Burroughs Home & Gardens Reviews

Burroughs Home & Gardens 7
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/22/2018

Wonderful venue

The venue is absolutely gorgeous. The photos turned out amazing because the site offers so many different backgrounds. The staff was great and very helpful on the day of the wedding

Sent on 10/25/2018
    Burroughs Home & Gardens 13
    Burroughs Home & Gardens 14
    Burroughs Home & Gardens 15

Burroughs Home & Gardens's reply:

Simply gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your photos. Many Blessings for you and your husband!
    BHG/cse

Janet · Married on 06/03/2017

Thank you Cindy and Burroughs foundation for providing the perfect backdrop for my daughters wedding. The day was gorgeous (even with a bit of rain) and the venue superb! Cindy's professionalism was top notch and very accomendating for we were from out of town.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Burroughs Home & Gardens's reply:

The pleasure was ours......delightful family. We wish you and your lovely daughter many blessings for an enchanted future!

BHG/cse.

Lindsay · Married on 11/26/2016

I cannot say enough how happy we are we selected Burroughs Home & Gardens for our wedding. The gardens are so beautiful, we hardly had to decorate or go crazy with our flowers. The natural state of the venue is décor on it's own. The open air pavilion is such an added bonus. The BH&G went through a couple event coordinators leading up to our wedding (we had booked 1.5 years in advance), but each of the three ladies was responsive, flexible and knowledgeable. The value you get for the price of renting the home is bar-none. I would 100% recommend this venue.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Burroughs Home & Gardens's reply:

THANK YOU LOVELY LINDSAY! We wish you many blessings for a wonderful future!

Melissa · Married on 04/23/2016

The Burroughs home was a great location for a wedding and the weather was beautiful. Magan and Jena helped make our wedding day wonderful. Magen was great at responding to emails and could always meet me in person whenever it was a good time for me. She was very accommodating with all of our decorations. She even let me borrow a box for our bubbles to sit in. She was great at getting all of our wedding party to walk correctly down the aisle. She worked really well with our DJ and officiant to allow our ceremony to run smoothly. Over a year of planning my wedding, Magen was who I spoke with the most. I would highly recommend the Burroughs Home and all of their recommended vendors. They work so well together. Thank you for helping make our wedding special.

Sent on 05/16/2016

Burroughs Home & Gardens's reply:

Thank you and Best Wishes for a beautiful future together!

BH&G
    cse

Laurie · Married on 02/26/2016

Could not have been better. Magen made sure everything was perfect the entire time. Beautiful, classy venue at a great price.

Aaron · Married on 02/11/2016

The Burroughs Home was the one and only location we visited; my fiance and I fell in love with the location immediately and Jena and the rest of the staff sealed the deal! Jena and Magen have been available via text and/or email whenever needed and are always there to help problem solve and answer any questions we might have. The venue itself is absolutely breathtaking and knowing that we have Jena and Magen there to support us on our day made this one of the easiest decisions in the whole wedding planning process!

Christine · Married on 02/06/2016

Yesterday was my wedding and thank goodness we chose the Butroughs home for our outside wedding because the weather turned out to be terrible and we had to make a change in plans and move everything inside last minute. Jena is so amazing and kept me calm all day. She did everything we asked and more and was there from start to finish. She was a huge factor in the success of our wedding and we are so thankful to her!!! Even inside, the location was still beautiful and our wedding was great.

Sent on 02/07/2016

Burroughs Home & Gardens's reply:

Thank you! Your wedding despite the weather was truly beautiful. I was honored I was able to assist in making your wedding dreams come true. Thank you again for choosing the Burroughs Home and Gardens as you wedding venue! Congratulations!!

