Elle Loren & Co. Reviews

View more information

• Sarah
    Sarah C. Married on 10/17/2021

The absolute best!

I cannot say enough good things about Elle Loren! Ari-Ahna's kindness, professionalism, optimism, and level-headedness kept us sane through three wedding dates and many unexpected challenges (thanks, COVID). She always kept us moving forward, and her advice was incredibly helpful . When our wedding day finally came, we were able to just show up and enjoy ourselves because we knew that we were in the best possible hands. It was a perfect day, and we couldn't have done it without the Elle Loren team!
  • Renee
    Renee R. Married on 09/04/2021

Quite literally couldn't have done it without her!

Hiring Kerri and her team was undoubtedly the best decision we made in our wedding planning process. My husband and I got engaged at the very beginning of covid, so we waited several months before we could even think about planning. I was hesitant to start planning with all the unknowns, and I’m generally bad with details and was really stressed about all that wedding planning entailed. Once we had our initial call with Kerri, I felt so much better about everything. As others have said in their reviews, she has a wonderfully calm and confident presence. She’s kind hearted, enthusiastic, passionate about what she does, and truly has the patience of a saint. We hired her for the full planning service for two events, so we spent a *lot* of time with her over the 10+ months of planning. A few details to mention: - Kerri knows the BEST venues and vendors in Richmond. My husband and I were struggling to find a ceremony venue that we liked, and when she suggested Virginia House, we fell in love immediately. We have friends who are from Richmond and they had never even heard of it before, so it’s almost like a hidden gem. We never would have known about it if it weren't for Kerri. She also has relationships with so many vendors, and she is great at helping you figure out which ones are the best for what you’re looking for within your budget. Since we aren’t local to Richmond, it was also super helpful to know that she had worked with almost all of our vendors before, so she knew the people, their communication style, their prior work, etc. That alone helped alleviate a lot of my planning anxiety. - She has an incredible eye for design. I am the kind of person who can look at a photo and know what I like, but I could never create it on my own or even have the words to describe my style. Kerri was able to listen to my ramblings and nail it. She’s also super responsive to whatever you like and what you want. Some people get worried that planners will drive too many decisions or push their own agenda, but Kerri was so good about giving her honest opinion about what would look best. I can’t tell you how many of our guests commented on how beautiful and tasteful our wedding was. I credit all of the design to Kerri, her team, and the vendors she helped us select! - The weekend of the wedding, we had all hands on deck thanks to her team. They were so attentive and made sure the trains kept running on time. There were a LOT of moving parts, and all of the important things fell into place. Bottom line: If you’re on the fence, know that the investment is worth every penny. She's a true professional who takes great pride in what she does - the ultimate craftswoman of wedding planning!
    Brooke R. Married on 08/28/2021

Every aspect exceeded expectations!

Hire a planning team if you are on the fence because it is worth every penny and if you are in VA then all the more reason to leverage the expertise and partnerships of Elle Loren & Co. Kerri and her team are incredible! We were their first couple to postpone with COVID since our original 4/4/20 date was two weeks away when everything shut down. Multiple postponements (500+ days later!) and a transition of team members we did not miss a beat. Their communication continued to surpass our expectations to keep us organized and on track when there are endless decisions. Their expertise was so helpful more times than I can count to help us make (and re-make!) decisions. Ari-Ahna worked with us for our final date and was phenomenal from start to finish. She ensured everything was executed as we envisioned and then some. The weekend and day of she was SO flexible to make every moment magical or adjust to other vendor requests and changes. Your day will be everything and more if you go with Elle Loren & Co!
  • Danja
    Danja M. Married on 06/19/2021

Amazing Planner

Working with Elle Loren & Co. is always a pleasure. Ari-Ahna is always organized and professional and goes above and beyond to keep all of the vendors informed and prepared for anything. As the DJ, communication with the planner is key to the night going smoothly and with Elle Loren & Co. running the show, we are always confident that the couple will have a perfect night! We highly recommend them for a memorable wedding day!
    Kevin S. Married on 10/10/2020

Elle Loren & Co

Ari-Ahna from Elle Loren & Co was our day-of wedding coordinator and she and her team were fantastic! We were confident that we were in good hands going in to the big weekend. Everything went off without a hitch, even when the weather did not cooperate and we had to call an audible at the last minute. We would definitely recommend Elle Loren & Co!
  • Meg
    Meg L. Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing!!!

