Bridal Artistry Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Cathy D. Married on 11/12/2022

We had so much fun!

My bridesmaids and I don't wear makeup or do our hair often, and was looking for a more natural look. Jacinda (hair) & Nora (MU) understood the assignment and made it easy to look beautiful for the wedding and still feel like ourselves. What I didn't expect what how much fun Jacinda and Nora would be. Being around their positive, easy going, understanding personalities kicked off the wedding day on a good not. It put me at ease knowing that they have it handled. Plus they were extremely punctual and got us all ready right on time.

My mom wanted to make some adjustments to her hairstyle, but didn't know how to communicate it. Jacinda allowed my mom to use her tools to try to do it. After patiently watching, Jacinda quickly understood what my mom wanted, and took care of it! It could have been a stressful moment, especially with the language barrier, but Jacinda observation skills and kindness really made a difference.

I highly recommend 100%!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Cathy ~ I knew Jacinda & Nora would be the perfect hair & makeup team for you! So glad you all had an awesome getting ready time on the wedding day. Jacinda & Nora are amazing pros, and the fact that they relieved any stress on your wedding morning was a bonus we always want to deliver for brides! Our best wishes to you newlyweds for much happiness together!
    Gaby S. Married on 10/09/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great hair and makeup experience!

We had the pleasure of working with bridal artistry for our wedding. Mandy and Nora were so professional and helped me create a perfect wedding look. From my trial to wedding day, they communicated with me to ensure I was happy with my hair and makeup and that the timeline would make the day go seamlessly. Norma and Sondra also helped my bridal crew get ready and they did a great job as well! Overall, we’re super happy we chose to work with bridal artistry and these talented artists!
    Manpreet Married on 10/01/2022

Amazing experience with Bridal Artistry

Bridal Artistry truly made our wedding weekend so special. We loved planning with them and on the weekend itself, the team was so efficient yet kind with not only me but also our family and friends. I loved my makeup so much and received so many compliments on it. They were able to make me glow without overdoing it all, and they also did an incredible job with my hair (despite having multiple events and not being able to wash it in between). Everyone was amazing to work with.

Before the wedding, they listened to what I liked at the consultation and emailed back and forth with any feedback I had after to ensure I had the look I wanted. During the wedding weekend, I felt incredibly at ease with the team. I loved that they added their own input to what we already decided on - for example, they noticed some green in one of my outfits and added beautiful green and gold eyeshadows. They also touched up my makeup/hair before I even noticed I needed it and stayed back if I ever needed more help.

Regarding my family and friends, they all told me they loved working with the entire team that weekend. They stuck to the schedule so well, which was very helpful especially with our tight schedule. They are incredibly talented, professional, respectful, kind, and so fun. Everyone loved their makeup and hair, and I know my friends and family would not hold anything back if they had something to say. They made everyone feel so beautiful, and I would highly recommend them!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

What a pleasure it was to be your on location hair & makeup team for all your changes/stylings and your whole wonderful group of women! Your kind words and detailed kudos are much appreciated. So glad we were able to coordinate all stylings, even with the weekend's wet, windy start as all arrived at Kingsmill Resort. Shout out to Mandy (lead hair stylist), Norma (lead mua), Stephanie (hair stylist) & Barb (mua)! Perfect celebration weekend for you newlyweds !! Congratulations ~
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Natacha
    Natacha L. Married on 09/24/2022

Thank You Norma & Nora!

Norma & Nora were my makeup team for a two-day wedding celebration. They were so wonderful and made everyone feel beautiful. In a very touching moment, Grandma teared up when she saw how lovely Nora's make-up looked on her. Norma gave me some great advice during our H&MU trial on what to ask my hair salon to do in preparation for the big day(s). Both of them were on time, professional, flexible with our constantly shifting numbers, and fun to be with for 4-ish hours per day!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

What a wonderful review, Natacha... especially sharing those special touches that Nora & Norma added to the whole experience. We think they are both very excellent and how great to hear that you loved working with Norma & Nora over your long weekend of celebration! Thank you so much and our very best wishes to you newlyweds launching married life together ~~
    Maura L. Married on 05/15/2022

Extremely pleased & highly recommend

I had the pleasure of having do Jacinda do my hair and makeup and Mandy do my bridesmaids' hair. From the hair/makeup trial, I knew it was a great fit. Jacinda knew listened and understood the look I was going for and made it a reality. She's also just a very nice person and I truly enjoyed getting to work with her. My bridal look was exactly what I hoped for and fit in my budget. Throughout the process, they were very responsive to email and communicative. I am so glad I chose to work with Bridal Artistry DC and couldn't recommend them more highly!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Maura - Wow! We truly appreciate your sincere and wonderful review of Jacinda - and Mandy - here!! We always want to match up our brides with the best of our team for their needs, and we are so grateful that Jacinda especially clicked exactly with what you envisioned for your bridal look. Many thanks & our best wishes for a prosperous and happy future ~~
  • Cassia
    Cassia D. Married on 05/14/2022

Flawless service!

