Blue Elephant Catering Reviews

50 | Saco, ME

50 Reviews for Blue Elephant Catering

Kasie Blanchette · Married on 02/29/2020

Look No Further! They Do It All!!!

I have been planning weddings in the Boston market for 10+ years and as a Type A, self-diagnosed control freak, I was genuinely concerned with how I was going to "Let It Go" on the wedding day and truly be in the moment to enjoy every second. But, thanks to Fausto and his entire team I did!!!

Blue Elephant Catering came highly recommended by a caterer I work with often in Boston. I booked them before ever tasting their food and honestly (the control freak in me) was nervous. HOWEVER, the moment we stepped foot into the tasting room all of my concerns were put to rest. The food was AMAZING!!!

Then, in the weeks leading up to the wedding we threw a crazy idea at Fausto... everyone in our family / friend circle often jokes about how much my husband enjoys McDonalds so we wanted to serve McDonalds fries and chicken nuggets as a late night snack... Fausto didn't skip a beat and quickly embraced the idea helping us figure out just how to make it happen.

Thanks to Fausto & the Blue Elephant team I was TRULY able to forget about the wedding details/plans and enjoy the day, all of our guests enjoyed the most delicious (Blue Elephant Catering) meal, and we all were seriously WOWed by the most elegant (haha yes!) display of McDonalds chicken nuggets and fries to cap the night!

Like I said, I have been doing this for a longgg time and truly think that Blue Elephant Catering is the best of the best! Thank you so much Fausto!!!!

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Christina

Christina Ryan · Married on 11/02/2019

Beyond comparison - a perfect day!

We had only heard good things about Blue Elephant from the get go. They were responsive from the start, accommodating, and helped work with us on every single detail. The pre-wedding process was of course fun with lots of things to do but, they helped us navigate the planning, timeline, and event to perfection. When our day came, there was no stress. Everything had been worked out, the whole team was amazingly professional (Dominique killed it as our coordinator), food was fantastic (even some guests who are chefs themselves sang their praises), and everyone had an amazing time. Could not have had such an amazing day without them. Thankful to have had such a great coordinator bring our vision to life.

Photos provided by Ben Conant Photography - http://www.benconantphoto.com || FB @BenConantPhoto || IG @lilbennycoco

Florals by Honeysuckle Way - https://www.honeysucklewayflowers.com || FB @honeysucklewayflowerfarm || IG @honeysuckleway

Venue Grace, Portland Maine - https://www.trineeventsgrace.com/

Sent on 03/04/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/07/2019

We highly recommend working with Reuben!

We worked with Reuben as our catering coordinator and our day-of coordinator, and we can’t recommend him highly enough! We did the bulk of the planning ourselves, and we felt so lucky to have Reuben as a reference and sounding board. He helped guide us through the process and was happy to offer help. He is unshakably calm, which was totally key in helping us relax throughout planning and in the days before the wedding.

He is so experienced and took the time to get to know us, which meant that he helped us focus on what was important for our day. He has an incredible rolodex of other professionals in the area - most of our vendors were recommendations from him, and we loved working with every single one. We told him we wanted as little waste as possible, and he worked hard to supply sustainable solutions for the catering and bar. And, most importantly, our guests love the food! He worked with us to make our menu perfect for our guests, and was super flexible, open, and knowledgeable about how to build a menu for a group of our size (140).

On the day of the wedding, we were able to completely relax and enjoy our day knowing that Reuben was on it. He was totally essential in making our day go so smoothly and we can’t recommend him enough.

Sent on 03/19/2020

Brian Dwyer · Married on 08/17/2019

Great Catering, Highly Professional Service

Blue Elephant catered our wedding at the Portland Masonic, and to a large extent acted as the wedding coordinator. The food was excellent and they were easy to work with throughout the planning process. Most importantly, the day of the event, when problems arose with other vendors, these guys stepped in and went above and beyond to make problems go away. These guys are pros and the type of people you want running the show during an important event.
    Thanks so much!

Sent on 09/08/2019

Rosa · Married on 08/10/2019

We highly recommend Blue Elephant!

Fausto and his team at Blue Elephant were amazing!

They pulled off three flawless events over four days for our wedding (rehearsal dinner, reception, and brunch). He has a great team that has worked with him for years and everyone was very nice and professional. They take the extra steps to make sure that everything is just right and were very organized in their approach to the day – showing up early in the day and getting everything ready well in advance. They also did a great job of cleaning up their space and leaving everything just as they found it.

Most importantly, the food was delicious. Our rehearsal dinner was more traditional food, but for our wedding we decided to go with a Latin menu. They can do it all and everyone commented that they really enjoyed the food. The dinner was also executed flawlessly (for over 180 people) and they made sure that everyone got fed in a timely manner.

Fausto was also fantastic to work with as we were planning our wedding. He made multiple trips to visit the location of our wedding and was very accommodating in his schedule (visiting with us on weekends – important since we lived out of state). He has great ideas and was very helpful in translating what we wanted into reality. One example of this was the set up of the tent. He helped us map out long Tuscan style tables and coordinated a simple but very tastful lighting plan. When we look back at the pictures from the day the tent was absolutely stunning and his input was a big part of that.