Kerri was AMAZING! Our wedding day would not have gone nearly as smoothly without her help. She and her team were able to take my wedding day vision and recreate it flawlessly! Kerri is extremely organized, always one step ahead of you, and able to answer or execute any question or idea. Her patient and calm demeanor was much appreciated on the day of the wedding while as she was able to calm my nerves and keep everything running smoothly. Trust me, hire Kerri and your wedding will be perfect!
  • Meghan
    Meghan O. Married on 09/07/2019

gift yourself Blush, best money spent on our whole wedding

Being a former event planner and VERY Type A perfectionist, my expectations for my wedding planner were off the charts. Our meeting was by chance as I never expected to hire a wedding planner and now wondering how our perfect weekend would have ever happened without her guidance.

If you understand event/wedding planning, you will know that one of the greatest gifts of the organizer is a calm demeanor. From moment one I had a lot of anxiety, ignorance around wedding planning and general resistance to the process. I either wanted to not make a decision or be in complete control. Kerri's greatest gift is her flexibility and calm presence. She and I would often talk very late at night for her since I was planning the weekend from the West Coast. She has never failed to answer my text, phone call, email or instagram share within moments. Kerri calmed me when I felt as if my decisions were wrong. She strategized with me when Dorian (the storm) was headed towards my outdoor event. AND she made me laugh and feel smart, beautiful and justified in my decisions.

A wedding can be a very intense and overwhelming process and you need a rock, a stable individual to charter the ship. Kerri and Blush Events IS THAT LEADER. We hired Kerri and Blush for their full package and every dollar spent was well worth ALL of the work she did, I actually don't think she charges enough.

The greatest gift you can give yourself on your wedding day is Kerri Johnson and Blush Events. Every detail will be managed in a calm manner, every guest will love her as you do, as she easily coordinates a giant event. Go Blush or Go Home :) Kerri, you are a magical, kind, special human who I adore. One day I will be lucky enough to work for Blush and help plan their next wedding!
  • Lisa
    Lisa Married on 08/31/2019

My Wedding Dreams Come True!

I cannot say enough good things about the Blush Events team! All of the ladies are truly amazing at what they do and I honestly don't know how I could've gone through the stressful process of planning a wedding without them. From my first inquiry to the day of the wedding, Kerri, Lyndee and Grace were extremely professional and were always there to answer the ridiculous amount of questions I had! :) Thank you ladies, you made my wedding dreams come true!!!!!
  • Darcie
    Darcie E. Married on 07/27/2019

Hire kerri

At first I didn't think that I needed a wedding planner/coordinator but I am so thankful that I changed my mind and found Kerri! Kerri was an absolute life saver! The weeks leading up to my wedding she was constantly helping me solve whatever last minute problem arose. The day prior to the wedding she ran our rehearsal and made sure that everything was ready to go. I was able to spend my wedding morning relaxing while I was at ease that Kerri and her team had everything under control. Kerri made our day flow so seamlessly and took care of whatever problems occurred without me even knowing. If you think you don't need a wedding coordinator you are wrong. Hire Kerri and you will not regret it!
  • Ashlee
    Ashlee W. Married on 07/06/2019

Best Day Ever!

Blush Events was amazing to work with! We worked with Lyndee and she was awesome! She made sure our special day was seamless and beautiful. Always responded quickly to our questions and made excellent suggestions to ensure our day was beautiful. The day of the event, Lyndee made she I was stress free and calm the entire day by calling and checking on me and then would check on my husband. I highly recommend Blush Events 1000x over!
  • Sean
    Sean B. Married on 06/22/2019

Absolute Perfect Wedding Experience

Where to begin: Kerri Buster and Blush Events were the absolute BEST throughout the entirety of wedding planning, throughout the week leading up to the wedding, and of course—during the big day itself. The entire staff was helpful, warm, and made you feel like every one of your wedding problems was their wedding problem.