Cannot say enough about the level of service received from Megan and Jenna! They are awesome! The Burroughs home is absolutely beautiful! The weather on our wedding day made things a little challenging to say the least during the reception but Jenna and Magen really pulled it off! Everyone had a great time! We used most all of their recommended vendors for linens, photography and Jordan Webster catering was incredible! Would do it all over again and not change a thing! (besides weather)

Sarah · Married on 10/04/2015

We booked the Burroughs Home for our wedding immediately after seeing it - we didn't need to see any other venues. The grounds are absolutely beautiful, and the pavilion is a fantastic feature, so you don't have to worry at all about a rain plan! Magen and Jena were so helpful and responsive, no matter how many emails I sent them - and we were really happy with all of the service before and during our wedding! We wouldn't change a thing, everything was very easy with the Burroughs Home and our wedding was BEAUTIFUL! I would recommend to any couple looking for a beautiful outdoor Florida wedding!

Joe · Married on 11/08/2014

We are so pleased with our experience at the Burroughs Home. The grounds are beautiful, the food was spectacular (they even made delicious Indian cuisine for the whole reception as a special request), and Kris and Jessica were very professional, responsible, hard working, and understanding of our event's quirks. We had rain the night of our wedding, but somehow, it ended up being even more special than we had planned. Due to the staff's creative and quick response to the unpredictable weather, the guests felt very taken care of. We switched a few things around and everyone kept a great attitude. Happy to recommend this venue!

Robyn · Married on 04/12/2014

The Burroughs Home is a hidden GEM!! When my husband and I got engaged, we had very little time to look at venues because we found out we would be moving out of state a little more than a month later. My first thought was to look in Sanibel because it has always been an incredibly special place to my family and I. Once I started seeing prices, I knew I couldn't have the kind of event I wanted in our budget in sanibel. That and my future husband's only stipulation was that he didn't want to walk down the aisle through sand. I came across the Burroughs Home on the knot website and then followed up on the wedding wire to see more photos. I contacted them immediately because I would be in Sanibel a few weeks later with my family and knew I could stop by. I initially had trouble getting in contact with them. I didn't hear anything for a few weeks. However, I finally got a response via email and set up a time to stop in with my parents. Once there, we met Healy. She apologized for the communication problems and explained that she was just hired on as their new events coordinator due to the former coordinator not being able to bring in much business. She gave me her cell number and told me I could call or text her anytime. She then showed my parents and I around and I fell in LOVE. It was exactly what I wanted. It had charming appeal. It gave me my ceremony water view on the river without my husband to be having to walk through sand! It had beautiful light lined palm trees where our ceremony would be and old oak trees over hanging the reception area. The 100+ year old porch lined home was perfect for our cocktail hour. I told my parents we didn't need to look anywhere else! I was sold! Healy held my date open until we placed a deposit. We went to planning everything from there. My family, friends and my husband LOVED the Burroughs Home. They have not stopped talking about how beautiful it was! I'm just sad the evening had to end!

Jenny · Married on 11/02/2013

Hailey did an awesome job as our event coordinator. Everything was absolutely stunning!!! I wish I could do it again!!!!

tsshira · Married on 10/20/2012

When I booked at the Burroughs Home and Garden, I just knew my wedding would be beautiful. It wasn't just beautiful, it was GEORGEOUS. Christine was absolutely amazing. She had great advice to give us because we were clueless when it came certain things. She was always available to answer our questions. On the day of the wedding, Christine and her assistants kept everything running smoothly and on track. I really enjoyed Christine and having my wedding at one of the most beautiful wedding venues.

Lynn · Married on 10/13/2012

When we started this wedding planning process we had a few venues in mind. We stopped at The Burroughs Home first and we didnt look any further! After meeting with Christine and her staff and viewing this unbelievably beautiful home we were stunned and fell in love! The detail and care that Christine takes in organizing your wedding and bringing it to life with this beautiful home are unmatched! The home is gorgeous and has the most beautiful, photogenic scenery i have ever seen. We were blown away by every elegant detail this home provides. Christine is a professional, she knows what she is doing and guides you through every little detail with ease. The home is simply breathtaking and we absolutely love being a Burroughs bride and groom. Thank you Christine and staff, you made our dream come true!!

