Men In Black Reviews

181 | Boston, MA

181 Reviews for Men In Black

• F

Father of the Bride · Getting married on 09/01/2021

Guests will forget the food, decor and ceremony but will remember this band!!

Structural damage to Tewksbury Country Club as 160 friends and family danced, sang, and whooped it up in celebration of my daughter’s wedding with Men in Black. They are EXACTLY what you want in a band for a wedding; great sound, good tunes, a great MC that knows the process (Father of the bride speech, Maid of Honor, Best Man, couple’s first dance and Father-Daughter dance, dinner) and then its GO time. They played over 3 hours straight, no breaks. We added 3 horns and the band was the talk of the wedding. (Still is) When they played “Uptown Funk", the horn section went roving on the dance floor. Electric! The girls in the wedding party took to the stage to sing “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” and then the boys did the same with “Dirty Water and “I’m Shipping’ Up to Boston”. It was a tremendous night of celebration with many thanks to Men in Black.
    Little secret: This band will save you money at the bar because everyone is dancing. Get the horns!

Sent on 01/21/2020

Christine Cassim · Married on 10/22/2020

Amazing amazing amazing!!!

Men In Black is absolutely amazing!! I can not say enough good things about Jeff and the band. We had a few changes during covid and Jeff was extremely repsponsive and patient. (I wanted to make sure they could play on the new wedding date we chose.) Jeff answered app of my questions, was extremely organized, and knows how perform that is best for the flow of a wedding. The band is so talented!!! Everyone was dancing and Raving about how amazing they were. The musical talent is on point!! We added the horns which made it extra special! You will not regret choosing this band for you special day. They truly made our wedding day one we, and all our guests, will never forget!

Sent on 10/26/2020

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2020

Best band ever

Men in Black was nothing short of amazing. We moved our wedding date and moved our wedding location last minute and they were incredible to work with. We had people dancing BEFORE dinner from the second they walked in until they left. Men in Black was the reason our wedding was perfect. Every single wedding guest was raving about them and asking about how we found them and wanting to use them for their own events! I HIGHLY recommend them - you will not regret it. They are nothing but the best.

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Eric

Eric Burbank · Married on 08/03/2020

They were absolutely incredible!

The Men in Black band were absolutely amazing at our wedding. They worked with us to add in the Anniversary Dance during the salad course and a custom reception exit. In addition, they brought the entire wedding party on stage for 15-20 min to dance and gave Eric and I a hilarious tambourine/cow bell solo, all while the rest of the crowd had a dance off right in front of the stage! The tables were empty, every song was a banger, and they were an absolute pleasure to work with, couldn’t have asked for anything better!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Jessica Levy · Married on 08/01/2020

Amazing Entertainers

Jeff and the Men in Black crew did an amazing job with our wedding. We were nervous about having an empty dance floor because of our small wedding. Jeff made sure to have everyone up and dancing. They did a great job singing older songs mixed with new songs. Jeff is not only a great singer but an amazing entertainer. They were so flexible with our venue change 2 months before the wedding. They were great people to work with, would highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/18/2020
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 04/18/2020

Covid bride with an awesome party

I can not say enough about this band. The brought the house down at a time when we all needed this party!!! Can not say enough about this band and the responsiveness of Jeff and flexibility especially during the rescheduling of our wedding because of COVID.

Sent on 09/16/2020
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Leichthammer · Married on 02/12/2020

Excellent Band! Amazing sound, outstanding customer service!

Men in Black is an amazing band to work with. They sound incredible with both male and female vocalists, a vast song list, and incredible instrumental talent. Jeff is very communicative, thorough and detail oriented assuring everything regarding your event is covered. They arrive early with smiles on, and will have your guests on the dance floor until closing time. As a wedding planner, they are a dream vendor! I highly recommend them to my clients, and would hire them personally as well. Consider your band search complete!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Kerry eaton · Married on 01/19/2020

MIB is the best wedding band!

Hands down the best wedding band!! Words cannot begin to describe the incredible show MIB puts on!! They had the whole crowd dancing the entire three hours of our wedding. We got the three additional horn players and it was so worth it. Everyone had an absolute blast! So many people said to me that MIB was "the best wedding band they have ever heard!!" You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/23/2020
  • Caroline

Caroline N · Married on 12/14/2019

Amazing wedding band!

We had a blast at our wedding with Men in Black! They have great enthusiasm and Jeff & Pam are incredible to work with. I recommend adding a horns section if it’s within your budget (we added sax & trumpet). The acoustic guitar during cocktail hour was lovely, and set such a nice tone for the evening. All of our guests raved about the band, and people were on the dance floor all night long--so much fun!
    One disappointment was that we felt they didn’t play our first dance song very well. We had a specially choreographed dance and I shared a video of it with the band ahead of time so they’d know what to expect. When they first started playing the song, it was hard to even recognize as ours. Throughout the middle, they sounded much better, and by the end they were rushing, causing us to have to cut off an entire section of our dance. We were bummed because we worked SO hard on our first dance. However, we still got to do about 90% of our moves, and our guests all loved our first dance anyway.
    Beyond that hiccup, they were lights out, so still 5 stars! So much fun, kept the party going, really engaged with the crowd, and helped shape a memorable and incredible night!