Why we booked: Having lived in Virginia for only a few short years and with family predominantly in California and New York, we were very overwhelmed with the task of planning a wedding ourselves. We didn’t know locations, vendors, contacts, or any of the small details that go into planning a wedding. This is where Kerri and Blush Events stepped in. She had a plan, resources, and a perfectly organized structure. To say that she helped bring stress levels down immediately would be a vast understatement. Every time we had a moment of panic, she was the voice of reason and a simple reply of, “I’ve taken care of it, don’t worry,” was more than enough to put us at ease!

Planning Process: Kerri was there every step of the way. Think of that super organized best friend that you had growing up, who was always on-time and always on top of everything—that was Kerri. Throughout the year-and-a-half process, Kerri helped to organize contracts, suggests vendors—photographer, videographer, florist, cake, DJ, etc.—and most importantly, keep us on time with everything that needed to be completed. Her experience in the Virginia area was truly unparalleled and the resultant wedding was clearly an example of that. Not a single vendor she suggested let us down and better yet, they each overwhelming exceeded our expectations. She never pushed a particular vender, but gently presented who she felt was your best bet. She was never wrong, not in the slightest. Most importantly, Kerri was always there to lend an ear, bounce ideas off of, and to keep us on track. Because of her, everything was perfect!

The wedding: Weddings can be a very stressful day—especially in the hours leading up to the ceremony. There are vendor drop-offs, set-up times, and numerous items that need to be very detailed and coordinated. With Kerri’s help, there was absolutely ZERO stress from myself, the bride, or anyone else involved in the wedding. She helped to organize day-of lunches for the bridal party that I know absolutely saved my wife! As she says, “All I did was eat, drink, laugh, and NOT STRESS!” Kerri went above and beyond to make sure everything was set-up, everything looked great, and everything was exactly where it needed to be—all while we were personally getting ready in the background. She was always friendly, perfectly polite, and always looking to go the extra mile to help. It was with her helping hand that the wedding went as perfect as it did. She never missed a detail—from organizing the processional for the ceremony, managing the first dance, helping my wife with her bustle mid-reception to the small details of making sure I always had a gin-n-tonic in my hand and everything was packed up on the bus home without us needing to ask!

Overall: Pure and simple, if you are looking to hire a wedding coordinator in the state of Virginia—you absolutely must hire Kerri and her team at Blush Events. She was on point, always available for a conversation, and there when the stress levels got a bit too high. She was not only a wedding coordinator, but truly a best friend throughout the entire process and on the day of. I truly think without her encouraging advice and calming demeanor, the wedding preparation would have been much more stressful. She was worth every cent we paid and more—I cannot recommend her enough!
  • Anu
    Anu U. Married on 05/26/2019

Cannot imagine being anything but a Blush Bride!

I already know I will go over the word limit if I share every single amazing detail from my time with Kerri so I will try to pick the highlights! I cannot say enough good things about Kerri and her team at Blush Events! I feel so lucky to have found her because not only is she one of THE best wedding planners in the Richmond area, but she also became a good friend and confidant in the process.

My husband and I immediately fell in love with Kerri when we were first interviewing and meeting with wedding planners in the area. She was warm, kind, patient, attentive, detail oriented, and very flexible from the get-go. The fact that at the time, we were expecting a 350+ multicultural guest count did not seem to deter her. She seemed to already have extensive experience working with multicultural/interfaith and large weddings, which is hard to find in Richmond! Hands down one of the best decisions I ever made was hiring Kerri as my full event planner and coordinator. I was in medical school during this time so it wasn't easy to cater to my schedule but Kerri made these past 1.5 years leading up to our wedding day so smooth and memorable!

Kerri has this amazing gift of making every bride feel heard and supported. She will stand up for you and fight for you to get exactly what you want with other vendors, while stile maintaining the utmost level of professionalism and kindness. While she respectfully and effortlessly supports any style or theme of wedding you are envisioning for your big day, she excels in producing and coordinating fine art weddings. She knows many of the best and highly trusted wedding vendors in the central VA area and was able to help me acquire my dream team of vendors for my wedding day. What's even better is that Kerri understands that a dream team doesn't necessarily have to break the bank or compromise your budget- she always gave me all of my options so that I could make the picks that were best for me.

