Bokeh Lane Photography Reviews

Bokeh Lane Photography 6
Bokeh Lane Photography 7
  • Beth

Beth · Married on 03/02/2019

Nicole and Jose-the best, the most incredible photos-Missed nothing and checked out the venue prior to the wedding and making a plan with the bride and groom. I know as a bride's mother, I am biased, but these were most superior photos of any wedding. I hope some of the photos are used in Bokeh Lane's photo albums that they used to show their work. They used the venue in the most creative way and caught the mood, the couple and the family and guests in a way that will make wonderful long term memories. Also, this was our new Rabbi's first wedding and she also liked how the ceremony and ketubah signing were photographed.

Bokeh Lane Photography 9
    Bokeh Lane Photography 10

Marie Vincenty · Married on 10/10/2018

10/10/18 Courthouse Wedding PERFECT

Bokeh Lane Photography is the best around. The time and effort put forth was by the photographer was outstanding.
    The photos were breathtaking. I cannot thank them enough for the beautiful professional photos and their expertise. It truly was an experience that we will treasure.

Diane · Married on 09/02/2018

Jose & Nicole contacted me right away after WW inquiry and we set a time to first talk, then meet with the bride and groom and see samples of work (I am MOB). So happy we hired them. The engagement photos came out amazing, and I can't wait to see the wedding photos. Will update later with wedding photos. Bride and groom loved working with them!

• I

Ian · Married on 06/09/2018

Jose was very professional. He accommodated me even though it was last minute. 5/5 stars . I will use again.

Taylor · Married on 06/01/2018

Nicole and Jose were great! They took amazing photos and thought ahead- even bringing a bottle of champagne to help us celebrate!

• Jaunita

Jaunita · Married on 04/14/2018

Best wedding photographer ever!!

Bokeh Lane is an excellent choice for wedding photographers. Jose and Nicole are professional, personable, care as much about the success of the wedding as you do, and, most importantly, take great photos. We did our engagement photos with them which was key for us to get a sense of each other during a photo shoot. They communicated with us as frequently as needed and were very responsive. When they attended our venue walkthrough they were looking for ways to make the photos wonderful for us and also pointed out ways to improve our ceremony and reception based on their experiences. During the wedding day, they did the right amount of taking photos but not getting in the way – whether during the getting ready or the ceremony.

Bokeh Lane Photography 11
    Bokeh Lane Photography 12

Amanda · Married on 10/21/2017

Jose and Nicole are wonderful!

Jose and Nicole were lovely to work with, and as a fellow photographer who is incredibly critical of photos of myself, I can confidently say their photography is fantastic! My fiance and I loved working with them, and would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Christine

Christine · Married on 09/23/2017

If we did one thing right in planning out our September wedding, it was hiring Jose and Nicole as our photography team! Not only were they incredibly responsive right out of the gate, but they took special care to meet with us before hiring to make sure that everything "clicked". One of the best parts about working with Nicole and Jose was how much emphasis they put on us feeling comfortable; they expressed that they wanted it to feel more like "friends" taking your pictures than a stiff photography team you hadn't met before the day of your wedding. The week before the wedding we were able to do a walkthrough of the area to decide on where to take pictures for the first look, wedding portraits, and family pictures, which really cut down on the decision time on the day-of! On our wedding day, Jose arrived early, and we were able to take ALL of our pictures (including family portraits!) on a very tight timeline before rushing to the park about a 1/2 mile away for the ceremony. Jose was even kind enough to carry my heels in his bag so I could use my backup flip-flops while we walked to do our portraits a few blocks down. He was, as he told us he would be, basically invisible during the ceremony- not once did I hear a shutter click or honestly remember seeing him during, but the pictures speak for themselves- he really captured everything!

After the wedding, Jose and Nicole were so kindly able to provide us with a few shots to use for our newspaper announcements, and the full set of pictures followed very shortly after. If you're on the fence about hiring Bokeh Lane Photography, don't hesitate! Their professionalism and quality really shine, and we are so happy we chose them. And the best part? Jose and Nicole were right- we really did feel like we had friends taking our pictures on our wedding day.