Sent on 12/16/2019
  • Kim

Kim Desto · Married on 11/30/2019

Best part of the entire event!

WOW! is really all I can say about this band... One of the most consistent things people have said about our wedding was how amazing the band was - many even said it was the best wedding band they've ever heard! Everyone at Hang Agency was so friendly, responsive and easy to work wiht, not to mention flexible. They offer so many different services for each part of the day as well. Immediately after our first dance they invited people to join on the dance floor and got the crowd so hyped up that it felt and looked like all 160 of our guests were out there - to start the night off! Needless to say, the dance floor was PACKED like I've never see a dance floor packed before and even my 92 year old grandmother couldn't help but bust a move. One of the best parts about this band is certainly the talent but their personalities! Which in my opinion made all the difference. The band members were singing from the middle of the dance floor getting the crowd super amped up and invited different groups of the wedding party to grab an instrument and participate in the performance. So interactive, fresh and fulll of energy! Your wedding NEEDS these amazingly talented, fun, and super cool musicians!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Alison Gouinlock · Married on 11/23/2019

Hire men in black!

This November, we had the absolute pleasure of having Men in Black perform at our wedding. Not only was Jeff amazing to work with during the planning process, but was the person that truly calmed my husband and I the most, knowing how prepared he was for EVERYTHING.
    From the beginning, we made it clear that we wanted nothing but a packed dance floor- and boy, did they make sure that happened!! Everyone at the wedding, from ages 7 to 80 were out there dancing and interacting with the band.
    They also took the time to learn a few songs that were not on their list, that they knew we wanted to hear!
    Since the wedding, we have had multiple guests reach out to us asking who our band was because they were SO GREAT. Everyone has raved over what a performance they gave and I would HIGHLY recommend that anyone use them for a wedding or any event for that matter!! I promise, they will exceed your expectations, as they did ours!!

Sent on 12/28/2019
  • Gillian

Gillian Davies · Married on 11/05/2019

Men in Black are Stellar!!!

Men in Black performed at our son's wedding, and had the whole house on the dance floor from the first song until the last song. Guests of all ages from flower girls and ring-bearer to twenty-somethings to older folks, including a few octogenarians, were dancing up a storm, and we have been asked multiple times where we found the band. People noted how hard it is to find a band with good vocalists, and said that MIB have great vocalists. People were smiling all night long. Jeff was great to work with, and very professional. He accommodated a special request and provided just the right amount of M.C.'ing - enough to keep things organized and flowing, but not so much as to be overbearing. You are guaranteed to have a great and unforgettable wedding with these folks!

Sent on 05/25/2019
  • Isabel

Isabel · Married on 10/05/2019

Incredible Wedding Band!!

Men in Black rocks!!!! Really and truly. They performed at my wedding last week and my husband and I don't have enough good things to say about Jeff and his band. Our dance floor was packed the ENTIRE night with the most energy I've ever seen at a wedding (and we have been to many!). The band is highly talented, very professional and a joy to work with. They were super attentive to understanding the vibe we wanted at our wedding throughout the planning process and absolutely delivered. Our guests have been raving about them since. Do yourself a favor and book them!!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Sean Davis · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing Band!

Men in Black played at our wedding on 8/31 and were simply amazing. They worked with us to get the song list just right, and they crushed it at the reception. Our guests danced the whole night thanks to them, and the comments after were all about how great they were. Please get them to your wedding asap!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Glen

Glen Merkle · Married on 08/11/2019

I HIGHLY recommend this band!

Men in Black played at our son's wedding reception this past Sunday at Moraine Farm in Beverly, MA. They were absolutely fantastic! All of the weddings we have attended over the past 25 years had DJ's. This experience was SO much better than a DJ! Jeff and his band played with high energy the entire night! The quality of the music was exceptional and the play list kept people dancing all night long! The band made it a point to interact with the wedding party and everyone attending. People are still texting us and letting us know how much fun they had at the reception! Thank you Men in Black for making this a most memorable wedding reception!

Glen and Carol

Sent on 08/13/2019

Kyle Merkle · Married on 08/11/2019

Rocked the house!

Simply put, these guys blew me away. Their song list is extensive and their crowd interaction is unmatched. Our family and friends keep raving about how great they were. They even let me sit in on drums for a song, which made the night even more unforgettable!

My wife and I were very lucky to have Men in Black at our wedding. Big thanks to you guys!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 08/04/2019

Simply amazing!