Kerri is super organized, composed, and always 2 steps ahead of the game. She was on top of communications with vendors, answered my million questions (emails, texts, calls) right away, and even met with our families a couple times to answer their questions (we have two super big, involved families and Kerri handled every interaction and request with such patience and grace!) Needless to say, our wedding day (from a planning and details standpoint) was executed so beautifully by the Blush Events team and we continue to receive endless compliments. This review wouldn't be complete if I didn't share a shoutout to Lyndee, one of the Blush girls who also happened to be the venue coordinator at my venue (Tuckahoe Plantation). She was amazing and made sure everything flowed as smoothly as possible on the venue side of things!

Being a super type A, detail oriented person, I rarely come across others who share the same level of attention to detail that I do, but I can confidently say that Kerri possesses this trait and goes above and beyond for her brides to the point where I am still having wedding planning-withdrawals! 10/10 would highly recommend coming from someone who planned a wedding in medical school, had a 300+ guest count, and a multicultural/interfaith wedding- there is no wedding, big or small, that Kerri and the Blush Events team cannot handle!
  • Jordan
    Jordan K. Married on 05/11/2019

Great Partner

Kerri and her team worked with us through the whole wedding process, from giving us great vendor recommendations to making sure the wedding day ran smoothly. Their help was invaluable!
  • Katherine
    Katherine P. Married on 05/10/2019

Kerri is simply amazing.

I'm not sure words can capture just how amazing Kerri and her team are. We used her full planning service for our wedding on 10/5/19 and it was nothing short of perfection. Engaged and wondering which RVA planning service to use? CHOOSE KERRI. NOW. I promise you, you will not regret it.

Kerri was willing to meet with me before my engagement, because I knew it was coming, and treated me like a rockstar from day one. I was afraid she'd think I was crazy, but on the contrary, she was eager to meet with me and excited for what I knew would be my upcoming engagement! She listened to my description of my "perfect day" and sent me vision boards, photos, ideas, and set me up with a DREAM TEAM of vendors who truly understood what I wanted and executed it to a T. Not only was she organized, efficient, and super friendly, but her pricing was incredibly reasonable compared to what other local planning services had quoted me. When I got engaged officially about a month later, she was one of the first people I texted, and she was happy to celebrate with us!

Kerri met with me and my mom multiple times prior to the wedding to discuss and plan, and made site visits/vendor meetings with us as well. All of Kerri's contacts are true professionals at what they do, and I knew that any vendor she recommended to me was one that I could trust in 100%. Kerri was always available by email, text, or call, and made me feel like I was in good hands all along the way. Even the silliest of questions (every bride has them!) was answered quickly and thoroughly, and with no judgment. ;)

Where Kerri and team truly shine, though, is on the day of. The entire bridal party had a thorough timeline of what to do and where to be. Each moment was planned and timed, and Kerri had a team on the ground to coordinate vendors, so my bridal party and I were truly able to relax and enjoy the day (and trust me, "relax" is NOT usually in my vocabulary). In truly miraculous fashion, not a THING went wrong (that I know of!), nothing ran late, and the wedding really was smooth sailing from start to finish. At the reception, whenever I needed something (my phone, I had a question about where the restrooms were, etc.) either Kerri or one of her angels was at my elbow to help. When someone stepped on my skirt and popped my bustle button off, Kerri was immediately there with a (jeweled!) pin to fix me up. At the end of the night when I told Kerri I needed to go upstairs, she said "Oh no you don't! We have your clothes down here and can get you changed." I didn't have to walk upstairs on tired feet in heels! Hallelujah! When my parents said they needed to get gifts together to take to the car, again, Kerri said "Absolutely not! We'll gather them for you and load them up!" At every turn, we were TAKEN CARE OF.

So many people told us either during or after the wedding that it was the most beautiful wedding they'd ever seen, and Kerri made it happen. If you take anything away from this review, I hope it's that KERRI IS YOUR GIRL. If you're wedding planning in RVA, I truly can't recommend her enough. She will feel like a friend guiding you through what can be a very stressful time, and will ensure that you really do have the happiest, best day to start off your forever!

