Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

9 Reviews for Bustle and Bodice Alterations Studio

Bride (2)
Alterations (2)
Appts. Only (2)
Cleaning (1)
Customization (1)
9 Bustle and Bodice Alterations Studio Reviews

Anna was great with my wedding dress alterations! I was nervous about the process going into it but she was incredible to work with! She is very responsive, professional and talented. She made the alterations in a timely manner and everything fit perfectly after the first round! She also created a bustle that lasted throughout the whole night! I'm thrilled with the results and would suggest her for any bridal alterations!

Profile Picture Maura, 9/15/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Anna did a stellar job tailoring my sample bridal gown. I purchased a sample gown without considering how much work (and money) it would really take to take something down 6 sizes! On top of the sizing, my dress was incredibly ornate and to alter it required removing nearly all of the beading and re-applying it. Anna let me know upfront that it would be a time-intensive job and gave me a quote. She stayed true to her quote even though the job ended up being more work than expected. I also only had three fittings (taking my dress home on the last one), which I thought was impressive. She is a truly sweet woman with an amazing talent. Her studio is private and easy to access. She made me feel amazing on my wedding day and I was so proud to wear my dress. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Molly, 12/17/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Anna is simply fantastic! I got really lucky and didn’t need any alterations, just a bustle put in. She didn’t try to up-sell me any unneeded alterations and she was so calm and patient with me. I had a corset back, so she explained how to lace it up with me, my Mom and Bridesmaids a few times because I wanted to make sure we knew what we were doing. Anna is so passionate about her work, and it shows in how she runs her business and treats her customers. She is professional, friendly and genuinely cares about her clients.

Profile Picture Hilary, 10/29/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only

Anna is a true professional seamstress. She needs less time than most shops or seamstresses to alter a dress and knows what she is doing. She is on the pricier side of alterations, but for peace of mind, I was willing to pay a little extra. Anna has an incredible eye and made my dress fit perfectly. She also added in a dress label for me last minute that I received as a shower gift without an issue and it turned out beautifully. She does charge extra for steaming and pressing as well. Overall, excellent seamstress but prepare to pay for her work.

Profile Picture Laura, 8/19/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Appts. Only, Cleaning, Customization

The alterations were perfect, and my dress looked incredible!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 11/7/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Working with Anna on my wedding dress alterations was incredible. She pays such close attention to detail, and you can tell she is incredibly skilled and really cares about her craft. Definitely not the kind of service you can get in a big wedding shop in my opinion. I met with her three times and my dress needed a lot of alterations. I had purchased a sample gown and the boning was almost popping through. Anna found a creative way to cut the boning so the dress laid flat. I could not believe how incredible and how well it fit when she was all done. It couldn't have been a more wonderful experience! And the price was reasonable given all of the services. A win win!

Profile Picture User4202934, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Anna was fantastic in altering my ornately beaded dress. I was told by other alterations companies that many of the requests I had were too difficult to do and it wasn't possible to keep the beading pattern to bring the dress in as much as it needed to be. Anna was able to make all of the adjustments I needed on a fairly tight schedule, and my dress fit perfectly on my wedding day.

Profile Picture Marjorie, 4/18/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I found Anna on Yelp. She's very friendly, pleasant to work with and has a passion for her work. She modified my neckline from straight to sweetheart. A few important things to know:

- Works out of her home... a really nice alternative to a hectic, noisy store!
- Keeps day time hours (no evenings)
- Prices seem very fair
- Call early (don't wait)...she's had to refer some potential clients to others because of demand (a good problem for Anna to have!)

Profile Picture Michelle, 10/12/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my dress out of state, and was scrambling to try to find someone in Chicago who I could trust with alterations. Anna at Bustle and Bodice fit the bill. She was very professional and is obviously very passionate about her craft. She quoted me a fair price, stuck to the quote, and even made some last minute (I mean really last minute) changes without any complaint.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/11/12, 5 Reviews