Brantwyn Estate Reviews

Brantwyn Estate 7
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 10/19/2018

Perfect Weddings

This venue was so beautiful. I can't imagine a better wedding venue. In addition to the beauty, all of the staff were amazing. Diane and Harry helped work together to make my day amazing. There was never a question in my mind that something was going to be less than perfect. They lived up to their promise and made my day perfect.

Sent on 10/28/2018
    Brantwyn Estate 15
    Brantwyn Estate 16
    Brantwyn Estate 17

Hi Amber,
    Thank you for allowing the DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate to be a part of your special day!

Assia · Married on 10/13/2018

Best venue we could have picked

My husband and I went venue hopping before stumbling upon Brantwyn. We had first found it on the Knot when it was still lumped in with the Country Club, so to us, it was rare find. My husband doesn't really like deciding on anything but he absolutely fell in love with Brantwyn the minute we viewed it. It's a private old mansion, tucked away from the busy streets and has wonderful gardens. We booked it as soon as we could. Diane helped us coordinate linens, uplights, food choices, ceremony locations, etc. She was super easy to work with and made sure all of our voices were heard. When it came to the big day Mary was the biggest life saver. We sat down with her a few days prior to discuss the timeline and she made sure that once it was in writing that that's the way it would get executed. I can't praise Mary enough! She is excellent at what she does and made our wedding day go by with ease. Even though we had some bridal party screw ups, that didn't stop her. She got the people who fell off the band wagon and popped them right back on. The one thing that wasn't 100% up to par was that we ordered the Cesar salad to be served before dinner, but because they had to make it in large batches before hand, it was soggy at serving time. If you can avoid selecting that option it would probably be best. Try to select a salad that you think would survive well and not wilt by dinner. Everything else food-wise was incredible. The filet mignon was to DIE for, and the sea bass was very tasty! We had a late-night slider bar which we were too full to try, but our guests were raving about how delicious it was. The Master's Baker sent over a truly exquisite wedding cake. Everything was just perfect!

Sent on 10/19/2018

Hi Assia & Christian,
    Thank you for the wonderful review. After working with the two of you for over two years, it made me so happy to finally witness your beautiful ceremony. Please keep in touch!!

Anne · Married on 10/06/2018

Fantastic Venue, Much More than Meets the Eye

Brantwyn is a hidden gem! The pictures online really don’t do the venue justice; I highly recommend brides take a tour with the lovely Diane and see it in person. What drew me to do a wedding at Brantwyn is at its core, Brantwyn is designed as a Dupont family home; I felt a wedding here gives off the vibe of having a glorified house party, as if we are inviting everyone we love to mom’s house. There is an upstairs dressing room for your wedding party to hang out in before the wedding, a library that you can personalize with childhood photos, and other unique rooms and nooks for guests who don’t dance to explore throughout the night. Somehow the venue feel both luxurious yet also feels endearingly intimate and familiar enough to put guests at ease right away. The venue embodies the beautiful history and easygoing charm of Delaware.

Here are some not immediately obvious things I have learned about Brantwyn in my brief 6 months of planning a wedding with Diane and Mary, our captain. First, the beautiful plants outdoors and perfectly cut lawn in the gardens are all professionally managed by the country club; they are gorgeous in photos and are the best free perk about the venue. You will feel like you are in a fairy tale garden when you step into Brantwyn’s backyard. The ceremony backdrop trees in Brantwyn blossom beautiful white flowers in the spring and grow red berries in the fall. Second, Diane told me months in advance that they really do try their best to get brides outside for their ceremonies. This is absolutely true, as it was misting on my wedding day and could’ve been a close call weather-wise, but they still let me have an outdoor ceremony. Third, the staff at Brantwyn are extremely kind, attentive, and competent. I had no wedding planner, no wedding party or family involved in the planning, and I only went to Brantwyn a handful of times before my wedding day. Almost everything was covered in the extremely generous wedding package (getting ready suites, butlered hor d'oeuvres, 3 course meal, cake, 5 hour open bar, day of coordinator, tables, linens, indoor and outdoor chairs, and gratuities), requiring minimal effort and correspondence from me. I cannot emphasize enough how great it was to just enjoy my engagement throughout the process, knowing I was in capable hands and the details are all covered by professionals. The only thing that might hinder brides from booking is if you have a strong vision of what your wedding looks like and it not Brantwyn (e.g. you don’t like the rugs or painting in the dining room), there is little leeway to customize the venue like you could with an empty farmhouse or warehouse because Brantwyn certainly comes with a lot of character. For me, a vintage mansion/garden wedding at Brantwyn was a dream come true!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Brantwyn Estate 22
    Brantwyn Estate 23
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 09/22/2018

