Blue Sky Elopements Reviews

Blue Sky Elopements 5
Blue Sky Elopements 6
Blue Sky Elopements 7

Jennifer · Married on 08/15/2015

Heather Rawlings was our officiant. She was absolutely wonderful. My husband and I had the added stress of hoping a destination wedding would come together perfectly, and it did with the help of Heather and her husband Michael, who just so happened to be our photographer too. It was such a pleasure meeting them both. We had the opportunity to meet up with them the day prior to the ceremony and they are great people! I couldn't have picked a better couple to be part of our special day. Heather is professional and personable. She not only listened to our requests/concerns, but she had a lot of great advice to offer. She knows what she is doing and did a terrific job!
    -Zach & Jennifer Stone

Sent on 08/25/2015

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Jennifer--Heather and Michael make an excellent officiant/photographer team. Their love for their craft--and one another--really comes through in their work. I'm so thrilled that they were able to share your wedding experience with you and help make your day a spectacular one. Thanks for taking the time to review our services. Maureen

Amber · Married on 07/04/2015

Kathy was our officiant in Breckenridge. She was absolutely wonderful. We planned a last minute elopement at Dillon Lake on the 4th of July, as it has been a special place for us. We didn't think to check the activities for the weekend which was stupid. Luckily, Kathy did and saw that we would be right in the middle of the parade and a concert. She suggested the perfect location for us at Sapphire Point, overlooking the lake. She provided photos, and was very responsive and helpful. Another thing we didn't think about was how many people would want to hike on 4th of July. The place was full of hikers and people feeding the chipmunks. Kathy totally milked the situation and found us a volunteer impromptu photographer seconds before the ceremony. She transformed what could have been an awkward situation into the most beautiful ideal simple wedding. Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Kelsey · Married on 06/27/2015

Maureen did an awesome job keeping in contact beforehand and Kathy was the perfect officiator for our beautiful mountain wedding. Kathy was very flexible and actually drove up the mountain with our guitarist when we realized last minute we didn't have enough ski lift tickets for everyone. They were wonderful!!
    -The Schwartzles
    Copper Mountain 6.27.15

Sent on 08/04/2015

Linda · Married on 06/21/2015

Lyssabeth's responded to all emails within 24 hours. Usually it was less time than that. They were fast at helping us find a place as neither of us had been to Colorado Springs before. We did research and then let our officiant know what we were thinking and he helped us with each place suggested and ultimately let us decide. They are great with phone calls and I felt my needs and concerns mattered. Everything went so smooth as they helped with where to get a marriage license. I would recommend anyone wanting an elopement type ceremony to use Lyssabeth's.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Everything was so easy an the ceremony was absolutely perfect!! Mike was a fantastic officiant and the location services were perfect! It could not have been any better :)

Sent on 07/23/2015

Juli · Married on 06/11/2015

I had Bill Donovan for my officiant, I did the cheapest package which made me a little nervous considering he was going to be the main guy for the Ceremony and I didn't know anything about him, however everything was awesome!
    Our first phone call was really all that was needed, he made us feel so much better and really is the kind of guy where you meet him once and automatically feel like you've known him your whole life! He was super nice and got everyone to laugh during the ceremony which really helped the vibe stay upbeat and positive! The wording was perfect! Short but straight to the point! I was super pleased with everything!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Hugo · Married on 04/09/2015

We used Lyssabeth's services for our elopement and everything went perfectly. Maureen, the officiant and the photographer were all very helpful. We are foreign nationals but everything went smoothly even though we were out of the state while planning the ceremony. We had a wonderful day! We would definitely recommend this company to others.

Sent on 04/11/2015

Donna · Married on 12/13/2014

Everything should be this easy!

Sent on 01/16/2015

Donna,

Wow! I think you just inspired a new tag line. "Lyssabeth's elopements...everything should be this easy."

I like it.

Thanks so much!

