Bright Blue Events Reviews

43 | Los Angeles, CA

43 Reviews for Bright Blue Events

Angela · Married on 02/18/2018

We could not be happier with Carole and her team (Brianna and everyone else!). Carole has the special ability to be calm and a boss at the same time. She has great vendor recs, is super responsive months before the wedding and most importantly, comes through on the day of. I have been in many weddings and have frequently felt like the coordinators were lacking / didn't care. Carole and her team are the opposite of someone who is just going through the motions of a job - she cares about her clients and goes above and beyond to make sure things go right. They shielded me and my husband from stress on the day of, yet dealt with any issues in an effective way. We got married this weekend and are still on cloud nine - largely because of Carole and her team's hard work to make the day perfect. THANK YOU for everything!!! We are so happy about our wedding and so grateful!

Lena · Married on 10/20/2017

Carole and Bright Blue Events was key to making our wedding a success! I seriously could not have planning our wedding without Carole. She is SO calm and flexible, it’s amazing. She has everything down - starting with the rehearsal I could tell my wedding was going to be amazing because she was so on top of staying on schedule and making sure everyone knew what they were doing. She always had suggestions and advice and was also happy to work with people I found or wanted to work with. She stayed on top of every email, every vendor. I wasn’t aware of 90% of the things that went on that day. She literally took care of everything, from start to even packing up our stuff at the end of the night. She recommended a florist that was exactly my style and I couldn’t have been happier. Our wedding was at Descanso Gardens in Pasadena and I wanted the natural beauty of the garden to stand out, but I also wanted it to look elegant. I booked Bright Blue Events for decor and day-of help and Carole provided assistance, guidance, and recommendations every step of the way. She truly is amazing at what she does and I highly recommend her for any picky, high-strung bride with an annoying family. :)

Sent on 02/19/2018

Bright Blue Events's reply:

Lena, you are amazing, thank you for your kind words! It was such a pleasure to assist you & Kenley on your wonderful day. All of our Warmest Wishes :)

Sherry · Married on 09/01/2017

I hired Carole and Bright Blue Events to do day of coordination. However, she basically took over contacting and coordinating with the vendors I had hired about a month before the wedding--this made my life so much easier! She also took care of the floor plan, the timeline, and contact lists. In addition, for the services provided, the cost is super reasonable. I had such a great experience working with Carole and her team. Carole is organized, responsive, and an overall calming presence-which is super important on the big day. On the actual day of, Carole, Kat, and another team member made sure that everything ran smoothly and I wasn't aware of any problems throughout the evening--that's how you know that they are good at what they do! Really, having Bright Blue Events lifted a weight off of my shoulders and allowed me to enjoy the day. You won't regret hiring them for your wedding!

• Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 04/23/2017

Carole and her team are amazing! I found her through Wedding Wire and instantly felt that Carole's experience, patience, and calm attitude would be the perfect fit for my wedding planning process. I did the 3 month coordination package and it was a great choice. Carole helped me all along the way with questions and advice. Carole and her team carried out the wedding day beautifully and helped us have the best day of our lives. I would recommend her services wholeheartedly!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Bright Blue Events's reply:

Thank you so much Alexandra!!! It was an absolute pleasure to assist you with your wedding! All of Our Warmest Wishes!!

Kim · Married on 09/18/2016

Hiring Bright Blue Events was the single best wedding decision I made (besides of course saying yes to my now-husband's proposal ;)). After interviewing numerous coordinators, I hired Carole and her team as my Day-of-Coordinator, and could not be more impressed with their services.

I was not the easiest bride--I probably emailed Carole almost every single day over the past year, and she always responded promptly and with the most helpful answers. Carole and her team were my rock throughout the past year, and I could not have pulled this off without their amazing support! Even though they were technically only Day-of-Coordinators, I felt like they were with me every step of the way. They really do go above and beyond. And they have impeccable taste and know the answers to everything.