Bokeh Lane Photography 13
    Bokeh Lane Photography 14
    Bokeh Lane Photography 15
    Bokeh Lane Photography 16
    Bokeh Lane Photography 17
  • Z

Zoya · Married on 06/30/2017

This review is long overdue. We hired Nicole and Jose for our wedding shenanigans. They were very courteous and accommodating to many requests we had. Not only does Jose have creative superpowers behind the camera, gifted with unique artistry and vision for capturing timeless moments with great lighting and perspective, he is also extremely professional and a joy to work with. And Nicole brings high vibration and energy into his work and that’s what makes the best team.

Jose was our photographer and Nicole was the “director”. We hired them for 2 days, first day was mehendi (pre-wedding celebration) and second day was for the wedding. Nicole went above and beyond to make sure all the guest are out of the way, directed my crazy big family, also, helped us get into poses and helped make adjustments to our position to ensure good posture, angle, symmetry, etc. Both Jose and Nicole are very meticulous and thorough about their work! Jose is a very precise photographer, and he goes in knowing what he wants. My husband and I had no idea on what to expect; however, Jose gave us very clear guidance on how he wanted us positioned, showing us snapshots from his camera and checking-in that we liked what we were seeing. His candids are solid as well, every photo is beautiful, but his targets are posed photos and he is extremely specific in how to compose them. I can't thank them enough for making our special day memorable, and for giving us memorable photos of our wedding. We are so glad we chose Bokeh Lane Photography to capture our memories. If you are looking for wedding photographers in DMV, you deserve to work with them. Trust me, they are the right team to capture your special moments.

Bokeh Lane Photography 18
    Bokeh Lane Photography 24
    Bokeh Lane Photography 25
    Bokeh Lane Photography 26

Ellen · Married on 04/09/2017

From the moment we spoke with Jose & Nicole we knew we wanted them to photograph our wedding! Their photos are amazing, but what really set them apart was them. We ended up not meeting them until the day before the wedding, when we did a venue walk through, and it was like being with old friends. They made sure to understand our vision for the day and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera to the point that I forgot they were there.

Everyone tells you to slow down and take in your wedding day, but on the day of it flies by in a blink. Jose & Nicole were able to capture our wedding in a way that showed genuine emotions and captured us for who we are. I can not explain how happy we are with their service and the photos of our wedding. I will be using them in the future for all my future needs and hopefully sooner than later!

Nancy · Married on 04/08/2017

If there was anything we did right for our wedding day it was hiring Jose and Nicole. From the beginning they were very accomodating, helpful and all around a warm, fun and friendly couple to be around. We met a few times before the wedding to do a walk through at the venue and put together the timeline so when our wedding day finally arrived we felt like our close friends were taking out photos. They captured the energy of the evening and my husband and I look very natural in all of our photos! We gained a valuable friendship and we will be using them again for all of our major life events.

Amy · Married on 02/18/2017

Bokeh Lane Photography is in a league of their own. Jose & Nicole are some of the most genuine & kind people with a serious creative eye. We are D.C. transplants, but we wanted photos from where we met in NYC. When we brought this up to them they were more than happy to travel up to New York to take some photos of us; so of course we opted to do this instead of our engagement session! I am so happy that we did this because we ended up going getting shots some spectacular shots with incredible city views! I recommend Bokeh Lane Photography everyone I know because I know they will not disappoint!

Alicia · Married on 12/17/2016

Jose and Nicole are an incredible team to work with and they were so much fun to have with us on our wedding day. Throughout the entire process they were able to accommodate our needs and wants from the features included in our wedding package to figuring out what our photography style was, as we have never had professional photos done before. They made sure we were totally comfortable in front of the camera and you can tell in our photos just how much fun we were having! We will be using them for everything in the future, they truly are great!

Delshad · Married on 09/09/2016

My wife and I could not have asked for a better photography duo then Jose and Nicole. We knew we were in great hands since the initial consultation with Jose to the day of the big event! Professionalism is an understatement with the team at Bokeh Lane Photography, in that they not only met our expectations but far exceeded them, by providing a personal touch to the experience of photographing and forever preserving the memories of our wedding! At the end of the night, not only were we extremely satisfied with the unique shots devised by the team, but we felt as though we gained a new set of friends!

