Blue Sky Elopements Reviews

Blue Sky Elopements 4
Blue Sky Elopements 5
Blue Sky Elopements 6
Blue Sky Elopements 7

LOVED our wedding ceremony! Even our parents commented afterwards that it was great. Bill Miller and Lyssabeth's Wedding Officiants definitely helped our wedding go smoothly and enjoyably. We will definitely cherish our memories of our wedding day.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

So glad that Bill Miller helped make your wedding day special! Thanks for your kind words.

Lacey · Married on 09/28/2013

Terri Woodd was the officiant for our supposed to be beach wedding!! Terri was the perfect match for the officiant I had in mind, during our first conversation I knew she was going to be perfect and that she loved being an officiant! On our wedding day we had rain and gale force winds, Terri asked me where we were doing the wedding and I said outside on the back patio ( we would have all been blown away on the beach), keep in mind the wind and rain and she was so willing to do it anywhere. The ceremony went absolutely PERFECT, Terri has the most compassionate demeanor, she kept my very anxious soon to be husband calm and so serene, it was so magical! Terri I can not thank you enough, my wedding will be in my thoughts forever and so will you! You are one amazing person and I am glad you were meant to be part of our wedding!!! If you want the most magical wedding day ever, Terri is the officiant you want!

Sent on 12/21/2013

Lacey,

Getting married on the Oregon coast is not for the faint of heart. One does need to go with the flow. (And I mean that quite literally because sometimes it flows and flows and flows!)

You are correct in that Terri LOVES being an officiant, and it shows in the relationships she develops with her couples. Thanks so much for taking the time to capture Terri's personality in writing and for your resounding endorsement of our services!

Daniel · Married on 08/25/2013

I just wanted to write and tell you all how much we think of Bill Donovan of Lyssabeth's Wedding Officiants. Bill officiated our civil union service last Sunday, 8-25-13. He did an amazing job! I had friends and family members asking me, after the service, where we found Bill because they enjoyed his style and presence at the ceremony so much.

With the laws changing so rapidly across the country, I think that gay marriage and civil unions are going to become more and more commonplace. So I think there is going to be a strong market for officiants who let people know they are open and accepting.

Lyssabeth's is one of those companies and Bill certainly is one of those officiants. He treated Doug and I with great respect from the minute we met him. He was open that we were his first gay couple, but you would never have known it. It seemed like it was something he had done many times before - probably because he just treated us like any other couple. That was all we wanted. And because he treated us that way, it felt very comfortable and easy, and we trusted that he knew what he was doing. When you are hiring so many professionals for your big day, you don't want to end up second guessing your decisions about who you hired. We never had a moments hesitation with Bill. We knew right after meeting him that he was the right fit for us.

Sincerely,

Dan S & Doug R

P.S. Lyssabeth's service was also excellent - easy to book and e-sign documents, make payment, etc! This simplified things and was great! Can't thank them enough.

Sent on 08/29/2013

Hi Dan and Doug,

How wonderful that the two of you hit it off so well with Bill Donovan. While we always strive for that deep personal connection with our couples, it's true that for some couples, we're blessed to "click" almost immediately.

And you are correct that this was Bill's first Colorado civil union and he was thrilled to work with the two of you. The handfasting you included in your ceremony was a unique and memorable addition (and the photos showing that part of the ceremony were fabulous!).

Bill and I wish you years and years of happiness together!

Lauren · Married on 08/11/2013

We loved Heather. She really gave us exactly what we wanted and came up with a service we loved. I was unfamiliar with the process of creating a wedding service that represented me and my husband, and Heather took what we wanted and made it perfect. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 08/22/2013

Lauren,

Thanks for your kind words. All of our Vail brides (and grooms!) just love working with Heather. I think she combines two qualities that couples appreciate--a eye for details that is second to none (Heather doesn't miss a trick--in fact, she keeps ME on my toes!) and a real passion for officiating.

So glad she was able to make your wedding special!

Alyssa · Married on 07/20/2013

We were so pleased with William Donovan who was our officiant on our wedding day. He was amazing and we received many compliments from guests on how friendly and perfect he was. We are so grateful and appreciate the service that he performed. He helped make our day memorable.Thank you Bill!

Sent on 09/08/2013

Alyssa,

Yea Bill! He's a true professional, and such fun to work with (as I've been told by countless numbers of his couples).

