Bridal Artistry Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Kr Married on 05/08/2022

Total professionals

So many thanks to the Bridal Artistry team (Barbara, Mandy, and Norma) who really made our daughter's wedding day special. They arrived early and put the bride and her maid of honor at ease, while enhancing (rather than replacing) their look. A special shout out to Norma, who did the hair and makeup trial.

This firm really stood out for being so careful about Covid - masks, sanitization, and awareness of risks to family and guests. We are very grateful to them for their care during a very complex time.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We so very much appreciate you taking the time to write a wonderful review for our team -- especially because of the family concerns with Covid and the issues we all have to grapple with to celebrate life safely in these times. You are so gracious and caring! Thank you for your kind words. Our very best wishes go out to the newlyweds with a bright future ahead!
  • Candace
    Candace C. Married on 04/02/2022

Excellent!

Bridal Artistry is a professional, talented and lovely group of artist! They not only make you feel beautiful but are a pleasure to be around! I would recommend them immediately to anyone looking for an amazing team for your wedding day!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Candace, and it was our pleasure to be a part of your whole loving family coming together to celebrate your wedding in beautiful style! Your future is bright!!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea S. Married on 10/23/2021

Bridal Artistry was Perfect

We coordinated with Barb and worked with Norma for hair and Sondra for makeup. Both Norma and Sondra were lovely, super helpful and just great at their craft.

The ladies in the wedding party all had different length and types of hair, Norma did a great job making everyone feel their best and everyone’s hair held up all night.

Sondra was so patient and understanding, I have never felt more beautiful! The makeup lasted for hours and we even went out to party after the wedding!

Both Sondra and Norma were a delight to work with and I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants to look and feel their most beautiful for their wedding.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Chelsea ~ We appreciate your awesome review for Norma & Sondra, who are both the best at their professional styling craft! So glad that you got the knot tied in style with your love and even celebrated after the wedding celebration that evening!! All the best to you newlyweds launching into married life ~~~
  • Laura
    Laura S. Married on 10/08/2021

Incredible!

Jacinda was AMAZING! We all wanted natural looks and she nailed it. Could not have been more pleased with our hair and makeup. Highly recommend!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Laura, for taking time to write this awesome review for Jacinda! Yes, she is amazingly talented as a makeup & hair artist and I am so glad she created a look that matched your bridal vision!
    Blessings to you newlyweds ~
  • Rina
    Rina K. Married on 09/25/2021

Highly recommend Bridal Artistry!

I can't recommend Bridal Artistry enough! Barbara and Norma were great to work with and were so flexible and patient with us as we had to keep changing the date of our wedding due to covid. I only had a vague idea what I wanted my hair and make up to look like on my wedding day, but Norma exceeded my expectations and was able to capture the look I was going for. Looking back at my wedding photos I'm so happy I chose Bridal Artistry to do my hair and make up. You can't go wrong with them - they will make you look absolutely beautiful on your wedding day!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

What a sweet review, Rina... Thank you so much for choosing us to be a small part of your Big Day!! Norma is so creatively talented and came up with the perfect bridal look for you!! May you have many beautiful memories from the day and a lifetime of happiness ~~
    Brett S. Married on 09/25/2021

Amazing for my wedding and bridal portraits

Barb, Alexa, and Andie were absolutely amazing!! From the trial run (which was in August where I was pouring sweat for my Bridals) to my wedding day, my makeup with Barb stayed FLAWLESS and hair by Alexa was PERFECT! I would highly recommend them for your special event!!!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We so appreciate your kind words, Brett! You and your ladies were so wonderful to work with and you looked absolutely Amazing, I have to say! Love the photos from your gorgeous wedding day and thank you for trusting our team with your bridal vision!
    Blessings to you newlyweds!!
    Kristin A. Married on 07/31/2021

Simply the best!

