Cake Bloom Reviews

23 Reviews for Cake Bloom

Cake Bloom 1
Cake Bloom 2

Melissa · Married on 09/01/2018

Susan at Cake Bloom is hands down the most phenomenal cake baker we have ever met! She made us feel so at home in her Sonoma studio for the tasting and brought our cake vision dream to life, even better than we imagined! She is kind, punctual, and professional. Honeybook is very easy to use for contracts & payments. She took on the challenge of our five tier four feet tall buttercream cake. While hard to imagine, the cake tasted even better than it looked! She uses natural ingredients and brings together flavors that make your mouth water. Everyone raved about our cake! The look and taste! Cannot recommend her enough!!!! Susan, you are a talented chef that is willing to go out of her comfort zone and create a masterpiece beyond expectations. Hands down to the best Baker in the whole Napa region. We did extensive research, multiple tastings before we met and yet you won our hearts with a special piece of art. Can't thank you enough for all the hard work you put in!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Andrew · Married on 10/21/2017

Susan makes the best cakes, honestly. My wife and I went for a tasting, brought a few friends, and we all left with huge smiles on our faces. Susan uses many organic ingredients and has a strong sense of flavor combinations. There were a lot of options and we were happy to be able to choose different flavors for each tier. We ended up getting a lovely 3-tiered naked cake for our wedding and will be making some arrangements come anniversary time.

Sent on 12/20/2017
    Cake Bloom 3
    Cake Bloom 4

Vanessa · Married on 09/03/2017

Gorgeous cake, great flavor, exactly what we were looking for inside and out! Susan was so sweet and wonderful to work with!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Rebecca · Married on 08/10/2016

Best cake we have ever eaten, no lie!!! That was the overwhelming verdict from our entire wedding party, people could not stop raving about the cake, especially the carrot cake. We ordered two small cakes for our tiny wedding - one carrot and one chocolate. Susan was a breeze to work with and communicated effectively over email. We were planning our wedding from Nashville so we couldn't taste the cake, but we absolutely made the right decision choosing Cake Bloom. Susan was flexible and friendly and brought our two small cakes all the way to San Francisco for our wedding. They looked beautiful but tasted even better! You can really tell the effort and love that was put into each cake, and the all-natural, local, and organic ingredients stood out above your typical fondant-covered, dry wedding cake. The chocolate cake was very rich and decadent and we spent the next few mornings having a slice of leftover wedding cake with a cup of coffee, such a treat! The carrot cake was easily everyone's favorite, some wedding guests who claimed to "not like carrot cake" couldn't stop eating it! I highly recommend Susan and Cake Bloom for anyone looking for a natural, romantic, and delicious wedding cake experience!

Sent on 08/22/2016
  • User6619249 · 2+ years ago

Susan is the best! We got 3 different cake flavors. We had about 1/10 of the cake left and we took it home and inhaled the whole thing in a day and wished that we had more. We're really looking forward to our 1 year anniversary cake because we know it will taste AMAZING. I only wish I had to order cakes on a regular basis, because Susan would definitely be my go to person.

• W

Whitney · Married on 04/08/2016

I was a destination bride planning a San Francisco wedding from the east coast & the most stressful aspect of our April 8th wedding was interacting with vendors solely online since we were unable to meet prior to our wedding week. I depended a lot on other bride's reviews and a lot on my "gut instinct". As soon as I saw Cake Bloom, I was immediately impressed by the style of her cakes and the quality of ingredients used. I reached out via email and immediately had a response back that she had availability and would love to set up a call to talk about the ideas I had. From the first moment we started talking on the phone, I knew we had found our wedding cake baker. Susan at Cake Bloom was kind, patient, knowledgeable, and took the time to help cultivate unique flavor combinations for our 3 single-tiered cakes. Susan has a passion for creating beautiful cakes & even though I was unable to sample prior to our big day, I knew that they were going to be great. We decided on two 6-inch rounds (First was: Almond Cornmeal, Apricot Preserves, Amaretto Buttercream Second was: Chocolate Stout, Salted Caramel, Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting, Vanilla Buttercream) and one 4-inch round (Rainbow Carrot, Salted Caramel Buttercream) which was the perfect amount for our 26 person wedding. I'm sure a lot of bakers are well seasoned in there flavoring profiles but here is where Cake Bloom steps away from the crowd: the personalized touches and attention to detail. Never once did I feel like I was "just a number" or that I was a bother. With any question or email I sent, Susan & Cake Bloom were quick to respond and happy to help! A great example: she sourced a special beer made by the company my husband works for to use in the Chocolate Stout Cake! It was such a great detail to tell our guests this and it made it that more special! My only regret is not ordering a bigger Rainbow Carrot Cake - SO good! Thank you Cake Bloom - You made this granddaughter of a baker one happy bride!

