Bridal Beauty By Michelle Reviews

29 | Brooklyn, NY

29 Reviews for Bridal Beauty By Michelle

29 Bridal Beauty By Michelle Reviews

Cassandra · Married on 10/20/2018

Michelle was an absolute pleasure to work with! She made me feel comfortable and beautiful in my own skin, and her make up was absolutely flawless. It stayed on all day, even through dancing the night away! She was so great to work with: easy going, professional, on time, charismatic (especially since I was so stressed!) and her make up application made me look and feel like a million bucks. I can't say enough wonderful things about Michelle. I would whole heartedly recommend her to everyone. I would love her to do my makeup for a special event too.

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you so much, Cassandra! You were a dream to work with and I loved getting to work with you. All the best to you and much happiness in your new life!

Melissa · Married on 03/15/2018

If you are looking for a makeup artist for your special event, look no further. I had the pleasure of working with Michelle for my wedding. She is absolutely fabulous and I highly recommended her services to anyone looking for a makeup artist on their wedding day/special event. I don’t typically wear a lot of makeup, and I was going for a more “natural” look for my wedding. Prior to finding Michelle I had gone through several different trials with other makeup artists and explained this to them, but the end result was never quite what I was looking for. Michelle 100% got it. Her work made me feel like myself, but just a bit more “glamorous.” She also did my mother and sister’s makeup, and they loved her as well. Furthermore, Michelle was highly professional but also so much fun to work with! She made me feel at ease throughout the entire process. She was always on time, quick to respond to emails, and most certainly is a master at her craft. Highly recommend her!!

Sent on 03/19/2018

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you so much Melissa! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed working with you! I wish you all the best and I hope that we can work together again in the future!

Gillian · Married on 12/31/2017

I got married on New Years Eve in New York City. Michelle did an awesome job with everyone's make up. She made me look festive but by no means over the top. There were girls who wanted a little more color and those who wanted to be more subtle. My bridesmaids looked fresh and fun and the mothers looked lovely and mature, without looking too made up. She helped accomodate every single one of my ladies wishes. If that's not enough, I had one bridesmiad who had a terrible experience with Air Brushing who told me she refused to have it done for my wedding. Michelle not only told her it would look fine, but did a beautiful job and converted my friend into a beliver. If you're looking for a calming force on your day who's mean with a make-up brush look no further!! Thank you Michelle for everything!

• Q

Quinn · Married on 08/27/2016

Michelle was a dream to work with! I remember seeing her work on a blog, and I knew I wanted her to do my makeup for my wedding. Michelle far exceeded my high expectations. I did a trial with her for my engagement shoot, and she really understood the look I was trying to achieve. On my wedding day, Michelle showed up early with her assistant and they were spectacular. I've never felt as beautiful as I did on my wedding day. I truly felt like the most beautiful and glamorous version of my myself, which is exactly what I wanted. She was so easy to work with and my mom, grandma, bridesmaids, and flower girls all looked stunning. We even finished getting ready ahead of schedule! I felt so calm as she was doing my makeup, which is a real testament to her awesome demeanor. Michelle really knows how to bring out the best in everyone, and I'd hire her all over again (and maybe I will if I ever have a nice event to go to). I cannot say enough positive things about Michelle, and I wish she could do my makeup everyday!!

Sent on 03/03/2017

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you so much Quinn! You and your whole party were a dream to work with and I do hope we can work together again in the future!!

Amanda · Married on 05/14/2016

Makeup was one of the easiest parts of the wedding with Michelle. I was looking for a natural but beautiful look and she made me look wonderful. In addition my mother had fallen a week before the wedding and had stitches in her chin, but with Michelle's airbrush technique no one could see a thing. I'd recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 08/08/2016

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda! It was great working with you and your bridal party!

Michelle is a fabulous makeup artist! She did the makeup for me, my mom, and my sister at both my wedding and my older sister's wedding. In fact, I was so impressed with how she did our makeup at my sisters wedding that I contacted her immediately after I got engaged and was thrilled to find out that she was available to do the makeup at my wedding as well. Her makeup is very natural and she is both professional and very personable. I can't speak highly enough about her!