Bridal Artistry & my artist Jacinda were consummate professionals. Everyone was great at communicating and I knew I could trust my artist to make me shine on my big day! She also did my bestie’s hair/makeup and she absolutely glowed. I just asked my husband what he thought of my hair & makeup at the wedding so that I could put it in the review but he got choked up… so you know it was good :)

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Kristin! We really appreciate your thoughtful review and I love it that Jacinda's beautiful hair & makeup styling brought an emotional reaction from your husband! It was our pleasure to be a small part of your Big Day! Thank you for your kind words for our deserving Jacinda, who will love this review.
  • Meaghan
    Meaghan K. Married on 07/07/2021

Great experience

Norma came to my apartment to do my hair and makeup for a special event. She was incredibly responsive via email while we were planning the appointment, and asked for inspiration so that she could plan the styles. She wore a mask the entire time (as I requested and Barbara confirmed was their policy), and sprayed everything with 91% alcohol in front of me...I felt very comfortable with the protocols.

Norma was super friendly and we had a great chat the entire time. She explained everything she was doing, and it turned out great! I could not be happier with my hair and makeup from Norma.

The cost was reasonable ($280, plus tip, paid via Venmo).

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you so very much for your awesome review ! Norma is an excellent makeup & hair artist and loved getting you ready for your special event! In these unusual times, we take care to follow the safest hygiene protocols and still produce beautiful results and enjoy the experience... Looks like Norma achieved that and we are so happy to hear it. Our 2020 weddings have been so limited by what the virus has done to planning, that your taking the time to write us a review is much appreciated!!
  • Denise
    Denise R. Married on 06/19/2021

Amazing makeup team!

It was such a pleasure getting my wedding hair and makeup done by Bridal Artistry! Barbara was very prompt in communicating and answering any questions I had before the wedding. Norma did a wonderful job during the trial and wedding day. She made sure that my makeup enhanced my natural beauty. Sondra also assisted with makeup and made sure that the rest of the ladies in my bridal party looked amazing! If you’re looking for a hair and makeup artist, I highly recommend the Bridal Artistry team!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Denise, for your kind and enthusiastic review! We were excited to create a beautiful bridal look, according to your own vision and Norma & Sondra loved being a party of your whole gorgeous wedding day! The photos are amazing! Hugs and congratulations!!
  • Ei P.
    Ei Married on 05/15/2021

Great team for hair and makeup!!

Barbara and the Bridal Artistry team (Sondra and Jacinda) were a pleasure to work with. We had a last minute and unforeseen conflict with my original makeup artist but Barbara and team stepped in and made sure everything went smoothly and I felt comfortable with the change by giving me another trial the week of the wedding. I can't say enough good things about Sondra and Jacinda. They were super sweet, great at what they do, and really made all of us look and feel amazing.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thanks, Ei !! I have to say you Looked Amazing, too!! We appreciate your grace in dealing with the unforeseen change in artists, but we knew Sondra was going to be that perfect pro to perfect your bridal look and calm wedding day jitters. So glad everything worked so well coming together. We LOVE Love love your photos and wish you a sweet future together!
  • Sally
    Sally C. Married on 04/24/2021

Must-have hair and makeup team!

Barbara and Brandi were amazing to work with! Not only was their makeup and hair stylings, respectively, beautiful and accentuated individual features, they were exceptionally patient, professional, and simply lovely people to have on the big day! This was a no-brainer and one of the best decisions I made during the whole wedding process. Can't thank them enough!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you for your awesome review, Sally! We had so much fun getting you & your bridal party and mom styled for a beautiful wedding day at the winery, and all made us feel so welcome and appreciated. It was a great day to tie the knot and we can't wait to see the photos from the entire celebration. Wishing you newlyweds the best of everything going forward in life's adventure!
  • Caitlyn
    Caitlyn C. Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Work and Very Flexible

I decided to hire a make-up artist for my wedding ~1.5 months before the big day and was initially having a hard time finding a company that would come onsite for my small party (initially only myself and one friend were having make-up done). I was very excited when I found Bridal Artistry and discovered they would come onsite for my small party. The team was very responsive to my inquiry and wrote back the same day. Sondra was the make-up artist for my day, she was very professional, understood my vision, and was very flexible when we added an additional friend who wanted her make-up done as well. I highly recommend Bridal Artistry and Sondra!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you for your great review for Bridal Artistry and our Makeup Artist, Sondra. She sent me some beautiful pics taken before the ceremony and you looked amazing! Sondra listens to what bride's want and is excellent at creating the look you love! So glad we could meet your specific needs for a picture-perfect wedding day!
    All best wishes to you two newlyweds!!
  • Sydney
    Sydney M. Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Experience

