Bourassa Catering & Events Reviews

Bourassa Catering & Events 7
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing!!!

Patti and the team we’re the MVPS! They handle it all and the food is beyond incredible. They are well organized and professional. Patti helped me with every step of the way and even beyond the catering. The menu selection (and tasting!) was great. They came onsite and was able to provide an incredible meal for over 100 guests just using their catering truck (no kitchen at venue).

I would recommend this company a million times over.

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 09/15/2018

Highly Recommend

We loved working with Bourassa Catering. From start to finish, they worked with us on every detail to make sure our wedding reflected us and suited our venue, vision and budget. Patti,the wedding sales manager went above and beyond to offer suggestions based on her years of experience. The entire staff were friendly with superb customer service. Our menu was delicious and our guests commented on how unique and delicious is was. They made the wedding of our dreams a reality.

Sent on 12/31/2018
    Bourassa Catering & Events 8
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/01/2018

Patti & Bourassa Catering is a must!

I can't say enough about how incredible Bourassa Catering and their event coordinator Patti!

Our wedding was September 1st this year and Patti was such a tremendous help! She is not only professional and kind but she truly felt like a part of the family during the entire process.

The food.... let me tell you about how many of our guests told us that it was the best wedding food they have ever had! It was so delicious and they were able to really capture our favorite things within the menu. I am still dreaming of the braised short ribs.

If you are getting married in Connecticut, I would say hurry up and book Bourassa Catering!

Sent on 12/29/2018
    Bourassa Catering & Events 9
    Bourassa Catering & Events 10
  • Melanie

Meanie · Married on 09/01/2018

Mother of the Bride

Patti and Bourassa Catering were an integral part of making my daughter’s wedding the Most wonderful day ever! The food was amazing, fresh, and beautiful too. Patti’s experience and organizational skills were the reason the wedding was effortless and perfect. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/29/2018
    Bourassa Catering & Events 11
    Bourassa Catering & Events 12
    Bourassa Catering & Events 13
    Bourassa Catering & Events 14

Amanda · Married on 07/21/2018

Working with Patti from Bourassa was great. My husband and I went to her with a lot of questions and non traditional wedding ideas. Patti went above and beyond to help coordinate our entire wedding. Every time we spoke to her she made us feel at ease. She had great ideas and she executed. The food was awesome and having shopped around, the price was extremely reasonable.

Sent on 07/23/2018

kate · Married on 07/07/2018

Bob and his team did an amazing job for our picnic in the park wedding!! I cannot say enough about the food, service, and professionalism. Thanks so much!!

Sent on 07/11/2018
  • W

Will · Married on 06/23/2018

Great non-intrusive video coverage

Our wedding was this past weekend and we cannot say enough good things about Bourassa! They worked with us to create a truly diverse and unique menu. They created a great starting point menu based off of what we described and worked with us to get exactly what we wanted, even adding in some family recipes! They were so flexible with everything and worked to keep us within our budget, even suggesting small ways to limit costs. The staff was amazing, especially Patti! Patti was a rockstar! She took charge of so many things that I felt like we had our own wedding planner! The day went flawlessly and we feel like we owe it in large part to her, she truly went above and beyond! We are SO glad we chose Bourassa for our special day and would recommend them in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/27/2018

Bourassa Catering & Events's reply:

Will and Taline, you are such a wonderful couple it was honestly such a pleasure being a part of your wedding day! We can't thank you enough for choosing Bourassa Catering for your Webb Barn wedding. We wish you a future filled with love and laughter!

Tom · Married on 05/19/2018

Several years ago, I attended a wedding catered by Bourassa Catering and liked the food and service. When my daughter was getting married I contacted and interviewed several "recommended" providers and ultimately selected Bob and Catherine Bourassa. The bride and groom are real foodies and have a very discerning palate. The Bourassa Team (Bob and Catherine) are a delight to work with, super responsive to every question and request, and of course "grand masters" in the kitchen. They nailed the Bride and Groom's unique culinary requests and together with their superb and very professional staff delivered a perfect party. Our guests contacted us weeks after the wedding to complement the food, the service, and even the staff that were so accommodating. I highly recommend Bourassa Catering as the best ever!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Bourassa Catering & Events's reply:

Tom,
    Thank you for you kind words! We were thrilled to be part of Anna & Dans wedding!

Jackson Dolan · Married on 05/19/2018

Wonderful food and service

Bourassa worked with us to put together a menu that we and our guests loved (shouts to the Taco Bar). Personally I especially appreciated their flexibility on dessert. We wanted to go with a broad slate of desserts instead of just cake, and Bourassa was on board to work with things we supplied, recipe requests, and their own suggestions. It all came out incredible.

Patti, their wedding manager, was also so fantastic to work with. She helped us manage so many things leading up to, and during, our wedding. She made our lives so much easier, I can't imagine having to do it without her.