Thank you Kerri and team for all that you did for us, you are truly amazing!!
  • Shaine
    Shaine C. Married on 05/04/2019

Proud to be a Blush Bride

Blush Events was a joy to work with from beginning to end! We hired Kerri and her team for event management, but their support extended far beyond the month and day of our wedding. From the start, I was impressed not only by Kerri and Lyndee’s in-depth knowledge and insight about our (somewhat complicated) venue and Richmond weddings (seriously, they know everyone and everyone knows – and loves! – them), but also by their kindness, warmth, and genuine excitement for the couples they work with. They made us feel so special and very well taken care of. The Blush Events team managed every detail so we could enjoy every second of our wedding, and I will be forever grateful. Even our bridal party, families, and guests commented on how great they were. They are professional, dependable, incredibly sweet and thoughtful, and worth every penny!
    Anna C. Married on 10/22/2018

Kerri is a life saver.

Kerri and her team are the best of the best. Their attention to detail and their overall investment in our big day was worth more than gold. Kerri genuinely cares about her brides, not just the business, and it shows in everything she does. All of their recommendations for vendors and setup proved to be top of the line as well. Kerri and Danyel - THANK YOU!!! Our day was perfect.
    Rebecca Married on 09/15/2018

Best Decision!

Hands down the best decision I made for our wedding this past September! I hired Kerri and the Blush team for month of planning and I am so happy I did. I don't know what I would have done without her! We hired all outside vendors for our wedding venue so there was a good amount of coordination and planning that had to be done - Kerri did such a great job with this and I can't imagine how much work she did behind the scenes! There were also a few things that came up that were unplanned, Kerri was always so helpful in these situations. Even before the month of she would spend time talking through things on the phone with me. She gave me such peace of mind. On the days leading up to wedding day and the day of, Kerri and her team took care of everything behind the scenes with such ease. Nothing was missed and we truly had the best day of our lives. Thank you so much Kerri and Blush Events, you truly are amazing!!
    Justina Married on 05/05/2018
    Kerri was AMAZING. I am so happy I decided to hire her as my planner. By far the best decision I made when it came to planning my wedding. From all of her wonderful vendor recommendations, to her thoughtful approach to planning. She totally understood my vision and made sure that it came to life the day of. Kerri far exceeded my expectations. On top of all this, she was a blast to work with - a truly genuine, kind person. Proud to be a Blush bride <3
    Jenny Married on 10/06/2017
    I cannot say enough wonderful things about Blush! I debated whether I really needed a wedding planner at the start of the process but after meeting with Kerri I knew I couldn’t do it without her. Financially, anything else that had to be trimmed budget wise to allow for Kerri was 1000% worth it. Throughout the entire process Kerri and her team were incredibly organized, supportive, and caring. They kept my wedding vision in mind the entire time and were so helpful with bringing everything together to give my husband and I (and our family and friends) the most incredible wedding I could have ever dreamed of. They’re able to keep everything on track through the process both from a time and budget standpoint and they were able to help me decide what things were important to invest in and what things I could leave out or change in someway to maintain the overall vision. I’ll forever be grateful to this beautiful collection of people in putting together the best day of my life. Not a single thing I would change and couldn’t recommend blush enough!!!
    Jay Married on 10/01/2017
    When my daughter, Rachel, shared the excitement of her engagement with her father and me nearly eighteen-months ago, we were so happy for her. Within a few months of the news, our thoughts turned to the wedding. My husband and I were living in Richmond. Our daughter was living in Florida. And the chosen wedding venue was in Washington, DC. How were we to plan a destination wedding while all of us were working fulltime and living so far apart? The answer was Kerri Buster of Blush Events.

Kerri worked tirelessly to provide the wedding of our daughter’s dreams within the budget set by her father and me. Kerri, with her expertise and calm demeanor, made it seem effortless. When we became anxious, it was Kerri, with her rich soothing voice, who would ease our worries. It was Kerri that kept us on schedule and moving forward so that as the wedding day approached, we were relaxed and looking forward to the big day.