Amie · Married on 12/13/2014

We had William (Bill) Donovan as our wedding officiant. He was amazing through the whole process. Bill really loves what he does and it absolutely shows in his work. He was very responsive and helpful through the process of planning our ceremony. Bill had great ideas and helped us create a beautiful wedding. We were so happy and comfortable with Bill. The day of the wedding he checked on both bride and groom and was so professional. If you want someone who really cares and takes the time to get to know you I would choose Bill with Lyssabeth's Colorado Wedding Officiants.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Amie,

Wow--you nailed it. Bill's a keeper. Thanks for taking the time to post such an effusive review. Bill will be delighted to read it.

Wishing you and Carl years of fun and marital harmony!

Lauren · Married on 11/28/2014

Everyone at Lyssabeth's was so helpful and attentive. From start to finish, they made us very confident in their services. Our officiant was wonderful and responded quickly to questions leading up to the wedding. The photographer (Matt Kelly Photography) was very easy to work with and the photos turned out beautifully. The flowers perfectly matched a photo I had sent to our officiant ahead of time. I could not have asked for a smoother, more pleasant wedding-planning process!

Sent on 12/30/2014

Lauren,

Thanks so much for your effusive review! Photographer Matt Kelly, your officiant/coordinator Eileen Burke Woodward and the folks over at Swenson & Silacci Florists will be thrilled to know that our coordinated efforts resulted in a stress-free and memorable wedding day for you and Stephen.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

Candice · Married on 10/11/2014

Exactly what we needed, and beyond our expectations!

Sent on 01/02/2015

Candice,

LOVE reviews that are short, to the point and say it all! Thanks so much!

Alexandra · Married on 10/06/2014

It was a fairly curvy road for me because of some vendors' unresponsiveness or completing work outside of the given time frame. However, this business deserves the 5 stars because of the superior customer service from Maureen & team. None of my concerns went on unnoticed. I appreciate the kindness and attentiveness. Two years later, I am receiving a happy anniversary card. #grateful

Sent on 03/21/2016

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. The photographer vendor that was slow to respond to your emails and who did not get your photos to you within our required 30 day post-ceremony window is no longer a part of our team. We have a zero tolerance policy for less than 100% customer satisfaction. I know we were able to ultimately assist you in getting your product, but the fact that you had to bring it to my attention just isn't okay in my book. Thank you for your feedback and patience!

Danielle · Married on 09/06/2014

Bill Donovan was amazing. We are so pleased that he was able to incorporate humor into our ceremony! The speech/toast he gave was so amazing considering he had only known us a short amount of time. I highly recommend him to anyone who is getting married.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Danielle,

I hear the word "amazing" in conjunction with my officiants all the time! Not that I ever tire of it! Bill is indeed amazing and I'm so glad that he was able to give you a topnotch ceremony experience. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review.

Our best to you and Nick!

Mary · Married on 08/23/2014

Maureen came out to Leadville, CO to officiate our ceremony and we couldn't have been more pleased! Because we were out of state until the wedding, she set up a Skype date beforehand to visit with us. She gave great advice and when we met in person it felt like we had known her all along. She knew that we wanted a ceremony that felt personal and meaningful, while still including our sense of humor and she delivered! It was light and funny while meaningful and deep. We are still receiving compliments on our choice to use Lyssabeth's. I couldn't have asked for more and would recommend her to any couple.

Sent on 09/23/2014

Mary,

Couples like you and Chuck are what make our job so pleasurable. It did indeed feel like we were old friends right from the get-go. So glad your ceremony was everything you envisioned!

