29 Reviews for Bob Raina's Disc Jockey Service

Uplighting (6)
Do-Not-Play List (5)
Liability Insurance (2)
29 Bob Raina's Disc Jockey Service Reviews

DJ Bob was a HIT at our wedding- great set lists and super approachable. We met with him a couple times prior to the wedding and he was extremely professional. He was very helpful when it came
To picking songs and clearly cared about the kind of music/vibe we wanted for our wedding. Would highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Norah , 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Working with Bob was awesome! He was so professional and organized throughout the whole planning process! He introduced us to new ideas for getting the most out of our reception, and we were so happy we listened to him! The reception flowed smoothly and everyone was happy. He knew exactly how to cater to the older crowd and younger crowd to get everyone on the dance floor. He played special attention to our recommended song list, and used the list to create a playlist that fit our personalities best. He was fun, energetic and had the dance floor full the entire night!

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/25/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, MC, One Event Per Day

Bob was wonderful in terms of helping us think through the flow of our wedding day beforehand and helping us "get our heads in the game." He came up with the idea for a scavenger hunt (which we never would have thought of) and our guests loved it! Highly recommend working with Bob.

Profile Picture E, 6/10/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Bob Raina is hands down the best DJ! We just had our wedding on June 2nd and he was awesome! He provided ceremony music,up lighting and music for the reception. The uplighting looked awesome. He felt out the crowd and played different genres of music. Which is good because my dad loves those oldies and bob definitely nailed them. Everyone had so much fun. My dad even danced the whole night which is a huge shock because my dad hates to dance haha! We received so many compliments about bob throughout the night. One of our guests said “every song that I would want to hear at a wedding your Dj played” he also made sure to go over every detail for our day and everything went so smoothly. I would recommend bob to everyone for weddings or event. I will definitely be using bob in the future and I hope everyone else does to because I’m telling you he’s one of a kind.
Thank you again so much for making our wedding a night to remember!

- Lynn And Terry Wiggins

Profile Picture Lynn, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Cannot say enough good things about Bob Raina's DJ service. He has a fill-in-the-blank worksheet that is so helpful for developing the flow of the day. He helped us pick out a song for our first dance. He was able to work with my father for the father-daughter dance song. He even brought up-lighting for the reception, which was all the decor we needed. All in all I would 110% recommend Bob Raina's DJ Service for your wedding!

Profile Picture Becci, 5/11/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Bob was easy-going, very professional, and a pleasure to work with. People were on the dancefloor all night, and he even played a few extras at the end to keep the party going. He helped coordinate entrances and made sure everything was on schedule. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bob is one of the best DJ’s my wife and I have ever met. Bob’s experience cannot be overstated. He is a true professional from the first day you meet him right up to the day of the wedding. It was great to have Bob who was both reliable and thorough in his preparation during the busy month leading up to the wedding. My wife and I enjoy listening to a lot of music and requested Bob play some less traditional music during our ceremony. Bob was very receptive to our requests, while providing suggestions from his experience DJ’ing hundreds of weddings in the past. The day of the wedding Bob crushed all the music. He had our unique ceremony go off without a hitch, our families loved the Italian music during dinner, and our friends danced late into the night. We will suggest Bob to anyone and everyone in the future. Thanks for being an awesome DJ Bob!!

Profile Picture Michael, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I are so glad that we picked Bob as our wedding DJ. He was such a pro throughout the process, from the initial meeting, to the details meeting, to the wedding itself. Of all of our vendors, Bob was one of the most well-prepared and was quick to respond to our e-mails. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture Julie, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were very impressed with the service! Bob kept the crowd alive all night and was very accommodating! Thank you Bob Raina!!! - Chris and Tyrone

Profile Picture Christopher, 7/15/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

Bob Raina did an incredible job at our wedding. From the first phone call, he was professional and full of lots of great advice. He was very understanding, and flexible, as I had a hard time deciding on songs for the ceremony, and gave me plenty of extra time to figure it all out. He was seamlessly about to transition between three locations, we had an outdoor ceremony, an outdoor cocktail hour (in a separate location), and the indoor reception. Our wedding was smaller than most, 74 people, and I was worried people might not be comfortable dancing, but he had everyone up and moving the entire night. One of the most valuable things about him...he knows what songs will bring down the party, and is successfully able to filter those song requests. I would recommend DJ Raina without hesitation to anyone searching for a DJ.