Sent on 03/23/2019

Ashley · Married on 11/05/2017

Bourassa Catering is professional, kind, and a quality company!! From day one they were nothing but flexible and easy to work with. Their food is excellent and their staff is friendly and knowledgeable. We would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Valerie · Married on 10/06/2017

I wish I could give 10 stars on this review! Bourassa catered our wedding on 10/6/2017 and they were amazing...like really THE BEST! Natalie was super responsive for the last year of planning and answered my (usually stupid) questions SUPER fast. On the day of the wedding, the staff was simply amazing. The captain was so attentive and made sure I always had anything I could possibly need. The food was delicious and people are still telling me how great the chicken was and how amazing the bartender and the rest of the staff were. Thank you to Bob, Natalie and everyone else who helped to make our wedding the best day of our lives!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Rachael · Married on 09/22/2017

I used Bourassa Catering for my wedding in September and I really can't say enough good things about them. Natalie was so great to work with leading up the wedding when designing our menu and coordinating the logistics of the day. They were very responsive and flexible and accommodated all of my requests without batting an eye. They really went above and beyond. The staff the day of at our wedding were also lovely. We got so many compliments from guests not only on the food, but on the catering staff themselves!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Sherry · Married on 09/03/2017

We got so many compliments on the food from our cocktail reception. Thanks Bourassa!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Michelle · Married on 12/31/2016

I truly can't say enough good things about our experience working with Bob and his team! The food was amazing and the service was supreme! Bob set up our wedding exactly how we envisioned it. Everyone was super professional and caring. They got back to us quickly and were super flexible to work with. At the reception, they anticipated our needs before we even thought of them making sure we ate and had drinks! I would recommend them to anyone and HOPE that we have a chance to work with them again!!!

Sent on 01/05/2017

Lisa · Married on 08/27/2016

Bourassa Catering & Events is the caterer for you if you're looking to get the most out for your money. Bob will work with you to customize a menu that works for your budget, fits your theme, and WOWs your guests. Bourassa Catering & Events was the caterer for our 300-person wedding (buffet-style) and some of the best compliments we received about them was that there was never a line at the bar and the cocktail hour appetizers were some of the best they ever had (the squash and mushroom empanada was one of the favorites!) Bourassa Catering & Events understands the DIY bride and pays attention to the details! I loved how they displayed the farm fresh grilled vegetables on upside-down wood crates to give the buffet line some charm and dimension. And I cannot say enough about their catering staff! Simply the best! They were professional, courteous, and responsive to the guests and bridal party. They went above and beyond our expectations and took initiative when the opportunity arose.

We had the wedding of our dreams thanks to Bob and Bourassa Catering & Events!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Carla · Married on 06/03/2016

Wow! What a great outfit....from start to finish.The professionalism was apparent the first moment on the phone with Natalie. This woman knows her stuff and the right questions. She spent time with me to determine my goals, then promptly sent an estimate and menus based on those goals. We worked together through the months preceding the rehearsal dinner for 57; Natalie was patient and knowledgable. She thought of things that made such a difference to success of event, but might have been missed without her attention to detail. Natalie was flexible about menu changes and quick responding to questions. I appreciated an updated contract each time we made changes, thereby knowing we were all on the same page. Bob met with me 4 months pre event to look at venue. Bob is also very professional; communication style clear yet low keyed. We walked through the venue and discussed the event from set up to cleanup; certainly calmed my nerves. We all want our special events to be just so.....this lovely group of people work very hard to accomplish it. As for the event, the food and service were spectacular. We opted for a buffet style. Guests loved the food. Set up beautiful, food plentiful, and staff responsive/intuitive at every moment throughout the evening. Again, they knew their stuff...totally professional...yet touched bases with me throughout the evening to make sure my guests and I were happy. Even clean up was a work of art. Wrapped all the leftovers for us to take home.The venue meticulously clean when we left. We were pleased to see Bob Bourassa and wife at our event; it is clear they strive to provide the best possible service to their clients. I would definitely use Bourassa Catering and Events again and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a fabulous catering service!

Sent on 09/01/2016

Jennifer · Married on 11/08/2015

Bob and his crew were wonderful. I got so many compliments on the food and the service! Bob was also very down to earth, professional, and easy to work with. He suffered through at least 12 contract revisions with me! He also handled all our rentals (chairs, linens, tableware) which was such a relief to me. Everyone was on point and friendly the day of. As my guests were RSVPing, they kept asking me- "can I choose all 3 menu options?" Our wedding was a sit-down brunch, and Bob repeatedly mentioned how fun it was to do something a little different for a wedding menu. This was not the response I received when talking to other vendors. Bob was also able to accommodate all the different allergies and dietary restrictions in our guest list. He even whipped up a custom vegan meal for one of our vegan guests (the menu was not totally vegan). I am so glad Bob handled our wedding and I would recommend him to anyone who wants to work with a total professional.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Karen · Married on 09/13/2015

I contracted with Bourassa Catering and Events for an event of 50 guests on Sunday, 9/13/2015. The food was delicious and visually appealing. Natalie in the office provided guidance on what to select. Two of my guests had dietary restrictions and I was prepared to order addtiional food to accomodate them. Natalie showed me how easily the food I ordered could be easily adapted for my two guests and I didn't incur any additional expense. The waitstaff - Jan and Dolores - were delightful, professional and accomodating. I truly did not lift a finger. They were charming and hospitable with my guests. I hit the jackpot with the decision to go with Bourassa Catering for this event and would recommend them without reservation.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Daniel · Married on 09/12/2015

Bob and Natalie were excellent all the way through our wedding. Our guests had nothing but good things to say about all the food! They went above and beyond to make sure that everything was in place, even some things that were not related to catering! I would recommend them to all my friends and family who are looking for a solid catering company!