Chris · Married on 07/26/2014

My fiance and I got in touch with Mike only three weeks before our wedding date. We thought finding a person to marry us would be an easy process but it turned out to be more difficult than originally expected. That was until we found Mike Owens. Mike agreed to meet with us personally and we ended up meeting him in a nearby Starbucks. We had expressed to Mike that we hadn't really looked into this process and with only three weeks until our wedding, we were in frantic mode putting the final touches together for our big day. When we met with Mike, we could tell by his attitude and professionalism that he was the guy that'd be marrying us! He is a very enthusiastic individual and genuinely loves the process of marrying people. He brought along some sample vows and ceremony scripts for us to look at which really eased our our worries. We gave Mike an idea of what we were looking for which included a request to honor a great friend of mine who had passed four years ago.

Mike went to our wedding rehearsal and made everyone feel right at home during this process. He made sure everyone was aware of the process, went through a walk-through of our wedding day, and he even gave our ring barrier (a 5 year old) great instructions which he was able to follow the next day. Mike's words to my friends that had passed really touched everyone's hearts! I didn't give him a direct script to follow, I just asked him to say a few words about how he was here with us today. He did far more than that and really honored him. Everyone told me afterwards that they weren't expecting that and were blown away and touched by his words!

Basically, Mike organized and ran a great wedding ceremony that everyone thoroughly enjoyed! We were given nothing buy praise by our guests and would hands down recommend Mike Owens! He was professional, funny, well organized, gave great direction, and always had a positive attitude throughout the entire process!

Sent on 08/11/2014

Chris & Kelly,

I have to say, I think this is the most effusive review we've ever received! Mike is indeed the consummate pro and he will be delighted to read your words.

I agree--a couple is always in the most experienced of hands when I place them in Mike's care. I'm thrilled that he made your ceremony so special and was able to engage your guests in such a heartfelt manner.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

Years of happiness to you both!

Laurie · Married on 07/05/2014

Our wedding day went perfectly! Derek Kortlever (our wedding officiant) was so warm & personable and did a FANTASTIC job with our nuptials. Thank you Derek!! We were also very pleased with Tod Kelso Photography. He and his wife Kelly added so much fun to our special day....Thank you to you both, Tod & Kelly!! Last but definitely not least...Thank you SO much to everyone at Lyssabeth's!! You ALL did a fantastic job in coordinating our ceremony and we will be forever grateful. We would highly recommend Lyssabeth's to any future bride & grooms considering eloping!

Laurie & Lowell Kaufman

Sent on 07/18/2014

Laurie,

Yea for Derek. He and photographer Tod Kelso work together often on our Oregon elopement packages so they make a great team. I am thrilled that you and Lowell were thrilled! Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review.

Rikki · Married on 06/14/2014

We used Bill Donovan as our wedding officiant, and he exceeded our expectations! From the first time we met, he was so enjoyable to be around. He loved hearing our story and really tailored the ceremony to be just about us. We got to choose exactly what was said, and we went back and forth with several drafts before coming up with the final ceremony draft. Everything went perfectly on the wedding day, and we felt so comfortable having him up there to marry us. Truly a magical experience! I'd highly recommend Bill especially if you are looking for a custom ceremony that is all your own.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Rikki,

Exceeding expectations is what we aim for! And nobody does it better than Colorado's own Bill Donovan! Thanks so much for your 5-star review!

Theresa · Married on 01/29/2014

I highly recommend lyssabeth's elopement service. Maureen, from the Monterey area, helped us put together a ceremony that matched our needs and desires. She never gave us a sales pitch but really cared about what we wanted and what we could afford. Our officiant,Eileen Woodward, checked in with us many times prior to our marriage and performed a wonderful ceremony. If you are looking to keep your elopement stress free and in line with what you want, this is the service for you.

Sent on 02/05/2014

Hi Theresa,

Thank you for placing your confidence in us for your recent Monterey elopement. As we discussed when you retained us, we do make a concerted effort to keep stress and the couple as far apart from one another as possible both up to and including the wedding day (after that, you're on your own LOL)!

I'm so glad that Eileen and I were able to do that for you!

Years of marital bliss wished for you and Bob!

