Buttercream Bakeshop Reviews

87 Reviews for Buttercream Bakeshop

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth M. · Getting married on 10/11/2021

Cream puff perfection!

These cream puffs were THE HIT for our small backyard wedding reception! We had a cake (not provided by Buttercream), but, it was overshadowed by these delicious puffs. Everyone asked where we got them, and kept going back to get more or try to choose one with a different flavor (we had mocha and vanilla, and the icy had gold flecks. A lovely upscale touch!). These are unlike anything I've had from anywhere else - just absolute perfection. Having something fancy and unexpected like this really made our unconventional wedding feel a little more special. I even had a friend sneak several into my car so I would be sure to have a few as we drove away (because you can be sure that there were no leftovers!) Thank you Buttercream!

Sent on 01/22/2021
  • Kelsea

Kelsea · Married on 03/04/2021

Great Cake in DC

We had a two tier cake for our wedding with two unique flavor combinations. We loved our tasting at the shop with Tiffany and the cake was beautiful. Exactly what we wanted from a bakery on our wedding - delicious, beautiful and a vendor that was easy to work with!

Sent on 05/15/2019
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 05/30/2020

Guest ate almost every slice

The cake was not only generous, but delicious. My fiancé and I each selected our signature flavor and both of us had guests come up and compliment the cake. They said it was so moist and one of the best wedding cakes they had ever eaten. We choose the lemon/berry flavor and the s’mores.

Sent on 08/03/2020
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 02/29/2020

Beautiful and Delicious Cake

Buttercream Bakeshop did a phenomenal job with our cake! From the beginning, they make sure to understand what you want so they can effectively capture your design and provide you with a final product that you will love. Our cake turned out beautifully, and I know based on all of the designs I looked at that whether you choose fondant or buttercream or classic elegant to fun and colorful, they will do an amazing job. And even more important, the cake was so tasty. We received a ton of compliments on the cake and we also loved each flavor. It was so difficult to choose because everything we tasted was excellent. I highly recommend going to Buttercream for any cake or pastry needs!

Sent on 03/03/2020

Allison · Married on 11/10/2019

Amazing gluten free cake

Our cake was one of the most important decisions for the wedding. As a home baker I knew I wanted the cake to not only be stunning but also taste delicious, OH and be gluten free. Buttercream delivered, the cake was stunning and we received lots of compliments on it. It also tasted fantastic. The flavor options are also unique and flavors I did not see at other bakeries.

Sent on 01/07/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel C. · Married on 10/25/2019

Perfectly Personalized Cake

Tiffany and the team at Buttercream did an incredible job on our cake. They work exclusively with our venue (The Line), so we were fortunate to be able to have them do our cake. We were able to customize the flavors and they worked with us to blend our slightly differing ideas of design. They also helped us add our own touches to the cake, including the creation of a gum-paste version of our kitty!

Sent on 11/22/2019

Shannon M. · Married on 10/12/2019

Amazing and Delicious Cake!

We loved our Buttercream Bakeshop cake! They have so many different flavors to choose from and styles! They definitely nailed our vision and the cake tasted so perfect. We had so many guests come up to us and tell us how delicious the cake was!

Sent on 11/01/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney F. · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing and Delicious!

Buttercream Bakeshop did our wedding cake and our various cookies and desserts. The guests raved and I ate far too many of the treats, so I highly recommend!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda A. · Married on 10/05/2019

Delicious cake

My review can be summed up in the words of my guests --- "This is the BEST cake I've ever eaten!"
    ...Buttercream helpfully stepped in to make a surprise groom's cake for me when my wedding venue's pastry chef couldn't. A custom sheet cake featuring my now husband's black and yellow Mustang! The ordering and pick up process was seamless, the pricing fair and honest, and the cake, well, absolutely delicious, even at the end of a full day eating tons of wedding food! Will be using Buttercream for many events to come.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/28/2019

Super Wonderful & Delicious Experience!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

We truly had the most wonderful experience with this bakery - from the proposal process, to the tasting, to the magnificent work of art on my wedding day! Tiffany and everyone on the team was super professional, responsive, kind, and helpful. I also love that they use the HoneyBook interface for communication - makes payments and keeping records super easy! I was a very indecisive bride and changed my mind on the cake design multiple times, and they were so chill about it and provided me with multiple proposals until the cake fit (note: I had this luxury because I did book them quite far in advance)! The cake I wanted was not in their existing repertoire/catalogue, and they made it happen. They even went above and beyond and were able to make vegan and gluten-free cupcakes so all guests had a dessert to enjoy. We used their gorgeous cake pops as favors (see photos). Thank you SO MUCH Buttercream Bakeshop for making my dream wedding cake come true!!

Sent on 03/27/2020

Paul · Married on 09/14/2019

Great cake and fun tasting

We had both the wedding cake and other deserts provided by Buttercream, and it was great. The tasting was a lot of fun, and then the cake and other deserts were delicious. They were also able to accommodate one layer of the cake being gluten-free. The cake and deserts looked great as well.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Cristina · Married on 09/07/2019

Great experience with Buttercream!

Buttercream was the exclusive vendor for our venue for wedding cakes. We did that at-home tasting and enjoyed every bite of cake we had. We ended up going with a super traditional cake and they knocked it out of the park! They also coordinated a grooms cake for me super last minute which was much appreciated! Looking forward to ordering cake from them again!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/08/2019

Great Cakes and Desserts

We ultimately did not end up using Buttercream Bakeshop, because our caterer offered to do a cake for free, but let me just say that we did a tasting with them and their cakes were amazing! It's also super convenient if you have a busy schedule because they do tasting pick-ups. You select everything online and then just roll by with your treats. They also surprised us by adding in some of their other desserts -- which were divine! If we hadn't decided to go with our final caterer, I'm sure we would have hired them to do our wedding cake!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Krista

Krista · Married on 06/01/2019

Easy to work with!