Fantastic! The Brantwyn was a beautiful place to have our wedding

Very responsive to emails, extremely detailed help, great food and options for your perfect wedding day. I loved having it wedding there! They were quick to resolve a minor issue that occurred on the big day and no one knew once resolved.

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Brantwyn Estate 24

Hi Jacqueline,
    Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. I love the picture!

N · Married on 09/02/2018

Timeless Elegance

A group of true professionals run this posh, intimate setting for a smaller party. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/15/2018

Hi Nick,
    Thank you so much for the wonderful review. The two of you were a pleasure to work with!

Susan · Married on 04/28/2018

As the mother of the bride, I cannot say enough wonderful things about my daughter's wedding at Brantwyn. The staff was so attentive and anxious to meet our every need. The food was excellent. The setting is beautiful with so many flowering bushes and trees on the grounds. The cake, provided with our package, was an exact match to the picture my daughter gave them. Our day was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 05/01/2018
    Brantwyn Estate 30
    Brantwyn Estate 31
    Brantwyn Estate 32

Hi Susan,
    I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with your daughter's wedding! Our team of professionals strive to give every couple an unforgettable day.

John · Married on 04/14/2018

I initially thought we would not be able to afford such a nice place but it turned out to be affordable. It's an excellent value when you consider all that you get. Diane was our planner and Harry was the captain. Diane sat with us three times to refine the plans and Harry once right before our wedding. The venue was perfect and the service was excellent. We have very high expectations but Diane and staff far exceeded them We could not have asked for a better experience.

- John

Sent on 05/30/2018

Hi John,
    Thank you for allowing the DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate to be a part of your very special day!

Justyna · Married on 10/07/2017

The staff at Brantwyn Estate were incredibly helpful and made the whole process so easy. Diane had great suggestions and advice, was very responsive via email, and made me feel confident and comfortable that I chose the right venue. You can tell everyone loves working here by how much effort they put into making your night special. The food was outstanding, the cake was exceptional and I felt like a princess in a fairytale. It is a magical place and not a conventional ballroom, it was exactly what we wanted and I did not want to leave that night!

Sent on 10/15/2017

Hi Justyna,
    Thank you for your kind words. The two of you were a pleasure to work with! You truly did look like a princess and I am so happy that you choose Brantwyn Estate! Best wishes!

Sharon · Married on 06/11/2017

From the minute we called and talked to Diane, I knew that our wedding was going to be in the right hands. Diane listened to what we wanted and guided us through the entire process. Brantwyn was absolutely beautiful and we had so many compliments on the staff, setting and the overall beauty of the estate. Our wedding was on a Sunday afternoon and the setting was perfect. I could not be happier with my experience with Brantwyn. The food was spectacular too! Thank you to Diane and Paulette for making our day just absolutely memorable and beautiful!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Hi Sharon,
    Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day!

Victoria · Married on 06/10/2017

I got married at the Brantwyn on 6/10/2017 and it was perfect. We loved everything about the day and everyone we came in contact with along the way during the planning was a pleasure to work with, professional, friendly, and very helpful. Everything from the grounds, the food to the setting up and packing up at the end of the night went so smooth and easy.
    They are they best, Diane is wonderful and Judy really ran the day so beautifully. I want to have all my parties here!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Sara · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I recently got married and had our reception at Brantwyn. We had the most amazing experience and would 100% recommend Brantwyn. The staff exceeded our expectations from the very beginning. Diane helped us coordinate and always made herself available for any and all questions. She has a very warm and calming presence and we truly miss her now that our wedding is over! Jim was our Banquet Captain the day of the wedding. Our wedding day went perfectly because he was right on point with the timeline and making sure the day went exactly as planned. We had several wedding guests comment on how awesome he was. If we had to do it over we wouldn't change a thing because we had the wedding of our dreams with zero stress leading up to the big day because of the amazing staff.