A few weeks before my wedding, Carole and team completely took over with my vendors, sending them timelines and reminders and making sure everything was ready to go. This allowed me to focus on last-minute getting ready and spending time with family.

And the day of, oh my gosh, they were INCREDIBLE! Carole and team had everything looking insanely gorgeous by the time we arrived and ran the event seamlessly. I had an awful issue with my officiant who showed up late and acting crazily, and Carole even managed to find a creative way to fire him mid-ceremony and put in a back-up, without any of my guests realizing what had just happened! (Yes, this really happened!) Carole seriously saved my wedding day and made what could have been a disaster the happiest day of my life.

I am sooooo thankful for Carole and her team, and cannot recommend them enough. If you're searching for a wedding vendor, believe me that you've found the absolute best in Carole and Bright Blue Events!!!!

Morgan · Married on 09/03/2016

LOVED LOVED Carole and her team. Carole has the perfect personality, is so creative and perfectly captured the wedding of my dreams! THANK YOU!

Nina · Married on 07/15/2016

I wish I could give Bright Blue Events, Carole , Leah and her team (especially Michelle) more than 5 stars!

My husband and I met with a few wedding planners and knew early on in our meeting with Carole that there was no one else we could possibly go with. We hired Bright Blue Events (BBE) for day-of coordination services for our wedding just last month (07/2016) and I can say with confidence we owe the success of the event to Carole, Leah, and our day-of coordinator, Michelle.

When we booked BBE for day-of coordination, I expected to hear very little from them between our initial meeting and rehearsal day, save for a check-in here and there. I couldn't have been more wrong. Carole and Leah were helpful and available through out the whole planning process. They were quick to answer any kind of question we had about planning for our wedding. Carole always remained calm, cool, collected and wildly creative. Her suggestions and recommendations were on point because she listens to you and has a genuine interest to understand exactly what you're looking for and how to make it happen in the best way possible while staying within our budget. Leah, I wish I had someone like her to help in my everyday life! Leah is attentive, organized, responsive and incredibly kind.

When friends and family kept asking my husband, myself, our wedding party, and our parents why we didn't look or seem stressed, it's because we had the BBE team on our side. It's a testament to the great work that BBE does. If you are planning a wedding or any large event, please save yourself the headache and hire Bright Blue Events!

Thank you Carole, Leah, Michelle and the BBE team for all of your hard work. We are incredibly grateful to have had you all on our side so we could truly enjoy our day and live in the moment celebrating our wedding!

Rachel · Married on 05/28/2016

We hired Bright Blue Events for their Day-Of Coordination package for our wedding at Calamigos Ranch on May 28th, 2016, and we couldn't be happier! Carole and Ryan answered every question we could've come up with before we even thought to ask. We met with them several times coming up to the wedding to go over details, and Leah was always manning the emails, taking care of every last thing. They were so organized on the day, and were able to keep everything running perfectly, while making everyone feel comfortable and taken care of. I can't even tell you how many people came up to us and told us that they had never seen a wedding run more smoothly than ours - Bright Blue is to thank for that! Seriously, couldn't do better than Bright Blue!

Tiffany · Married on 05/27/2016

When I came across Carole I was instantly impressed with her professionalism and easy going nature. As a bride I was looking for someone who could stay cool and collected in times of stress and Carole and her team were just that. The first time we were in LA, Carole came to our hotel and drove us around to view different venues all over LA. When she picked us up she even arrived with coffee and snacks for the day (this is above and beyond to me!) and patiently waited with us all day until we decided on a venue. We relied on her recommendations for most of our vendors and have no complaints! Everyone that she recommended did an awesome job and we received many compliments on the services provided.