Sent on 04/19/2016

Susan's is not only extremely responsive and a pleasure to work with but her cakes are extremely delicious and absolutely stunning. All of our guest kept complementing the cake saying it was the best wedding cake they've ever had! I credit this to Susan's talent and the amazing ingredients she uses to create her cakes.

Jamie · Married on 03/19/2016

The cake was ordered for my daughters bridal shower... Susan was wonderful and made an amazing cake so beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 04/26/2016

Kathryn · Married on 03/18/2016

Cake Bloom did a wonderful job with our wedding cake. I knew we wanted something rustic, so we went with a 2-tier naked cake. Susan was quick to respond to all our emails, and even provided great advice on how to make the cake look more visually appealing. My husband and I had different flavor preferences -- he wanted the classic white, while I opted for the carrot cake. Both flavors turned out delicious and were not overly sweet, which was another plus.

I requested some floral decor to be included on the cake. I had a hard time finding pictures of the exact arrangements, so I sent over a link or two from pinterest. The day of the delivery, I couldn't be more excited to see Susan had nailed it! The arrangements were gorgeous and complimented the cake really well. Overall I'm very happy with how our cake turned out and will definitely recommend her to future brides.

Sent on 04/24/2016

Danielle · Married on 10/23/2015

We were so happy with our small wedding cake for our elopement! It was absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing! Susan is very talented and we can't recommend her enough. A pleasure to work with. We will definelty be contacting her again to make us an anniversary cake!

Jaime · Married on 10/17/2015

My husband and I had a pretty specific vision for our wedding cake when we met with Susan, and she understood it instantly. (We wanted a rustic/romantic tall naked layer cake with fresh fruit and at least a layer or two of olive oil cake.) We tasted - delish! - and sketched together - all three of us. And in the end we ended up with a dream cake that looked stunning - and totally unique - and tasted great on our big day. Susan was responsive, professional, and accommodating on all fronts; in fact, the cake was one of the few things that did not go wrong on our wedding day (though everything ended up fabulous and we have beautiful memories). There were a lot of moving parts to keep in order on our wedding day, and the cake was one thing we didn't have to worry about and just ENJOY!

Amanda · Married on 09/27/2015

Susan was wonderful to work with! She helped me determine how large of a cake I needed and offered suggestions on which fillings might be best with the type of cake we wanted for the season we were getting married in. I love that she uses natural, organic ingredients. She has cake stands you can rent for a small additional fee if you need one. We ended up ordering a coconut cake with mixed berry filling, and the coconut frosting was to die for! Everything about Cake Bloom was as easy and stress-free as could be. I cannot recommend Cake Bloom enough!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Amazing attention to detail, customization and creativity. Delicious and beautiful cake.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Cake Bloom, and Susan specifically, did an absolutely amazing job for our wedding cakes! The creations that she put together for our event blew every one of our guests away. She is truly an artist. We knew immediately at the tasting that Susan was the correct choice. It was difficult to choose from the many choices we were presented with as they were all rich and tasty, but we chose 'Simple White' (with Blueberries), 'Rainbow Carrot', and of course, 'Classic Chocolate'.

