Bridal Artistry Reviews

229 | Washington, DC

229 Reviews for Bridal Artistry

G · Married on 11/12/2010

Bridal Artistry saved the day! I normally do not wear a lot of makeup, and thought that this would be something I would do myself on the day of. But, at the sage advice of my wedding planner, I reached out to Barbara at Bridal Artistry and she transformed me into a beautiful bride, even maintaining my (requested) "natural" look. Easily the best money I spent for the wedding, and Barbara is so easy to work with. I reached out to her the week before and she was able to come to my suite the day of and take care of me! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Amy · Married on 10/23/2010

Barbara and Ky were amazing. My bridal party and I were so pleased with their work. I would highly recommend anytime!

Sent on 10/25/2010

Marianne · Married on 10/23/2010

Sonia made me look moor beautiful than I ever thought possible. She's a great value and wonderful to work with. Thank you, sonia

Sent on 11/16/2010
  • VintageBride

Amber · Married on 10/16/2010

Barbara and Ky were awesome!!! My bridesmaids and mother looked gorgeous and I was so happy with my wedding day hair and make-up. I have never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day, thanks to Barbara and Ky, and the best part was that I still looked like me. It was so much fun to have them come to our location and it took all of the stress out of everything to not have to travel to and from the salon, etc. Completely worth every penny and I would recommend Bridal Artistry to every bride in this area!

Sent on 10/23/2010

Cari · Married on 09/18/2010

Barbara (owner/make-up) and Ky (hair) were utterly fantastic! I showed up for my trial completely clueless about what I wanted and with their expertise, experience and patience they shaped the look for my wedding day. I had pretty short hair at the time and when it had grown enough that I thought just maybe an up-do would be possible Ky was kind enough to do a second trial for my hair and she worked her magic again.

On our wedding day I was relaxed and calm knowing that I was in the hands of such professionals. I was so happy with my decision to go with on-site services - having them come to us took so much stress out of the day and we made quite a party around them! They made me feel like a princess and when I look over our photos I know that they really made me look like one!

Sent on 10/13/2010

Lindsey · Married on 08/21/2010

Barbara (the owner) and Ky are simply fantastic. When I showed up for my hair and make-up trial, I had no idea what I wanted for the big day. Barbara (make-up) and Ky (hair) made me feel at ease and asked insightful questions about my dress, venue, and personality. From my answers they created looks for my wedding that I felt truely reflected my personal style. On the day of my wedding Ky also did hair for my mother and bridesmaids. Everyone looked stunning. My wedding was in late August and despite the heat and hours of dancing, my make-up and hair still looked fresh and perfect at the end of the evening. Best of all, the make-up Barbara used didn't break-out or cause stress to my sensitive skin. I highly recomment Barbara and her team!

Sent on 09/14/2010

Angela · Married on 08/14/2010

I used Ky (hair) and Barbara (make-up) for my wedding day. Three of us (me, mother of the bride and maid of honor) got our make-up done, and Ky did hair for 5 bridesmaids and my mother and I. Both of them were on-time and traveled to my house in Rockville, MD. We had to start early in the morning as my wedding ceremony was at 2PM in Washington, D.C. All of my bridesmaids were obsessed with their hair and received compliments all night long! Both Ky and Barbara were very professional, but at the same time fun to work with and calming! Barbara does make-up extremely well and will consult with you about what she thinks will make you look the best. My make-up looked so natural and the best make-up job I have ever had. I would recommend them 100%!!!

Sent on 08/25/2010

Kim · Married on 08/08/2010

Barbara was wonderful - very kind, quick to respond to my emails, patient, helpful.

Sent on 08/24/2010

Gail · Married on 07/24/2010

Bridal Artistry did all the makeup for my daughter's wedding. 7 girls. Barbara Hill is amazing. So talented, extremely patient and fun to have as part of the bridal preparations. Everyone was thrilled with the results and so happy to look natural, not artificial . She knows just how to enhance your personal beauty. Perhaps most amazing, all the girls commented late in the evening, after a long day at an outdoor wedding with over 100 degree weather, -- how their makeup stay perfectly, no running, no caking. All were saying they wished they could do the same. We could not have asked for more from a makeup artist. Barbara is a true gem.