Thanks ever so much for sharing your kind thoughts.

Jennifer · Married on 07/13/2013

We couldn't have been more pleased to have discovered and selected Lyssabeth's. My husband and I were at a complete loss for what to do when it came to an officiant. We don't really know anyone who we felt confident asking. When we found Lyssabeth's it seemed like a good option to explore.

When we met our officiant for the first time we were extremely impressed with the process. We had options for vows that made life easy, found answers to every question we had, and we felt an immediate bond to our future officiant Vicky Hampton In addition, the service is very customizable which is exactly what we wanted.

Vicky replied to emails very promptly which makes life so much easier. We had a second meeting with Vicky just to spend time together. She became a friend that we truly respect and enjoy. She made the process leading up to the wedding very comfortable and lent us a great deal of confidence.

The day of our wedding was no exception. Vicky did such a wonderful job. She was humorous, tasteful, professional, friendly, patient, and organized. After all was said and done I can't imagine having selected a better person to officiate our wedding ceremony.

To top it all off, Vicky was diagnosed with cancer before our wedding. Even though she was going through chemo and other major hurdles, she always had a smile and a positive attitude towards life. She is an amazing person and friend. My husband and I hope to have her in our life for many, many years.
    Jenny and Joe McKowen

Sent on 11/26/2013

Jenny and Joe,

Your words are a true testament to Vicky's character and there's nothing I can add to embellish them. It's true that she's had some major health challenges in 2013 and the manner in which she nonetheless put her couples front and center is truly amazing.

I'm honored and privileged to have Vicky on our Denver officiating team and I thank you for your beautifully worded and glowing endorsement. I know Vicky will be over the moon when she reads this.

Maureen

Our wedding was in Carmel, CA. Lyssabeth's serves a few states, so we chose our Officiant from the local CA list. His name is Vince LoForti, and he was outstanding! I would recommend this organization and Vince in particular, for anyone who needs a wedding officiant for a 1st or 3rd marriage, to renew vows, or even just to elope! My Groom and I loved Vince's upbeat attitude and desire to tailor the ceremony to reflect us. He spoke from his heart, and we spoke from ours. t was wonderful to have him celebrate with us on our wedding day!

Sent on 06/28/2013

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Vince doesn't get to do as many weddings as he used to as he's a new daddy and recently took on a new full-time position that keeps him hoppin'! But even in a part-time capacity (we'll take him however much we can have him!), he just charms his couples and their wedding guests. He's a delight to work with and I'm so glad you took the time to share your thoughts with the Wedding Wire community.

Maureen

Vicky Hampton was our officiant and she was perfect! She took the time to get to know us and helped us put together a ceremony that reflected the two of us perfectly. We had several guests compliment the ceremony and even ask for her information so they could use her. It really was a pleasure to have met her and have her share our special day.

Sent on 08/03/2013

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Vicky is a gem, for sure! She brings an energy and a dedication to every wedding and treats each one like it's her first (except with more experience, of course!).

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our services.

Maureen

Vicky Hampton was a wonderful officiant! She was very flexible and easy to work with. Our ceremony was just how we wanted it.
    I would highly recommend her and Lyssabeth's Wedding Officiants.

Sent on 04/03/2013

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Go Vicky! (Not that she needs any encouragement!)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Heather · Married on 03/17/2013

Lyssabeth's was very easy to work with, accomodating, flexible and kind. We are from Massachusetts and decided 4 days before flying Colorado that we wanted to elope while there. Lyssabeth's was very easy to work with on short notice. Julie, the officiant of Breckenridge, even changed her weekend plans so she could be available to us.......AND she offered her beautiful home to marry us with fantastic views of Breckenridge ski resort. My husband and I could not be happier!

Sent on 04/03/2013

Heather,

Yes, it did all come together nicely at the last minute, didn't it? This is Julie's first review and she'll be thrilled to hear how pleased you were with our services.

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

Louise · Married on 01/30/2013

We organised our wedding through Lyssabeths. Heather Rawlings (our officiant) was absolutely fabulous and performed our amazing ceremony on her skis on the piste in breckenridge, Colorado. We all had a truly fabulous day and she was so lovely, warm and full of life. We will remember our day forever and thank heather for making it perfect. We couldn't have wished for a more amazing day. From the moment we arranged the wedding everything went beautifully smoothly and everything we wanted was accommodated.

