Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

24 Reviews for Blue Venado Beach Weddings

Lighting/Sound (4)
Outside Alcohol (2)
Shuttle (1)
24 Blue Venado Beach Weddings Reviews

GREAT WEDDING VENUE, HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

This place is beautiful! Our guests were blown away by the entire experience. You can see for yourself from the pictures... all I will say is it looks just as great in real life. Really a magical experience. We live in Chicago and are lucky to be surrounded by great food, venues, etc. - Blue Venado is five stars, and we are so grateful we found this place for our wedding.

I want to highlight the SERVICE! Some of the best service I've ever had, and so many guests (including some difficult to impress) commented on how great the service was. The bartenders are fun, the managers are on top of everything to be sure the event goes well, and every table had a designated server. Guests were commenting how their server would come up to them even after they left the table and ask if they needed anything, and most of the servers memorized drink preferences for the table. They were fun, helpful, attentive... what more can you ask for!?

The food was delicious and they did a great job with execution for a group of 100+.

The biggest obstacles with a destination wedding (maybe all weddings) revolve around planning and execution. Hire Blue Venado (and Lucy Gallagher for wedding planning) to make things easy. I honestly wouldn't have traded anything about our big day.

Blue Venado, thank you!

Profile Picture Hannah, 1/13/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We have read a few articles that choosing your venue and choosing your photographer are the two most important and most difficult decisions you make when planning a wedding. I believe there might be some truth to that and if so then I think one of the best choices we made was in selecting Blue Venado as our venue. We spent countless hours scouring Wedding Wire and multiple forums, weighing the pros and cons of doing a separate venue versus at the hotel, costs involved, vendors used at the different venues and ultimately pulled the trigger on Blue Venado. We are so glad we did and a large part of that is in due to the amazing onsite coordinator they have with Sofia Garcia. The venue is beautiful but she makes the entire event a dream.

We planned our wedding at Blue Venado without ever seeing the venue until we arrived in Playa Del Carmen for our wedding 2 days before the event. Sofia was incredible to work with and answered our annoying questions throughout the process. She made things work that were important to us and was a dream. We didn't speak to the team a ton before the wedding but every time we had a question, it was answered and we were put at ease. Every photo we sent her was replicated in the finished product. Words cannot even convey our happiness with Blue Venado and Sofia. Thank you for making our day magical! The food was great, the lighting perfect, the DJ played out exact playlist and we even saved a baby turtle and sent him off to the ocean safely!

Profile Picture Brandi, 11/20/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Cake, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Outside Alcohol

If you are going to have your wedding in Playa Del Carmen, you must have it with Sofia Garcia at Blue Venado. My wife and I had our wedding in June 2017 and it was perfect. We were considering having it at our all-inclusive resort but they gave us such a headache with complex pricing schemes for food, drinks, and guests we decided to switch venues to Blue Venado. Thank goodness we did, with beach weddings at a resort you'll have loads of bystanders encroaching on your special day but at Blue Venado you have the entire beach reserved. Our wedding planner, Sofia Garcia, made everything easy and straightforward and relieved a lot of our stresses. Even though we really didn't have a clear vision of what we wanted, Sofia decorated everything so well that our wedding turned our more beautiful than we ever could have imagined. The beach is absolutely the most gorgeous setting for a wedding ceremony and the main palapa was the perfect place for the reception dinner and dancing. Servers were quick to prepare whatever drinks you wanted and the food was delicious. Additionally, there was a truly magical event that occurred midway through the reception, baby turtles began to hatch on the beach and our guests got the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see them make their way to the ocean under the moonlight. Just like the baby turtles got a beautiful start in their journey through life, my wife and I got a perfect start to ours together at Blue Venado.

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Cake, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Chairs, Shuttle

My wife and I on April 22 2017 had our wedding here at Blue Venado for our destination wedding. Surreal is the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to describing our experience here. We stumbled upon Blue Venado after we saw what a resort wedding looked like, we wanted a completely private venue and the resorts couldn't provide that for obvious reasons. So our search began as most of you reading this are also doing, and trust me you will not be disappointed with this venue. As soon as the first email i had sent Sofia inquiring about the venue i was impressed. Sofia immediately asked for the date of the wedding we were requesting and as soon as she can confirm availability she sent us allllll the information about the venue with all the prices, alll the prices, to those that haven't started will soon see why i stress all the prices. Every venue I emailed or spoke to would hold on to all that information and make it impossible for us to even think of planning a budget, but not Sofia. We choose the all in Package and boy was it worth it. Everything my wife wanted or thought of Sofia made possible. Her response was timely and her wealth of knowledge and vision was just amazing. She made our experience something of a lifetime.Sofia is just one of the many people dedicated to this venue.There is another angel at this venue and her name is Miriam. These girls are just amazing at what they do and their absolute professionalism. The ceremony was beautiful, the food amazing, the drinks, the decor, I can write all day about this venue and its staff. Our wedding had 64 guests from New York City and all over the USA. Our family and friends loved the venue and till today they are still raving about our wedding and how it was the greatest wedding they've ever attended. Thank you Sofia and Miriam you guys are the best! And for the future brides and grooms reading this, trust me go with your gut feeling and book this venue. It will not disappoint.