As we met people that could be our day of coordinator, we wanted someone that would listen to us and help execute our vision, but that could also take charge and make things happen on the day of. Fausto fit this role perfectly. He is attentive and supportive, but he also has no problem running the show and making sure all of the vendors are where they need to be. This allowed us to enjoy our day.

We were very impressed with Blue Elephant and would highly recommend them (and we already have)!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 07/27/2019

Beyond expectations. Blue Elephant defines perfection

Blue Elephant was one of the best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding. They were professional, helpful, easy to talk to and worked above and beyond to making our vision come true. Reuben was absolute joy to work with and I couldn't imagine my wedding without them. You would never regret you decision by choosing them and If I had to do it all over again I would call them again right away.

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Giramonti · Married on 11/10/2018

More than just a caterer! SO MUCH MORE

Rueben and Dominique were amazing through the entire 7-month process of planning our wedding. Right from the first meeting, we could see how knowledgeable they are and felt extremely comfortable in trusting them to handle an event that meant so much to us. In fact, Rueben’s visualization of how our wedding could be laid out was a huge factor in choosing the venue. Rueben was always available for a quick call, text, or email as questions arose.

Leading up to the week of the big day, Dominique ensured all vendors were on schedule with their pick-ups, delivery, set up, etc. Everything was set up exactly as we wanted it and part of this was due to their amazing floor plan website where we could literally see our wedding plan come alive. To walk in the day of and see it exactly how we pictured was amazing.

We felt so comfortable with Rueben, Dominique and everyone on their team. Thank you so much for making our wedding day an event we will never forget.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Jacqueline · Married on 09/22/2018

Fabulous!!

Blue Elephants did an incredible job on the day of our wedding. Reuben and his team were fabulous to work with and everyone raved about the food. Amazing attention to detail and quality of service. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Elena · Married on 09/08/2018

There is no way I could’ve pulled off the wedding of my dreams without Fausto and his team at Blue Elephant! My wedding was 16 days ago and I am still blown away with how seamless the day was. My expectations were far surpassed and I couldn’t have been more happy with how everything looked and especially the service! Fausto played a major part in helping me with the wedding process. He made me feel so comfortable with my food choices as well as the décor selections in making sure everything would look to what I had envisioned. He absolutely nailed it and I couldn’t be more appreciative! I was worried about having to set up everything in the venue the morning of because the venue was a blank canvas so I had several different vendors I was working with which made me even more worried about everything arriving to the venue in time, but Fausto completely took charge and was in contact with each of the vendors and his team set up everything so I didn’t have to do a thing but relax and get ready with my bridesmaids. When we arrived to the venue for the reception, there was a server solely dedicated to my husband and I making sure we had food and drinks throughout the day/evening. I know a lot of my friends whom have had weddings that said they never got to drink because they could never get to the bar, so having this server dedicated to us was amazing! And not mention, the food was the cherry on top to the perfect day! The food was outstanding! We did a plated dinner, and when the food got to us it was still hot! There were no issues with people getting their food, the food was delivered to people right on schedule, and everyone complimented on how delicious the food was! And after the wedding ended at 11, Fausto and his team cleaned up everything so quickly and loaded all of the cards, gifts and décor items in my parents car so none of us had to pick up a thing. I highly recommend them to anyone, you will definitely be more than happy with your decision! :)

Sent on 07/30/2018

Valerie · Married on 09/08/2018

Blue Elephant truly sets the bar for professionalism and dedication in catering. I used this company for my September 8th wedding at Shady Lane farm in New Gloucester. Throughout the entire planning process Fausto and his team were attentive, responsive, and accommodating. We worked within my budget and customized a buffet menu that worked for my venue and guests. I was honestly completely pleased with Blue Elephant already going into the week of my wedding- but when it came to crunch time- they exceeded any expectation and truly made my wedding perfect. I ran into some issues with rentals and with one email to Fausto he had the problem solved- within 10 mins (not even enough time for me to have a melt down). The team was absolutely meticulous with set up and worked so well together you could barely tell they were there. During the event Fausto and his team were incredible. They were three steps ahead of the game in every aspect, and ran the show flawlessly. Someone followed my wedding party, making sure they had food. The cards were counted and organized- I could go on and on. With this alone- I wouldn't even have cared if the food was good- but it was AMAZING. Every guest was raving about the dishes- and I just had a simple buffet. To sum it up- if you are thinking about using Blue Elephant, please do, it will be the best choice you make for your event. I am endlessly grateful for Fausto and his team. They have truly found what they are meant to do and mastered it. Bravo

Sent on 09/28/2018

Emily Rudin · Married on 09/01/2018

Not your average caterer!

