Burlap & Bordeaux Reviews

Burlap & Bordeaux 7
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 03/10/2019

Wedding Dreams Do Come True

To sum it up, Brooke exceeded our wildest imagination with her ingenuity, resourcefulness, and downright awesome personality. My now husband and I do not normally write reviews nor do we want to bore you with the details, but hiring Brooke was the best choice of our whole wedding planning process. Our florals were the talk of our wedding evening and several guests commented on how great Brooke was specifically.

We are the kind of people who know exactly what kind of aesthetics we like and we threw Brooke several wedding planning curve balls, such as requesting a 8 ft tall floral arch and delivering a full truck-load of personalized signs/wedding flare for her to set up day-of. She delivered with ease on all fronts and we felt that we could trust her with any responsibility. She is a perfect blend of support, but also practicality. Trust me, you will be ready to practically adopt Brooke into your own family after planning your wedding with Burlap & Bordeaux. We sure are. :) Our big day was perfect, stress free, and the best day of our lives! Thank you again, Brooke!

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Burlap & Bordeaux 8
  • Staci

Staci · Married on 10/20/2018

An instant partner for your biggest day!

Writing a review for two services: wedding planning and flowers.

Wedding Planning:
    -Brooke was extremely helpful and knowledge when it came to planning our October wedding in Santa Barbara. Brooke was on our venue's recommended vendor list.
    -She won us over with her timeliness -- which for us, was probably her biggest strength. Whenever we had a question (and we had A LOT), she was quick to jump on the phone. (It is worth noting -- she is most accessible over text...so if you prefer email, it is worth you adjusting your communication style.)
    -It seemed like Brooke was always willing to negotiate on our behalf, which we appreciated. And when things still came in over budget, she was helpful in trimming certain aspects so it didn't seem like you were giving up a lot.
    -When working with Brooke and setting your budget, communicate what you most important elements are. For us, it was the videographer and bar. We didn't communicate this early enough, so they were both things that went over budget because we needed to splurge to get what we wanted. When we later discovered this disconnect, Brooke did help to scale back other things.
    -I am super detailed oriented and what everything in a spreadsheet. The budget doc you'll get from Brooke is basic...so be prepared to build in the detail yourself, or tell her what you need. And you should keep good notes along the way...again this is just because I don't want anything to fall between the cracks.
    -We ended up going about $8K over budget (budget was $50K). Which we felt really good about given our 165 guest count for a Santa Barbara wedding in October. (note - this didn't include my dress, his suit, our suite, rings, etc.)

Flowers: We wanted a very natural, elegant look and feel to our wedding...and she did just that!
    -Flowers weren't that important to us. We really didn't want to spend a lot of money on them...and we didn't. But what Brooke and her team were able to do with our budget was magical. I can't wait to share pictures :)
    -She did something special for my husband. To honor his grandmother with whom he was very close with, Brooke put a yellow carnation as his boutonniere. So incredibly thoughtful.

All-in-all -- Brooke was fantastic and she will be for you too!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Esmeralda · Married on 05/19/2018

I want to note, that coming from a familiar line of work, Burlap & Bordeaux should belong to the list of Best Wedding Planners in the United States. The team truly delivers a vision of yours over exceeding your expectations. Four about 13 years I have been working at 5 Star Resorts, and Brooke Heflin by far outperforms a lot of Event Coordinators I have seen. I mean, just head over to look at her work. You will see the love and passion she portrays via photographs, that do not do her entire work justice. There is not enough space here to convey my message of how appreciative and grateful we are with Brooke and her team, but I will do my best to sum up the facts. I met Brooke at a wedding exposition in Santa Barbara, and even her expo set up was not like any other set up, it exceeded nice and beautiful. It was the work of a true professional whom prides themselves in their expertise. My husband and I were engaged for over a year. During that time we had so many changes happen regarding wedding planning. We are extremely impressed at how Brooke handled all our adversities. Never once did she throw in the towel, say no to anything, not respond, or get frustrated. It was the complete opposite, she ALWAYS brought a solution, regardless of what the problem was, did I mention ALWAYS! I have not met another human that exudes the love they have for what they do, like Brooke. She even gave us such a generous gift that we were so grateful with, but her generosity does not end there. The generous amount of care to do an immaculate job, and obtain optimum results with her decor and service will never go overseen. Shawn and I cannot express enough how grateful we are with Brooke and her team. Even our guests still ask about the wedding planning team! Nothing but extremely positive feedback. What more can a bride ask for? Nothing, Burlap & Bordeaux fulfilled it. If you are looking for a true professional and just perfection on your big event, then you found it in Brooke.