Sent on 12/01/2015
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 09/27/2014

My wife and I used Bourassa Catering for our outdoor wedding reception on 9/27/2014, of about 90 people. They were fantastic. We built our wedding up from scratch, using our house as the reception venue. During the initial meeting, Bob listened to our likes and dislikes, and then created a menu and proposal that fit our taste buds and wallets.

From that point, we worked with Natalie on putting the rest of the reception together. From the start we had a really good idea of what we wanted, and she worked through any changes that we threw at her - they were extremely flexible with our requests. We had some vegetarians and vegans and were able to create a separate plate for these guests. They were fantastic to work with and conscious about our budget through the whole process. They have a great rapport with other vendors for seating, tents, etc. They provided a “one stop shop” for all things an outdoor wedding would need.

On the day of, the team provided exceptional service. The entire staff was friendly and professional to us and our guests. They took care of all setup (tables looked fantastic) and breakdown, keeping our venue clean

The food was phenomenal. Our guests to this day, still talk about all of the food (appetizers and dinner) they had at our reception and how delicious it was. We could not recommend Bourassa Catering enough.

Sent on 01/03/2015

I worked with Bob Bourassa and his team for my daughter's bridal shower and could not be more pleased. From the variety of food options to the thoughtful suggestions on set-up to the super-friendly waitstaff. Guests at the shower remarked about the variety, presentation, quality and taste of the food selection. A vegetarian at my table commented about how flavorful and plentiful her choices were. It has been almost a month since the event and I am still getting rave reviews! Bourassa Catering is the way to go for all of your catering needs. And if you're ever in the Wallingford area be sure to stop by their pristine eatery for lunch, their salad bar is amazing! Enjoy!!

Sent on 09/10/2014

Nikoo · Married on 06/15/2013

We had the wedding reception in a museum, and it was fabulous because we were in the capable hands of Bourassa Catering. We were blown away by the excellent food and the professional staff and the smooth efficiency with which Bob and his crew conducted the wedding reception for our family.

From the 'meet and greet' to the dinner and the dessert, the term 'well-oiled machine' doesn't even approach the outstanding performance of everyone involved. The chefs were affable at the serving stations, The serving captain kept everything moving on schedule, and every one of the the servers was lovely and alert and helpful.

Thanks for helping us plan this event, stay within budget, and put on a feast for our family and friends.

Bourassa Catering will be our caterer for the next event, too.

Jim and Nikoo McGoldrick

Sent on 06/21/2013

Becca · Married on 09/22/2012

How can I begin to describe the experience of having Bob Bourassa cater our wedding? He first came onto our radar because his company was listed in CT Bride magazine as one of their top recommended vendors. From the very first phone call we had with Bob over a year ago, we had a distinct sense of the warmth, enthusiasm, care, and charisma with which he conducts his business. Going into the tastings, my fiance and I were both "rooting" for Bob to have the best food because we loved his personality and enthusiasm so much. We are both pretty into (one might even say obsessed with) food, so with Bob's help we had designed a fairly exotic buffet menu ranging from pork belly to Indian vegetable curry to duck confit to lobster roll. As soon as we started tasting the food, it was clear that Bob would have sealed the deal, hands down, whether we were rooting for him or not. The food was a slam dunk then, and if anything it tasted even BETTER on the actual day of the wedding, in spite of having to prepare it all in mass quantities. Our group of friends and family include many a hardcore food lover, and they were all completely and utterly WOWED by the spread.

As far as service and professionalism, Bob was there for us 100% throughout the planning process, and assured us back at the tasting that he would be there himself on the day of the wedding and would show up with his "A team." And that's exactly what happened--his staff pulled everything off to perfection, and every single person I interacted with was courteous, professional, friendly, and down-to-earth. I honestly can't imagine how our wedding could have been any better than it was, and a huge part of that was the wise decision to hire Bob Bourassa. I highly and wholeheartedly recommend that you do the same!

Sent on 10/10/2012

I had an extremely positive experience working with Bourassa Catering for my wedding. From my initial contact with Bob, he was fantastic in answering my countless questions throughout the year and quickly became my go-to person for advice on menu selections and day-of logistics. He was always quick with responses and is enormously helpful with suggestions. Most importantly, he offers a fantastic variety of inspired food options that stand out from the typical catering fare. Based on his sample options, we hired him without even testing his food – we figured if he could put together such a wonderful menu, his food must be tasty! Sure enough, we were absolutely thrilled with our food the day of our wedding, and we received many enthusiastic compliments from guests. The service was phenomenal, the staff was down-to-earth, and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend Bourassa Catering for dependable, wonderful service!

Sent on 11/06/2012