Jeff and the band were AMAZING! They had the dance floor packed all night and everyone raved about how good they were. They played a great variety of songs and genres and kept all ages happy. They were very interactive and had everyone involved all night. Very professional! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Allison B · Married on 07/27/2019

AMAZING- Cape Cod Wedding

Men in Black was simply incredible. From contacting them to the execution, they far exceeded my expectations. Their energy for the wedding was great and they kept the dance floor rolling the entire evening! My guests raved to me how amazing the band, absolutely loved having them play for our wedding!!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Shaun

Shaun Goulart · Married on 07/21/2019

Topsfield MA. Wedding (7/19/2019)

I am a unique reviewer of Men in Black because I had attended three weddings prior to hiring Jeff and the boys for my wedding day Friday (7/19).

Jeff Fraser is a consummate professional. From the moment we discussed having his band perform at my wedding I was overwhelmed by how thorough, professional and caring he was. Jeff took the time to walk my bride and me through the process of getting ready for our day and he did it in a way that was not overwhelming to us. His approach to our day was organized and focused and it put us at ease with all of the other planning we needed to do. There was no request too big or question too trivial, he made it clear that his job was to make our day great, and he did.

The day of the wedding the band was on time, prepared and ready to rock. Our 150 guests enjoyed them from the first note until the end of the night where everyone was on their feet. Jeff creates an environment that is engaging and makes everyone feel welcome to let go and have fun. I was inundated with questions from guests about how to contact the band for other events throughout the evening. If you hire this group you are also getting musicians that are at the top of their game. If you don't believe me, check the video recorded LIVE on their page, it is the perfect example of their level of play and commitment to entertaining their audience.

My brother has always said to me (who also hired Men In Black in 2011) "the guests will not remember the food or the flowers but they will remember if they had fun." If you hire Men In Black you are putting yourself in a position to have an entertainer who is easy to work with and who will leave your family and friends speechless as they play hit after hit with a full dance floor cutting loose. Do yourself a favor and hire Men In Black, they are that good!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Hannah Curtis · Married on 07/20/2019

Best wedding band - 10/10!

Do yourself a favor and hire Men in Black ASAP!!! They played at our wedding on 7/20...and were amazing!!!! Working with Jeff prior to the wedding was easy and fun, and although our wedding day was 90 degrees, the band came in with an awesome attitude and absolutely crushed it! The song selection was so fun, had everyone on the dance floor all night, interacted with the crowd, and played all the songs we requested. Super professional, everyone in the band was so nice and so talented. Not only do we think they are the best, we had so many wedding guests that came up to us and said they were the BEST wedding band they have ever heard. I'd recommend them to anyone for their upcoming wedding. 10/10 stars!!

Sent on 08/19/2019

Maeve · Married on 06/29/2019

So much fun!!

Men in Black was incredible! All of our guests had so much fun and the dance floor was packed the entire night! They played a variety of songs that appealed to everyone! All of the members of the band are extremely talented! Jeff was wonderful to work with and was a great MC as well! All of our guests cannot stop talking about how great they were! We could not recommend them more!

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah M Godino · Married on 06/28/2019

Most amazing band ever!

MIB took our wedding to the next level. Our guests loved them and our dance floor was packed all night. Before hiring MIB, we went and saw them preform a few times. They put on a great show but it was nothing compared to their performance at our wedding. They had a few surprises in store that really engaged our guests and made the night truly
    memorable. They are amazing!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Sue B · Married on 06/15/2019

Outstanding band for my daughters wedding

I would definitely recommend Men in Black for any function where you’re looking for a live band. They are amazing!
    Jeff took time to coordinate all the details with us for my daughters wedding - to organize all the songs, lineups and correct name pronunciations when introducing the wedding party at the reception.
    They were amazing! I had a guitarist for cocktail hour who was great!!
    The band and their music sounded just like the original artists. I also had horns which were a nice compliment to the band.
    I had so many compliments on Jeff and the band with our guests saying this was the best band at a wedding that they’ve ever been to.
    If you are looking for a band for a wedding -Men in Black should be your choice!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Patti

Patti · Married on 05/26/2019

Best Wedding Band Ever!!!

This band killed it at our wedding! They had a good mesh of songs to please everyone's preferences. They were sharp, totally on point, and very energetic!!! We got so many compliments from our guests!!! Also remember to get the horns. They were incredible.

We were running behind schedule on our wedding day and they did not stress us out at all or let us be stressed by it. They just worked with us and were very flexible. I cannot recommend them more!

Sent on 05/29/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 05/25/2019

I Had the Time of My Life

Phenomenal....Jeff is fantastic. A real showman who got the crowd going and kept going until the very last (set) of songs. I highly recommend them if you want to have a blast at your next event.

Sent on 05/28/2019