Sent on 07/14/2017

Brantwyn Estate's reply:

Hi Sara, Thank you for the wonderful comments! I miss the both of you also!

Meagan · Married on 03/04/2017

We recently had our wedding at Brantwyn Estate on 3/4/17, and it was nothing but spectacular! Diane was our coordinator, and she was fabulous. She was extremely attentive and went out of her way to help us with everything including little details (ice sculpture, cake design, etc.) Mary and Paulette were there the day of our wedding, and they were great as well! The whole staff was extremely accommodating, and the venue itself is gorgeous! Our guests raved about the food and the staff, and everyone had a great time! We would not change anything about our special day! A big THANK YOU!! to Diane and everyone at the Dupont CC/ Brantwyn Estate!

Sent on 03/16/2017

Brantwyn Estate's reply:

Thank you Meagan for allowing the DuPont Country Club and Brantwyn Estate to be the host of your special day! We wish you both many years of happiness!
    Sincerely,
    Diane McClosky

Amanda · Married on 09/06/2015

Beyond words fabulous. If you want a storybook wedding then you have to select the Brantwyn as your venue. Everything was superb, from the grounds to the food etc. My husband and I are so happy that we selected the Brantwyn for our wedding, and every single guest remarked about how beautiful and spectacular the estate was. I will forever remember the memories my husband and I made there!

Sent on 10/03/2015

Kelly · Married on 05/22/2015

Had my ceremony and reception at Brantwyn Estate. This venue and staff are amazing. My fiance and I were looking for an outdoor venue that had a romantic/garden/intimate feel - and this place was perfect. From the very beginning our coordinator Lindsay was always available to answer any questions I had. It was also amazing to have our on-site coordinator Harry as he made sure we were always were we were suppose to be and made sure to coordinator with all of our other vendors (photographer/ DJ/ etc. I did not have to worry about a single detail on the day of because Harry was taking care of everything! The Brantwyn Estate also provides almost everything you need in their wedding packages so it really helped to cut down on the number of outside vendors we needed. They provide the food (which is delicious), linens, alcohol/bar, waitstaff, and they even provide little things such as a birdcage, champagne glasses, cake cutting set, and table numbers (in case you don't want to buy these things on your own). Brantwyn Estate really made our wedding just like a dream!

Sent on 06/06/2015

Brittany · Married on 10/11/2014

My husband and I had the BEST wedding there. From the moment we set the date with them to the actual wedding, Brantwyn showed professionalism, dedication, and passion. Our day-off captain, Harry, was the most wonderful man. He took care of all of our needs and made sure we worried about NOTHING! We didn't have to touch a thing. The whole day was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/13/2014

I worked exclusively with Lindsay and Harry at Brantwyn Estate in Delaware. They were great! Not once did I stress out over the venue due to their professionalism. They were so easy to work with. The day of my wedding Harry was GREAT. I must have given him like 50 hugs. He was so calming and everything stressful about the day was handed off to him. The ceremony and reception went off without a hitch (besides some inclement weather in the beginning). The planning process was made so easy with Lindsay’s help and she was just so supportive with making sure everything was in order!
    I can’t thank them enough for everything they did for me.
    The venue itself was beautiful and the staff was amazing and attentive. Everyone was raving about the food. We went with the station package and it was the best choice! We had the pasta, beef tenderloin, mashed potato bar, and raw seafood station. ALL of them were excellent and they kept the food coming!

I couldn’t not have asked for anything more from a venue.