Sent on 07/01/2018
    Burlap & Bordeaux 9

Chelsea · Married on 10/28/2017

Honestly, I am really kind of offended that someone gave Brooke (and Burlap & Bordeaux) anything less than 5 stars so I am just going to assume that those were unfortunate mistakes. When Brooke came into my life, things literally changed. From our very first phone meeting I knew that she was someone I could openly communicate with and would respect what I wanted while providing invaluable experience and knowledge in the industry. Brooke was incredible with coordinating vendors and arranging those important details that are so often overlooked. Let me be honest about what I did to Brooke.... A week and a half before my wedding (which was on 10/28/17) I told Brooke that I wanted to change a few things with the décor, linens, flowers, etc. And when I say a few things, I literally FLIPPED THE SCRIPT ENTIRELY. I went from all ivory linens, mostly white flowers with heavy greenery and gold accents to NAVY, FUSCHIA AND GOLD, GOLD AND MORE GOLD. Without skipping a beat, like not one beat at all, Brooke had linen samples in my inbox, updated flower quotes and modern gold accent décor on order. She even gave me some tips on how to avoid giving my mother a heart attack with all the massive changes. I put all of my confidence & trust in Brooke & I have not one regret. My jaw literally dropped to the floor when I saw the venue on the big day. Every single one of our guests commented on how our wedding was the most elegant, beautiful and FUN wedding they have been to and I PROMISE YOU NOT ONCE WAS MY GOAL TO HAVE AN OVER THE TOP, BLOG WORTHY WEDDING. My goal for a relaxed, comfortable day filled with love, family and friends turned out to be so much more than I could have ever imagined thanks to Brooke and her team. Let's talk flowers. OH. MY. GOD. I. HAVE. NEVER. SEEN. MORE. BEAUTIFUL. FLOWERS. Am I getting my point across? She is AMAZING, professional, kind and a genuine super hero. I will definitely hire Brooke to coordinate my next wedding! ;)

Sent on 10/31/2017
    Burlap & Bordeaux 10
    Burlap & Bordeaux 11
    Burlap & Bordeaux 12
    Burlap & Bordeaux 13

Joanna · Married on 10/14/2017

We hired Brooke for full-service planning for our Santa Barbara wedding and she absolutely nailed it. My fiancee and I both live in Los Angeles so it would have been difficult for us to meet with and vet different vendors. Her many connections in the industry made it easy to select the right vendors at the best price and I was able to handle nearly all of the planning and booking over text or email. We told her how much we wanted to spend and I shared photos of my vision and she made it happen. What I think was most essential was during the few weeks leading up to the wedding - the time everyone else will tell you is the most stressful - she had everything under control and told me exactly what I needed to do on my end (which was very little at this point) and she would handle the rest. The day of the wedding I was completely blown away by how well she executed the exact vision I had in mind. I had a very particular idea of how I wanted the decor and flowers, and all I had to do was send her a few photos and then she went above and beyond my expectations for every detail. Even when I decided last minute that I wanted to incorporate some white pumpkins (we got married October 14th) she had the most fantastic idea to dip some of them and splatter others with gold paint so they fit seamlessly into the whimsical-boho-glam look we were going for. I didn’t have to worry about a single thing on my wedding day besides enjoy myself - which I did to the fullest! We have been getting comments from our guests that it was the most beautiful and fun wedding they’ve ever attended. And we have Brooke to thank for that - she’s amazing.

