Bridal Artistry Reviews

227 | Washington, DC

227 Reviews for Bridal Artistry

Leeann · Married on 06/23/2012

I worked with Ky and Mandy for my trials and on the big day. They were wonderful! I changed my mind on my hairstyle and makeup last minute and they were were so amazing about it. Very professional and made the "getting ready" with all my girls such a fun time. And everyone looked beautiful!

Sent on 03/07/2013

Kimberly · Married on 06/16/2012

Jacinda from Bridal Artistry did my wedding day hair and she was great. I had to reschedule our consultation about 3 times and she was flexible with all my changes. When we finally had our consultation, we did it in her really nice home studio. I've been to some of the studios in people's houses and her was a serious step above the rest. Her at home studio was the prototype for what all at home hair studios should be; clean, well lit with natural light, feminine yet not too girly, professional, and quiet. We tried out about 4 hairstyles and they were all really great options. Jacinda took pictures and sent them all to me for me to ponder and review. It couldn't have been easier to work with her.

My wedding day came and she and her partner got to me and all of my bridesmaids done on time. All of our hairstyles turned out phenomenal. We all had different styles and she was able to execute them all to perfection. I swear we all looked like royalty after Jacinda got through with us! Not only would I recommend using Jacinda and Bridal Artistry in the future, I plan to use her for my future formal events.

Sent on 07/05/2012
  • OnlyMrsForster

Tiffany · Married on 06/09/2012

Barbara Hill, the owner of Bridal Artistry, did my make-up, along with my mom and three bridesmaids. She come to the salon where we were getting our hair done, which was extremely convenient. She is such a nice lady, and she does fabulous, flawless make-up. It is very natural looking, but you still feel and look special. I am a make-up wearer normally, so I am very picky about my make-up, and I wanted someone that could do it better than I could do myself. Barbara was just that! And she made me and all my bridesmaids feel a little more pampered on my special day. I would definitely recommend Bridal Artistry to other brides looking for beautiful, natural make-up on their big day.

Sent on 07/06/2012

I had my hair done by Sonia, and she was absolutely amazing. My hair was so pretty and lasted the whole day, even in the humid weather. She was so helpful in helping me decide a hairstyle that was suitable to me. She told me what would suit my face and dress. She's very maticulous and is very detail oriented. You will not go wrong by choosing her as your hairstylist. I would definitely recommend her to anyone who wants beautiful hair!

Sent on 02/27/2013

Erica · Married on 05/12/2012

Suzanne was invaluable on my wedding day.
    I don't know what she did to my face on Saturday but the makeup didn't feel heavy at all and I don't think I even needed touch up with powder until 11 hours later!
    She was a great calming and happy presence on Saturday - making my maid of honor and I look and feel gorgeous and comfortable. Suzanne totally has a gift- with people and with cosmetics - I can't recommend her highly enough.
    If you want to be gorgeous- for your wedding- or any other day that you want to look stunning- call or email her!

Sent on 05/18/2012
  • Traci

Traci · Married on 05/12/2012

After a bad experience with another company, I contacted Bridal Artistry a few months before my wedding and luckily Barbara, the owner, was able to put together a team of beauty experts for me. Dawn, Stephanie, Pia, and Bree were absolutely wonderful. Everyone's hair and makeup looked great. So many wedding parties seem painted, but the Bridal Artistry team used makeup and hair to bring out and accentuate our natural features v. make us looked made up. I could not have been happier with their work and am so grateful that Barbara was able to put together such a talented team for my special day. I recommend Bridal Artistry to every bride in the DC area.

