Stuti · Married on 10/21/2017
Colleen, our contact at Boscobel, was amazing. She was supremely patient, responsive, and super friendly. She always got back to me on questions I had in a short time frame and was always as accommodating as possible. Boscobel is a beautiful venue, go check it out - you won't be disappointed!Sent on 11/06/2017
Kim · Married on 10/01/2016
As soon as my (now) husband and I visited Boscobel, I knew it was THE place we would get married. The events manager, Colleen, was attentive, kind, and very responsive to all our questions. She made us feel right at home and didn't mind our frequent visits with vendors. It's a unique space to work in, but Colleen made it easy and the wedding was so perfect. She went above and beyond to make our wedding day perfect and I'm so thrilled we chose Boscobel!Sent on 10/10/2016
My only piece of advice is to consider the long walk to the bathroom and your guests; we didn't have very many older guests with mobility issues, but it is a long walk from where the reception tent is set up to the bathroom. We chose not to rent additional bathrooms but if you have room in your budget, it may be something you want to do. Otherwise, I hands down recommend Boscobel as your wedding venue!!!
Elena · Married on 04/18/2014
Beautiful outdoor venue overlooking the Hudson River, Constitution marsh and West Point on the front lawn of the mansion. The staff was outstanding and very accommodating and had back up plans for unpredictable weather. It was also absolutely beautiful for pictures.Sent on 04/22/2014
Rebecca · Married on 05/30/2010
There could not be a more beautiful place to get married in the Hudson Valley than at Boscobel House and Gardens. Of course, all you are renting is the setting - everything else must be brought in - but the backdrop literally looks like a green screen it is so gorgeous.Sent on 06/22/2010
The staff are flexible, friendly, and helpful.
Our guests were shocked by the location - it stole the show! :)
Stacey · Married on 10/17/2015
Pro's:Sent on 11/07/2015
1. You will not find a location more beautiful and stunning.
2. Outlets for vendors make hook up easy
3. Some chairs and tables provided along with 40ft x 40ft tent (the tent isn't ugly or very charming either, we used it to save money and it was fine, but you can always rent a nicer/larger one)
4. Affordable pricing
1. It was cold on our wedding day. Boscobel had informed us that heaters for the tent were provided. However, the heaters turned out to be space heaters designed for small rooms and not large tents. Also, before the wedding we were informed that one of heaters was not working and they had rented a heater. This heater was actually designed for the space, but Boscobel staff were unable to get it working. After the wedding we were informed by the vendor who provided the heater that the staff were using it improperly (user error). So our guests were very cold throughout the reception.
2. Colleen (event coordinator at Boscobel) was in her office when vendors were arriving during the morning and were in need of her help locating outlets and other equipment. After being asked, she did come down and help facilitate setup.
3. In the dressing room several tables were stored that were being used during the reception. While my wife and bridesmaids were dressing, staff members of Boscobel House entered about three times unannounced while they were dressing. Not cool.
User6956028 · 2+ years ago
The staff at Boscobel ruined my wedding. Although we had gone the day before and went over everything, when we arrived nothing was set up. They turned the sprinklers on while we were setting up and we got soaked. Random people walked right through our ceremony procession. We were told boscobel remains open to the public but that our ceremony would be private and that our cost was to ensure security and privacy. There was none. They locked us out of the bathroom several times. Then they told us we had to leave when we still had 1/3 left of what we'd paid for, we lost time with our photographer and our musicians that we paid for. Our guests were hassled and felt they were kicked out abruptly. We intend to pursue legal action. Some of our guests were even told by the front desk that there was no wedding there that day and that they were in the wrong place. I have never encountered such poor staff communication and incompetence in my life. Save yourself the tears and go somewhere else.Sent on 07/21/2016