We planned our wedding about a year and a half out and had to communicate with Carole and Leah via email. Leah was also a pleasure to work with, she was very organised and kept us on track with friendly reminders. On the day of the wedding Carole was great at keeping everyone on track and ensuring that Luke and I had a great day. There were a few minor things that happened on the day (as these things always tend to, to no fault of anyones!), and because of Carole I didn't notice until after the fact. One of the bouquets even went missing right before we went to walk down the aisle and Carole and Leah made one up on the spot.

We also used Bright Blue Events for our floral arrangements and they were beautiful! Carole had a clear idea of our look and style and I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. Carole has a great sense of style herself, so she brought had lots of ideas that were complimentary to what I was looking for. It is definitely easier working with an event planner who can do your florals too! If I could give Carole and Leah more than 5 stars I would - I couldn't speak highly enough of them. They were a pleasure to work with, I actually feel like there is a hole in my life now that the wedding is over! They are brilliant.

• I

I · Married on 02/20/2016

Oh my word! Carole and her team were a blessing from God! I cannot imagine the day without her. Even our friends commented on how calm and "on it" she was.

Having helped with a bunch of friend's weddings I knew what I was looking for in the wedding and had a lot of things put in place already. I got a lot of my vendors prior to hiring Bright Blue and knew that I needed a "month of" planner to carry things the rest of the way.

I found her team through Wedding Wire when my initial planner fell through. I spoke with a few people and after talking to her on the phone, I knew the search was over. I met her in person about seven weeks to the wedding and it was nice to know someone else was looking over things. For the vendors I didn't have, or hadn't thought about - they made recommendations. Carole and Leah were extremely communicative and responsive - we had so many email threads going to make sure that every question was answered and every concern addressed. Even when I flip flopped on an ides or two, they rolled with it.

She also helped bustle my dress so my maid of honour didn't have to struggle with it. She made sure all the vendors were taken care of, and nothing was out of place that I could see, or that I heard of afterwards. Her value was beyond what we gave her team.

At the end of the weekend, when I as looking for random bits - veil, etc or things i had lost track of, Carole and her team had loaded EVERY SINGLE THING into our car or the best man's car. I wish I could have given her another hug just for that.

If you are looking for someone calm but still nice, who will make sure you can relax on your day, and is very professional, this is Carole.

Samir · Married on 11/28/2015

Carole, Leah, and the rest of the Bright Blue Events team have our undying gratitude for navigating us through the planning of a 460 guest Indian wedding at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu, CA. They were reasonable and flexible, incredibly responsive, had great vendor contacts, and also worked with outside vendors seamlessly. They handled difficult discussions with our parents with great class and care. They were unafraid to share their opinions but also were willing to adjust their plans to match our vision for the day, and they of course had great taste. They were able to remove any stress from the planning process and made it easy to devote all of our time to enjoy our engagement and our special day. Our guests told us afterwards that our wedding day was beautiful, fun, relaxed, and intimate. Just the way we wanted!

Carol · Married on 10/17/2015

I was incredibly impressed with Carole Grogan and her Bright Blue Events Wedding Planning company. Although Carole was only hired for the "month of and day of event", she clearly went above and beyond that timeframe and helped throughout the wedding planning process. Carole directly contacted several of her recommended vendors directly (rental companies, shuttle companies) and placed our order. She met us several times at the venue during the process. Her suggestions regarding the timeline were spot on and she cheerfully revised and re-revised both the timeline and floor plan many times. A week before the wedding she proactively suggested we change Shuttle companies because of a bad experience she unexpectedly had. Carole always responded promptly and fully to all emails. Carole's team who managed the day of did an excellent job. There were some minor glitches and they gracefully handled them. I loved how they catered to both us and the couple to ensure that we always had everything we needed. They took my car keys and loaded up my car with the presents and saw that other items were loaded onto the shuttle buses. They really allowed me to relax and enjoy the wedding. I would strongly recommend Bright Blue Events and I felt the pricing was extremely moderate -- especially considering all of the work they did.