It was great working with Bridal Artistry for my wedding in October during the pandemic. Norma was so kind and easy to work with--she did a great job on my hair and makeup, both during the trial and on the actual day. The team was on time and prepared. They made sure all my bridesmaids, relatives, and flower girl looked amazing and were kind enough to fix any last minute touch-ups before we left for the ceremony. Even though I danced and jumped a lot during my reception, my hair stayed in place. Everyone we worked with were professional, kind, talented, and fun to have around as we got ready. They did makeup and hair for my group made up of all ages, skin colors, skin types, and hair types quickly and beautifully. I would highly recommend them.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Sydney ~ Thank you so much for the awesome review! I knew Norma would be your perfect hair & makeup stylist to create the bridal look you envisioned... and Jacinda & Sondra would be the perfect team for getting everyone done beautifully on the wedding day. So glad to hear your compliments for the team! You have some amazing pics from the wedding and thank you for trusting Bridal Artistry for your wedding styling. Our best wishes to you newlyweds!!
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 09/19/2020

Amazing bridal party hair and makeup/

I was in a wedding 4 years ago and the bride chose Bridal Artistry. I had such a good experience with them that I knew I needed them to do my wedding. I could not have been happier with how the hair and make up turned out for my wedding. Sondra, Jacinda, and Nora from Bridal Artistry did an amazing job with the hair and makeup for the entire wedding party. Barbara is super fast at responding, helpful and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Hannah, for the Great review of our super team (Sondra-Jacinda - Nora) and their on location hair & makeup services for you & your wedding party! We strive to make everyone feel both comfortable & gorgeous on the wedding day and when you hired us based on our previous work at a friend's wedding, it's The Best for us! That tells us that we deliver not only the attention and beauty desired by the Bride, but also her closest friends/family!
    We would love to see more of your wedding pics, since you were absolutely stunning! All our best wishes for a bright future!!
    Circe G. Married on 06/06/2020

Brandi made me gorgeous!

Brandi from Bridal Artistry did my hair and makeup for my wedding and she was amazing! I got so many compliments- even at 1am after 12 hours of photos/celebrating. I can't recommend Brandi more highly- I was so happy to find one person to take care of both my hair and makeup. I really don't know anything about makeup and Brandi was able to make me totally gorgeous with minimal direction.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We appreciate your awesome review for Brandi.... We all think she's pretty amazing as well! Loved seeing your wedding photo gallery and thank you for taking the time to write Brandi's great review.
    Wishing you two newlyweds much happiness navigating life together!!
    Samantha J. Married on 05/09/2020

Perfect Bride Hair from Stephanie

Stephanie from Bridal Artistry was AMAZING. She was really good at listening to what I wanted and interpreting it to suit me. I don't dress up much so I was worried that I wouldn't be able to describe what I wanted, but I had a few pinterest photos and Steph just "got it". The trial went really well and she was flexible with me, modifying as we went until I was comfortable. Since we got it just right at the trial, my wedding hair went perfectly. I didn't have a veil but I added a fresh flower to my braid and again, Stephanie got it just right. My hair felt secure and comfortable all day. Plus she was super friendly so that was great energy for my wedding morning!
    It's COVID, so I (bride) was the only one who got my hair done. Stephanie came to my parents' house where I was getting ready, which made everything so easy. She wore a mask the whole time, I wore a mask at the beginning (to be respectful) but took it off once it started to get in the way of my hair.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We can't thank you enough, Samantha, for taking the time to explain the details of how the trial & wedding day styling went with Stephanie -- who is truly an amazing pro! We much appreciate your kind words on navigating through CO'VID times, which, of course, has been our concern for the w-h-o-l-e season and so great to hear you felt comforted.
    Wishing you newlyweds a future of happiness and joy!!
  • O
    Olivia Married on 10/27/2019

Great Job with a Large Wedding Party

Bridal Artistry did a great job with the hair and makeup for our wedding day, especially given that we had a large wedding party (9 people, plus bride and mothers of bride/groom) and an early wedding start time of 11 AM! Brandi, Jacinda, and Steph all helped create beautiful looks, and I appreciated the time they took during the pre-wedding trial to come up with a bridal look that I would smile back at every time I look at the pictures.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thanks so so much, Olivia! We smile every time we look at the gorgeous pics of your wedding day!! Despite the rain, everything was arranged for the TLC you all deserved for your marriage celebration, and we loved working with you and your family/friends. All your vendors were amazing!
    We appreciate your kind review and wish the very best for you newlyweds ~
    Kathy H. Married on 10/20/2019

Amazing, talented, gracious team of professionals! They made our day PERFECT!