On the day of the wedding, Kerri worked quietly behind the scenes with her assistant coordinating the efforts of the hair and makeup artists, florist, caterer, DJ, photographer, videographer, and venue staff. Even when a wedding dress snafu caused a delay in the start of the ceremony, it was Kerri who provided the bride and the bridal party with the pep talk needed to keep us happy, focused and calm. It was Kerri and her endless connections in the wedding world that helped create a fun and unique experience for the bride and groom as well as our wedding guests. My daughter’s wedding was lovely and we thank Kerri for making it so lovely.
    Aleshia Married on 05/06/2017
    From the moment I first met with Kerri I knew she was the planner for me! She has such an infectious bubbly and happy personality and you can tell that she LOVES being a wedding planner. Not only was she extremely organized (always with her rose gold laptop in hand) she was also excited to help plan every detail of my big day. Also since my work schedule is kind of hectic she would contact and secure vendors for me, get quotes, run errands for things needed for the day of the wedding as well as attended vendor meetings with me. She made sure I stayed on her planned time line of events through out planning and created a stress free wedding planning experience for me. On the day of my wedding her and her team were beyond helpful and professional! I had several guests at my wedding come up to me just to compliment and say how wonderful Kerri and her team were.
    This past year of wedding planning went by so very quickly and Kerri was the most amazing planner. My sister had a very bad experience with her wedding planner, so my mother and I were apprehensive about hiring a planner. I can truly say that both my mother and I were 110% satisfied and happy with our experience with Blush Events! Kerri is outstanding at her job and she is much more then just my wedding planner, she is now someone I think of as a wonderful friend.
  • rvabride
    Jessica Married on 11/05/2016
    Short story: Hire Kerri immediately! I interviewed a number of wedding planners before I met Kerri, and I felt like either they weren't really listening to me, or they were going to take over my event. I had a lot of general ideas for my wedding, and I was only looking for someone to coordinate the day-of, not plan the whole thing, but I'm not super assertive, so I was nervous that I would end up with a planner who would either take over completely, or just show up the day of. Kerri was so patient and friendly, and she worked with me throughout the wedding planning process to make sure my visions were coming to life without stepping on my toes at all! She went way above and beyond to make my planning process easier, make sure I didn't miss any tasks, and make the actual wedding stress-free. Kerri worked so hard that I felt like she really understood my ideas - she made a Pinterest board that we worked on together, and she was always super quick to respond to emails. She came to vendor meetings with me so she could make sure we were on the same page and on top of everything. She stepped in when she could tell I was overwhelmed, and she gave recommendations and opinions without being pushy at all, which was exactly what I needed. Kerri and Danyel both made sure the wedding day went off without a hitch (apparently there were a couple issues that I had no idea occurred because they were so good). With my mom and bridesmaids all living out of town, words can't describe how grateful I am that I had Kerri by my side through this crazy planning process, and I gained a friend!!
    Katherine Married on 11/04/2016
    Kerri and her assistant, Danyel, are fabulous! We met with Kerri ten months before the wedding and I'm so glad my now husband convinced me to hire a coordinator. She was with us the entire planning process; making sure we were on track and assisting with any vendors. Worth every single penny!
    Dawna Married on 09/17/2016
    From the very first day we met Kerri, I had a good feeling. My daughter's wedding was yesterday, and I cannot tell you how great Kerri was from the start to the very end. She was addressing any question or concern almost immediately. She is very attentive to the family, the bride, the groom, and the guests. The wedding was beyond what I could not have anticipated. Kerri was always smiling, Even when she was going through the estate with a calm quickness and never allowed any there to feel she wasn't in control. Kerri and her staff handled every need, solved those "day-of" last minute "crisis" that occur when you have tons of people with all types of dynamics asking for a solution for even the tiny concern...from bows to bouquets. I would totally recommend Blush Events. They were a huge part of making my daughter and her new husband's day beyond their dreams!
    Meghann Married on 06/04/2016
    Kerri was phenomenal. She met with my fiancé and I early on and took copious notes on the plan for our day. In the weeks leading up to the event she kept me on task and prepared for my next steps. Where Kerri shined the most was on the day of the event. She was there hours before she needed to, just to make sure the day was perfect. Everything was perfectly executed- the decorations, the schedule- everything. She made it so I did not have to worry about anything. My now husband remarked - every time I had a question she was already one step ahead of me. I highly recommend Kerri's services!