Stephanie · Married on 06/25/2016

I cannot begin to say enough nice things about Jose, Nicole and their great service. My (now) husband hired Jose in December of 2015 to capture our proposal. Since then Jose and Nicole have take our engagement photos and most recently our wedding. They are a fantastic duo and capture the most incredible moments that you would not imagine. The whole day of getting ready shots to the end of our reception they were there. At our reception we did not even notice they were there. They capture all moments while not interfering with anything taking place almost becoming invisible. haha My husband I LOVE all of our photos and are having a hard time choosing our favorites. We look forward to many many more photos sessions with them throughout the years to come. Jose and Nicole are very professional, courteous, responsive and in a way become family. Thank you for everything!

Kate · Married on 11/21/2015

Jose was very professional and easy to work with. He did a fantastic job with capturing every aspect of our special day. Overall, we had a great experience with Jose and would definitely recommend!

Samantha · Married on 09/19/2015

Jose is an incredible photographer! He is extremely professional and made the entire process easy and comfortable, which was so appreciated as many of you know wedding planning can get quite stressful! His creative ideas and attention to detail truly showed in our engagement and wedding photographs! Highly recommend!!

Pedro · Married on 09/19/2015

As a catering business owner myself and knowing the importance of hiring the right people to handle stages of any special event , We chose Jose Ruiz to be our photographer for our wedding, held on Sept of 2015. After meeting Jose at my best friends wedding the previous year, and seen examples of his work and discussing his experiences, I felt Jose was the best choice for us to hire to capture and handle all stages of photography for our big and most important day of our lives. And we were right!!
    Jose is a true professional, enthusiastic, reliable and creative. I highly recommend Jose (Bokeh Lane Photography) to anyone that would want their special wedding day memories to be captured at its best.
    Thanks, Pedro A.

Service was awesome! Jose did an amazing job capturing our special day. He was extremely accommodating and helpful throughout the process. We would definitely recommend him to anyone!

Julie · Married on 04/25/2015

Jose is one of the best photographer i have worked with. We hired him as our wedding photographer. Our venue was in Cambridge MD ( about 2 hours away ) he still came on time and did everything . Very professional, and I was very pleased with his service. Thank you Jose!

Angie · Married on 11/22/2014

We could not be any happier with Jose and his service. We were not looking to have an engagement shoot done because we are not used to being in front of the camera and can be pretty shy and uncomfortable. An engagement shoot is included in every package and with good reason. With Jose's advice, we decided to step out of our comfort zone and scheduled our engagement shoot and this made a huge difference in our overall experience. Jose was very friendly and professional but as you can already assume we were pretty shy at first. By the time our engagement session was finished we felt like we were models doing our everyday thing. When our wedding day came, being in front of the camera felt normal to us. Jose's personality and professionalism made us feel very comfortable and you can see that in ever single image that he provided. Our wedding set looks GREAT!!! You cannot tell in any image that I do not like being in front of the camera. We are actually expecting a baby soon so we also going to have our maternity photos done through him. We highly recommend Jose to future brides and grooms and we are going to contact Jose for all of our future life events.

Danyel · Married on 08/28/2014

I would advice them to hurry up and book this vendor... They are amazing at what they do. Very Professional. They capture all of the amazing moments throughout the ceremony. I absolutely love them!!!

Stephanie · Married on 06/08/2014

Working with Jose was so amazing. You want the perfect photographer for your wedding day, and you just want everything to be perfect, and he did exactly that. Every shot he captured was pure happiness and he definitely helped me feel comfortable. Whats great is i met him in college, i watched him grow as a photographer and he is absolutely amazing!! I would recommend him to anybody looking for a wedding photographer. 5 stars easy!!

If I could give them even more stars I would.

First, Jose is great at answering his emails. He usually responds from within a few hours to a day at the latest. He is extremely nice and energetic over emails. I (unfortunately) never had the experience to speak with him over the phone. Emails were good enough for me since it was the most convenient. He helped us organize for our shooting locations for our engagement shoot and pre-wedding ceremony shots.

He's super funny, quirky, and is still very professional. His creativity really shines when he is in his element. He's super fun and engaging.

At our wedding, Jose and his team were on time. Everyone at our wedding was complementing on how great of a person he was and he was very patient with everyone when taking group shots when the kids would not stay still. We can't stop watching the highlight reels/photos. They are simply wonderful!

To date, Bokeh Lane Photography has been worth every penny.