Matt · Married on 01/18/2014

We can't thank Bill and Lyssabeth's enough for being a wonderful and fantastic addition to our wedding day. We truly appreciate all of the effort and thoughtfulness that they put into our ceremony. Not only did our ceremony blow away the two of us, but we had virtually every single attendee tell us “that was the best ceremony ever” and “you could really tell that Bill cared about you two” and “WOW, your wedding officiant did an amazing job.”

To be honest, the quotes could just keep coming. Bill was the best person that we could have ever asked for. He was easy to work with, extremely detail oriented, calm, enthusiastic, structured, passionate and it was an utterly remarkable experience.

Thanks again so much Bill. We will always have great memories of working with you.

Matt and Karla

Sent on 01/29/2014

Matt and Karla,

Thank you so much for your effusive review of Bill Donovan's work. Bill throws his heart and soul into every wedding that he officiates and I am thrilled that he helped make your ceremony memorable and fun.

Wishing you years of marital joy!

• Mylene

Mylene · Married on 01/18/2014

Imagine me, from Miami, Florida, searching for a wedding officiant to drive my wedding ceremony in a snowy mountain at Keystone Ski Resort, Colorado... Well, Lyssabeth Wedding Officiants was the only company from the ones I contacted who was able to fulfill my request.
    I needed and adventurous and professional wedding officiant, and they got it! Heather was there on time and she even helped me "ski down the isle". She was extremly helpful and ansewerd all my questions about Colorado State marriage license procedures. I cannot be happier about Lyssabeth's services!

Thank you very much for being part of our great ski wedding day!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Mylene,

Your review made my day--along with the photos you sent of your fabulous Rocky Mountain "elope on the slopes." What a gorgeous day! And yes, as an avid skier, Heather would know all the ins and outs of helping you say "I do" on the ski slope.

So glad your day was unique and memorable and that we got to play a part in it.

Jenna · Married on 01/11/2014

I highly reccomend Lyssabeth's officiant services! My husband and I used them for our January 2014 wedding and had a wonderful experience. Maureen, the owner, always responded to my emails extremely quickly--which was very important to me--especially because we had a relatively short engagement time. We chose our officiant after looking at the online bios (a very helpful tool), and she was great. Unfortunately, she got sick just a week before the wedding and wasn't going to be available anymore. Luckily, Lyssabeth's is super professional and prepared for such unfortnate, rare occasions. Maureen had another officiant ready for us in the blink of an eye! It was as if we didn't even skip a beat! We did get to choose our replacement, who ended up being perfect for us. She immediately was given the ceremony that we customized with the help of the website's suggestions and our original officiant. This could have been a stressful situation, but it wasn't at all! Maureen gave us perfect customer service throughout the whole process and seems to truly understand how brides (and grooms) feel at this important and special time. Although we only communicated by email, I felt like she "got me" and cared about making our wedding great. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/09/2014

Jenna,

While it's very rare for one of our officiants to have to have to bow out of a wedding, this was an extreme circumstance for one of our Monterey wedding officiants (who actually ended up being hospitalized, but is now back in fine form!). So, even though it doesn't happen very often, we have a Plan B in place for every couple that books our services.

I'm thrilled (but not surprised) that officiant Eileen Burke Woodward was able to help you transition so seamlessly (Score one for the Plan B!) and that your ceremony was every bit as wonderful as you imagined it would be.

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review!

Maureen

We are so pleased with how smoothly the planning process went and how professional and SWEET Julie was. She not only performed the ceremony but tried to help us with lodging and reception when our first place/choice fell through. We managed to make things work out despite the challenges of planning something so last minute but I really appreciated how sweet and thoughtful Julie was. Not only that, it was a windy/cold day and some of our friends were not planning to ski. Julie's husband, Brian, was quite the gentleman helping the non-skiers reach the destination spot. They all raved about how wonderful and friendly Julie was and what a complete gentleman Brian was.