Sent on 01/03/2016

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you so much Rebecca! It was such a pleasure to do the makeup for your wedding and your sister's wedding! I wish you both the best!!

Ali · Married on 09/12/2015

Michelle was an absolute dream come true! My wedding fell in the middle of NY Fashion week and after being turned down by a few vendors, Michelle graciously offered to make the timing work for my wedding. SHE IS AN ANGEL! She was incredibly flexible working with me on the trials, and OUTRAGEOUSLY talented. I looked like the best version of myself, and that makeup didn't budge - even after a rainy, sweaty, dance party of a wedding. On the day of the wedding she was right on time, and finished my mom, 6 bridesmaids and myself with time to spare. My wedding planners were floored! Importantly, she has a grounded, calm, and serene energy - exactly the person you want with you on the morning of your Big Day. I can't recommend her enough - I LOVE MICHELLE!

Sent on 10/09/2015

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you so much Ali! You and your bridal party were a dream to work with from start to finish! I hope that we can work together again in the future!

Juliette · Married on 09/05/2015

Michelle is truly an artist and a professional! She will make you look and feel like your most beautiful self on your special day. My family, bridal party and I loved working with her. I was 'wowed' all over again when I received my wedding photos. Thank you Michelle!

Michelle was amazing. I don't usually wear a lot of make up, and I was looking for a natural look for my wedding that would be easy to wear but still really pop in the photos. Michelle was easy to work with (my mom said she really appreciated Michelle's calming presence while we were getting ready), and she really helped me achieve my desired look. My make up stayed on all afternoon and evening (from ~12pm application until I took it off at 2am), surviving both tears during the ceremony and some pretty intense dancing during the reception. And everything came off clean when I removed it at the end of the evening. Thanks, Michelle!

Michelle Coursey gets my highest endorsement. She did my makeup for my wedding in Brooklyn in August and my entire experience with her was excellent.

Michelle knows her stuff through and through. She is also sensitive, calm, and a very skilled listener. At my trial it quickly became clear to me that she would be able to deliver on whatever I requested. By talking to me about my dress and the feel of the wedding, she was able to help me identify a look that fit. She asked insightful questions and was able to help guide me to the natural, fresh look that I wanted. I looked just like myself, but more polished, rested and bright.

I was grateful to have Michelle with me on my wedding day. Getting ready as the bride was a bit nerve racking. Her exceptional skill and her steady disposition were totally calming to me. Also, the wedding involved a lot of humidity, rain and sweaty dancing. My makeup stayed put without looking heavy the entire night; a marvel. It also photographed beautifully. Notably, Michelle was a better value than many other artists of her caliber who I considered, and was absolutely worth the expense. Hiring her gave me peace of mind that my makeup would be beautiful and stay that way on a day where peace on mind mattered. I am lucky to have found her.

B · Married on 08/23/2014

Michelle did my makeup as well as my bridesmaids makeup for my wedding. She did such an exceptional job we were all so pleased with our makeup! We also enjoyed spending the morning with her! I had trials with more than one makeup artist as I was very picky and wanted my makeup to look natural. Michelle nailed it, I felt like myself just an enhanced version :) All of our makeup looked great in photos AND in person.
    She was on time and extremely flexible when another girl had decided last minute that she wanted to get her makeup done as well. Don't think twice Michelle is very professional and does fantastic work!

Michelle was my makeup artist for my wedding, and did such a wonderful job with me and all the girls. Not only does she use high quality and natural products, but she also is so skilled and helped us all look and feel beautiful the entire day. She was very patient with me as I explained my sensitive skin issues, and also did such a great job helping me achieve the overall look I wanted for my wedding - natural yet sophisticated. Another plus about Michelle is that she is so professional throughout the whole process - she is responsive, direct and responsible, and also so friendly and down to earth. I also really appreciate the time she spent with each of us, and also on the finishing touches. All the girls absolutely loved the job she did for them as well. She contributed so much to my wonderful wedding experience, and I am very lucky to have found her!

Sent on 07/05/2014

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you so much! I'm so happy to hear that you were happy with everything and that your wedding was wonderful!

