Bridals by D Reviews

67 | Buffalo, NY

67 Reviews for Bridals by D

Bridals by D 1
Bridals by D 2

I had a great experience purchasing my wedding dress here. They worked with my budget pretty well. Most of the employees were friendly and upbeat except one I felt was a little rude. They even resized my dress 2days before my wedding when it didn't fit at no extra cost.

Sent on 09/04/2014

Ashley · Married on 01/28/2017

I loved this place ! Owner and bridal consultants are AMAZING !!!!!
    I had to plan the wedding 4 months earlier than expected, they made sure by dress was in time for the wedding.
    Perfect alterations! Plus the guy who does them is adorable!
    Thank you Bridals by D!

Sent on 01/25/2017

Rachael · Married on 08/15/2015

I loved my wedding dress! Denise has a great eye and made the process so easy. My mom and mother-in-law also got their dresses there and loved them!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Alicia · Married on 07/26/2014

My overall experience was positive and I was very happy with my dress. Betty was my consultant and she was patient and helpful in finding the right dress for me. Rosa in alterations did a wonderful job. She was able to add a piece in the V neck for more coverage and make it look like it was always there.

Sent on 08/05/2014

jennifer · Married on 11/29/2013

3.0

My gown was perfect and the staff was wonderful! I also purchased all of my jewelery and undergarments and the prices for those were great! Rosa makes all of the jewlery and made me a custom braclet to go with the necklace I picked out. The jewlery was beautiful! That being said I'm pretty sure I overpaid for my "alterations" as the only thing I needed was a bustle. The length and fit was perfect. They have a flat rate for all alterations which is great if you need a lot of work done on your dress but I did not. The bustle was beautiful, I have been to so many weddings where the bustle was hard to do and fell. Mine was color coded, took 5 mins for my girls to do and did not move! I was also a little surprised that they wouldn't match on bridesmaid dresses. Instead of matching the price and selling 6 dresses they lost out.

Sent on 12/18/2013

Susan · Married on 07/06/2013

4.2
      3.5

Bridals by D is a lovely little boutique bridal salon! They have a very nice selection of gowns and were very pleasant to work with. They made me feel welcome and comfortable. They were very accommodating and respectful of my desires for a dress, and did not try to steer me into something completely different than what I was looking for. Although I had some concerns about the alterations after the first and second fitting and needed to be a bit firm when it was not acceptable, in the end, my dress fit perfectly!

Sent on 08/15/2013

I went into other bridal stores and they were either extremely snotty, pushy, or unorganized. All the women at this store were so wonderful to work with and made me feel special and comfortable.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Nicole · Married on 11/17/2017

3.4
      3.5
      2.5

My dress was gorgeous, and I was able to do a lot of customizing, which I greatly appreciated. My initial appointment was great, but the service once I had ordered my dress was a bit lacking. They can be difficult to get a hold of, and I did feel at times they were somewhat snobby about things. I would recommend because their selection is great, but I think they could work on returning phone calls in a timely manner and when someone shows up in workout gear because they're trying to sign off on their dress right after being at the gym, maybe not seem so disgusted.

Sent on 11/30/2017
    Bridals by D 3
    Bridals by D 4

Bridals by D's reply:

Nicole Thank you for your beautiful pictures. I posted them on our Facebook page as well. We love customizing your dress, it truly is our specialty!
    You made a beautiful bride. We our proud you were a D's bride.

Danielle · Married on 09/21/2013

3.0

While I love the dress I got through Bridal by D's, the overall experience was a "meh" experience. They never explained anything that was going on, always just seemed to expect that I knew. For my fitting, they weren't actually ready until an hour after my appointment time. The day I went to pick up my dress, I was standing around for quite awhile before someone came out of their back room to help me.

Positive notes: Their packaging for my dress when I picked it up was top notch. I bought a sample dress and you never would have known that multiple people had tried on the dress before me.

Sent on 10/20/2013

2.8
      2.0

I am very disappointed to be writing a poor review for this company. I LOVE(D) my dress; and although the wedding was nearly a month ago, I'm STILL getting compliments about the dress. It was certainly a very memorable and beautiful dress. It was the attitude of ONE staff member that I was disappointing with and the reason for a low rating. Elaine was incredibly rude and ruined my experience. Specifically: she joked at my expense on my second visit and treated others who were still shopping for their dress better than me after I had bought the dress. It was almost as if "she bought the dress, we already have her business, let's not pay attention to her anymore". Not to mention my mother and my 5 bridesmaids also bought their dressed through this store. Although I spent such a large amount on my dress and my entire bridal party spent money--I often thought about starting over with a completely different boutique. It took a lot of coaxing from my family to continue doing business with a company that would employ a worker as poorly motivated at Elaine.