The ceremony itself was perfect - it was very sweet, short and to the point (exactly what we wanted!)!! Our friends were surprised at how nicely written the vows were. They thought we had customized them! We received only glowing feedback from our guests and know it would not have been the same had Julie not been our minister. She was very professional, communicated well via emails and phone/voicemails, and I really appreciated how she went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure we had our "perfect" day! I would definitely recommend Julie and Lyssabeth's wedding planners to make your day as special as ours was! Thank you for helping us make our day memorable!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Blue Sky Elopements's reply:

You've chosen to post anonymously so I won't reveal your identity (even though I know who you are LOL!). We do love our Elope on the Slope weddings in Colorado even though--as you found--the logistics can sometimes be a bit...well..."interesting!

So glad that your wedding-day experience was all that you hoped it would be--and more, and I know Julie Wright Kile will be thrilled to hear your kind words.

Daisy · Married on 10/12/2013

Wow! Very impressed!

I am so glad I trusted Lyssabeths! Dana did a spectacular job at our wedding! She was professional and super organized. I love her lively personality!..she is truly a gem! She met with us and also skyped with us. Dana was on time at all of our meeting as well and even reached out to us via phone several times throughout. She responded promptly to all our questions. I am exceptionally pleased with Lyssabeths! Couldn't have asked for a better wedding officiant! And can't say enough about my amazing wedding all because Dana came prepared and kept our guests interested. I would recommend Lyssabeths to any bride! And please choose Dana, she made our wedding ceremony unforgettable!

Sent on 10/19/2013

Daisy,

Okay, now wait a minute. Dana is good, but she's not the ONLY topnotch professional wedding officiant that we have in the metro Denver area. You're going to give her a big head and then how will she fit through the door of her next wedding venue???

Oh, okay--we'll give Dana her moment in the sun. She is wonderful at what she does, isn't she? I'm thrilled that you had such a connection with her and felt she enhanced your special day. (And I'm only kidding about the big head--Dana is one of the most humble people I know.)

Thanks for your glowing endorsement!

Elyse · Married on 10/11/2013

Matt Raynak is an awesome officiant - and we appreciate working with Lyssabeth's service to find him! He was super fun, laidback, and gave a us great ceremony. He made us laugh, and he made our parents cry, and he's got great suggestions for ceremony ideas. Lyssabeth's was easy to work with and had an online payment system that made everything very smooth. Would definitely recommend using them to find your officiant - they can give you a ton of choices that finding officiants one by one simply can't offer.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Hi Elyse,

Wowza! What a ringing endorsement for both officiant Matt Raynak and Lyssabeth's! We aim for lots of laughter and happy tears so I'm glad we were successful in that regard for you and Chris!

And we do aim to make our booking and contract-signing process as user friendly as possible, so I'm thrilled that you found it to be so. Just a note to clarify your glowing testimonial for anyone considering us to officiate their wedding. We're not an officiant referral services per se. All of our officiants are trained by us and utilize Lyssabeth's resources, contracts, policies, etc. (The only difference with each of us is our personalities.)

We're a little unique in the wedding officiating world because of the way we do business (everything but the actual officiating and writing of the ceremony is handled through our central office). But it works for us and apparently it did for you, Elyse. Yea!

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our services. We so appreciate it!

Caitlin · Married on 09/29/2013

We had Dana as our officiant for our wedding in September. She was so awesome and fun to be around! She made us both feel so comfortable and the ceremony went very smoothly thanks to her! Even though we just picked the basic ceremony, she made it personal and fun. I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Hi Caitlin,

We wrote the Basic ceremony to fit the needs of couples looking for a more-affordable, but creatively and beautifully scripted ceremony option. So, I'm thrilled that it met your needs and felt fun and not cookie-cutter! And who better than to deliver it than the delightful Dana Bevis! I agree--she IS great fun to be around.

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We wish you and Brandon a long and happy marriage!