Sent on 11/09/2017
    Burlap & Bordeaux 14
    Burlap & Bordeaux 15
    Burlap & Bordeaux 16
    Burlap & Bordeaux 17
  • W

wassan · Married on 10/06/2017

The first word that comes to mind when I think of Brooke is... "Amazing". She is just simply amazing. From the first conversation I had with her, to the day after the wedding, Brooke was not only professional, efficient, and easy to work with--but she was truly like a friend to me. She was so flexible, creative, and easy to work with. I never had any doubt that my wedding would look amazing under her watch! We got married in Santa Barbara in October, and we had a two-day wedding. Brooke made all my visions come to life--and in some cases, they came to life better than I had imagined! Our wedding venue was lit with hundreds of candles everywhere, it literally glowed. There were candles in and around a central water fountain, on all the tables, glimmering and showcasing not only the venue, but our guests as well.

Brooke did our flowers, signage, candles (tons and tons of candles!!), place cards, and she even provided us with all sorts of necessities like cake platters, votives, etc. She was so professional, and SO creative! She has such close relationships with other vendors, and is able to bring together a great crew of professionals who can make all your wedding visions come true. We had such a great time working with her, and we knew every step of the way that we were in good hands.

Brooke joked around that she could plan my wedding in 4 weeks--and believe me, she wasn't lying! She has a ton of great ideas, and has such a sunny disposition. Every time I would get off the phone with her, I was left feeling relieved, happy, excited and literally itching to see what everything was going to look like. I trusted her implicitly--which is incredibly hard to do for me because I am a true perfectionist. I told Brooke, after my wedding, "You helped me get hitched without a hitch!". Brooke--thank you for bringing so much vibrancy and beauty to my wedding weekend. Without you, it wouldn't have been so whimsical and romantic. Thank you!!

Sent on 01/17/2018
    Burlap & Bordeaux 18
    Burlap & Bordeaux 19
    Burlap & Bordeaux 20
    Burlap & Bordeaux 21
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 08/12/2017

Okay, so Brooke was absolutely fantastic. When I hired her, my mother and I thought we had gotten most of the planning done. Boy, were we wrong! Brooke came in and made the rest of what planning so easy! She contacted everyone, made plans for the big day and read my mind. When I came to her, all I told her was "I want a true Santa Barbara wedding. Spanish beach theme." She knew EXACTLY what I meant. She made it masculine, feminine, laid back, and formal. It was amazing! I wish I could post pictures here. She blended my caucasian family with my husbands hispanic family, she brought the two cultures together so well. And she was always there when I needed her. I could text at (pretty much) any time of day and she would respond almost immediately. She truly does it all (from flowers to planning) for such a great price! My only complaint (more on my end) is that I didn't hire her in the first place! She knows everyone!!! Hiring her first would have saved me TONS of money. You should definitely give her a call!!

Sent on 08/25/2017

Michelle · Married on 10/22/2016

Brooke was absolutely amazing! She took my tight budget and made the wedding of my dreams. Her taste and professionalism is absolutely top notch. I gave her an idea of the look I wanted to go for and she really took it to the next level and made it so perfect. Her ideas, suggestions, and connections in the industry really helped us make this "one of the best weddings ever" as said by all our guests.

On the day of our wedding, all our friends and family asked us where we found this amazing woman because she was so on top of everything that the whole event went smoothly and beautifully. We never once had to worry or stress about the night because Brooke and her team were there to handle all the kinks and details. We truly were able to enjoy our wedding because of Burlap & Bordeaux.

We used her coordinating, styling, and floral services and I highly recommend everybody else do the same. 5 stars all around :)

Sent on 11/16/2016

Julie · Married on 10/01/2016

Brook was pretty much my fairy godmother that made all my wedding dreams come true. I hired her as my wedding planner and florist but she did so much more than that! We started with just an inspiration photo, colors and feel of the kind of wedding I wanted and Brooke did the rest. Like literally did the rest. I found all my other vendors through Brooke’s recommendation and had the whole wedding pretty much planned within the first 6 weeks of meeting Brooke – it was only a 7 month engagement. We communicated mostly through phone calls, texts, and emails but she was totally up for meeting when I needed to and at pretty much any time no matter what day or time inspiration spoke to me I could just send her a quick text.
    I was definitely not your average bride. I have crazy control issues so I opted not to stress myself out and let Brooke make the bulk of the decisions. She assured me that she would stick with my inspiration picture and the feel I wanted for the wedding and she ended up handling every last detail of the wedding. A lot of it was a complete surprise to my husband and I but it was exactly what I was looking for!
    The day itself ran super smoothly! I didn’t have to worry about anything! We started on time and I was kept relaxed and happy through the whole thing. At the end of the night my car was packed and just ready for me to drive off.
    I really seriously recommend Brooke for planning and floral! She was more of a best friend during the whole thing than anything else!

