28 Reviews for Blue Lotus Photography

Digital Files (1)
28 Blue Lotus Photography Reviews

My now husband found Blue Lotus Photography and I am so glad he did! We hired Sandra and Josh, the nicest people you'll ever meet, for an engagement shoot and to capture our wedding day. Our engagement shoot was in South Lake Tahoe at the most perfect location suggested by Sandra. We had so much fun with them and they made it feel effortless. Our engagement photos turned out beautifully and we proudly used them on our save the dates, as Christmas presents, and are displayed in our home. On our wedding day, Sandra and Josh were so accommodating and helpful. They braved the cold and snow with us because I had my heart set on outdoor photos. I am so happy to have shared our wedding with them and look forward to future business opportunities! Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Addie, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Sandra and Josh were Amazing and so fun to work with! Our pics came out beautifully. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Profile Picture User4272772, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Love love love Sandra and Josh! They were wonderful to work with. The only thing I would change is splitting up the time between them more ie take more pictures of all the guys.

Profile Picture Camille, 7/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh and Sandra photographed our wedding in July and we could not be more happy that they were a part of our special day! We were from out the area and took a trip up to Lake Tahoe about 6 months before our big day to find a photographer. From the moment we met with Sandra and Josh we knew they were the perfect photographer duo for us! After speaking with them and realizing that they completely shared our vision we immediately booked their services to lock them in before heading back to L.A.

When we arrived in town the week of our wedding we met with Josh and Sandra again. They helped us iron out final details and they even took us to a beautiful aspen grove that we decided to take our pre wedding photos at. This really helped to ease some of those pre wedding jitters about the day going smoothly.

The day of the wedding went off with out a hitch. Josh took pictures with the guys and Sandra with the girls before photographing my husband and I catch a sneak peak in the beautiful meadow before the ceremony.

All of our guests loved Josh and Sandra as well! Our wedding party all told us how much fun they were and that they are the kind of people that make you feel like you have known them forever and we couldn't agree more!! We visit Tahoe yearly and we will definitely be using Josh and Sandra again in the future (hopefully family pictures one day :-)

Below is the blog that they set up with some previews. We can't wait to get back the rest of our pics. We know they will be just as AMAZING

Profile Picture April, 7/12/13, 1 Review
2.7

Maybe it was an off day for them; we had such great pre-wedding meetings that I had high hopes but I just wasn't pleased with the end result. A few excellent photos, but even with two of them I felt like a lot was missed.

Profile Picture User3499694, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Josh and Sandra were so amazing through the entire process, start to finish for our wedding. We are from the sf bay area, and had our wedding in tahoe. Though we were not able to make it up to tahoe during the planning process, Josh and Sandra helped make it as smooth as possible, communicating through phone and email. They were extremely responsive, and provided and planned everything we needed leading up to the big day.
They were so amazing when we needed a plan B last minute due to tons of snow that fell on the days leading up. While we were still home near sf, Josh and Sandra went out looking for a new place to take our first look and group shots, and it worked out better than I could have imagined.
They were so easy to work with; great with kids and our dog; they would help gather friends and family for pictures so we didn't have to; and having them both taking pictures helped to capture so many more pictures and angles.
We received all of our pictures a few weeks back, and we love them all! The toughest part has been trying to narrow them down for the album because there are so many to choose from! We would definitely recommend Josh and Sandra, and feel so lucky to have had them capture these memories.

Profile Picture User2997989, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh and Sandra are very passionate and really about their business and it showed not only in the gorgeous pictures they took of our wedding, but their entire interaction with everyone at our wedding.

They were a huge hit and did a fantastic job! We felt so comfortable with them - we would highly recommend them for any photography session you are looking for!

Profile Picture User2587326, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Josh and Sandra are super cool!.... And amazing photographers. We couldn't be happier with the photos and we felt so comfortable with the two of them. It was a spectacular day and they made it so fun.

Profile Picture Erin, 9/4/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I could write a book on how AMAZING both Sandra and Josh were at photographing my husband's and my engagement session and wedding; however, I believe that people like to read reviews that aren't so lengthy. So, to sum up the BEST photographers on this planet, I will say this;

1. You will not find anyone better than Blue Lotus Photography, so stop searching and book them ASAP, before someone else snatches them up on your date.
2. Their creativity, mindset, and ability to capture exactly what you want is impeccable. They will exceed all your expectations!
3. Every time I look at the photographs they captured for us creates a feeling of joy that I cannot even explain. The beauty and emotions that I feel towards the photos that Josh and Sandra captured cannot be replicated by any other photographer.
4. Finally, they capture hundreds and hundreds of photos and every single one was AMAZING! How is that possible?! Well, because Blue Lotus Photography is the best in the business!

Oh and they have to be the coolest people ever! Their personalities are awesome and they make photo shoots so much fun and enjoyable.