From the trial to the day-of, Heidi and Sondra were sweet, very responsive, and highly professional. They were both so great at taking our directions and making us all look beautiful in precisely the way we wanted to! I highly recommend this team.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thanks, Cassia, for taking the time to write such a sweet review for Heidi & Sondra! It is music to our ears to know that we created the custom looks for you & the others done in "precisely the way we wanted". The photos we've seen have been amazing and we wish you newlyweds a wonderful life partnership!!
    Kr Married on 05/08/2022

Total professionals

So many thanks to the Bridal Artistry team (Barbara, Mandy, and Norma) who really made our daughter's wedding day special. They arrived early and put the bride and her maid of honor at ease, while enhancing (rather than replacing) their look. A special shout out to Norma, who did the hair and makeup trial.

This firm really stood out for being so careful about Covid - masks, sanitization, and awareness of risks to family and guests. We are very grateful to them for their care during a very complex time.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We so very much appreciate you taking the time to write a wonderful review for our team -- especially because of the family concerns with Covid and the issues we all have to grapple with to celebrate life safely in these times. You are so gracious and caring! Thank you for your kind words. Our very best wishes go out to the newlyweds with a bright future ahead!
    Thrilled B. Married on 04/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Mandy is absolutely amazing. I would highly, highly recommend her for your wedding or any special occasion.

Mandy is absolutely amazing. I would highly, highly recommend her for your wedding or any special occasion where you want to look and feel great.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Oh yes! We agree and thank you so much for your great review for Mandy! Our best wishes to you newlyweds for a happy & successful future together!
  • Candace
    Candace C. Married on 04/02/2022

Excellent!

Bridal Artistry is a professional, talented and lovely group of artist! They not only make you feel beautiful but are a pleasure to be around! I would recommend them immediately to anyone looking for an amazing team for your wedding day!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Candace, and it was our pleasure to be a part of your whole loving family coming together to celebrate your wedding in beautiful style! Your future is bright!!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea S. Married on 10/23/2021

Bridal Artistry was Perfect

We coordinated with Barb and worked with Norma for hair and Sondra for makeup. Both Norma and Sondra were lovely, super helpful and just great at their craft.

The ladies in the wedding party all had different length and types of hair, Norma did a great job making everyone feel their best and everyone’s hair held up all night.

Sondra was so patient and understanding, I have never felt more beautiful! The makeup lasted for hours and we even went out to party after the wedding!

Both Sondra and Norma were a delight to work with and I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants to look and feel their most beautiful for their wedding.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Chelsea ~ We appreciate your awesome review for Norma & Sondra, who are both the best at their professional styling craft! So glad that you got the knot tied in style with your love and even celebrated after the wedding celebration that evening!! All the best to you newlyweds launching into married life ~~~
    Laura S. Married on 10/08/2021

Incredible!

Jacinda was AMAZING! We all wanted natural looks and she nailed it. Could not have been more pleased with our hair and makeup. Highly recommend!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Laura, for taking time to write this awesome review for Jacinda! Yes, she is amazingly talented as a makeup & hair artist and I am so glad she created a look that matched your bridal vision!
    Blessings to you newlyweds ~
    Rina K. Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly recommend Bridal Artistry!

I can't recommend Bridal Artistry enough! Barbara and Norma were great to work with and were so flexible and patient with us as we had to keep changing the date of our wedding due to covid. I only had a vague idea what I wanted my hair and make up to look like on my wedding day, but Norma exceeded my expectations and was able to capture the look I was going for. Looking back at my wedding photos I'm so happy I chose Bridal Artistry to do my hair and make up. You can't go wrong with them - they will make you look absolutely beautiful on your wedding day!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

What a sweet review, Rina... Thank you so much for choosing us to be a small part of your Big Day!! Norma is so creatively talented and came up with the perfect bridal look for you!! May you have many beautiful memories from the day and a lifetime of happiness ~~
    Brett S. Married on 09/25/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing for my wedding and bridal portraits

Barb, Alexa, and Andie were absolutely amazing!! From the trial run (which was in August where I was pouring sweat for my Bridals) to my wedding day, my makeup with Barb stayed FLAWLESS and hair by Alexa was PERFECT! I would highly recommend them for your special event!!!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We so appreciate your kind words, Brett! You and your ladies were so wonderful to work with and you looked absolutely Amazing, I have to say! Love the photos from your gorgeous wedding day and thank you for trusting our team with your bridal vision!
    Blessings to you newlyweds!!
    Kristin A. Married on 07/31/2021

Simply the best!