This talented team of professionals, (Barbara and Sondra for makeup, Brandi and Jacinda for hair) trudged through the pouring rain (and were even early!) to make our day special. We had a multi-cultural, wide age span group of 10 with varying skin types, hair types and lengths, and different visions for our own look. Every one us received their own individual hair and makeup experience, customized just for us! What an amazing experience! Not only are they extremely talented at what they do, they are gracious and lovely ladies! They are soothing and affirming, amazing listeners, and want nothing else but to make the experience perfect for the bride (and bridesmaids, Mother of the Bride, Mother in Law and even Grandmothers)! Brides, look no further! I could not find one thing to fuss at, it was literally a perfect experience (and I had very high expectations!). They fussed at us until the end, offering touch ups and one final hairspray and fixing! Our day was their only priority and it showed. We all felt very pampered, and beautiful because of this team. I cannot say enough about them, Bridal Artistry DC was, from first contact, through end services, a truly professional team!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you & Wow! We are blown away by your amazing review. We had such a fun time beautifying everyone in their own style on the wedding day and LOVED "fussing over" all the details to start the rainy but joy-full wedding day with beautiful perfection. We are excited to see the photo gallery! We so appreciate your gracious words of edification and are so glad you loved our work!
    All our best wishes to the happy newlyweds!!!
    Adam B. Married on 10/19/2019

Bridal Artistry Brings the Dream Team

Barbara, Norma, and Brandi were the dream team! Myself, my mom, mother-in-law, and bridesmaids all looked and felt gorgeous! All of the artists were prompt, efficicent, and talented. I would recommend them to any bride in the DC area!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We appreciate so much your kind review, Liz! What a gorgeous wedding day!! It was a dream for us to add our skills to the beauty of your special day, and we loved working with you and your ladies. Wishing you a long, prosperous and happy future as you walk into this next chapter of life. All the best! Barbara
  • Kim
    Kim H. Married on 08/09/2019

Guaranteed to look spectacular on your wedding day!

I truly enjoyed working with Barbara (owner) and Jacinda (make-up artist) at Bridal Artistry as they provided superb customer service. I was originally planning my wedding for Fall 2018, but due to a medical situation, I was forced to postpone. Barbara was so nice to refund my deposit until I was ready to reschedule.
    Once I was ready to move forward with a new date, I scheduled a trial for make-up and hair styling with Jacinda. I told Jacinda that I preferred a natural look and she talked me through each application of make-up and took the time to ensure that I was comfortable and pleased with how I looked. I also asked if she could help make my face look thinner and she was able to apply shadowing to reduce my double chin. I was thrilled with my make-up and it held up throughout the photos, wedding and reception despite perspiration, tears and lots of dancing. I looked like my best self and was so pleased with how Jacinda did my make-up.
    I have really thick, heavy hair and I was concerned that an up do would end up falling. Jacinda suggested a style that framed my face well and could endure the dancing. She showed me two different styles during the trial. On the day of my wedding my hair looked amazing and it stayed in place all through the afternoon and evening. I was really pleased with how my hair and make-up complimented my dress, enhanced my natural features and felt comfortable throughout my wedding.
    I highly recommend Bridal Artistry to future brides as they are friendly, accommodating, creative, reliable and professional throughout the entire process from trial session to the big day!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Kim! You are Amazing to take the time to write such a detailed review of our services and how Jacinda truly listened to the look you envisioned... and created it! We really appreciate your kind, generous words and wish many healthy & happy days ahead for you newlyweds!! Thank you so so much ~ Barbara
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 06/15/2019

SO pleased with my hair and makeup, thank you!