Cheers to Josh and Sandra!

Profile Picture Chavaugn, 8/28/11, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

We were eager to meet Blue Lotus the moment we saw some of the amazing engagement photos on their website - breath-taking shots of the Golden Gate bridge or fun shots from a ferris wheel. When we met Josh and Sandra, we found them extremely easy to talk to, and knew we'd feel very comfortable with them as they were easy-going and flexible, which is a rarity among such talented photographers. Now that we have our wedding photographs in hand, we feel so proud and rewarded for booking their services - our photographs are storybook - we often can't believe that the pictures are actually of us they look so perfect. And this came with literally no effort as many of the best shots weren't really staged and didn't require countless hours of posing or time away from the wedding. We really can't say enough about Blue Lotus Photography. They were very easy to work with, very accommodating and a tremendous asset at our wedding... we'll certainly recommend them to everyone we know getting married.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/7/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working with Blue Lotus Photography! Our pictures turned out beautiful and truly enjoyed the photographers during the ceremony and reception! They are very nice people who work well with everyone and take wonderful pictures! I would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Carissa, 8/21/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Blue Lotus is friendly, personable and fun to work with. A little on the pricer side but worth it. When budgeting for the wedding, 2 good things to spend the extra money on are photography and rings, as they are the only remnants from the wedding day that will last timelessly...

Profile Picture Jocelyn, 7/31/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Blue Lotus Photography is amazing! Both Josh and Sandra are awesome. We really wanted to capture the small details and have more of an artsy reflection of our wedding and they did just that. There are so many amazing pictures and some just made us wonder where they were positioned to capture some of these moments. They are both a lot of fun, make you feel like you've known them forever, and the wedding party loved them as well! We are happy to have found them to do our wedding.

Profile Picture Gurminder, 6/19/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh and Sandra are two of the most dynamic and versatile photographers I've ever had the pleasure of working with. In the event planning business, I've worked with quite a few photographers over the past few years, and interviewed 5 of them for my wedding in May of 2010.

What we wanted: great still life shots of the "basics" (aka. group shots), but most importantly, we wanted the "action" shots of the day. What was going on? What were people feeling? Could they capture the expressions and emotions on everyone's faces?

After seeing a book of their work at our wedding venue in the Bay Area, we went to their website - and surprisingly, they had such a variety of different photos, we were kinda taken aback. But that only speaks to their incredible versatility here. Because, when we went to meet with them and see countless shots of their work, I was astounded at how many "perfect" shots there were... not just across each medium, or each type of shot, but across one entire wedding - with wedding after wedding - from start to finish I loved their work.

Fast forward a few months to the engagement session - we had such a blast. My husband isn't the most natural smiler. But the way Josh and Sandra made us feel comfortable with the camera(s), every shot had a happy natural smile on my then fiance's face.

In May, our wedding felt perfect. And before we could even see the photographs, I can't count on one hand the number of guests and family members who commented on how professional, yet fun, our photographers were. "Quick to get everyone needed together with a short timeline, but able to do it while not feeling like a heard of cattle - hope the photos are as great as their personalities." (quote courtesy of my aunt).

Four weeks after the wedding, we received an email that our photos were online and available for viewing - CD in the mail soon! (Note this is fast for a wedding photographer - anything shorter than this is either a lie, or they don't take the time to make sure you don't have food in your teeth and the color is right.) When we received the photos, we spent 2 hours going through almost a thousand perfect photos. They did the "basic" group shots creatively, and they flawlessly captured the feeling of the day, the emotions of my husband and I, and the happiness on everyone's faces.

Though they live in Lake Tahoe now, I constantly see updates on Facebook that they're back in the Bay Area for a photo shoot. It seems they're traveling quite a bit, and are able to go wherever your wedding may be. They were always on time, and weren't "looking at the time" if you know what I mean.

Overall, I would recommend them for any wedding, and would recommend you go beyond their website and meet with them in person - it will make your incredibly difficult decision of choosing a photographer that much easier.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/30/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Blue Lotus was a wonderful photography team to deal with. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed working with them. They are amazing photographers and I would recommend them to anyone. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Jenny, 4/10/10, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Blue Lotus photography didn't work for us...they worked with us! The fact that they're approachable and can connect with their clients is priceless. The deciding factor for us was the fact that they are fun, realistic and talented. My family really enjoyed them on our wedding day! Especially the maid of honor! They were one of our "guests"! Thank you!

Profile Picture Linn Dee, 11/14/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh and Sandra have such an amazing talent for capturing pictures! We selected them for our wedding on 9/5/09 in Livermore. Our pictures turned out amazing! We still have to put together out album which will be so hard since there are tons of great pictures!

Blue Lotus Photography is an outstanding team to work with. Josh and Sandra are friendly, patient, understanding, and ever so helpful! They calmed our nerves on our wedding day and made the awkward pictures fun and playful. They captured our day from start to finish, exactly what we wanted!