Profile Picture Joshua, 4/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Firstly, the venue is amazing! The beach is beautiful, the team are so friendly and the food is delicious.

We got married at the Blue Venado in October 2016 and although it has taken me a while to write the review it feels like yesterday. Just as some background, I had completed hours and hours of research and we were looking to get married in one of the hotels until at the last minute, out of left field we started looking at beach clubs. The hotels that we were looking at had stated that over 90% of the guests had to be staying at the hotel for over 3 nights. We did not feel it was right to dictate which hotel people had to stay in when flying all the way from the UK. I discovered the Blue Venado through endless internet searches and it was always keen favorite. We 100% made the right choice!

The first time we saw the venue was the week before the wedding and although we had been endlessly looking at pictures for the last 18 months the venue exceeded our expectations. It was exactly like the pictures but so much more magical. The venue is stunning and the scenery is amazing.

The food was amazing and we have had so many great comments from the guests about how enjoyable it was. The staff were so attentive and could not have been anymore helpful.

Overall I cannot recommend Blue Venado enough to get married in. The setting, the staff and the organisation exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Laura, 10/27/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cake, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Chairs, Outside Alcohol

Miriam was great she assisted us for every details
The ceremony was wonderful and the location stunning
We had a great wedding celebration in front of the ocean and very good lunch

Profile Picture Lara, 4/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding day was everything I imagined. All thanks to Sofia and the team at blue venado.

Profile Picture pamella, 1/29/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the best wedding I could have ever dreamed of.
Sofia took care of all the planning details, met with me on Skype, etc to make sure she knew what we wanted for the decorations. She went the extra mile to get extra decorations at no charge. The setup was exquisite. Florist included in package made lovely bouquets and centerpiece.
The service at the reception was great. No plates were removed without your permission (yes, me + groom got to eat all courses, even if we left our seats for a while!). Drinks were flowing. The guests kept telling me how the waiters would bring them new drinks before they even emptied their glass! The food was excellent. We had to pick without a full tasting (although they let us taste for free a few days before the wedding) but everything was so delicious. I think you can order any food there and it would be delish. Best ceviche I had in Mexico! They make a mean mojito...my drink of choice, Yum!
Other nice surprises at the reception were that the staff brought out a bucket of sand toys for the toddlers and dumped them out in front of the stage. The kids were happy the entire evening either dancing or playing with the toys. And they gave the adults some fun and unexpected balloon props at the party.
They were flexible with rain plans and decided they could set up outside and move inside last minute if rain didn't subside. So much less stressful than big hotels that need to decide depending on forecast. We had great weather, as it turned out.
The venue is very private, unlike any other we looked at, but still close enough to PDC that we all stayed there.
We also got flexibility to choose our own officiant, DJ, photographer, etc with no outside vendor fees. The result...the most amazing music, likable and entertaining officiant, and wonderful photography and cinematography...all to OUR taste. Watch out, all the hotels want $100+ extra dollar for each vendor you choose. This was also very important to us.

Profile Picture Christine, 12/7/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Cake, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound

My husband and I were married at Blue Venado Beach club on 12/5/2015. It is simply one of the most gorgeous venues in Quintana Roo, staffed by the kindest people, and featuring some of the most incredible food we have had anywhere.

Chef Angel Barreto Montes is an artist. Everything he creates tastes so fresh, complex, and satisfying. All of our wedding guests commented on how incredible the meal and cocktail hour appetizers were-- even days after the event. In addition, Angel is absolutely delightful to work with-- a wonderfully kind man who is so passionate about his work and it comes through in every conversation, and more importantly, every dish.

The beach is stunning and the stars are night are incomparable. Despite a massive rainstorm when our ceremony was supposed to begin, our wedding was gorgeous. We ended up getting married under the smaller palapa after our guests took cover there. It was impromptu and magical. All of the staff worked to keep everyone happy and libations flowing when we ended up under the main palapa for the entire event. Special thanks to Jose and Sela.