Susan was warm and wonderful to work with and was willing to work with any dietary restrictions that our guests had. She was very responsive with us and coordinated directly with the reception location and the florist. When we arrived, the layout was spectacular. Beautiful flowers were laid atop the expertly sculpted cakes. We selected one naked cake, which looked awesome and complimented the other two cakes with the sculpted frosting. Cake Bloom provided a cutting guide for the reception staff, who were able to serve all of our guests a slice of each cake. Everything was spectacular! Thank you Susan for creating such an amazing experience with us.
    Doyle and Corey

Sent on 06/07/2015

It was a joy to work with Susan and Cake Bloom. I wanted a truly unique cake for my wedding and Cake Bloom has the most exquisite, original designs around. She had great ideas of her own to help me refine my vision and was extremely responsive to our needs and criteria. The cake could not have been more special and added so much to the beauty and tone of our wedding. And it was absolutely delicious! Many vendors are not that responsive, and Cake Bloom was a joy to work with. Would definitely, definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Natalie · Married on 09/27/2014

Susan was amazing and her cakes were even better! Her responsiveness, dedication to detail and overall talent is hard to beat and I would highly recommend her to any bride that is looking for a delicious and beautiful wedding cake. Susan knew what I wanted only after a quick meeting and pulled together a bride and grooms cake that ended up being the crowd highlight of the evening. Thank you Susan for making the most beautiful cakes ever for my special day!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Patty · Married on 09/27/2014

We absolutely loved the Wedding Cake and Groomsman Cakes that Cake Bloom did for my daughter’s wedding. They were absolutely AMAZING! Susan was so easy to work with and artistic. She created cakes that captured everyone’s attention. Not only were cakes beautiful and elegant, they were decadent and scrumptious. The carrot cake was “out of this world”! I highly recommend Cake Bloom for any special occasion.

Sent on 12/01/2014
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/14/2014

We absolutely loved our wedding cake from Cake Bloom! Planning a wedding was very overwhelming for us, and we didn't know where to start with finding a wedding cake vendor. I loved the style of wedding cakes on the cake bloom website and the fact that they use natural and seasonal ingredients. Susan was quick to respond and willing to work with us on the vision we wanted for our cake and she was also willing to work with us on the budget we wanted to stay within. Susan accommodated us on exactly what we wanted and we ended up with a beautiful and delicious cake on our wedding day!

Sent on 11/30/2014

julianne · Married on 05/10/2014

Susan was extremely professional and very accomdating. The cake was the best cake I have ever tasted. All of my guests were raving about it.

Sent on 05/01/2016

Sara · Married on 07/12/2008

Susan put in a lot of work before the event to ensure that we would love the end result. We did! Our wedding cake was not only among the most delicious cakes I've ever had, it was gorgeous. And guests still rave about the groom's cake (Guiness cupcakes).

Sent on 11/18/2014

Tina · Married on 10/03/2015

We loved working with Cake Bloom for our wedding cake. She uses all fresh ingredients and no fondant, which was key for us because the cake tasted just as good as it looked! She was also very accommodating in creating a flavor profile just for us, which used a special Madeira my husband provided and fresh figs (which are my favorite!). I would definitely recommend using Cake Bloom!

Sent on 04/19/2016

CakeBloom was amazing for our wedding. We had the citrus cake which was perfect. It was not too sweet, which is exactly what we needed. The citrus filling had a nice balance of sweet and tart. We just love meyer lemon. In addition to our cake, we specially ordered Dutch Apple Pie as our Groom's "Pie" the guests LOVED them. I definitely recommend CakeBloom. We couldn't resist and ate our complimentary cake that we were supposed to save for our one year anniversary. Oh well, those traditions are silly and our stomachs enjoyed it more!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Alyssa · Married on 04/11/2015

I contacted Susan based on the rave reviews she had on Yelp and it was easy to see why everyone loves her. Not only are her cakes beautiful, they're delicious. And she was so easy to work with. After our in-person meeting, I had no doubt that our cake would turn out amazing and it was one thing I did not need to stress about. She listened to our direction perfectly and when I saw our cake on our wedding day, I simply fell in love. It was almost too perfect to eat.

Sent on 05/26/2015