Ashleigh · Married on 09/26/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Carole, Leah and the BB team. Our wedding was nothing short of a miracle and it never would have happened if it wasn't for them. Carole was enthusiastic about our crazy wedding venue, and more importantly beyond qualified and capable of pulling it off. We chose a public space that not only required permits and permissions from multiple LA city departments, but also required everything from generators to bathrooms to our own security and she handled it like a pro. I trusted every one of her vendors and was nearly in tears when I finally saw it all come together almost a year later. It was a labor of love for all of us and I wish I could tell every couple to hire them because they are the best. Carole, you truly are my fairy godmother!

Chase · Married on 08/02/2015

Carole was an absolute delight from A to Z when it came down to planning our wedding. We had previously endured some unfortunate obstacles in our initial plans for an out-of-town wedding but Carole came to the rescue and her patience & grace made the entire experience absolutely magical. Carole was extremely accommodating to our modest budget while still honoring our vision for the venue to decor to food, and beyond. The entire weekend truly manifested precisely as imagined. Carole & her sidekick Leah provided invaluable constant reminders and support to us for all logistics, details (nothing too big or too small) as these things quickly pile up and become overwhelming... She was always there to keep us on track with reminders, to-do lists, etc. Most importantly, Carole is an absolutely selfless, caring, and giving individual. Not once did we feel pressured or uncomfortable with the process or results, she has a lovely demeanor and calmness that helped ease our stresses along the way. Absolutely recommend her and her team for their tireless efforts and wonderful partnership throughout this magical event in our lives. Love You Guys!

Stefany · Married on 06/14/2015

Carole and her team are AMAZING at what they do.

We hired them for full event planning services and the level of attention Carole and Leah provide are fantastic. We had a few bumps along the way with our design vision. Our ideas kept changing, the budget was adjusted, and we switched vendors multiple times. Carole rolled with the punches, always providing us with updated look books and budgets usually within a a day or two! Leah is the research and email QUEEN. She handles all your small details like a boss. Seriously guys.

The best part about the team is that they are super chill and relaxed. Carole treats you and your family like old friends. If you should decide to work with her or hire her ask to see pictures of her adorable dog!!!!! He may have been the real star of the team.

The day of everything ran super smooth. I was so shocked with how beautiful everything looked. Her team is constantly working but they are never intrusive. They manage to be right on the peripherals, ready to jump in and help, and then disappear to make everything flow smoothly again.

My guests who did interact with the team were even complimenting Carole and talking about how sweet she was.

Fantastic work!!!

Katy · Married on 05/23/2015

I hired Carole as a DAY OF wedding Coordinator (She also does Wedding planning, I believe) and she was helping me 10 months in advance. She isn't just a coordinator, she's a friend and a therapist. She kept me calm and cool and took care of things that I didn't even realize were things that needed to be taken care of. Every single person that we met with that knew Carole said she is the best there is. The day of, Carole and her team were on top of every. single. thing. There was not one moment that I was worried or stressed about anything- even when my maid of honor's zipper broke and one of her assistants sewed her back into it. Carole is not only good at her job, she's a good person, and I am so thankful that she was the person that I put in charge of everything.
    Did I mention she also did my bouquets? Honestly, if you aren't hiring Carole, you're doing it wrong.