Sent on 01/30/2017

Justine · Married on 08/20/2016

Brooke is THE BEST! We hired her to do our wedding planning, flowers and overall look/theme of our wedding and we couldn't have been happier. She sourced vendors for us and handled all of the details as well as design so that we could just enjoy the fun parts of wedding planning. She kept us on track and on budget in the months leading up to our wedding and she checked in often as the day approached. She worked with all the vendors behind the scenes prior to and on the day of the wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly and we were stress-free. She is knowledgeable, professional and makes you feel like you are working with a true friend. When we saw our wedding venue on the day of it was magical the way she had put everything together, from the flowers, colors, signs, and every last detail. We received soooo many compliments from our guests on the flowers and look of the wedding, it was breathtaking. Brooke did an outstanding job.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Ricardo · Married on 07/23/2016

Brooke was super professional throughout the whole process. She was easy to get in contact with and kept up regular communication. She put together a truly amazing event that left our guests speechless. Brooke and her staff did an amazing job the day of our wedding. We couldn't have asked for a more professional wedding planner than Brooke. Thank you so much.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Brittany · Married on 05/28/2016

Love Brooke! So accommodating! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 09/12/2016

Brooke was amazing! She worked with my budget with no question. Brought my envision to life perfectly. I absolutely loved my wedding florals and so did my guests. Stunning!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Leah · Married on 10/10/2015

Burlap & Bordeaux was amazing to work with! The flowers for my wedding were absolutely incredible. The venue I had already supplied the centerpieces, but I wanted to a little more to add to the table. Brooke did a wonderful job matching my vision and creating lovely pieces to add to the table as well as the our sweetheart table. She understood what I was going for and matched it to a T! The bouquets for my bridesmaids, as well as my own, were stunning and everything I had envisioned. Absolutely loved working with Burlap & Bordeaux!!

Sent on 04/13/2016

Lori · Married on 09/25/2015

Brooke is fantastic to work with... her floral creations exceeded our expectations and made my son's wedding a very memorable event. I would highly recommend her a she provides such a personal touch!!!

Sent on 04/14/2016

Genny · Married on 05/27/2017

Brooke Heflin is a wonderful person, and an absolutely fantastic wedding resource. Not only does she have a ton of experience in planning, floristry, and design, but she has the disposition of an angel. Brooke (and everyone on her team) is a "can-do" person; when a challenge arises (which they always do), she is quick to jump on finding a solution. It was an absolute joy meeting with Brooke, texting about different decisions regarding flowers, design, timeline, etc., and asking her a TON of questions. Brooke has a wonderful gift for understanding a couple's vision and doing everything she can to make that vision come to life. She is 100% there for you and wants YOUR preferences and dreams to rule the day. Whether you have a clear picture of what you want your day to look like, or you just have one or two ideas, Brooke will help you every step of the way, and will keep you on track with creating timelines, finding vendors, and keeping on budget. She also runs receptions with her team so seamlessly. She is truly an invaluable resource! Budget: Brooke loves budgeting, and prides herself on keeping to whatever budget you might have. She is excellent at meeting you where you are, and she NEVER pressures you or makes you feel guilty for saying no to something. My fiance and I appreciated this SO MUCH. Also, because she has been in the business for years, Brooke has relationships with vendors who will often give her significant discounts and great deals. Not to mention, Brooke has a collection of her own decor and is a talented calligrapher. All of this is available for your use should you work with her. Flowers: Look no further: Book Burlap and Bordeaux for your flowers! You will not regret it. Our flowers were out of this world gorgeous, better than I could have ever imagined. We had a style and general color scheme we were going for, and Brooke helped us to flesh it out and created heavenly arrangements. Thank you so much Brooke! We are so grateful!!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Brooke and her team were fantastic. Brooke was extremely pleasant and very responsive throughout the entire planning process and really took the time to understand my vision...and she brought it to life!!! She really as an eye for beauty and design. On my wedding day, her team helped put me at ease by being on top of everything.

Sent on 05/12/2016