Bonaventure Resort & Spa Reviews

37 | Fort Lauderdale, FL

37 Reviews for Bonaventure Resort & Spa

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing Venue!

We had our 10/20/18 wedding at Bonaventure and it was an amazing experience. I worked closely with Nikki and then Giselle who both went above and beyond to make sure the day followed my plans and that it was as stress free as possible. The communication from Giselle and checking in throughout the days leading up to the wedding as well as the day of was phenomenal and a great example of customer service. The food was great, we had gorgeous photo ops, and everyone raved about the location and services. If you’re looking for somewhere in South Florida to get married, go to Bonaventure!!

Jodie · Married on 08/11/2018

Nice dealing with Nikki. She was very helpful and both Mehndi and Walima came out great.

Karelle · Married on 04/21/2018

I couldn’t have asked for a better experience. Nikki the event coordinator was excellent, very attentive and knowledgeable. The other staff were very helpful and very professional. The rooms were amazing and the food was perfect. I would definitely stay here again and use the venue for another function .

Sent on 04/27/2018

Bonaventure Resort & Spa's reply:

Karelle, Thank you so much for choosing the Bonaventure Resort & Spa to host your Wedding Day! You were an amazing Bride to work with. We wish you and Chris a lifetime of happiness! Congratulations to the new Mr. & Mrs! Sincerely, Nikki Sullivan Social Catering Manager

alex · Married on 10/14/2017

This review is stritcly for the sales/catering/banquet department. Our wedding on 10/14/17 was absolutely perfect and when we had to move the event from outside to inside due to typical FL weather, the whole team from Nikki to banquet manager and set up team saved the day. The Chef delivered on the quality of the food and everyone loved everything, especially the main meals and the lamb. Our reception bartender was also excellent. I would highly recommend anyone to deal with Nikki Sullivan and her team for future weddings.

Sent on 10/26/2017

Bonaventure Resort & Spa's reply:

thank you Alex! Here at the Bonaventure we had so much fun facilitating your wedding! I am so pleased to know you and Scott enjoyed yourselves. Congratulations once again and wishing you nothing but a happy life! Sincerely, Nikki Sullivan =)

Doreen · Married on 07/15/2017

We had our daughter's wedding there July 15, 2017 - BEST MOVE EVER !!! All of our guests loved the food. Nikki Sullivan took full charge and made every single detail happen and make it perfect. Nothing was too much trouble. Out of town guests loved staying right at the hotel. The rooms were great. We had our own bridal dressing suite for hair and makeup all day. They handled all of our vendors coming and going and kept me in the loop as the rooms transformed to surpass our expectations!!! And the catering staff were all amazing and everyone so accommodating right down to the last detail. And the price was right. Don't make the mistake of going anywhere else !!!! (We had our ceremony at the church and had the Cocktail Hour in their wonderful Society Lounge and the reception in the Grand Ball Room.

• F

Florencia · Married on 06/16/2017

Hello Everyone and congratulations on your Engagement! HAPPY PLANNING! My nickname for the past year and a half has been BRIDEZILLA (very sarcastic) lol because I was the most calm bride to be. No one could believe it. I guess what took off all the weight of my shoulders or should I say WHO took all the weight off my shoulders was Nikki Sullivan. She was very calm and looked like she had done this for years so therefore; I was calm. I wanted a lot of things and specific things and she had all the patience in the world with me. She not only answered to each and every question I had but she gave me options and recommended what was best. She worked with all the vendors to make sure everything would go smoothly as planned. My hairdresser took long and I was late 30 minutes LATE to the ceremony but my Hero, NIKKI pushed everything back half an hour so we wouldn't loose time. That was incredible because as soon as i was finally turning in to bridezilla, she walked right in to my bridal suit and told me not to worry cause everything was pushed back and cocktail hour as well as reception were intact. Our families and friends LOVED the wedding as well as the resort and the few families that stayed after LOVED thier suite and the POOL. All the attention was incredible. I'm forgetting about the AMAZING BARTENDER AND BANQUET STAFF. They were not only polite but they were also genuinly happy and treated us like royalty, they also brought us a little bit of everything to our sweetheart table EVEN drinks!! The cake was included in our package, out of the 3 cake vendors we chose EDIBLE CREATION CAKES. We called and made the appointment 3 weeks before to do the tasting and it was awesome we tried all their flavors and picked the 2 we loved the most. Our cake was beautiful, delicious OH and DELIVERED very carefully. YOU CAN TRUST ALL THESE PEOPLE WITH YOUR PERFECT WEDDING DAY.
    -Mrs LOPEZ

Michele · Married on 05/05/2017

I have to give them 5/5 Because this place was amazing no matter who we worked with everyone was so helpful and professional. We worked with Gisele at first but the last person who handled our wedding and all our wedding needs was Nikki. She is so amazing so attentive and helpful I can remember during the reception my hair was falling and she found hair pins for me and helped me pin my hair back up. Bonaventure Resort and Spa its self was amazing our room was beautiful and the grounds are breathtaking you will have plenty of places to take pictures and the food was amazingly delicious oh and the cake in the package was from We Take The Cake and omg so yummy. If you are looking for a venue go here you won't be disappointed I promise!!!!!!!