Helen · Married on 09/27/2014

There's not much to add to the positive reviews of Carole and her team. I hired Carole for day-of-coordinating services and it's hilarious that that's what she calls it, because she and her people did SO MUCH WORK, for months and months in advance of my wedding, to make everything amazing. We had a DIY-ish wedding at the 1909 in Topanga and everything was beyond beautiful. It required a ton of coordination because the site is sprawling and kind of complicated, and Carole was just incredible at that. But beyond that, she just took care of everything with such calm graciousness. She calmed me and my mom down in all our craziness. She made the whole thing totally gorgeous. We were freaking out because the ceremony location was in direct sunlight, and Carole went to Chinatown and bought dozens of cheap but lovely paper parasols for our guests-- everyone thought they were so fun and they look great in the photos. Just one example of many of how Carole goes above and beyond. She helped us find vendors and communicated with them for us. We also hired Carole to do our flowers, kind of last-minute because we originally were going to do them ourselves. She knew we were on a budget, worked with us to get the flower cost where we needed it to be, and did a beautiful job-- and also threw in a ton of table arrangements without charging us, just because she knew it would make everything even more beautiful. I know this review is kind of rambling, it's just because I honestly don't have time to write a really coherent review that does justice to the service that Bright Blue Events provides. HIRE THEM. Also, considering all the work they do it's truly a bargain-- not something wedding vendors are known for!

Janell · Married on 08/16/2014

I just got married at The 1909 in Topanga, CA and thankfully I hired Carole and good thing I did. She was amazing to work with on every level. Professional, kind, warm, quick to return any email or call and she contributed an element of ease to what turned out to be one of the best days of my life. Her assistant Leah really helped during the planning process as well, and she was awesome to work with. I would hire Carole again in a heartbeat. Trust me for your wedding day, you want someone you can really trust and rely on and she did not miss a beat. She got every detail down and rolled with changes and alterations up until the last minute like a champ. I highly highly recommend her!!

Heidi · Married on 08/02/2014

Carole Grogan, Leah Stone and the entire Bright Blue Events team did a wonderful job! We hired them for day of planning and they were very on top of both pre-planning and day of coordination. Providing consultation on recommended vendors and etiquette, to contacting and coordinating logistics with all other vendors, as well as preparing very detailed day of coordination paperwork were such some of the MANY things they helped with during the process. As the bride, I was incredibly grateful that as the big day got closer, I was able to relax and put the reigns in their hands. When I arrived at the venue, I cried at how perfect my vision was executed, when I myself had trouble describing and listing all the details out for them :) Kevin and I both were so grateful for your help. Our day was perfect and we sincerely appreciate all your hard work. We recommend Bright Blue Events to anyone that might need a day of or full wedding planner!

Benjamin · Married on 07/20/2014

Carole and crew made our special day feel natural and smooth. Some may details can easily get forgotten, Carole makes sure all of those small details are accounted for.

First, I think reviews for wedding vendors are biased. Everyone is on such a high after their wedding that every vendor seems like a 5/5. Unless the vendor royally screwed up, people are generally not going to post negative feedback.

With that being said, I truly reflected on the job Carole and her team performed. Here's what I came up with.

Quality of Service: She was the only planner that didn't set a limit on the number of meets. We interviewed 7 different planners and they all advised that after X amount of meets they would charge additional fees. Carole actually drove out to Orange County to meet with us a few times during the planning process. She responded to text messages and emails in a timely fashion. She always had a positive attitude.

Responsiveness: As noted earlier, Carole and her team responded to text messages and emails in a timely fashion; never exceeding 24 hours. Carole would respond to emails at all times of the day from as early as 6am to as late as 1am.

Professionalism: Carole creates a huge wedding binder for each client and has every detail organized. She created a look book for us with what she imagined our wedding would look like. When CC'd on emails with vendors, she was super professional. After developing a relationship with her, she eased on the proper sounding emails with us and started using emoticons such as =) to ease our stress.

Value: If Carole was the most expensive wedding planner we interviewed, we probably still would have gone with her. However, she was on the lower end of the spectrum. This still amazes me to this day.

Flexibility: As mentioned earlier, Carole was flexible with meetings whenever they were needed. Also, she has no problems pinging various vendors to search for the best fit. There was never a time when she turned down any of our ideas, as whacky as they were.

I'm a part time wedding DJ, and Carole is the best coordinator I've ever dealt with.

Josette · Married on 06/28/2014

Carole and her team did an amazing job. There are no words to describe the great work and that they did. I found Bright Blue Events through one of my bridesmaids who actually worked for Carole for a couple of months. When I first met with Carole, I instantly knew that I wanted her to help me with my wedding planning needs. She was very kind and very knowledgeable.