Sent on 08/01/2010

Beth · Married on 07/17/2010

I cannot tell you how happy I was with my makeup! Barbara did any absolutely fabulous job. The makeup photographed so well...she definitely knows what she is doing. She also did a great job with my my mom and my mother-in-law. Moreover, she came to the rescue while my mother was having a break-down over her hair. I called Barbara up just 2 hours before she was scheduled to arrive at the hotel. Barbara then brought one of her hairstylists with her who re-styled my mom's hair. She really did save the day!

Sent on 08/11/2010

Andrea · Married on 06/19/2010

Everyone in the bridal party looked so beautiful, and the Bridal Artistry team made getting ready a fun process!

Sent on 07/19/2010
  • I

Irene · Married on 04/10/2010

I can't say enough good things about Bridal Artistry. Barbara (makeup) and Ky (hair) worked their magic to make me look my best on my wedding day and the photos were proof of that! From the hair and makeup trial to the big day, they were both very responsive to all my email questions and gave me good advice on what colors and styles worked on me. And having them come to do my hair at the wedding site made it all the more easier for me and my wedding party on the big day which was well worth it.

Sent on 04/27/2010

Lisa · Married on 12/31/2009

Barbara from Bridal Artistry did my makeup along with my two sisters and my mother for my New Years Eve wedding. Barbara was an absolute pleasure to work with from the first phone call. At the makeup trial, Barbara designed a look that played up my natural features, but that still made me look like me. Initially my mom wasn't going to have her makeup professionally done, but when she saw the pictures from my trial, my mom wanted Barbara to do her makeup too! Barbara was very flexible with me - adding my mom to the appointment. All of our makeup turned out beautifully. My sisters looked amazing - natural and radiant. My mom and I looked amazing as well! My makeup lasted all night with just a couple of lip and powder touchups after eating. My makeup photographed beautifully too. I wholeheartedly recommend Barbara to any bride in the DC area - she was a pleasure to work with from beginning to end!

Sent on 02/07/2010

Jennifer · Married on 12/19/2009

I can only sing praises for Barbara and Ky from Bridal Artistry. My wedding day was December 19, 2009, the day that the largest snow storm in December history hit the Washington, DC area.

I had scheduled Ky to be at my hotel in Old Town Alexandria at 6:45 am and Barabara at 8:00 am. Well to say the least I was super stressed that the snow would affect my vendors...and it did! But Ky was there bright and early at 6:45! She had taken it upon herself to stay at a nearby hotel so that she could get to the hotel on time to start with everyone's hair. Barbara also a couple of hours later showed up right on time and they both truly helped me get through the day!

I would hands down recommend them for bridal hair and makeup any day! You truly would not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/20/2010

Tiffany · Married on 10/03/2009

Bridal Artistry/Barbara is ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL! Barbara did my make-up for my wedding; she is very talented and did a fantastic job. She did exactly what I asked for in creating a natural, enhanced bridal look. I received so many compliments on my make-up at my wedding. Also, her hairstylist Jacinda did a terrific job on my hair. They are a fun and talented and great company on such a special day. I highly recommend both of them. Also, do a trial run and bring pictures, it is worth the cost and it helps them to create the look you want. I had the best make-up and hair team for my wedding!

Sent on 10/19/2009

Jeffrey · Married on 09/24/2009

I was very impressed with the level of service I received from Barbara and her team I loved the way my wedding day makeup looked! I told her I wanted a very natural look but also something a little special since I would be taking tons of pictures that day and she really captured the loom I wanted. Ky did my hair which turned out beautifully and my bridesmaids hair turned out perfect as well. Sonia did my moms hair the week before the wedding and she loved it! I was very happy with the price of the hair/makeup it really for well into my budget and I would recommend Barbara, Ky, Sonia and the whole Bridal Artistry team to all my friends and family! Thanks so much for the wonderful job you did for me to make sure my wedding day look was flawless!!