Sent on 07/22/2012

Ayesha · Married on 04/07/2012

I used Bridal Artistry for hair and make-up for my wedding and had great experience for my wedding. Both Ky (hair) and Shaune (make-up) were totally professional, helpful and proactive. They offered ideas, paid attention to details and literally made me look and feel absolutely beautiful.
    Shaune did my make-up and she did an a fantastic job. I don't normally wear make-up, so it was important to me that my make-up not be too over the top, but still be glamorous. She totally exceeded my expectations. I got nothing but compliments all night. My groom even loved my make-up on my wedding day, and normally he hates when I wear make-up. She made him a believer!
    Ky did my hair and it was just gorgeous. I wore extensions for the first time and she walked the whole process and all of my many questions with patience and kindness. She also did hair for four of my bridesmaids and they all looked amazing. Awesome job all around.

Sent on 04/13/2012

Lindsay · Married on 03/03/2012

Barbara and Ky are the best! They had 6 ladies for hair and make up on the day of our wedding and they were cool, calm and collected the entire day. They made everyone feel special and did a little something different with each person. They listened to each bridesmaid and mother as they explained their "look" and what they were comfortable with. Barbara and Ky are always fun to be around and have amazing products that can hide everything. The trial was a huge success and they took notes for the day of the wedding. On the wedding day I was able to sit back and enjoy knowing we already had a look ready for me. It was perfect and they were perfect! Thank you so much Barbara and Ky. I will recommend you to everyone!

Sent on 03/28/2012

Kristen · Married on 11/25/2011

A week before our wedding I still did not look to find anyone to do my hair. Since I normally don't do my hair- therefore I knew I was not going to do it myself for the wedding, my now husband took charge and went to find someone for me. He called Bridal Artistry and made a trial appointment for me that day. I went and met Barbara and Norma. I felt very comfortable with Norma (who did my hair) and since I had no idea what I wanted, she showed me a couple of choices. I liked them all because they all turned out so well! On my wedding day, she showed up on time and did my bridesmaids and my hair in no time at all. We all got compliments on our hair. She also helped out my make-up person with her opinion on my make-up and helped put on out fake eye lashes when we all had trouble with them for no extra charge. She also offered to help out with anything else we needed. Norma patiently waited for my sister who was running a little late. Everyone loved her and I would recommend Norma to anyone!

Sent on 01/10/2012

M · Married on 11/19/2011

I was looking for a one-stop-shop for my wedding hair and makeup and looking for someone who would come to my wedding venue for a reasonable price, and Bridal Artistry fit the bill. I worked with Ky and she is such a fun person. I did a trial at her studio months before my wedding and had a few thoughts on things I would change based on my trial, and it was not a problem at all, Ky was so accommodating. She was calm and chatty on my wedding day which was nice. My makeup was perfect, not too intense but expertly applied, and she did my hair in loose waves that held up all night and into the next day. I would recommend Ky!

Sent on 11/20/2011

Jen · Married on 10/22/2011

I contacted Bridal Artistry for a trial and wedding day make-up. Barb responded promptly and we arranged a trial session for me with make-up artist, Joanne Trimmer. Throughout the entire trial process and leading up to my wedding day, Joanne was fantastic in listening to what I wanted and my concerns, helping to educate me about what make-up she was applying, explaining how she was creating my wedding day look and working to tweak everything so I was comfortable. I was a bit indecisive and I don't usually wear a lot of makeup so Joanne made extra efforts and took time to ensure I was happy with what we were preparing to do on the day of my wedding. Joanne was professional, detailed, accessible, responsive and overall on top of everything. She ended up doing make-up for one of my bridesmaids, too, which looked fantastic, and she put on my mother's mascara. As for me, I could not be happier with the look Joanne created for my wedding day. She brought out the best in my features - my eyes, my cheeks, my lips, etc. - and made me look radiant. I knew she would but to see it come together with my hair, jewelry, gown and veil was truly amazing. I never felt I looked as good as I did on my wedding day. I am so thankful that Joanne is patient, positive and talented. Plus, Joanne helped in more ways than I anticipated on my wedding day, so let's just say...she goes the extra mile. Who wouldn't want a vendor like that to ensure a successful wedding and an absolutely beautiful bride??!!