Sent on 10/05/2012

2.4
      2.5

I was married a few months ago, and the dress was the first thing I found that started my wedding planning process. The owner, Denise is wonderful. She was my consultant and I found my dress after trying on maybe 4. Loved my dress. It was a little plain so I wanted to add a belt, very expensive, but worth it. Now comes to the tricky part. Apparently sewing the belt on the dress wasn't as easy as I had thought.the seamstress Rosa was not good. She pinned the belt on crooked, and argued with me that it was straight. I finally got her to say she would fix it before she sewed it, so I felt a little better. As I'm putting on my gown, I could tell it was a little off. The belt was centered as I had wished, but it was still crooked! And that was all I could look at. I obsessed over it while getting ready, and it really ruined that process. Something so simple should have been perfect.rosa also altered my bridesmaids dresses, who ALL had issues. As well as my mother, aunt and grandmother. This isn't something you want to deal with coming up to your wedding date. I wish we took the dresses elsewhere. It was expensive too. My dress fit perfect, she trimmed, with scissors, about a quarter of an inch off the bottom of my dress (netting) and it was $250!! That and a crooked belt is what I paid for! I feel badly because everyone else was great at the bridal salon, but I can't recommend you to get anything fitted or altered there. Also, I know my dress that cost thousands of dollars came in a nice dress bag. It had to! And I was given it in a cheesy pink paper like garment bag. Obviously not the bag it came in! That was pretty upsetting as well. Also, my veil was cathedral style, and it took my family an entire hour to try and bustle it. And I hated it!!! We were later told the seamstress is supposed to make loops for you so it is simple to do. They gave us 2 huge pins to work with. I wish I didn't buy the veil at all because it was such a hassle.

Sent on 09/10/2013

megan · Married on 07/19/2008

2.4
      1.0
      3.0

Nice quaint smaller wedding boutique. The first two times I went in, the staff must have been in the back room. Although I heard a bell when I walked through the door, no one ever came out to help me on either occasion. I had my eye on a dress, so I kept coming back, and on my third visit someone happened to walk out and seemed surprised to see me standing there. She said they hadn't heard the bell. Found the dress I liked, and it needed a little bit of alteration. Their alterations seemed pricey, but it turned out great. My dress ended up being on sale, so that was good. I had a pretty good experience with them.

Sent on 06/09/2009

Tami · Married on 02/25/2017

1.2
      0.5

Let me start off by saying - I don't normally give bad reviews and I am not that hard to please however - I would highly suggest not walking but running away from here....you may have some positives throughout the experience but the stress is not worth it - if you find a dress you love her - order it somewhere else...More problems than I have characters allowed to write this review.

Poor communication - didn't get my dress until week before my wedding and the alternations that they make sure pay for there - were horrible - I had to take it to another tailor to fix my dress - don't bother

Sent on 03/19/2017

Amy · Married on 10/17/2015

1.2
      0.5

Terrible customer service. They took my measurements over the phone and ordered a size 12 dress for me. I am normally a size 6. They refused accept any responsibility or exchange to order a new size. Good thing I have my own sewing machine.

Sent on 07/29/2015

Bridals by D's reply:

This customer never walked into Bridals by D. She measured herself and expects a new dress. As every bridal shop does, we follow the designers chart and order accordingly. We didn't measure tbis customer so it is her responsiblity to get measured correctly.

0.0

This is the WORST bridal shop in Buffalo. I had been to several shops before going to Bridal by D so by the time I went there I had a good idea of what I was looking for. My consultant was Denise who is also the owner. She asked what kind of dress I liked and I told her fit and flare with lace. She showed me a couple that looked ok but definitely not exactly what I wanted. I said I didn't like a few and she got mad that I didn't like them and demanded I try them on. I didn't want to because I knew at this point which silhouette I wanted but she made me put them on anyways. None of the dresses seemed to be of high quality. They looked cheap but I'm sure they were not. As I was trying on gowns Denise insulted my body several times saying how I didn't look good in fit and flare and that she couldn't even get them on me. I'm not big by any means but I have an hourglass figure. I also have extremely poor self confidence so I felt like crying when she said that but tried to shrug it off. She put me in a ball gown which I did not want and I told her that I didn't like it because I wanted a slim silhouette. She then told me in a poor attitude that we were done here, I must have already found my gown somewhere else. I was shocked as we were only 30 minutes into my 1 hr and a half appointment and she was basically kicking us out. She asked what my favorite dress at the other shop looked like. I explained if as a fit and flare with lace and she made one more jab at me as we we're leaving. She said "well your body doesn't look good in the fit and flare and the others looked better on you" So rude!!! No girl should leave a bridal shop in tears but I certainly did. Don't go to Bridal by D Save yourself the time of endless insults and go to other local bridal salons that will make you feel special and have quality gowns.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Bridals by D's reply:

I am sad that a bride would write such a review. It is our intention to be honest and not try to sell a bride any dress. Winning Wedding Wires Brides Choice Award 3 years in a row , proves we are doing things right. Reviews are a tough forum. I am sorry this particular bride felt strongly enough to write such a review. I wish her the best with her vendors . D

jessica · Married on 06/12/2015

0.0

"If I refunded every customer who decided they didn't like their dress, as a small business owner I would be out of business quickly." -Bridals by D. We recently had a horrible experience with Bridals by D in Williamsville where, long story short, my mother ordered a dress for my wedding that the manufacturer had in the warehouse and when it came in it was a totally different color (bright gold vs champagne) and the dress itself didn't look like the picture. After several attempts to try and return, the owner refused to let us return the dress. She treated us very poorly and I do not want this to happen to anyone else!

Sent on 05/11/2015

0.0

This store is absolutely awful! Horrible customer service, overpriced dresses, and incredibly rude store owner. Go somewhere else ladies, spare yourself from having to deal with these people

Sent on 05/11/2015

Bridals by D's reply:

If you are not going to leave ypur name than you should not have the right to leave such an awful review!