Sent on 05/31/2010

Kathy · Married on 08/22/2009

I looked at about 8 makeup artists before selecting Bridal Artistry. I called the owner, Barbara, to inquire about her availability and she got back to me the same day. She was very pleasant on the phone and said she would be available to do my makeup herself, and I quickly scheduled a hair and makeup trial at her home. She asked me to come for my appointment with an idea of the style of makeup I wanted and some pictures of bridal hairstyles I liked. She spent about an hour or so doing my makeup in front of her picture window that gets good, natural light, and she wrote down all the products she used on a sheet of paper with a face on it, so she would have a reminder the day of the wedding. I have pretty good skin on the whole, but it is a little thin, I have some sun damage on my forehead, I have blue veins that show around my eyes, and the skin around my eyes is also a little concave. However, Barbara did a great job of making my complexion look great and hiding all the flaws.

When Barbara was finished, the hairstylist, Sonia Kasbarian, went to work on my hair. I was worried about how my hair would look for my wedding, as it is rather thin and very flat, and I wasn't sure how much anyone would be able to do with it to make it look good, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Apparently, the right techniques, equipment, loads of bobbypins, and products can make a huge difference! Sonia probably spent an hour and a half doing my hair, and we got it fairly close to the pictures of hairstyles I had brought in. It was a half-up, half-down style with a crown of curls on top with a good amount of body and looser curls down my back. The curls looked a bit tight at first, but hair and makeup is usually done several hours before the wedding, and it did indeed loosen up after a few hours, while the makeup stayed on and looking good until I washed it off around 10 hours after the application. My hair retained curls through the next day. Barbara took some pictures of the final result, and I took some pictures with my own camera, which I then e-mailed back to both of them later as the template for my wedding day.

I was so pleased with the results I got that I went back to Sonia a week later to do both hair and makeup for my engagement photo shoot(; Barbara was not available). I wanted a more natural, everyday look for the engagement shoot, and Sonia did a really fabulous job with both hair and makeup. (My fiance commented that I should go back and get a lesson from Sonia on how she did it, so I could do it myself, and I will probably do that, although I haven't had time yet.) I went back to Sonia once more before the wedding to get her to do my hair for the wedding rehearsal and dinner as well.

The wedding day went very smoothly in terms of hair and makeup. Sonia showed up at my hotel at around 1 pm to do hair for the 6 pm ceremony for me. It took her about an hour, and since it was raining the day of my wedding, we switched my hair style at the last minute, and decided to put it up, and I actually think I liked it better up than the original style; it was very elegant. Next Barbara showed up to do my makeup, while Sonia did two of the bridesmaids' hair. Barbara worked on me for about an hour, then went on her way, leaving me with a powder compact (that stuff is great! I've been using it every day.), some lip color and a disposable lipbrush, and a gold lip gloss for some drama later in the evening. Sonia finished up with the two bridesmaids, who took about 30-45 minutes each, and she placed my veil and secured it so it wouldn't move. Everything turned out great, and we all looked beautiful!

I paid $450 total for the hair and makeup trial plus the wedding day services. The trial was $190 on its own, and some people opt not to do a trial, but I personally am really glad that I did one, so I knew what to expect and didn't have to worry about a hair/makeup disaster on my wedding day, when there is no time for a do-over if you don't like the look you end up with. The bridesmaids paid $85 each for their hair. Sonia gave me a discount when I went back to her for the engagement shoot/rehearsal dinner hair and makeup; I think she only charged me $130, so that was a bit cheaper. And of course, we all gave them nice tips. Highly recommended! Everyone said I looked beautiful, and the photographs came out wonderfully!

One note: hair/makeup artists will often take multiple appointments on a day, so be sure to ask if there are other people booked the day of your wedding. It isn't necessarily a problem, and Barbara/Sonia had appointments in the morning with another bride the day of my wedding, but I preferred having the later appointment rather than the earlier one. I didn't want my stylists to be in a hurry to get me done, because they had to go to the next appointment.