Buttercream's wedding cake was included with our catering package at The Line and we're so thankful for it! The team was so easy to work with and tasting everything was so fun. We're thankful that we were able to pick two flavors so that we didn't have to pick just one.

We really appreciated how organized the Buttercream team was with making modifications as we narrowed down our guest count and that they worked with the venue to provide us with a cake stand.

AND! They saved a mini cake for my husband and I to enjoy after the wedding - such a nice surprise!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Natasha

Natasha · Married on 05/26/2019

Delicious and beautiful cake!

Buttercream is pricey so we had to go with a simple naked cake. But it was delicious and a hit at the wedding! Delivery was on time, and they were very easy to work with!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Katie · Married on 11/03/2018

The quality of every single item at Buttercream Bakeshop is amazing, and always consistent. I'm purchased from here multiple times and was happy to do so for my bridal shower as well and they were a hit. If you don't follow them on instagram, you should definitely check them out because they are very creative! Anything you could imagine I am certain they could pull off. Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/22/2018

Courtney · Married on 08/04/2018

We absolutely loved our cake from Buttercream Bakeshop and our guests did too! The food at our wedding was one of the most critical aspects of our day and our cake did not disappoint. The cake was gorgeous and guests raved about the flavor (elderflower soaked lemon cake with blackberry jam and buttercream icing). We are so excited to crack open our anniversary slice next year.

Sent on 08/16/2018

Patricia · Married on 06/30/2018

Tiffany and her team are nothing short of amazing. Not only did they create a beautiful and delicious wedding cake for our daughter's wedding, but the addition of cream puffs and macarons to the dessert table had guests raving. Her creative use of flavors along with Italian buttercream set her cakes apart from the rest. She also worked with my daughter to create a truly unique and meaningful groom's cake that exceeded all expectations! If you are planning a wedding in the D.C. area, I would look no further than Buttercream Bakeshop.

Sent on 09/29/2018

Leah · Married on 06/23/2018

We loved our wedding cake from Buttercream!

Our cake was the only dessert we served at our wedding, so it was especially important that it be delicious. Tiffany and the Buttercream team delivered. Tiffany was responsive from our very first request for a tasting, and her use of the Honeybook platform made everything easy.

We went with a peekaboo cake that had layers of almond cake with blueberry jam and cream cheese buttercream and vanilla cake with lemon curd and strawberry buttercream, and they were perfect for our summer wedding. Not a slice went uneaten, and our guests raved about how delicious everything was. I can't wait to dig into the slices we froze for our anniversary next year!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 06/15/2018

We served an array of cakes—different styles & flavors—from Buttercream Bakeshop, ordering through their selection of pre-designed (non-wedding-specific) cakes. They were all gorgeous and very tasty, according to our own taste buds & the rave reviews of our guests.

The two best parts of Buttercream Bakeshop for me were (1) the bakery's unique flavors, like almond amaretto, elderflower-lemon with blackberry jam, a "cotton candy cake" with dehydrated cotton candy on top ( though they also offer plenty of more traditional cake fare as well) and (2) the fact that they have such cool standard designs that you can view online (along with very specific information about pricing depending on what size & flavor you choose) and also order online weeks in advance, without having to talking specifically to anybody. It made picking out and ordering our array of cake flavors/sizes/styles super easy. We chose to pick up the cakes on the morning of the wedding (thanks to my bridesmaid Bonnie for taking care of that!) but you can also have them delivered. The shop also does customized cakes and wedding specific options, with tastings, if you want to go that route. But we just stopped into the bakery during normal business hours a few times before making our order and bought slices or cupcakes in order to taste what we wanted.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

Our cake was a dream come true! We absolutely loved working with Tiffany and can’t wait to use her bakery for our baby shower!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Laura · Married on 06/03/2018

Buttercream provided the cake and mini desserts at our wedding. Both were delicious! They even made a custom dog figurine that looked so much like our dog.

Although everything was tasty, there were no mini desserts but lots of cake left. I think this is because a lot of people assume wedding cake will be bad but are more hopeful for the mini desserts. So, if I could go back in time I would have done more mini desserts and less cake.

Tiffany was great to work with. I was a huge flake because of other things that came up during the planning process, but she took it in stride.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Ellen · Married on 06/02/2018

Buttercream Bakery made the most fantastic cake for my wedding! I was inspired by a Pinterest image of a cake with an intricate gold foil map that they were able to recreate impeccably. The cake was also the tastiest wedding cake I’ve ever had, bias aside. Many of my wedding guests said the same. The communication with the bakery was always timely and the staff were super friendly. I would recommend Buttercream for any occasion!

Sent on 09/14/2018

Ashley · Married on 12/31/2017

Due to a miscommunication, when I initially came in for a tasting, they did not know I am gluten free. Despite it completely not being her fault, Tiffany felt terrible and sent me home with a box of gluten free goodies and immediately sent an email listing all the things she can make gluten free. She said she never wants anyone to feel excluded from her bakery and I honestly never did! She created a beautiful rice krispie cake base (looked like a regular cake and was later sliced and people could not get enough of it!) with a 20" macaroon tower on top and buckeyes on the side which was exactly what I wanted so guests could grab something sweet and keep dancing. Everything was absolutely delicious, the rice krispie cake base was decorated so simply the beautifully, and I was happy to be able to have treats I could eat at my wedding!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Copeland · Married on 12/09/2017

Buttercream did an amazing job with our wedding cake! They were professional, responsive, and flexible with us throughout the planning process, and the cake turned out beautifully. Most importantly, it was delicious!

Sent on 12/17/2017