Profile Picture Patricia, 9/18/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day

Bob did such a great job at our wedding! He accommodated our requests and gave great suggestions when we weren't sure what to do. He also really helped us figure out the timeline for the evening and all of the little details that made me feel much more relaxed. We looked very professional at our event and was unobtrusive but got everybody partying!

Profile Picture Chrissy, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Bob Raina did a fantastic job, really knows how to keep the attention of the party goers, and we didn't have to worry about one thing on our wedding day! Thank you for making our day special!!

Profile Picture Pamela, 5/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were truly happy with Bob. He was so responsive and helpful, and really made sure we were happy throughout. We highly recommend him.

Profile Picture User7254337, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bob was really well organized from when we first met him to the day of the event. I would highly recommend using him for your wedding or event.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

As you will learn when planning a wedding, a DJ is more than a music provider - they are the life and soul of the party and emcee the entire evening. Bob Raina is a class act and listens to your needs with attentiveness. Trust me - you cannot go wrong with this guy. He kept the dance floor alive all night and has vast experience in all matters that count in a reception. All our guests are raving about the evening, and he was a true professional in all respects. His rates are extremely reasonable and we would recommend him to anyone. This will be the best decision you make - trust me.

Profile Picture Graham, 9/2/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, MC

Bob is a great DJ. From the initial outreach though the day of our wedding, he was very easy to get in touch with and very responsive. He took the time to help us pick out the perfect music for our ceremony and incorporated some special requests from us for our cocktail hour and dinner music. In addition, Bob was a great emcee - he helped us transition from one event to the next in such a way that we never felt rushed or worried about keeping to a schedule. Best of all, he kept our dance floor packed all night! He played the right music at the right time to keep our guests dancing. We got nothing but rave reviews from all of our guests about how much fun the dancing was. We got exactly what we hoped for in a DJ, and are really happy we chose Bob Raina.

Profile Picture Erica, 7/30/16, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

I was feeling very overwhelmed with trying to choose a DJ for our wedding. Bob was on the preferred vendor list of our venue, but he had also DJ'd our wedding planner's wedding. So, we knew we were in good hands. He kept things going, and there was no point during the wedding where people were not on the dance floor. He was able to read the guests, and played what kept them on the dance floor. He checked with us periodically, as well, to make sure things were going as we had planned. I cannot say enough about him, and the services he provided.

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Bob was the DJ at our wedding on 6/18, and I couldn't have been happier with his services! I received so many compliments on the music played during dinner; that it was beautiful and not your "standard wedding classical". Bob was extremely professional and thorough, we couldn't have been happier! Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I were skeptical about whether we even wanted a DJ at our wedding: we were all but set on renting some powerful speakers and setting up our own playlists. However, we are so glad that we went with Bob. He made the evening run more smoothly, facilitated toasts, and reacted to the crowd in a way that kept the energy high on the dance floor. Anyone who is considering whether or not to use a DJ for their wedding, I would STRONGLY encourage you to have a conversation with Bob Raina.

Profile Picture User6753254, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day

Three weddings, one family, one DJ!
Sister #1- My name is Rebecca. My husband and I got married five years ago on June 5, 2010, He was so professional and friendly when we met him for the first time that we knew right away we wanted him to DJ our wedding. He did an AMAZING job. We got so many compliments about how well the reception flowed and how fun the dancing was and that was all thanks to Bob. If you want everyone up dancing and having a good time, definitely use Bob! After our wedding, my sister and brother both had him DJ their weddings and every time we were impressed at how good Bob is at what he does.

