the cake topper in a year! My only issue was that I thought the cake was not as whoa as I had hoped and thought we discussed. Given we were getting married at the fairmont I thought the flower accents etc would be bigger and more voluptuous but I felt it looked a little plain and for a barn wedding. I highly recommend knowing what you want and being as specific as possible.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/31/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ellen was great to work with and very flexible, communicative and responsive. Most importantly, her cake was delicious! We're so happy we worked with Ellen, she did not disappoint!

Profile Picture Rupal, 8/2/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ellen was wonderful to work with! She brainstormed with me over the course of two meetings to design my cake, and the finished product was absolutely stunning (not to mention delicious!!). I can't recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture User4131342, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We ordered the lemon chiffon cake and it was delicious. The owner was very responsive and worked with our last-minute request! I was very happy with this choice.

Profile Picture Alissa, 5/3/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We had cakes to remember do our cake for our special day and the decorations on the cake were beautiful. Unfortunately, we were not very happy with the cake. It was dry and the filling was super sweet. I even tried a second piece the day after and it was definitely not my favorite. I would recommend this place if you want to have a beautiful made cake, but I can't say the same about the cake quality.

Profile Picture maritza, 4/27/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ellen is easy to work with and very professional. You may have to call a couple of times to get her on the phone, but it's worth it. The cake was delicious (we received several compliments--people ate it for breakfast the next morning), and looked even better! Also, we had a 225 person wedding and she was totally helpful in providing the appropriate size for the cake knowing that we were serving other desserts.

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/26/13, 5 Reviews