BV's wedding coordinator, Sofia Garcia, is an absolute doll. She answered all of our questions quickly, guided us through the process, and by the end definitely felt like an old friend.

We returned to BV a few days after the wedding to take care of some final details and were immediately struck by the beauty of the place. We just kept saying how much we LOVE our venue as we sat on the bar swings, facing the ocean, eating Angel's incredible tuna tartar, and drinking delicious cocktailsa that the staff insisted we stay to enjoy. We cannot recommend this place enough-- be it for a wedding or just an amazing afternoon in paradise.

Profile Picture Kellyn, 12/5/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cake, Chairs

Blue Venado is perfect for a beach wedding. Sofia is great to work with - extremely helpful and went above and beyond to make sure everything from decorations, ceremony, food, cake, etc. was perfect. Miriam and Sofia did an excellent job coordinating, and the staff were great! It is a beautiful private location with great food and drinks. Loved everything about it!!

Profile Picture N, 12/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

Absolutely amazing experience! We had our ceremony and reception at Blue Venado on 08/08/15.
From the start to the end Sofia was absolutely fantastic. She ensured her team were on top of everything and we couldn't have asked for a more wonderful day! Both my husband and I have worked in the events/hotel industry in the past and Sofia is top notch. Each time we even mentioned a single thing, Sofia was on top of it. She and the team were a great help on the day (even ensuring my husband and I ate!)
The venue is a blank slate - you can truly make it your own. Having a wonderful party on the beach was a dream come true. Many hotels in the area make you end by 10:30pm, but Blue Venado gives you the flexibility to have a later party and the absolute pleasure of not having to deal with on-lookers or wedding crashers, as the venue is completely private.
I have already recommended the venue and the team to numerous people and will continue to do so!
Thanks again for everything Sofia!

Profile Picture Lise, 8/8/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I surely recommend Blue Venado Weddings because they have the perfect venue to celebrate your dreamed wedding at the beach.
Our wedding was perfect. Each member of Blue Venado Weddings Team was there for everything we needed. Food was excellent.
Our guests were happy and had a great time.
Ceremony at the beach was beautiful, better than our dreams.
We are so thankful with Sofia Garcia for being there for everything we need.

Profile Picture Sharit, 6/5/15, 1 Review
0.0

We opted for Blue Venado, Described to us as "Rustic"with good food and drink.We wanted to be married on the beach this sounded perfect.After been in mexico for7days we travelled to Blue Venado,On arrival we were greated with Quad bikes. This venue in the day is an Adventure Park which we were NOT aware of.
We had taken our decorations with us as the cost that this vendor charges is estotionate. We opted for the ALL IN package which on the website stated EVERYTHING included.IT IS NOT the case.here are some of the points that occurred
*Music for walking down the isle was playing to guests as i arrived off the mini bus, Before we were any where by the isle
*I was handed a bouquet nothing like id asked for" i know this isn't what you asked for, But its all a bit last minute"
*the ceremony could not even be heard by any of my family members as the speakers we not loud enough
*The DJ was APPALLING!
*The food came out COLD
*Half of the food we paid for i.e Lobster giant shrimps chorizo sausage on the BBQ which is actually them cooking it in the kitchen never came out.
*we were not served any Wine during the meal we had to ask for it.
*There was a 2hr gap between the main and dessert when they did come out 15 bitsize (small) pieces of puddings were put on a side table by the wedding cake?This was for 30 guests??Were we supposed to share half each?
*The wedding cake had a cardboard layer between the 2 levels which was a struggle to cut,Should be fun to see on the video.
You may be thinking you get what you pay for,We spent £17'000 on our wedding all in all,this venue and our wedding planner were around £8000 of this.The manager Sofia Garcia speaks FLUENT english,When we complained the next day the only thing she could offer us was a SORRY.If you are looking at booking this venue DONT.I took it on the chin and made the best of my reception,tequila helped.
Botom line DO NOT get married at BLUE VENADO do not use WEDDINGSINPLAYA for your wedding planner.

Profile Picture Cheryl, 5/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my dream wedding at Blue Venado last month. My Blue Venado wedding planner was Sofia Garcia, who was absolutely amazing! My son was only 4 months old when I started my 8 months of wedding planning so as you can imagine, my time was limited. Sofia was so well organized and kept me on track when I was falling behind. She made herself available to me all the time, whether it was over email, Skype, or phone. She was also very quick to respond to my emails...and there were definitely a lot of them.

I was very indecisive as to what I wanted, decoration wise. Sofia always had such great suggestions though! I actually left some decor decisions up to her and I'm so glad I did because when I showed up on the wedding day, it was exactly what I dreamt it would be!!