**Be sure to request Joanne for your wedding day make-up. You will be the next satisfied customer!!**

Sent on 11/01/2011

Janel · Married on 10/22/2011

Barbara did my wedding makeup and Ky did my hair. Both did such a great job that I can't say enough good things about them. I loved my makeup and hair on my wedding day and received many compliments.

It all started with the trial in which they each took their time to understand what I wanted and what I was comfortable with, as well as offering up their own ideas and opinions.

I would use Bridal Artistry again in a heartbeat for any of my future hair/makeup needs.

Sent on 11/09/2011

Marianne · Married on 10/15/2011

What a wonderful experience we had with Barbara and her team. We had several (11) ladies to be made up the morning of the wedding and all went so smoothly thanks to Barbara's calm and professional demeanor. Everyone looked beautiful ... and make-up lasted throughout the day and evening. We are so appreciative of Barbara, her creative talent and enthusiasm ... she and her team set the tone for the wonderful day that we all experienced!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Jamie · Married on 09/10/2011

Sonia (hair) and Suzanne (makeup) were both amazing. The trial we did was great, and what they did on the day of the wedding was even better! Everyone raved about my hair and makeup. It was so nice to have them come to my hotel so there was no stress, and they were really fun! I liked the powder and lipstick for touch ups, I still use them. They also did hair and makeup for the "moms" which turned out great. I can't say thank you enough!

Sent on 10/24/2011

Lesley · Married on 09/03/2011

Bridal Artsitry did a wonderful job with my hair and make-up on my big day as well as my two bridesmaids and mother! Barbara was our make-up artist and my face has never looked so good. We had a trial run to test out the colors and on the big day everything looked perfect and wento smoothly. Ky styled our hair and did an amazing job making everybody look top notch and so unique. She was very patient with me on my big day to get it perfect for a bride that didn't have a clear vision. It looked amazing! I never felt so beautiful, thanks to Barbara and Ky!

Sent on 09/21/2011

Melinda · Married on 09/03/2011

I was fortunate enough to work with Dawn Newsome from Bridal Artistry before and on the day of my wedding. Right from the start I felt comfortable and relaxed and it was evident that I was in good hands, Dawn is a true professional! She has years of experience and it shows. Since I live in DC and have a small, not extremely well lit apartment, I was able to hold my trial session in her home studio, which was conveniently located close to my office. Dawn really worked with me to discover a look that I felt not only comfortable with but also made me feel beautiful. I was worried about not "looking like myself" on my wedding day and I was really looking for someone who did an enhanced (and more professional) look of what I typically do myself, I found that in Dawn! A few of my bridesmaids got their make-up done as well for my wedding and they all cannot stop raving about the eyelash extensions and the incredible job she did on their make-up! In fact, one of my girls is going to use her for her own wedding. Additionally, my Mom got her make-up done and she looked,and consequently felt, beautiful. That was very important to me as I knew that it was a very special day for her as well and I wanted her to feel amazing too! I had my hair and make-up done in our hotel suite with all my girls and my Mom there, Dawn and her assistant stepped right in like they were old time friends and helped to make the experience relaxed as well as memorable. I highly recommend Dawn to anyone looking for an excellent make-up experience!

Sent on 01/05/2012

Megan · Married on 07/30/2011

I hired Bridal Artistry over halfway through my planning process after plans with another local salon fell through. I emailed several vendors and Barbara was the first to respond...like, within minutes...and she was wonderfully professional in setting up my trial with Brie, for makeup, and Sonia, for hair.

Brie and Sonia were both excellent!! They had the perfect balance of listening to what we wanted to do and making decisions based on their professional experience. I have seen bridal makeup that is either too bland or too fake-looking, and bridal hair that looks like a 90's prom. Not so with these two! We all looked like chic, stunning versions of ourselves. We even got started a little late due to a parking snafu that was actually the hotel's fault. Sonia was able to call in an assistant on the fly and Brie worked at lightning speed and we were still done with plenty of time to spare!

DEFINITELY hire Bridal Artistry!

