Cakes by Karol Key West Reviews

233 | Key West, FL

233 Reviews for Cakes by Karol Key West

• Melanie

Melanie L. · Getting married on 10/30/2021

Perfect cake for an intimate wedding

For our guests peace of mind we postponed our guest-attended wedding to the end of the year and decided that just the two of us would get married in Key West. Cakes by Karol made us the perfect wedding cake and we personalized with our own toppers. They kindly delivered the cake to our hotel and ensured the staff stored it properly for us. The detail on the cake was extraordinary and the cake was flavorful, moist and delicious. Although it was just us, the cake really made it a very special day!

Sent on 04/24/2021
  • June

June F. · Married on 06/26/2021

Just what we ordered

We found the company online after another cake company in Key West was disappointing in handling my daughter’s wedding. We are not from the area, We did tasting through mailing and very happy with cakes.
    We had a cake for rehearsal dinner too.

Sent on 07/05/2021

Caitlin C. · Married on 05/08/2021

I love you, I know... and other conversations I've had with our cake.

The vendor who received the most compliments at our wedding was a tie between the DJ (who you could only enjoy if you were there) and our cake baker/designer extraordinaire! My now-husband wanted to cut costs by not getting a cake. Specifically he told me, "no one ever remembers a cake." The cake was a non-negotiable for me. I live for good food, especially desserts. So, in my search of a cake design to spite my future husband, I located some inspiration on the internet and reached out to Cakes by Karol. And they clearly made it happen! My husband loves Star Wars (the Lego Death Star is our dining room centerpiece) and he absolutely adored, and will always remember, this cake. We were doubly-excited when it tasted as good as it looked! Thanks Cakes by Karol! You guys are the BEST!

Sent on 05/19/2021

Cakes by Karol Key West's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlin for choosing us to make your special cake, I'm glad your cake will be remembered for years to come, we love making non traditional cakes.

Jessica W. · Married on 12/05/2020

Exactly what we had in mind!

Contracting Cakes by Karol was the easiest part of planning our wedding. The reviews we read spoke for themselves and we were hooked after receiving our cake and frosting samples. Our wedding cake turned out exactly how we imagined and we were thrilled to have such a variety of flavors with each tier. We can't wait to have our top cake (Key Lime) for our one year anniversary!

Sent on 12/24/2020

Cakes by Karol Key West's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing Cakes by Karol to make your cake Jessica it was a pleasure to make it.
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 12/03/2020

5 Stars Wedding Cake

We used Cakes by Karol for our wedding cake on 12/3/2020. Cakes by Karol was very easy to work with & professional. Communication was great - quick response to all emails and answered all of my questions. We did a cake tasting prior to ordering our cake and all the cake options we tried were delicious. We went with three different flavors for our wedding cake and our guests loved all three. The design of the cake was exactly as requested. We couldn’t be happier with how the cake turned out - it was beautiful & perfect for us. We highly recommended Cakes by Karol!

Sent on 12/12/2020

Cakes by Karol Key West's reply:

Thank you so much for choosing us to make your wedding cake Natalie, we’re glad you enjoyed it it, it was our pleasure to be part of the first sweet moment as husband and wife.
  • Jill

Jill C. · Married on 10/17/2020

The Best cake you could wish for.

Cakes by Karol made the cake for my daughter's wedding. It was the most beautiful and delicious cake I had ever had. Karol replys to every request immediately, and has a huge array of beautiful cakes. She decorates like an artist, and can very quickly interpret exactly what you want. She does almost any flavor you want, and everything tastes heavenly. The whole cake was eaten before the end of the night, and we had a lovely dessert table, but everyone wanted the cake. You will get the best cake you've ever eaten with Karol.

Sent on 10/19/2020

Craig H. · Married on 08/04/2020

Custom Cake was Perfect!

The cake was amazing, and Karol was very responsive to our needs and wants. She made multiple sketches as we had a very difficult custom cake. I have seen multiple cakes she has made for other events, and they were all amazing to look at and great to eat. Thank you for making our day perfect!!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley W. · Married on 06/26/2020

Just what I was looking for!

This business is professional, reliable and did an absolutely amazing job on creating the cake I had envisioned. Oh, and did I mention the cake tasted awesome too! Like everyone wanted seconds, that never happens with wedding cake! Bravo to Cakes by Karol Key West!

Sent on 07/16/2020
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 02/12/2020

Precisely what we ordered and delicious wedding cake.

Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect. Was a key lime raspberry cake just enough for four people. The cake was delivered exactly as specified and the communication with cakesbykarol was excellent. Would definitely recommend this vendor !!!

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • Jeanie

Jeanie · Married on 02/02/2020

Delicious cakes!!