I would recommend Blue Venado to anyone getting married in the Riviera Maya. The venue is gorgeous, the beach is beautiful, the employees are friendly, and the food is amazing! It has been over a month now since we had our wedding there and we are still having friends and family calling us to say what an amazing time they had at our wedding. I've heard the words "best wedding I've ever been to" so many times and that is because of Sofia and everyone else from Blue Venado! If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Our wedding was perfect from start to finish and was exactly what I wanted AND MORE!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding last week at the Blue Venado and wow, what a dream wedding it was. I had read up on the beach club on this forum and after speaking with Daymar and our wedding coordinator about the venue, we decided to proceed with booking it. I was a little nervous as there is not much information out there regarding BV but wow, let me tell you once we set foot there for our food tasting, we were speechless. It's a rather big open air palapa that is about 10 feet away from the ocean - just breathtaking. My husband and I were speechless. And we hadn't even tried the food yet! The food was astounding - we ended up going with the shrimp bisque, steak with foi gras sause & cheesecake for desert for our mains. Best food I have ever had. We had some picky guests but honestly, they still can't stop talking about how amazing the food was. We had some appetizers for cocktail hour - the blue cheese chicken was a major hit, we actually ended up going back there and the chef, Angel, specially prepared us some :)
As far as the wedding day went, everything was decorated beautifully. Joyce and Sofia understood our vision and then made it even more amazing. I was taken aback when my husband and I made our entrance into the palapa. Just gorgeous. The wait staff were so attentive & friendly, people didn't go long without a drink at all and any questions were answered promptly. I still can't believe how amazing of a day it was, just perfect in every way. If you are looking for a private venue that has amazing food, service and people, please consider Blue Venado! You will not regret it :)

Profile Picture Lyndsay, 11/11/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the perfect wedding at Blue Venado! The location was remote but spectacular, the food was amazing, the staff was fantastic. To make our day even more perfect, we got to witness baby sea turtles hatching and then being able to release them at night.
Sofia was amazing to work with and was there for anything we needed.

Tina & Lezli
Nov 6, 2014

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Tina, 11/6/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We decide to have our wedding at Blue venado from The fist minute Sofía was answering all of my questions, she really help me a lot ? ,at The end everything when just the way we imagine, Thanks to you all my Blue Venado friends, ángel thanks for the amazing food !!we couldn't be more happy. Everyone was delighted with The venue and your Servíces !! Big hug xoxo

Profile Picture Julie, 10/17/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We find the location beautiful, with special decoration for every moment. The Main Course, the open bar, the midnight meal , was awesome.
I love the sea ceremony, it was the most romantic thing i ever imagine.
The dj pack that was include in my package, was hilarious , we had a lot of fun with all my friends.

I had the best weeding!!

Profile Picture User4388247, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

A friend from Mexico recommend this place to our family. The first time we visit the place we stay in shock like 5 minutes, the color of the ocean and the sand was incredible i never imagine a location like this ever before.

My weeding was simple but full of details that made it wonderful. Thank you so much to the coordinators of blue venado weddings, for all their support and show off their exceptional style.

Dreams come true.

Profile Picture Laura, 8/2/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I´m very happy , looking at the weeding pictures.
We had a very special day in Blue Venado that we will never forget.
The staff, food , decoration and the help of our wedding coordinator, was amazing.
Thank you so much for your help in our weeding.

Profile Picture Julianna, 7/16/14, 1 Review
4.7

Everything was beautiful! We had a small ceremony.. as intimate as we expect... Great location... and perfect service. Lovely memories!

Profile Picture User4425759, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wedding day was perfect, perfectly organized in every aspect that made my day the most special one of all.
the place is fantastic, The staff is wonderful and the food is amazing.
to marry in front of the ocean, and to ride a horse in the beach in your wedding dress really take your breath away....

Profile Picture User4359827, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have no words my wedding was just perfect!!

Profile Picture AMANDA, 4/11/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I have been a wedding planner in Riviera Maya for the past 5 years, reason why I have had the opportunity to see many locations in the area, but I felt in love with blue venado since the first time I visited the place.
We had a mayan ceremony on Thursday in another beautiful location, and on Saturday we enjoyed a private ceremony, coctel hour and the reception in this magical place,,, I truly believe that you must have a connection with the place that you choose to exchange your vows and say I DO !!! , I was able to imagine all the wedding during my site inspection,,,,
we did not look further and booked the place :) .
we set up and appointment for menu tasting and we loved the food as well.
I did not use their services for planning or flowers, I planned the full event myself using my own vendors and it was the best day of our life.

Profile Picture Arle, 9/29/12, 2 Reviews