Sent on 08/23/2011

Shannon · Married on 07/23/2011

Barbara and Ky from Bridal Artistry were fantastic! They did an amazing job with my hair and makeup!!! My bridesmaids all looked stunning too! And both Barbara and Ky did an excellent job making me feel completely at ease on what can be a very emotional and sometimes stressful morning! Thank you Barbara and Ky!!!!

I strongly recommend Bridal Artistry to all! They're great!

Sent on 08/22/2011

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2011

I absolutely loved working with Bridal Artistry for my wedding hair and makeup! Barbara (owner/makeup artist) and Ky (hair) were fantastic and so wonderful to work with! They completed hair and make up for three of my bridesmaids, my mom and stepmom all on site! Ky did my bridal hair and combined two pictures of my hair trial to create an absolutely beautiful up-do that I loved! And Barbara is a true artist with makeup. I was very picky and wanted a “natural” look as I do not usually wear much make up on a daily basis. Barbara was so patient with me and kept working on my trial until I was 100% happy.

On our wedding day, I was so relaxed and calm and knew I was in good hands. Going with on-site services for hair and makeup was the best decision I made and it allowed for the morning to be so much calmer and we stayed on schedule! Everyone looked stunning and I was so extremely happy with how my hair and makeup turned out. I had never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day! I highly recommend Barbara and her talented team!

Sent on 07/20/2011

Nicole · Married on 06/04/2011

If you only read one sentence of my review please read this YOU MUST HIRE BRIDAL ARTISTRY they are amazing. I felt like a beautiful bride who looked like a more polished version of myself. A better me. Having Brie do our hair and Barbara do our make up at the hotel was so lovely we didn't have to run around but rather just relax and they took great care of us!

However, what amazed me more was the attention to detail and to what my vision was of the day. They both made me feel special and beautiful but they also made my mom, matron of honor and myself look so pretty.

All our guests were saying that we looked pretty and my husband was blown away by my makeup and hair. Easily the best money I spent.

Sent on 06/07/2011

Melinda · Married on 04/30/2011

Barbara and the Bridal Artistry team was great. I had my make-up done along with four of my bridesmaids. Barbara and one of her associates came to our location on time and kept us on schedule. All the girls looked great, and we all received many compliments on our make-up. Barbara was very responsive to all my emails and was very flexible when we had to change the time and location of our make-up.

Sent on 05/02/2011

Ashley · Married on 04/30/2011

I used Bridal Artistry for both hair and makeup for my wedding day, so did my mom. My mom is very picky and she was even pleased. Both Mandy and Ky were great. They are very calming influences on a stressful day and I love what they did with my hair and makeup. Ky showed me how to not mess up my hair with the veil I was wearing. If I have to use hair/makeup artists again I will be using them.

Sent on 05/08/2011

Melanie · Married on 03/19/2011

Bridal Artistry was fantastic. They completed hair for my entire bridal party, stepmom, and mother-in-law, and did make-up for my bridesmaids, all on site. I worked primarily with Ky, who did my bridal hair. She was wonderful to work with. From our first correspondence, she was enthusiastic and open to my vision for my wedding up-do. At my trial, she combined two pictures I had brought with me to create a beautiful look. I loved it! Not only is she talented, but also a pleasure to be around. I recommend Bridal Artistry and particularly Ky Washington.

Sent on 06/25/2011

G · Married on 11/12/2010

Bridal Artistry saved the day! I normally do not wear a lot of makeup, and thought that this would be something I would do myself on the day of. But, at the sage advice of my wedding planner, I reached out to Barbara at Bridal Artistry and she transformed me into a beautiful bride, even maintaining my (requested) "natural" look. Easily the best money I spent for the wedding, and Barbara is so easy to work with. I reached out to her the week before and she was able to come to my suite the day of and take care of me! Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/16/2010

Amy · Married on 10/23/2010

Barbara and Ky were amazing. My bridal party and I were so pleased with their work. I would highly recommend anytime!

Sent on 10/25/2010