We met several times to discuss what my now husband and I envisioned for our wedding. She had never done a wedding at the Sheraton Universal Starview room and she took the time out of her day to meet us there so that she knew exactly how the venue looked. This is just one example of her commitment to deliver. After she had a solid idea of what I was aiming for as far as design goes, she created a look book to piece all of our ideas together, which was very helpful. Throughout the year of planning before the wedding, Carole and her team were always available to answer any of my questions and also recommend vendors. I ended up going with several of the vendors she recommended and they also provided excellent services. She was also very flexible. There were many instances where I had changed my mind on certain design aspects but she was always open to them and provided me with ideas on how to achieve what I was looking for. As we all know, wedding planning is very stressful. However, Carole made the whole process less stressful. She somehow always managed to calm my nerves down when I was worried about something.

On the day of the wedding, I was able to enjoy every second of the day without any worries. Carole and her team took care of every single detail and it all turned out beautiful. All our guests were telling my husband and me that it was the most beautiful wedding they’ve ever been too. They also said that it went so smoothly and that everything was so organized. I have Carole and her team to thank for this. I don’t know what I would have done without them!

Jessica · Married on 05/24/2014

We randomly met Carole while looking at a potential venue in Topanga. She graciously showed us around after meeting with another couple. We weren't sure if we wanted or needed a planner but after our brief encounter, we decided that having Carole help is plan our day would be a must! We booked her "month of" but she went above and beyond over the year helping us plan our day. On the day of our rehearsal, we literally filled her car with all of our DIY decor and she took care of everything the day of. Our day was perfect and I am certain it was because of the talent Carole and her team brings to each event. Thank you again for making our day so special! I highly recommend Carole ❤

Becky · Married on 05/03/2014

I was referred to Carole by a friend who raved about Bright Blue's wedding planning at her own celebration. From my first phone call with Carole, I had a feeling of calm and security and knew she would be a good fit for me and my fiance as we began the planning process for our wedding. Beyond her multifaceted skills as an extremely professional, efficient, organized, knowledgeable, and uniquely talented event planner, with a background in the arts and running her own catering business, Carole is also just genuinely a caring and warm person and wonderful to spend time with, which is important, since wedding planning can be a long process!

I began working with Carole nearly a year before our wedding date. From the beginning I knew she would work hard to make the wedding true to "us" as a couple and our wishes and preferences. Carole was always on top of everything, and was truly OUR advocate in the planning process. She kept us organized and on track, providing monthly to-do lists, timelines, and a budget, sending reminders, and checking in when appropriate. She attended all the important meetings and asked crucial questions of both us and our vendors I wouldn't have even thought to ask, really doing her due diligence and ensuring that we were working with quality people who would deliver what they promised.

Another great thing about Carole is that because she is so good at what she does, she also works and associates with quality people. Some of the vendors I found through her recommendations and connections, such as my photographer, makeup artist, DJ, and lighting company, were absolutely fantastic and a perfect fit for our wedding.

Carole's day of team is also outstanding. Ryan was on top of everything and extremely organized and professional. Leah is also so organized and resourceful. If there were more space allowed here, I would write several more paragraphs about how great Carole and Bright Blue are, but since I can't, I will just say, hire her!!

john · Married on 10/19/2013

"Having worked with Many Event planners for over 35 years I have to say that Carole is the BEST! She can handle any Event, is Calm, always 2 steps ahead, Charming, can get noisy Neighbors silenced beautifully, Flustered Brides Settled & elated with her solutions, other Vendors RESPECT her & do exactly as she directs. Just Love her, it's always a pleasure to work with her! If you want a flawless perfectly executed Event that everyone raves about Always get Carole, postpone the event if she's not Available, she's that GOOD!!"