Joanna · Married on 10/19/2013

What can I say about Michelle? Only fantastic things! In my search for a makeup artist, I had originally gone through so many other makeup artists websites/portfolios, but nothing ever really struck a cord with me. All of their pics showed brides who either looked like they were not wearing any makeup or like they had just done the makeup themselves (and not in a good way...). When a well-known hair stylist recommended Michelle to me, naturally I had to "screen" her via her websites. I found her portfolios to show breathtaking makeup artistry! She apparently had a couple of websites - one for professional stuff I guess and one for her bridal business. I was SO impressed that I had no problem splurging on her, despite my having a very low budget.

During my trial, I told her what I wanted, showed her a couple of pics and she completely nailed it on the first try. I'm really not that easy to please, either. On the day of the wedding, she was on time and did my makeup as well as my mother's and one of my bridesmaids. Michelle was definitely a cool, calming force that day when I was being a bit of a bridezilla about other issues I was having. She was very sweet and sociable. My mother, who is a tough older lady and who typically wears the same lipstick (um, literally the same tube) for the past 15 years looked absolutely radiant and loved her makeup. I had the airbrushed makeup and this lasted for the entire day and night (over 12 hours). I never felt more beautiful.

My wedding was a blast. Planning it was crazy stressful and hectic. Meeting with Michelle and having her do my makeup was a no-brainer and very stress-free. I'm quite sure this will not be the last time I ask her to do my makeup for an event.

Sent on 11/07/2013

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

It really was such a pleasure working with you Joanna! You were spec fun to work with and I hope we get to work together again in the future for another event!

Cathleen · Married on 09/07/2013

I worked with Michelle twice. Once at my sister's wedding and then again at mine. She did such a great job both times on all of us. We looked natural and not too done up, but perfect for our wedding days. I would recommend Michelle to anyone getting married!

Sent on 11/08/2013

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you Cathleen! It was great getting to work with your family twice! Best of luck to you and yours!

Kelly · Married on 08/24/2013

Michelle did makeup on three women who do not usually wear a lot of makeup. We loved how she made us look, and my makeup stayed on throughout my wedding night. Michelle is a really lovely person, I felt a connection with her and loved working with her -- plus she was an incredibly calming presence on the hectic wedding morning. She is very patient, kind, and easy to work with. Her work is great, and she is very professional. She accommodated our specific makeup requests and did a phenomenal job. I would highly recommend her.

Sent on 09/09/2013

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you so much Kelly! You and everyone in your bridal party were just wonderful to work with! Best of luck!!

I had a wonderful experience with Michelle. She was personable, professional but also flexible. My make-up was beautiful and looked just as good at the end of the night as it did at the beginning. She was also accomodating with a few of my friends and family members who made some last minute requests. I hope to have another event soon and hire Michelle because it was so much fun!

Lindsay · Married on 05/18/2013

Michelle did my makeup for my wedding and did a spectacular job. Not only is she sweet and easy to work with, but she is a consummate professional. We did a trial, which offered peace of mind for both of us before the big day. Michelle listened closely to what I wanted and made sure I was happy with the final result.

In the end, my makeup looked lovely and was exactly what wanted--natural, but bringing out my best features with a bit of color. Michelle recommended using individual false lashes and even though I had some reservations, even my own mother and my highly experienced hair stylist couldn't tell whether they were my own lashes or fake. Most importantly, I feel like I will look back at my wedding pictures and I will think that I look like myself. I highly recommend Michelle!

Jocelyn · Married on 05/05/2013

Michelle did my make-up for my wedding and her work definitely surpassed all of my expectations. I have NEVER looked better and definitely have never looked so great in photographs (and it wasn’t the photography that worked the magic because I haven’t even seen my professional wedding pics yet). When it comes to aesthetics I am quite picky (I am a designer) so the fact that I am pleased says a lot!

Let me start with the trial: She was super nice, down to earth, took her time and most importantly, understood exactly what I wanted from just a few beauty images I had collected on my ipad. I am no pro when it comes to make-up so I couldn’t really explain what I wanted, but she nailed it. Definitely let her do her thing though-she is a pro at accentuating all of your assets and has really great taste so you don’t have to worry about looking too done up or fake. Her method for foundation is airbrush, which is incredible (lasts all night and looks better as the hours go by which is a huge plus).