Janet · Married on 05/27/2012

My daughter's wedding was fantastic. Christine at the Burroughs Home was superb. We would highly recommend this venue.

laura · Married on 05/21/2012

we loved having our wedding here, every thing went very smoothly and everything was beautiful, we couldnt have been happier with the outcome of our wedding, it was our dream wedding

Morgan · Married on 03/17/2012

Christine does an awesome job covering all the details of the wedding. I am so glad that I had her and her two interns helping me with the wedding planning. The whole event went smoothly and the venue was beautiful. They did a good job with setting up, making sure the guests went where they were supposed to be, and helped us know what to do. They are very knowledgeable which really helped a bride like me who didn't really know what she was doing. Also, I loved the fact that it is a historic home and that I got to have full reign of the property including the inside of the house. It really made the day special - my favorite part was being announced down the staircase after the ceremony and doing the first dance on the dance porch. I highly recommend The Burroughs Home and Gardens to any bride looking for an outdoor wedding.

Brittany · Married on 11/26/2011

The burroughs home is a beautiful and unique place to get married! From the home itself, to the great scenery, and the water, you get the best of everything! Christine and her staff were so helpful and were there to help in every way, making sure the wedding was perfect. They recommended the best vendors and I can't say that there was anything that went wrong on our wedding day- it was all we could have asked for!

Krista · Married on 11/13/2011

the venue and staff were absolutely wonderful. they were responsive, respectful and extremely flexible with the many things that may come up during a wedding celebration. I have already made the recommendation for future guests to use them as a vendor, and will be looking at having additional events at the house. Thank you Christine et.al. you totally made our wedding perfect

Kerri · Married on 06/15/2011

Immediately upon arrival at Burroughs Home, we knew this venue was "the one". The absolute beauty of the property made it an easy decision. We were a little concerned about the traffic noise, but honestly, it was a non-issue come ceremony time. Both the interior and exterior made for perfect backdrops in our photos.

Christine and her team were fantastic to work with, especially considering we had a destination wedding. With us in Kansas City and Christine in Ft Myers, our phone calls and emails put my mind at ease that the wedding ceremony would be perfect....and that it was! Christine listened to what we wanted, suggested ideas where we weren't sure, and ultimately coordinated everything perfectly. She also worked closely with our photographer, minister, and the guitarist.

Highly, highly recommended!!

Erin · Married on 03/12/2011

I am always recommending the Burroughs Home to people I know who are looking for a wedding venue. It is the most amazing place to get married, and the staff make it the least stressful place to plan a wedding at. If I could get married all over again I would do it at the Burroughs Home and not change one thing.

Kristy · Married on 10/23/2010

From the day I stepped foot on the grounds of The Burroughs Home I've had a small obsession with the place! It's truly magical! The home is stunning, the view from street takes your breath away...strolling up the walkway onto the wrap around porch you feel like to have stepped back in time to a place where those that visited took the time to rock the day away on the white rocking chairs placed on the porch. From the rich wood on the inside, and beautiful staircase it's stunning! If the walls could talk they would be filled with the joy, laughter and stories of the days they helped brides dreams come true with it's pure existence. The grounds are spectacular and the view of the water is so peaceful. This is the most wonderful venue in Florida to enjoy one of the most special days in your life.

The staff was amazing, our day was perfect and it was the wedding location of my dreams. I still get goosebumps when I drive by or stop by for a visit! :-) I've had 3 friends book their wedding at the Burroughs Home that have had the same experience! I can't imagine why you would look any further!

Erica · Married on 10/16/2010

The Burroughs home is gorgeous and has an authentic Florida feel without being at all touristy. We had beautiful weather and the pictures came out wonderfully. Chris and her staff were extremely helpful. We wanted a non-traditional wedding, and Chris heard us out and went out of her way to accomodate us. She's very patient and gives very practical feedback. She was also very responsive to our questions, phone calls and emails, which was not the experience we had with the previous venue we had booked. The biggest thing was that we had several things fall apart on the day of the wedding, and Chris and her staff totally saved the day. I wish I had listened to Chris more from the start- she really is an expert on weddings!

Janine · Married on 05/17/2010

From beginning to end the services provided at the Burroughs were amazing! The Event Manager, Christine, and her staff were so helpful in every way. The home and property is beautiful, and I would recommend the venue to everyone! All my guests enjoyed the venue, food, music, and overall atmosphere. This is a day I will always cherish thanks to the Burroughs Home!