We booked from NJ, and ordered a cake sampling box to be mailed to us. It only took trying the first sample to know that Cakes by Karol was going to be our choice. There actually wasn’t anything we didn’t like! We ended up getting a cupcake tower with a small cake on top. The cupcakes were mixed in with tiny key lime pies and chocolate covered strawberries. Everything was amazing, and I am very picky about my cakes. She was able to take the information we gave her about our wedding, has us drop off our cake topper a couple days ahead of time, and made it into something wonderful. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 05/02/2020
  • Tanya

Tanya · Married on 11/11/2019

Delicious cakes and great designs

Picking out a wedding cake from afar is difficult to do. However, Cakes by Karol made it so much easier. They have so many designs and flavors and they will work with you to create whatever your vision is. They were also very reasonably priced. They offer cake tastings that can be sent to you. The final product was not only exactly what I wanted, it was so good! Everyone loved the cake and it was all gone by the end of the night!

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Anthony

Anthony · Married on 11/03/2019

Delicious and Beautiful

Our cake was amazing, we could not stop eating it. The cake was delicious and light. We and our guests loved every bite. 🙂

Sent on 11/10/2019

Jennifer C. · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful & Delicious!

We got our wedding cake from Cakes by Karol and it was not only beautiful, but delicious! The guests were raving about how good it was. They made the whole experience effortless and we would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Donna B. · Married on 05/18/2019

Wedding Cake with Amazing Design and Exceptional Taste

I had been looking for someone to do a wedding cake for my beat friends daughter wedding. Since this was a destination wedding it’s hard to select the right vendors for each job. When I looked at the reviews and Cakes by Karol’s website I was confident I had found the right person. The cake was beautiful and I received so many compliments on how exceptional the Key lime cake with lemon filling and vanilla icing! It was By far the best wedding cake I have ever had. Hiring Karol for your wedding or next occasion by far will
    Be one of the best choices you will make. Thank you Karol for everything! It was just amazing! Yum Yum Yum!!!!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Mercy

Mercy B. · Married on 05/18/2019

Wonderful from beginning to end!

This was a destination wedding for us so picking vendors was not super easy. We reached out to about 5 or 6 cake vendors receiving immediate responses from just a few. Karol was the MOST responsive and a delight to work with. We were able to make a quick trip before the wedding for a tasting and the presentation and options were wonderful. She was able to work with our budget still providing the look we wanted and our cake turned out exactly how we had visioned it. They tasted as good as it look too which isn't always the case! We plan on getting a mini cake from her when we go back for our anniversary.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Nicole R. · Married on 05/11/2019

Untraditional wedding cake

My husband and I are not fans of cake but still wanted that cake cutting experience so Cakes by Karol created a rice krispie treat cake for us. It turned out absolutely amazing and we couldn’t be happier with the look or flavor.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Valerie · Married on 05/10/2019

Wedding Cake

Cakes by Karol Key West did my wedding cake! Loved it! Thank you!

Sent on 05/17/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 05/04/2019

Perfection!

Karol was super responsive and accommodating to us while we were in town over the holidays for our cake tasting. All the flavors are amazing- it was hard to choose. But we ultimately decided on a chocolate and peanut butter layer and a red velvet and cream cheese layer. Truly delicious- and not to mention that the cake was STUNNING! We received multiple compliments from guests about how tasty the wedding cake was. Highly recommend Cakes by Karol!!

Sent on 05/17/2019
  • Betsy

Betsy · Married on 03/03/2019

Karol made it easy and delicious

Cakes by Karol was a delight to work with for our 3/3/19 wedding at Fort Zachary Taylor. We picked out one of her many designs, and it was a key lime cake with raspberry filling and white fondant icing, and it was delicious. She was well priced, and the cake was beautiful. If you're getting married in Key West, we strongly recommend Cakes by Karol.

Sent on 03/07/2019

Elyssa K. · Married on 12/22/2018

Amazing and delicious!

My cake was absolute gorgeous. Since I ordered a small cake for 2 I wasn't sure if they would be able to capture our love and they did! A beach scene with adirondack chairs, flip flops, shells and a heart. We couldn't be happier with the cake and the service we received. I would definitely recommend Cakes by Karol!!!!

Sent on 12/27/2018

Brittany S. · Married on 12/15/2018

Beautiful and Tasty Cake

Professional and knowledgeable, very beautiful cake, and was delicious.

Sent on 12/27/2018
  • April

April M. · Married on 11/24/2018

Beautiful Key West nautical cake

Vendor made a beautiful cake based on photos we sent. Great customer service . It tasted amazing and everyone loved it !

Sent on 12/06/2018

Rachel H. · Married on 11/16/2018

Good enough to eat - and we ate it all

Our wedding cake was so delicious, some of guests went back for seconds! My husband and I didn't save the top tier for our 1-year anniversary, but now I'm wishing we had. It was beautiful, tasty, and Karol was a pleasure to work with. Would definitely recommend them again!

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 11/02/2018

Beautiful and Delicious

Simply put, our wedding cake turned out beautiful and tasted delicious. :)

Sent on 12/03/2018

Dorothy · Married on 10/13/2018

The wedding cake was beautiful and delicious. They were absolutely the best in being responsive to any inquiry.

We loved that we were able to go to the web site and look at some many possible options, but they could also customize if we wished. The customer service was outstanding as they responded immediately to any inquiry. I could not say that of other wedding bakers we considered. The cake was beautiful and delicious. We were extremely satisfied and would highly recommend Cakes by Karol to anyone considering them.

Sent on 10/16/2018