The day of: She was prompt, relaxed, came prepared with a light just in case my hotel room was dark. She was so nice and kept me calm. I had emailed her after my trial and told her I hadn’t liked the lip, and that I wanted it to be more natural, and she listened and picked the perfect shade. Even though I had been very happy with my trial, her work blew me away the day of my wedding. It looked even better than my trial had- maybe because she had more time to absorb the inspiration images I had given her and tweak her “first draft” of my face, or maybe because she really puts those perfect finishing touches on the day of your event. It looked so glowing and natural, tasteful and chic. I received so many compliments and even my husband liked it (you know how guys normally hate make-up)

To sum it up, I love love love Michelle, she is worth every penny, and I may just invent an occasion to get my make-up done again! HIGHLY recommend!

Megan · Married on 12/29/2012

Michelle is not only as professional as they come but a true sweetheart to boot! My bridesmaids are still raving about how much they loved their makeup for my December wedding and I had do many compliments from friends throughout our big day. As if the end result weren't enough, Michelle was so easy to work with and her calm efficiency throughout the morning helped to calm my jitters. A real diamond in the rough, I'd highly recommend Michelle to anyone needing bridal beauty. Thanks, Michelle!!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thanks so much Megan! I really enjoyed working with you and your family and friends!

I looked and felt truly beautiful on my wedding day and owe much of that to Michelle! Not only did I look stunning, the makeup lasted all day and all night. Moreover, Michelle was very responsive and was super easy to work with throughout the process. Her makeup application was gentle and even soothing. I will definitely be recommending her to my engaged friends!

Sent on 12/16/2012

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you so much Olga! I really enjoyed working with you! You looked so very beautiful on your wedding day!

Lin · Married on 09/29/2012

I felt so pretty on wedding day. It was such peace of mind to have Michelle there. She listened to what I wanted and delivered on it. :) my husband was so happy I didn't have caked on makeup and looked myself but elevated. She's a great makeup artist. Also is a huge plus that she uses cruelty free airbrush makeup. No animal testing at all. I have sensitiv skin and the makeup was great for me. I would go to get again for makeup for sure.

Sent on 10/21/2012

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you Lin! So happy you were happy with your makeup and the experience! Best of luck to you!

Laura · Married on 10/14/2011

Having Michelle do my makeup was such a wonderful experience! She is truly phenomenal!

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you so much, Laura! you were a delight to work with as well and it was great working on such a lovely face! You're so sweet!

Judith · Married on 10/10/2010

Michelle has an eye for bringing out the best in a person. She has a keen sense of style and flawless execution. That’s why I wouldn’t have left my face in the hands of anyone else on my wedding day. Michelle takes her job extremely seriously and is a true professional. She keeps up on the latest looks and techniques, and continually builds on her expertise.

Most brides fear that their trial make-up application will not be the same look on their wedding day, but Michelle takes copious notes and understands the importance on following through on what the bride
    approved. What I appreciated most was Michelle’s ability to translate my vision into a “wow” moment. I looked stunning, felt confident and now have amazing photos to last a lifetime. I would recommend Michelle in a heartbeat. She is the perfect blend of runway style and personal touch.

Sent on 06/11/2012

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you so much Judith! You were so wonderful to work with and getting to work with you on your special day was a pleasure and an honor!

Caroline · Married on 09/18/2010

Michelle was amazing! She did my makeup, my four bridesmaids and my mom. Everyone looked fantastic and Michelle was a pleasure to work with. I highly reccomend her!

Sent on 07/09/2012

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you Caroline! You and your family were so much fun to work with and I LOVE the pictures from your wedding!

Ashley · Married on 10/08/2006

Michelle is hands down the best makeup artist I have ever worked with. She was a delight to work with, and my makeup stayed on all afternoon and evening, despite it being a horrendously hot day. Her airbrushed foundation magically covered my flaws without feeling at all heavy. Michelle has amazing personal style and excellent taste so whatever style you are hoping to achieve, she’ll make you look great. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist.

Bridal Beauty By Michelle's reply:

Thank you Ashley! I'm so glad you were happy with the makeup and its stayed so well! It was great working with you!