Bridal Artistry & my artist Jacinda were consummate professionals. Everyone was great at communicating and I knew I could trust my artist to make me shine on my big day! She also did my bestie’s hair/makeup and she absolutely glowed. I just asked my husband what he thought of my hair & makeup at the wedding so that I could put it in the review but he got choked up… so you know it was good :)

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Kristin! We really appreciate your thoughtful review and I love it that Jacinda's beautiful hair & makeup styling brought an emotional reaction from your husband! It was our pleasure to be a small part of your Big Day! Thank you for your kind words for our deserving Jacinda, who will love this review.
  • Meaghan
    Meaghan K. Married on 07/07/2021

Great experience

Norma came to my apartment to do my hair and makeup for a special event. She was incredibly responsive via email while we were planning the appointment, and asked for inspiration so that she could plan the styles. She wore a mask the entire time (as I requested and Barbara confirmed was their policy), and sprayed everything with 91% alcohol in front of me...I felt very comfortable with the protocols.

Norma was super friendly and we had a great chat the entire time. She explained everything she was doing, and it turned out great! I could not be happier with my hair and makeup from Norma.

The cost was reasonable ($280, plus tip, paid via Venmo).

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you so very much for your awesome review ! Norma is an excellent makeup & hair artist and loved getting you ready for your special event! In these unusual times, we take care to follow the safest hygiene protocols and still produce beautiful results and enjoy the experience... Looks like Norma achieved that and we are so happy to hear it. Our 2020 weddings have been so limited by what the virus has done to planning, that your taking the time to write us a review is much appreciated!!
  • Denise
    Denise R. Married on 06/19/2021

Amazing makeup team!

It was such a pleasure getting my wedding hair and makeup done by Bridal Artistry! Barbara was very prompt in communicating and answering any questions I had before the wedding. Norma did a wonderful job during the trial and wedding day. She made sure that my makeup enhanced my natural beauty. Sondra also assisted with makeup and made sure that the rest of the ladies in my bridal party looked amazing! If you’re looking for a hair and makeup artist, I highly recommend the Bridal Artistry team!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Denise, for your kind and enthusiastic review! We were excited to create a beautiful bridal look, according to your own vision and Norma & Sondra loved being a party of your whole gorgeous wedding day! The photos are amazing! Hugs and congratulations!!
  • Ei P.
    Ei Married on 05/15/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great team for hair and makeup!!

Barbara and the Bridal Artistry team (Sondra and Jacinda) were a pleasure to work with. We had a last minute and unforeseen conflict with my original makeup artist but Barbara and team stepped in and made sure everything went smoothly and I felt comfortable with the change by giving me another trial the week of the wedding. I can't say enough good things about Sondra and Jacinda. They were super sweet, great at what they do, and really made all of us look and feel amazing.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thanks, Ei !! I have to say you Looked Amazing, too!! We appreciate your grace in dealing with the unforeseen change in artists, but we knew Sondra was going to be that perfect pro to perfect your bridal look and calm wedding day jitters. So glad everything worked so well coming together. We LOVE Love love your photos and wish you a sweet future together!
    Sally C. Married on 04/24/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Must-have hair and makeup team!

Barbara and Brandi were amazing to work with! Not only was their makeup and hair stylings, respectively, beautiful and accentuated individual features, they were exceptionally patient, professional, and simply lovely people to have on the big day! This was a no-brainer and one of the best decisions I made during the whole wedding process. Can't thank them enough!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you for your awesome review, Sally! We had so much fun getting you & your bridal party and mom styled for a beautiful wedding day at the winery, and all made us feel so welcome and appreciated. It was a great day to tie the knot and we can't wait to see the photos from the entire celebration. Wishing you newlyweds the best of everything going forward in life's adventure!
    Sydney M. Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Experience

It was great working with Bridal Artistry for my wedding in October during the pandemic. Norma was so kind and easy to work with--she did a great job on my hair and makeup, both during the trial and on the actual day. The team was on time and prepared. They made sure all my bridesmaids, relatives, and flower girl looked amazing and were kind enough to fix any last minute touch-ups before we left for the ceremony. Even though I danced and jumped a lot during my reception, my hair stayed in place. Everyone we worked with were professional, kind, talented, and fun to have around as we got ready. They did makeup and hair for my group made up of all ages, skin colors, skin types, and hair types quickly and beautifully. I would highly recommend them.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Sydney ~ Thank you so much for the awesome review! I knew Norma would be your perfect hair & makeup stylist to create the bridal look you envisioned... and Jacinda & Sondra would be the perfect team for getting everyone done beautifully on the wedding day. So glad to hear your compliments for the team! You have some amazing pics from the wedding and thank you for trusting Bridal Artistry for your wedding styling. Our best wishes to you newlyweds!!
    Caitlyn C. Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Work and Very Flexible