During the planning process, Sandra and/or Josh were always available, answering our emails quickly and thoroughly. They spent quite a bit of time during our engagement session, shooting pictures and making it a fun time! They were always willing to provide feedback to an idea or provide alternatives for us while we were full-on with the planning process.

Sandra and Josh were flexible with the services we wanted, helping us choose the perfect package for our needs. We were so eager to share our pictures with others because of how great everything turned out! Everyone who has seen our pictures are very impressed with the outcome. We love looking at our pictures because it makes us relive the wonderful day! Thanks for Sandra and Josh for the amazing pictures that help us do just that!

If we needed professional pictures done in the future, we wouldn't hesitate to use Josh and Sandra again. We can't say enough wonderful things about this team of such talented photographers! You won't be disappointed when you choose Blue Lotus Photography for your event!

Profile Picture Beth, 9/5/09, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

we love our photos! the colors are amazing and the direction they gave us during the portrait session was so helpful in creating fun and flattering images.

they delivered service that was above and beyond with passion and perfection.

Profile Picture kristie, 8/5/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Feel free to shoot me a message if you have any specific questions.

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/25/09, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh & Sandra Tomkins of Blue Lotus Photography were hands down one of our favorite (if not THE favorite) vendors we hired for our November 1st 2008 wedding. We were impressed with their work from our first initial meeting and decided on the spot to go with them. Our engagement photos were scheduled shortly after that, and we had a blast as Josh & Sandra shuttled us all over San Francisco to take hundredss of beautiful engagement photos that were exactly what we had been picturing. They even created our Save The Date postcards for us, which our wedding guests loved.

We got married at Ruby Hill in Pleasanton, CA and since they had not yet photographed a wedding at that venue, they took the time a week before our wedding to do a walk-through of the site with us. They were very thorough, making sure to get all of our opinions and feedback on spots to take photos. Our site coordinator was very impressed with this as well. On our wedding day, we arrived to rain (so much for our outdoor ceremony) and a power outage at our venue. It was easy to stay calm with Josh & Sandra taking charge and just moving forward with the photos anyways. I was pretty disappointed at first when I realized that all of our gorgeous outdoor photo spots would no longer be possible, but they assured me that the photos would be just as beautiful anyways (and of course they were right).

Josh & Sandra were the utmost professionals...and what a trooper Sandra was considering how pregnant she was during our wedding! Our guests raved about how great, friendly, and helpful they were throughout the ceremony and reception. The icing on the cake was to see our proofs a month later...the photos were absolutely gorgeous.

As you can see, I can't say enough good things about Blue Lotus Photography. I would highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for absolutely stunning wedding/engagement photos, and who would like to work with a very professional, sweet, helpful, and friendly couple.

Thanks again Josh & Sandra :-)

--Alyze & Brian

Profile Picture Alyze, 11/1/08, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh and Sandra did a great job with the photography for our wedding. The pictures turned out beautiful and they were so easy to work with. They both seem to take great joy in being a part of such a celebration. I definitely would recommend them.

Profile Picture Sara, 10/3/08, 1 Review
Category: Photography

The photographers from Blue Lotus were amazing! I would definitely recommend them! Josh and Sandra were friendly and fun, and made us feel very comfortable. They were flexible and professional and the quality of their work was outstanding! We have had so many positive comments about our photos from family and friends. They were absolutely wonderful!

Profile Picture Jaime, 8/29/08, 1 Review
2.0

I would strongly recommend not using this vendor for your wedding pictures. There are better photographers in the Bay Area, particularly at the prices they're charging. Our pictures, which were a hassle to eventually get once we selected them, did not come out as well as we hoped. There were several strange angles, lighting and the groom's bowtie was crooked in practically every picture. Don't waste your time and money with these two.

Profile Picture Pedro, 8/23/08, 1 Review
Category: Photography

An incredible team, both parties w/ great insight, vision, and personalities. We would definitely recommend Blue Lotus to all our friends and family. Josh and Sandra really made our wedding planning and the actual wedding experience something wonderful!

Profile Picture Abel, 8/22/08, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh and Sandra are truly amazing! They photographed our wedding at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga (which they are really comfortable shooting at) and also did an engagement session with us. Not only are they artistic and incredibly talented, but they are so much fun to work with. My husband and I felt so comfortable around them and I know that translated to natural looking photos. Josh and Sandra are a husband-wife team and have a ton of experience. They are so knowledgeable about weddings that I felt like they should have been my wedding planners, too. I definitely hunted around for great photographers because that was really important to my husband and I (we didn't do video). As soon as I met them and saw their work, I knew that I wanted them to be a part of our wedding. And I would hire them again in a heartbeat! Thanks, Josh & Sandra!

Profile Picture Katie, 7/19/08, 4 Reviews