Sent on 02/06/2013

Hi Louise,

I understand it was quite c-c-c-cold for your Breckenridge elopement! I'm so glad we helped make your day a memorable experience.

Kaela · Married on 10/31/2012

Lovely ceremony, Vicky even worked with us on the "theme" of the wedding and made sure everything went well. Would definitely recommend to anyone.

Sent on 12/25/2012

Kaela,

Well, how can you NOT have fun with a steampunk-style wedding held at the Colorado Railroad Museum? Vicky had a blast.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our services. Vicky will be so pleased to hear your thoughts.

Many happy years to you and Michael.

Kathryn · Married on 10/20/2012

Wonderful people!! Bill was so sweet and well spoken, he did a fantastic job and was great keeping in touch and going through the whole process. :)

Sent on 12/01/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Thanks, Kathryn. The "Bill" you mention is Metro Denver wedding officiant extraordinaire Bill Donovan and he truly is amazing. His attention to detail is rivaled only by his propensity to go above and beyond for his couples. (That's why we keep him around! LOL)

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Maureen

They are resonable priced, and they work very fast. Once we paid we had our contract and our officiant emailed us to start the process. We didn't have to think about a thing or worry about anything. They were on top of things and because of that we didn't stress at all about our ceremony, which was wonderful through the planning process!

Sent on 10/30/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

No stress! Yea! That's what we aim for. Thanks so much for your kind words!

Marie · Married on 09/15/2012

John was the absolute PERFECT officiant for our wedding! My husband and I cherish humor in our daily life and John brought the perfect combination of emotion, elegance and humor to our ceremony that was beyond I could have dared to dream to ask for. I received so many compliments on our ceremony and it is all thanks to him. If we ever have a ceremony to renew our vows or our friends get engaged, I will be recommending him to EVERYBODY!!

Sent on 09/29/2012

Marie,

Thank you for your enthusiastic review! John is a favorite among our Northern Colorado couples and you've expressed why that is so eloquently. All Lyssabeth's officiants have a real knack for combining appropriate humor with the seriousness of the occasion to make for a truly joyous event.

I'm thrilled that John was able to do that perfectly for you!

Years of happiness and joy to you and Paul!

Maureen

They made everything so easy for me, I didn't worry about a thing. He personalized the ceremony to us and he was flexible because I did change my venue once and he was perfectly ok with it. He was very professional and was on time and spoke to whomever he needed to before hand and also communicated with me via email regularly to keep me updated and himself updated.

Sent on 09/25/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Our aim is to have our couple s"not worry about a thing," so I'm thrilled that we were successful in that for you.

• Jannell

Jannell · Married on 09/01/2012

Our officiant was Dana Bevis of Lyssabeth's Wedding Officiants. Dana worked with us to create our own personalized ceremony. She provided us with her expertise from previous weddings but was completely in tune with what made our wedding unique and how we wanted to reflect that in the ceremony. It was a heartful ceremony that brought everyone tears. She did an amazing job. I would definitely recommend her and the company Lyssabeth's wedding officiants to anyone.

Sent on 09/03/2012

Jannell,

Good to hear that Dana's record as one of our most popular wedding officiants is still intact! I agree--she is fabulous (if I do say so myself!) and is absolutely passionate about working with couples to put together heartfelt and personal ceremonies.

So glad to hear that you are happy with us (Dana was afraid that the rain made her look like (in her words) "a drowned rat" but you know--we soldier on through all kinds of weather! It just adds to the stories!

Love and happiness to you and Billy.

Maureen

I used this service for our officiant. Michael was great. He did such a good job. The ceremony was so touching and fit our situation great. We had an outdoor wedding at our house. It was not our first marriage and it was everything I had hoped it would be.

Sent on 09/05/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Thank you! Mike is fabulous! Second weddings are one of our specialties, so I'm so glad that we were able to meet your needs and give you the special day that you envisioned.

Maureen

We were absolutely delighted with the services provided to us by officiant Mathew Raynak. We were beyond pleased with the service he provided. He was professional and efficient in all of our pre-wedding preparations. He was prompt and pleasant upon arrival at our wedding venue. He was an absolute delight to work with. We had a very small wedding (just two guests!) and Mathew was very a wonderful addition to our small group!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Sounds like Matt officiated your Grand Lake elopement. We do lots of those in that area and Matt is always a trouper--being known to stand out in the snow and wear his ministerial robe on a ski slope. It's all in a day's work!