Barbara · Married on 04/23/2017

Our wedding at the Bonaventure Resort & Spa on 4/23/17 was AMAZING and we're so glad we decided to book our event there!! First of all, I have to give a huge thanks to Nikki, the social catering manager, who did an incredible job throughout the whole process! She was so helpful, accommodating, knowledgeable, and on the day of the wedding, she kept the entire day running smoothly! And the banquet staff as well as all of the hotel staff were so great! Our family and friends had an incredible time at the wedding and everyone that stayed at the hotel had a great experience as well! We had about 75 people at our wedding and they all had nothing but wonderful things to say about the event, the food (which was delicious), and how organized everything was! I highly recommend the Bonaventure Resort & Spa. We couldn't be happier!! Best day ever!!

Liz · Married on 08/06/2016

I used Bonaventure for both my daughters weddings and would highly recommend using this venue. The grounds are beautiful for photos, food excellent, great service, excellent staff nice rooms and restaurants located on site. Giselle is very accommodating and friendly to work with. She made sure the wedding was a success and it was truly gorgeous.

Chelsea · Married on 05/29/2016

Bonaventure Resort is a beautiful and convenient place to have a wedding. From start to finish Giselle (our wedding coordinator) was responsive, understanding, and patient with us. She respected our vision and did everything in her power to make the experience perfect for us. The best part of having our wedding here was the convenience. We spent the whole weekend at the resort with friends and family. It gave the feel of a destination wedding. Also, I loved how we didn't have to worry about anything the day of the wedding. The set up and tear down was included and left us with little to no stress. I would recommend this venue to anyone I know.

Bonaventure Resort & Spa is absolutely a beautiful venue to have a wedding or any event. My daughter's wedding was by far the best event I have ever planned because of the outstanding staff and beautiful venue. I would like to personally thank Giselle for her outstanding professionalism and service. My daughter and new son-in-law's wedding was perfect! The planning was very smooth, which resulted in a successful event! We received positive feedback and wonderful compliments from every guest who attended the wedding.

I recommend Bonaventure Resort & Spa to anyone who is looking for the absolute best experience in a catering venue. The prices are competitive as well. I have worked with the Ritz Carlton and other large hotel chains in the past, but Bonaventure surpassed them all!

I will definitely plan other events at Bonaventure Resort & Spa in the future!

J · Married on 11/29/2015

Very helpful staff always at your beckon call. I have no complaints, regrets and had a lovely stay as well. Wonderful venue for your special day, they truly made my day special. :-)

Paige · Married on 11/14/2015

Beautiful place to get married :) The staff is so nice, helpful, and friendly!!! I worked with Giselle for my wedding and she is the BEST!!! She went above and beyond to make my day extra special for me. She helped me organize many details- big and little. I will actually miss working with her-it was fun. She is super sweet, professional, and gets the job done. She organized all my vendors arriving and helped organize a successful (and beautiful) backup plan when it rained the day of my wedding. Dawn (so nice!) at Bar Zen took care of my bridal party the night of the rehearsal. The food was delicious- from cocktail hour to reception. Tony the banquet captain is AWESOME! We had a brunch the next morning and Tony even had one of my leftover wedding cake tiers on display and sliced and served which I loved. Staff just went out of their way to make everything beautiful. Thank you to Bonaventure Resort and Spa.

Sabrina · Married on 08/30/2015

Our Big Day was August 30th we had planned for months for the perfect outside event. However uninvited guest Tropical Storm Ericka changed everything. As the bride I was beyond nervous, stressed, and panicked all the emotions you could imagine. But Giselle Roach, Catering Sales Manager was there with me the entire time. She began working with me on the backup plan for the ceremony 6-days in advance of the wedding and pending storm. She was in communication with me several times a day since we lived over 2-hours from the venue we spoke on the phone and emailed often. The ceremony was transitioned to the inside Atrium the decorations were beautiful and many of my guest never kn

• Joy

Joy · Married on 02/15/2015

Very proffessional staff. Giselle, the wedding planner assigned to my event from this venue was actually more helpful than the outside one I hired. She was able to help me with many last-minute details. My wedding has been the talk of my family and friends for over a month. My wedding flowed extremely well and everything was as timely as it could have been given the circumstances. I had about 450 guests, many from out of town and out of the country (Nigeria and Haiti). They were all pleased, treated well, and very impressed with this venue. I would recommend to anyone with a wedding big, or small. The accommodations are also amazing. Resort rooms are luxurious and PERFECT for getting ready!
    My video footage was beautiful. It almost looked as though my husband and I had a destination wedding.