Sister #2- My name is Sarah and my husband and I got married May 25, 2013. My older sister had Bob DJ her wedding, we also knew right away that we would also like him to do ours. He did such an amazing job, he knows how to get people on the dance floor, which we LOVED. He speaks very clearly and keeps the reception moving smoothly. I highly recommend him to all my friends who are planning their wedding. He is by far the best DJ, I would not change a thing about that day!

(Sister #3 to be posted separately)

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

(Post continued from Sisters 1&2 who also used Bob)

Sister#3-My name is Jenna and I married Becky and Sarah's brother Dave. Our wedding day was October 10, 2015. For us, we never even considered another DJ. After seeing his work at both Becky and Sarah's weddings, we would without-a-doubt HAVE to have him. We were so confident that he would do exactly what we wanted him to do and he would do it exceptionally well. He was so friendly when we met him and extremely easy to talk to. We were unsure about what exactly we wanted or how the reception SHOULD go...but Bob was SO helpful in giving us suggestions. He told us what was popular at receptions today and what songs would also be a huge hit. Not only was he extremely knowledgeable in his industry, but he orchestrated the reception perfectly. Before he did anything he let us know so we weren't caught off guard. I could go on about great he was but I won't. Let me just say, stop looking for your DJ! GO WITH BOB RAINA! He's definitely the best.

Profile Picture Jenna, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Bob was Absolutely Great! After witnessing some lack luster DJ's and convinced that we would never use a DJ at our own wedding, we meet Bob while taking part in a close friends wedding and were really impressed. Upon doing our own wedding planning we immediately booked Bob, and could not be happier that we did! Throughout the whole process Bob kept in constant contact making sure that all the details were in place. We meet with Bob a month before our wedding to go over specifics, from that meeting we came up with a songs list based on our personal style and reviewed the pronunciation of everyone's name so there would be no mistakes. On the wedding day Bob got to the site early and got set up for both our ceremony and reception. He coordinated great wit the other vendors and the whole event went off without a hitch. Our ceremony was perfectly timed and the music was excellent. Bob really took charge of reception, he meet with the wedding party to go over the order of the evening and kept the whole night flowing. Our music was the very best, our guests all commented on how great Bob was and we could not have been happier with the whole experience. Four months later we are still getting comments on how great the music was at our wedding. We have and will continue to recommend Bob to all of our friends, families, and strangers.Bottom Line If you are looking for a great professional DJ Bob is your guy!

Profile Picture Patrick, 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Bob Raina provided his DJ services for our Wedding at the Society Room in Hartford, Ct on September 5, 2015. From start to finish he was patient, kind, and very attentive to every question, concern and need. He fulfilled everything we hoped and wanted for our wedding guests. He exceeded all our expectations. He made our wedding magical and memorable. We had a little of everything for the young and old. People commented on how great he was and how much fun they had. We will highly recommend Bob Raina for any event. Thank you Bob for providing a great time at our wedding!!
Kurtis and Brianna Brown

Profile Picture Kurtis and Brianna, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were beyond thrilled with the music/entertainment Bob provided at our wedding. Bob was the first DJ we met in person and we knew that we didn't need to look any further. He was super laid back and took the time to offer lots of advice to us when choosing songs for all different parts of the ceremony/reception. He would play songs until we found what we were looking for, and it was really knowledgable of all genres of music. The day of our wedding, Bob executed what we had talked about to a T, our dance floor was packed all night long, and not only with the 'younger' crowd, everyone was out dancing with us; even our 83 year old grandmother was out there with us all night :). He also did a GREAT job making sure all the transitions of the day/night went smoothly. We have gotten countless compliments on the entertainment at our wedding from our guests. I would HIGHLY recommend Bob Raina's DJ service!

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/22/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I got married on August 6th and we wanted our reception to be fun, energetic and cater to the wide range of ages and personalities in attendance. Bob gave us everything we wanted! people were dancing non-stop and our guests kept commenting on how professional and entertaining Bob was. We would highly recommend him for any event!

Profile Picture Brittany, 8/6/15, 1 Review