Thanks for your kind words.

Sarah · Married on 08/18/2012

I can't say enough great things about my officiant, Christine Turner, who I booked through Lyssabeths. She created a personal ceremony for us based on our input, and presented it professionally and seamlessly. She was on time, professional, easy-going and our guests loved her. It's worth it to book your officiant for the rehearsal as well as ceremony, as she helped us run through our vows and made us a bit more comfortable with the overall flow of the ceremony. I'm so happy I booked with Lyssabeths!

Sent on 09/06/2012

Sarah,

Unfortunately, Chris will be leaving us at the end of this year in order to concentrate on her full time real estate career. She was very torn over the decision (as you saw, she's a fabulous officiant and absolutely loves every couple with whom she works.). I wonder...would it be absolutely evil of me to pass along this review to her and see if it entices her to stay????

Yes, that would be wrong. But I think I'll do it anyway. Thanks so much for taking the time to submit a review. I know Chris will be thrilled--and it really might make her reconsider. Or maybe the real estate market in the Rockies will take another nose dive. One can always dream...

Years of happiness to you and Nathan.

Dave · Married on 08/11/2012

Our Officiant, Sunshine Knight, was friendly, timely, personable, and professional. Our wedding location was quite "out of the way" and she was very accommodating of our unique wedding location and circumstances. We are thrilled that we chose her to handle our ceremony and would recommend her to any couple preparing to wed.

Sent on 08/14/2012

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Dave, Sunshine couldn't say enough great things about you and Jenna, so it sounds like the admiration was mutual. We can't wait to see photos of your gorgeous Crested Butte elopement ceremony. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're thrilled that your wedding day was all that you wished for!

Maureen

Lyssabeth's provided us with officiant John Bowen. Although we only had a brief phone conversation, and some email correspondence, it was almost as if he knew us when we met at the wedding. John was prompt, professional, and congenial. Our guests asked how long we had known him, and commented that he seemed like an old friend. John kept an easy smile, putting the guests at ease, as well as moving us through the ceremony efficiently, and even whispered jokingly to us about how well we were doing, and what was coming up next. After signing the marriage certificate, John exited as gracefully as he entered, and was never obtrusive. I would highly recommend his professional officiating services!

Sent on 03/02/2013

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

It's amazing how many guests think that our officiants are personal friends of the couple. And John has a wonderfully intuitive sense that helps him connect with his couples almost immediately (and sometimes with very little contact before the ceremony). He's such an asset to our Fort Collins office.

Thanks for sharing!

• Kim

Kim · Married on 07/28/2012

We chose Lyssabeth's because they were so easy to work with. We just did the elopement ceremony, and it was perfect! Jenn was AMAZING! We loved her, and she did a wonderful job at our ceremony! She was easy to get in touch with, and worked with us to make the ceremony just what we wanted. I would definitely recommend them, and if you want a warm, fun officiant, ask for Jenn!!!

Sent on 08/02/2012

Hi Kim,

Our whole goal for elopement ceremonies is to make them fun, easy to book, and stress free. I'm glad to hear that our process worked well for you. A Colorado elopement is such a beautiful experience and we're thrilled that we helped make yours all that you wanted it to be.

Jennifer · Married on 07/28/2012

We are extremely happy with the level of service we received from our officiant, Mary, and the entire staff at Lyssabeth's. You couldn't ask for nicer people, especially at a stressful time like wedding planning!

Our Officiant showed up perfectly on time and merged seamlessly with the hustle and bustle of the 11th hour. She was warm, witty, friendly and performed the ceremony with grace, and where appropriate, humor.

Sent on 08/23/2012

Jennifer,

Wow! I think I should have you write the script for our marketing materials! What you wrote is exactly what we aim for--appropriate humor, professionalism and keeping stress and the couple as far apart from one another as possible. Looks like we hit the target with you. Yea!

Thanks for the feedback!

Maureen

They were extremely helpful in writing a very personal and meaningful ceremony. It could not have been any easier. Definitely worth the additional money!

Sent on 11/12/2012