Sent on 09/25/2009
  • F

Francessca · Married on 08/01/2009

Shaune Hayes from Bridal Artistry is a gift from the beauty consulting angels. I found Bridal Artistry here through Wedding Wire and contacted Barbara. She put me in touch with Shaune and it was makeup beauty at first site. Her work and artistry was phenomenal, she was extremely pleasant to work with, and my bridal party and I looked fabulous when she was finished.

Shaune really did a nice job at my consultation so there was no question that we needed her for the big day. I highly recommend all brides get their makeup professionally done. Shaune - you are so talented and I've never felt more beautiful. The makeup blended well and lasted the entire night.

Kudos to you and Barbara for making our party look like the dream team. We had a very diverse wedding party and you did a fantastic job.

Sent on 09/02/2009

Soo · Married on 06/20/2009

I chose Barbara because her value was excellent and she was very responsive to my inquiries. I was a little apprehensive though because I thought maybe I should pay more to get a better service. But I had nothing to worry about!

She's not only a nice person to work with but she's amazing. The make up lasted the entire day and night! She was also really good at listening to what I wanted and balancing it with her professional expertise so that I looked beautiful and perfect for the wedding.

I would recommend her to anyone looking for an affordable make-up artist who is also great at what she does.

Sent on 07/24/2009

Amber · Married on 06/03/2009

They were not only true professionals but my support system that kept me sane when all of my bridesmaids and my mother were not around because they were dealing with other vendors that had cancelled! I cannot thank them enough because they are one of the reasons my photographs turned out so well!I don't wear a lot of make up in my everyday life, and she made me look natural while still giving me that extra something for my wedding day. She was willing to come out to the ceremony site, and did all my bridesmaids as well. They all looked great! Barbara was very responsive to any email I sent her, and did exactly what I wanted! I would highly recommend her services.

Sent on 05/19/2010

Danielle · Married on 05/30/2009

Maria Pia did my make up and it looked great! She was flexible at the trial and then even did a short second trial to try another foundation (because I do not usually wear it). She was great!

Sent on 06/08/2009

Kate · Married on 05/24/2009

I was very happy with Barbara (makeup) and Sonia (Hair). They went out of their way to accomodate my busy schedule for my hair and makeup trial. I was thrilled with both my trial and my wedding day look. They also worked with a number of my bridesmaids, and were as flexible as possible when people decided to add services close to the wedding day. My mom never wears makeup but wanted something special for the wedding and Barbara did a wonderful job with her. They were very punctual--early even!--cheerful and calm. Thank you!

Sent on 06/10/2009
  • Smooth As Silk

Barbara · Married on 05/09/2009

Barbara was wonderful. Not only is she a great makeup artist, she's a person that helps to start your wedding day off with fun and beauty. Barbara worked with my three bridesmaids and adjusted the makeup according to how they would normally were it. None of them wore a lot of makeup normally, so Barbara had them looking beautifully natural. As for me, I received compliments all day about my makeup. She made me look simply beautiful. I felt wonderful and relaxed after she finished with me. It's amazing how well Barbara worked with all of the commotion that went on in the house. She worked well with the hair stylist, the videographer and the photographer. Barbara definitely started my day off beautifully.

Sent on 05/26/2009

Chelsea · Married on 02/14/2009

Sent on 01/20/2010

Jackie · Married on 01/31/2009

Barb and I met a few years ago and have been working together even since. Some of my brides have told me that they want to do their own make-up on wedding day, but were convinced otherwise once sitting down with Barb! The make-up she uses and the team she has are priceless. On my wedding I was 4 month pregnant and my "glowing" (read: baby breakouts) were, unfortunately, still apparent. I don't know which wand she waved, but she definitely worked nothing short of a miracle! In my ony a few of my photos can you even tell that I had a few blemishes - and those were SUPER close-ups. My face looked flawless, and so did my maids' faces. Hiring Barb is the best investment for a stress-free day!!

Sent on 02/12/2009