Sent on 10/01/2014

Courtney · Married on 09/28/2013

We were married at Brantwyn Estate at the end of September and all I can say was it was beautiful! I had moved to France several months before the wedding but our Wedding Coordinator, Jenna, was super accessible over email and helped me get all the last minute details taken care of. We had a day-of wedding coordinator Jim who I owe my stress free wedding to. He took care of getting everything set up, dealing with vendor questions, and making sure our rehearsal and wedding ran smoothly. Not an easy job when half of the wedding party does not speak English. The venue was breathtaking. They also provided the food, cake, and bar and I'm still getting compliments on that. The food was not only delicious but hot and perfectly cooked when served. The bar tenders were super quick and I didn't notice any lines really forming at the bar. At the end of the wedding, Jim took care of making sure everything was packed up for me to bring home. It was a magical night for us and I would certainly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an intimate romantic wedding.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Absolutely Perfect. I could not have asked for a better venue. The staff is prompt in getting back to you. The venue was beautiful, the gardens were perfect, the wedding coordinator was spot on, everything that I asked for was done and the day went off without a hitch. I must say that I have no take backs or redo's my wedding day was perfect.

Sent on 08/10/2013

Anne · Married on 04/20/2013

I chose Brantwyn because we would have the entire estate and not have to share our venue with others like you do at the country club or hotel. Also, the catering, cake and alcohol was included which makes life easier when planning (the cake was amazing!). The catering is done by the same folks who do the hotel and country club, yet Brantwyn is much less expensive so that made it a more economical choice too. We had 100 guests and didn't even use some of the dining rooms or outside areas (it's large but can be made more intimate...Bonus!) There are rooms that can be used for guests who want to be a part of the action without being next to the band which is good too! There are tons of rooms upstairs for a kids room with a babysitter and the bridal dressing area and bath are huge! We did the ceremony and reception here and it was a perfect venue for us. Give them a look!
    Anne & John, Wilmington, DE

Sent on 07/25/2013

B · Married on 06/25/2011

We had a June Wedding at Brantwyn Estate and it was a beautiful wedding. The facility and setting is unique and gorgeous. The ceremony was in the beautiful lower garden and the cocktail hour in the upper garden and with food served inside in the beautiful house. The professionalism of the Banquet Supervisor who handle both the ceremony and reception was the highest quality I have seen and I have been involved in planning many events. The staff was also professional and responsive. The food was outstanding. Many guest where from the DC and NYC area and all comment on what a great setting it was and that the service and food were outstanding and all much better than what they had seen at many weddings they attended in these areas.

Sent on 06/28/2011

Meg · Married on 06/22/2014

Brantwyn was a perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. Katie M. that showed us the property was helpful with options and ideas. The event supervisor Monika coordinated the day so we didn't have to worry about anything.

Sent on 07/14/2014

We were married at the end of August at the Brantwyn Estate. We had both ceremony and reception on site. I loved it! Such a unique venue for those who don't want the Ballroom/Reception Hall feel. Our photographers fell in love with all the photogenic scenery. Also they provide everything making it less stressful in having to organize a lot of vendors. Their pricing was also very reasonable and flexible for our budget. We splurged where we wanted and controlled costs in other areas.

I had started working with Lindsay for our ceremony and reception at the Brantwyn Estate, but 30 days out she notified me she was leaving her position and handing me off to another coordinator, Katie. MAJOR FREAK OUT. That is not something you want to hear a month out from your special day. Katie was great, she and I meet that same week and actually moved forward in finalizing a lot of little details. Kudos for Katie for stepping up big time.

I would definitely recommend the Brantwyn Estate and the Dupont Staff.

Sent on 09/16/2015

My wedding was held at Brantwyn. The gardens surrounding the mansion are beautiful, and made for wonderful pictures. I was worried about the wedding being broken up into separate rooms, but as long as your guest count is under 70, everyone will fit into 1 room. For a day time wedding, it was beautiful! The only gripe I had was with the cake decoration. You get a hotel DuPont cake with your package at Brantwyn. I was charged $175 for 4 large sugar flowers I wanted on the cake. They provided me with sugar flowers 1/4 of the size I asked for, and provided a picture of, and looking back at the pictures, I believe I only got 3 flowers. We felt ripped off. But, other than the cake, Harry the coordinator was wonderful, as was the food!

Sent on 04/20/2014

Susan · Married on 06/12/2011

We had our reception at the Brantwyn Estate and everything was gorgeous. I've received many compliments on the venue and the food, which was absolutely delicious. Our banquet captain was OK, but everyone else we worked with to prepare for the reception was fantastic! It's a gorgeous setting and I only wish we could have partied until the next day.

Sent on 09/18/2011