• I

Ina · Married on 10/12/2014

The venue and grounds are beautiful!! We had a lot of out of town guests who stayed for the weekend, and kept commenting on how beautiful and peaceful the resort was.

I worked very closely with the special events coordinator, Kristin, who was so accommodating, patient, and attentive. The staff was wonderful to work with on the day of the event, and paid so much attention to me and my husband...we always had a drink in our hands!!! A wonderful venue to have a wedding!!

Lindsey · Married on 05/10/2014

Amazingly gorgeous venue. We get married in front of the waterfall in the rainforest, had cocktail hour at the cabana bar and had an amazing reception in the ballroom. Food was to die for! Kristin Beer was the most helpful and amazing person there. ALL of the servers were absolutely amazing and courteous. An absolute MUST for a South Florida wedding!

Margarita · Married on 05/03/2014

When my husband and I first got engaged, his parents to us to Irelands restaurant in the Bonaventure resort and spa for dinner to celebrate our engagement. While we were there my husband mentioned that this would be a great place to get married. So when we were looking at venues I contacted them on the off chance that it would work out. And boy did it! They were amazing. We worked with John Dillis while he was there and then with Kristin Beer when she took over. They were both amazing and patient! They were very helpful and knowledgeable. The location is beautiful, the food was great (way better than most wedding food), but the service was by far the best thing about Bonaventure. Every single employee there was kind and willing to help out in any way possible. Also, we rented out Ireland's for our rehearsal dinner and we couldn't of asked for a better place! The manager at Ireland's, Enrique, was so amazing. He really pulled out all the stops to make our guests and us feel like we were family. I truly loved working with everyone there!

Sent on 05/15/2014

Bonaventure Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful compliments Margy! May you and seth have a happy & healthy marriage! Come back and see us any time! Mazel!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/19/2013

Bonaventure Resort and Spa was not only a beautiful venue, they were perfect. What made it a perfect venue was the coordinator, Kristin Beer. She was there for us every step of the way. She provided us with everything we needed and made us feel so comfortable. My whole wedding morning was completely stress free because of her and her team. They also had so many places to take beautiful pictures we ran out of time getting them! They have a spa area for pictures, a really nice bar, and our cocktail hour was right on the golf course. Our gusts raved about the cocktail hour location (we were at the tiki bar). Words cannot express how beautiful and perfect our wedding was because of our venue. Bonaventure Resort and Spa knows how its done!

Alicia · Married on 06/08/2013

Both John and Kristin were amazing. They were there to help us the entire way. My husband and I planned our wedding in three months, and John and Kristin helped us pull off a beautiful wedding without a hitch. I would most definitely recommend anyone to have their wedding at the Bonaventure Resort and Spa. All of our guests raved about everything and were very impressed by the location and by the food and quality of service. Everyone received excellent service by the wait staff, especially myself and my husband. We were very pleased with everything.

Sent on 07/16/2013

Bonaventure Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you Alicia! We loved having your family here it was an absolute pleasure to be apart of your special day #ataylorwedding2013!!!

Bruce · Married on 06/01/2013

Awesome. Everyone loved the food, venue and hotel

Sent on 07/11/2013

Bonaventure Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you for your review Bruce! We truley enjoyed being apart of your day!

Viorel · Married on 06/01/2013

I needed a place that looks luxury , not very crowded , spacious and at an acceptable price .
    After I saw the overpriced places near the beach , and after we saw many other places , we went to see The Bonaventure resort and Spa . And once we saw the place we felt that is the perfect place for a wedding . It have so many nice areas for pictures , and is very spacious , and not crowded .
    Also we were lucky to have Mr John Dillis as our catering manager ; He is very experienced and was very helpful . We wouldnt make it without Him . Working with professional and energetic people is very important for an event . Also the price beat any other similar place .
    I highly recommend this place .

erin · Married on 03/23/2013

We originally signed with Bonaventure when they were owned by the Hyatt. David and his team did such a great job in helping us make a smooth transition! Our day was truly perfect and all of our guests raved about how delicious our food was!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Bonaventure Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you for your review Erin! We loved having your whole family here! Hora Loca was so fun!

This is a truly magnificent venue with implecable white glove service. The staff goes above and beyond their duties to please the customer.