I had been researching several hair and makeup artists in the DC area - then Bridal Artistry was recommended to me by a friend whose wedding was a few months before. Once I saw the beautiful photos of their work (plus seeing my friend on her wedding day - she took my breath away!), I contacted Barbara immediately!

I knew I was in good hands from the beginning, when Barbara asked me what type of makeup I wanted for my wedding day -- it was important to me to have a 'fresh' look -- somewhere between totally natural makeup and a more dramatic look. I appreciated that the experience seemed to be tailored from the get-go.

Barbara let me know I would be working with Jacinda (hair) and Brandi (makeup). Both of them were FANTASTIC to work with, I cannot stress this point enough. Jacinda and Brandi were kind and fun to be around! For my trial, I brought some photos and further described the look I was going for. I even described to Brandi some of my past makeup mishaps when I was in other weddings (e.g., I know I look like I have tan skin, but for some reason tan makeup does not work for me, ha!). Brandi took this into consideration, and we tried 2 shades of foundation to ensure it matched my skin tone!

Jacinda was able to produce exactly the look I wanted for my hair - swept to the side with some criss-crossing in the back, definitely out of my face but still looking like it was 'down'. I brought a few options for decorative combs/clips and Jacinda tried all of them in my hair and helped me decide!

Needless to say I walked away from my trial completely excited and no longer worried if my hair/makeup would look good on the wedding day :)

Before the wedding day, Jacinda and Brandi were very communicative as we figured out the timeline and when and where they should arrive. On the day itself, Jacinda and Brandi were on-time, professional, and were so efficient while doing excellent work! They styled me, 2 bridesmaids, 2 moms, and a flower girl. My two bridesmaids (all of us have been in many weddings) kept commenting how they'd never seen the getting-ready process go so smoothly. Jacinda and Brandi made sure everyone felt comfortable in their style and made last-minute adjustments when needed.

Lastly, I made a little mistake and ended up paying Brandi twice for one of my bridesmaids' makeup. I had no idea this had happened because the day can get a little chaotic. Brandi realized the mishap, sent me a message explaining and returned the extra money. I so appreciate her professionalism in checking her totals and letting me know what had happened!

Thank you, Jacinda and Brandi and to Bridal Artistry! I was so SO pleased with everything!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Kate, We are so incredibly blessed by you taking the time to write such a detailed review for Jacinda & Brandi from your June wedding!! They are thoughtful, fun and skillful professionals and your detail shows that. How wonderful for us to know that the top quality service we provide is much appreciated & recognized!
    We all wish you and your husband much happiness in your life adventure together. Blessings to you ~ Barbara
  • Kelly
    Kelly C. Married on 05/25/2019

Absolutely the best!

Barbara and Stephanie were the best! Barbara made everyone look so beautiful without being over the top; Stephanie made everyone's hair look absolutely stunning. They both really listened to what I wanted and worked with me to make sure I was happy with the finaly look. And they were so much fun to work with on the day! Barbara and Stephanie were really upbeat and positive and got the day off to a great start!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We appreciate your kind words so much, Kelly! You were a dream to work with and everyone in your wedding party was, too. So glad you changed the getting ready location to that sweet B&B in Luray to make for a fun, relaxed time for all. Hugs & all best wishes to you newlyweds, launching life together!!
    Veronika Married on 05/18/2019

Lovely makeup

Mandy did a lovely job with my wedding makeup and with my mom and mother i law. She was kind and attentive and we appreciated her willingness to listen to our visions and ability to bring them to life.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We agree that Mandy is super talented and kind. So happy that she hit the right notes on your bridal look and the makeup for your mom and mother-in-law! Mandy sent me a couple of pics from the wedding day and you looked Amazing! Wishing you two newlyweds much happiness and love for a lifetime ~
    Carol B. Married on 05/11/2019

Bridal Artistry is their perfect name!

Five star make-up and hair styling! Helpful hair and make-up trial for Mother of the Groom. Attentive to client needs, flexible on a day that could be stressful, pleasant to work with, worked well with 3 flower girls 8 and under. The final results showed in beautiful wedding photos and smiling faces knowing we all looked our best!