I decided to hire a make-up artist for my wedding ~1.5 months before the big day and was initially having a hard time finding a company that would come onsite for my small party (initially only myself and one friend were having make-up done). I was very excited when I found Bridal Artistry and discovered they would come onsite for my small party. The team was very responsive to my inquiry and wrote back the same day. Sondra was the make-up artist for my day, she was very professional, understood my vision, and was very flexible when we added an additional friend who wanted her make-up done as well. I highly recommend Bridal Artistry and Sondra!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you for your great review for Bridal Artistry and our Makeup Artist, Sondra. She sent me some beautiful pics taken before the ceremony and you looked amazing! Sondra listens to what bride's want and is excellent at creating the look you love! So glad we could meet your specific needs for a picture-perfect wedding day!
    All best wishes to you two newlyweds!!
  • Hannah
    Hannah Married on 09/19/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing bridal party hair and makeup/

I was in a wedding 4 years ago and the bride chose Bridal Artistry. I had such a good experience with them that I knew I needed them to do my wedding. I could not have been happier with how the hair and make up turned out for my wedding. Sondra, Jacinda, and Nora from Bridal Artistry did an amazing job with the hair and makeup for the entire wedding party. Barbara is super fast at responding, helpful and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thank you, Hannah, for the Great review of our super team (Sondra-Jacinda - Nora) and their on location hair & makeup services for you & your wedding party! We strive to make everyone feel both comfortable & gorgeous on the wedding day and when you hired us based on our previous work at a friend's wedding, it's The Best for us! That tells us that we deliver not only the attention and beauty desired by the Bride, but also her closest friends/family!
    We would love to see more of your wedding pics, since you were absolutely stunning! All our best wishes for a bright future!!
  • Maggie
    Maggie M. Married on 09/12/2020

Amazing team!

I had a great experience with this team (Jacinda, Sondra, Norma, and Mandy). They were on time, relaxed, professional, fun, and made us all look great! I made a last minute lipstick switch, one of my bridesmaids wanted to use her own makeup, and a couple of ladies never wear makeup and wanted particularly natural looks. All of those requests were taken in stride and everyone was happy with their hair and makeup. This team was by far our best day-of vendor to work with as well as reasonably priced. Would absolutely recommend!

Bridal Artistry's reply:

Thanks, Maggie! So glad we could be the "dream team" for your wedding beauty services! What a great group of women you were to work with. Wishing you newlyweds much happiness together in life's adventure :) We appreciate your kind words.
    Circe G. Married on 06/06/2020

Brandi made me gorgeous!

Brandi from Bridal Artistry did my hair and makeup for my wedding and she was amazing! I got so many compliments- even at 1am after 12 hours of photos/celebrating. I can't recommend Brandi more highly- I was so happy to find one person to take care of both my hair and makeup. I really don't know anything about makeup and Brandi was able to make me totally gorgeous with minimal direction.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We appreciate your awesome review for Brandi.... We all think she's pretty amazing as well! Loved seeing your wedding photo gallery and thank you for taking the time to write Brandi's great review.
    Wishing you two newlyweds much happiness navigating life together!!
    Samantha J. Married on 05/09/2020

Perfect Bride Hair from Stephanie

Stephanie from Bridal Artistry was AMAZING. She was really good at listening to what I wanted and interpreting it to suit me. I don't dress up much so I was worried that I wouldn't be able to describe what I wanted, but I had a few pinterest photos and Steph just "got it". The trial went really well and she was flexible with me, modifying as we went until I was comfortable. Since we got it just right at the trial, my wedding hair went perfectly. I didn't have a veil but I added a fresh flower to my braid and again, Stephanie got it just right. My hair felt secure and comfortable all day. Plus she was super friendly so that was great energy for my wedding morning!
    It's COVID, so I (bride) was the only one who got my hair done. Stephanie came to my parents' house where I was getting ready, which made everything so easy. She wore a mask the whole time, I wore a mask at the beginning (to be respectful) but took it off once it started to get in the way of my hair.

Bridal Artistry's reply:

We can't thank you enough, Samantha, for taking the time to explain the details of how the trial & wedding day styling went with Stephanie -- who is truly an amazing pro! We much appreciate your kind words on navigating through CO'VID times, which, of course, has been our concern for the w-h-o-l-e season and so great to hear you felt comforted.
    Wishing you newlyweds a future of happiness and joy!!
illustration stars