Bustle and Bodice Alterations Studio Reviews

Bustle and Bodice Alterations Studio 3
Bustle and Bodice Alterations Studio 4

Megan · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly Recommend!

I had a great experience working with Anna on my wedding dress! My dress, like most things I wear, was very long and I needed it taken in a bit on top. My dress had a lot of layers (or actually, one big piece in different lengths that made it look like layers) which made it difficult to alter. I wanted to take out some of the crinoline layers underneath and she helped me determine how much to take out without losing the shape/style of the dress. She was patient explaining to me any options and convinced me not to wear 4" heels for my ceremony and change into flat tennis shoes later (I ended up buying platform sneakers). She was so professional and gave me all the information I needed for taking care of the dress until the wedding. My dress was beautiful and fit perfectly!

Maura · Married on 09/14/2018

Anna was great with my wedding dress alterations! I was nervous about the process going into it but she was incredible to work with! She is very responsive, professional and talented. She made the alterations in a timely manner and everything fit perfectly after the first round! She also created a bustle that lasted throughout the whole night! I'm thrilled with the results and would suggest her for any bridal alterations!

• Katrina

Katrina Quanstrom · Married on 09/08/2018

Anna is AMAZING! Highly recommend!

Wow! I cannot say enough good things about Anna and her work. She left no detail untouched and made my dress absolutely perfect for my wedding day. My dress had detailed beading that needed to be removed to resize so I was very concerned about finding an amazing tailor, but I felt at ease as soon as I walked into my first fitting.

Anna was so sweet and made me feel very comfortable. She truly was a pleasure to work with.

I received so many compliments on my dress and I know it would not have looked the same if I hadn't gone to Anna to make it the perfect fit.

I would highly recommend! Thank you for everything, Anna!

Bustle and Bodice Alterations Studio 5
    Bustle and Bodice Alterations Studio 6
    Bustle and Bodice Alterations Studio 7
    Bustle and Bodice Alterations Studio 8
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 08/25/2018

Incredible Experience, Anna is the BEST!

Anna is truly amazing and I highly recommend Bustle and Bodice! She is professional, kind, and so extremely talented. My wedding dress was slightly different since I had a body suit and skirt combination. I also had two skirts (one for ceremony and one for reception) which both needed to be hemmed pretty dramatically. I kept the train on one and then hemmed it from the other so that I didn't need to bustle it. She also took in my body suit and it fit perfectly after her alterations! Throughout the entire process, Anna's communication was great and she made everything so seamless. Plus she is so much fun to hang out with! She is funny and sweet and you can tell she is very passionate about her work. She also sells gorgeous veils which I recommend as well! During our ceremony, the wind picked up and my veil was actually floating! So beautiful and delicate. I actually have already returned to Bustle and Bodice to get my dress for my sister's upcoming wedding hemmed. Anna also suggested that I shorted the straps and it made a world of difference! I will continue to come back for any and all alterations or even if I just happen to be in the neighborhood to say hello!

Molly · Married on 12/17/2016

Anna did a stellar job tailoring my sample bridal gown. I purchased a sample gown without considering how much work (and money) it would really take to take something down 6 sizes! On top of the sizing, my dress was incredibly ornate and to alter it required removing nearly all of the beading and re-applying it. Anna let me know upfront that it would be a time-intensive job and gave me a quote. She stayed true to her quote even though the job ended up being more work than expected. I also only had three fittings (taking my dress home on the last one), which I thought was impressive. She is a truly sweet woman with an amazing talent. Her studio is private and easy to access. She made me feel amazing on my wedding day and I was so proud to wear my dress. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

• Hilary F

Hilary · Married on 10/29/2016

Anna is simply fantastic! I got really lucky and didn’t need any alterations, just a bustle put in. She didn’t try to up-sell me any unneeded alterations and she was so calm and patient with me. I had a corset back, so she explained how to lace it up with me, my Mom and Bridesmaids a few times because I wanted to make sure we knew what we were doing. Anna is so passionate about her work, and it shows in how she runs her business and treats her customers. She is professional, friendly and genuinely cares about her clients.

• User4202934 · 2+ years ago

Working with Anna on my wedding dress alterations was incredible. She pays such close attention to detail, and you can tell she is incredibly skilled and really cares about her craft. Definitely not the kind of service you can get in a big wedding shop in my opinion. I met with her three times and my dress needed a lot of alterations. I had purchased a sample gown and the boning was almost popping through. Anna found a creative way to cut the boning so the dress laid flat. I could not believe how incredible and how well it fit when she was all done. It couldn't have been a more wonderful experience! And the price was reasonable given all of the services. A win win!

Marjorie · Married on 04/18/2015

Anna was fantastic in altering my ornately beaded dress. I was told by other alterations companies that many of the requests I had were too difficult to do and it wasn't possible to keep the beading pattern to bring the dress in as much as it needed to be. Anna was able to make all of the adjustments I needed on a fairly tight schedule, and my dress fit perfectly on my wedding day.

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/12/2013

I found Anna on Yelp. She's very friendly, pleasant to work with and has a passion for her work. She modified my neckline from straight to sweetheart. A few important things to know:

- Works out of her home... a really nice alternative to a hectic, noisy store!
    - Keeps day time hours (no evenings)
    - Prices seem very fair
    - Call early (don't wait)...she's had to refer some potential clients to others because of demand (a good problem for Anna to have!)

Stephanie · Married on 08/11/2012

I bought my dress out of state, and was scrambling to try to find someone in Chicago who I could trust with alterations. Anna at Bustle and Bodice fit the bill. She was very professional and is obviously very passionate about her craft. She quoted me a fair price, stuck to the quote, and even made some last minute (I mean really last minute) changes without any complaint.

Laura · Married on 08/19/2016

Anna is a true professional seamstress. She needs less time than most shops or seamstresses to alter a dress and knows what she is doing. She is on the pricier side of alterations, but for peace of mind, I was willing to pay a little extra. Anna has an incredible eye and made my dress fit perfectly. She also added in a dress label for me last minute that I received as a shower gift without an issue and it turned out beautifully. She does charge extra for steaming and pressing as well. Overall, excellent seamstress but prepare to pay for her work.

• Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 11/07/2015

3.0

The alterations were perfect, and my dress looked incredible!