I interviewed many vendors for my daughters wedding. In the end I selected Blue Elephant and was so happy I did. The entire team was very knowledgeable, responsive, and more importantly just nice people who really seemed to enjoy what they do - making one day special for the bride and groom! As a family, this was our first wedding and as the mother of the bride, I could not have done this without the continued support from Reuben and his entire team. Having said that, I'm a foodie and they are a caterer, the food was incredible! I had people coming up to me all during the wedding, "the food is do delicious and at a wedding...no one expects really great food at a wedding!" Value...their price point was spot on. You give them a budget, they will work with that budget. They have wonderful ideas on how to create very interesting menus for all budget, I was quite impressed. I have one more daughter and will be calling Reuben (hopefully in a few years) to help me! If your looking for someone to "really" take the time to understand who you are, the "vibe" you are trying to achieve, the money you have to spend, and then create a wonderful experience for your event...that is Blue Elephant!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Adela · Married on 08/18/2018

My husband and I loved working with Fausto. He had previously catered my sister-in-law's wedding and his food came highly recommended. We decided to also have him as our wedding planner and we are so glad we did. Planning a wedding from across the country was stressful, especially with 9 vendors to coordinate. We were not sure how it would all come together on the day-of but thanks to the Magic of Fausto, everything was better than we could have hoped. He made great recommendations on rentals that added lovely finishing touches to our venue. When one of our vendors dropped the ball, he stepped in to make sure everything would be perfect. When in rained up till the last minute before our ceremony, we convinced us to do the wedding outside anyways - which was absolutely the right call. His team kept everything running on time while being unfailingly polite. We are so glad we had him on our side on the big day. Great job, Fausto & team!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Abby · Married on 08/04/2018

Choosing to use Reuben and his Blue Elephant team was the best decision my husband and I made in regards to our wedding planning! Reuben went above and beyond our expectations and made our wedding day 100% stress free. Reuben was so accommodating with dietary allergies for our guests and made our entire plated dinner meal gluten and dairy free. Reuben coordinated with all of our other vendors to ensure our wedding day turned out perfect. I would recommend Blue Elephant to all my family and friends!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/28/2018

Highly Recommend Blue Elephant!

When we started to look at venues for our wedding reception, almost every place we went to seemed to recommend Blue Elephant. When we finally chose our venue, we hired Blue Elephant immediately and we are so glad we did! Planning our wedding from Florida wasn’t easy, but Fausto was highly responsive and was always so accommodating to meet with us whenever we came to Maine. So many people commented on the delicious food for cocktail hour and dinner. Fausto is so knowledgeable and recommended all of the best vendors! Our day was perfect thanks to Fausto and his team.

Sent on 12/09/2018

Erica · Married on 07/14/2018

We chose Blue Elephant Catering for our wedding and it was the perfect choice! Not only was the food incredibly delicious (our guests are still talking about it), but the planning process with Reuben from the initial meeting to the wedding day was more than we could have ever asked for. Reuben’s attention to detail and organization over the wedding weekend (rehearsal dinner and wedding) was exactly what we needed. Everything went off without a hitch! I completely trusted him and his team to coordinate the day and they absolutely crushed it. From setting up the venue, owning the itinerary/schedule, to the impeccable food and service - they made our wedding day picture perfect. It was so great not having any worries throughout the weekend because of Blue Elephant. Highly recommend.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Laura · Married on 06/23/2018

We recently used The Blue Elephant for catering for our June wedding at the Masonic Temple and they were the best. Truly incredible team to work with. They helped every step of the way from set up to clean up. They worked very hard to make my dream wedding a reality! Thr service and food was amazing as well. Couldn’t have asked for a better company to work with.

Sent on 06/30/2018

Bryce · Married on 11/04/2017

Hiring Blue Elephant was the BEST DECISION we made planning our wedding. The Blue Elephant Catering team was a group of absolute professionals that were also a tremendous joy to work with. We can’t say enough about how much support we got from Fausto along the wedding planning journey. From help and guidance on wedding 101 basics, to tablescape design, to coordinating our vendors, to navigating challenging family relationships on the day-of, and to calming us down when we got too stressed. He’s a pro through and through with a sense of humor and great attitude to boot. He was additionally our day-of coordinator (which we can’t recommend enough) and everything on our special day exceeded our expectations, 10 out of 10 for every detail, we wouldn’t have changed a thing. If you hire Blue Elephant you will be putting your money and mind at ease and the event will go better than planned.

Sent on 11/16/2017

Chris · Married on 10/14/2017

It’s impossible to put into words how lucky we were to find Blue Elephant. Our wedding was perfect and Reuben and team are the reason why. Their food is amazing, their team is completely professional, and no detail is overlooked. Every guest raved about the food and service. They are simply the best in Maine.

But the catering is just one part of what Blue Elephant does. From the moment we met Reuben he helped oversee all aspects of our planning and then coordinated ALL aspects of the day-of events—from the early morning setup to the entire ceremony and right up until the last guest left the property at 11pm. Nobody worked harder to make our day special than Reuben and his crew and we’ll be forever thankful for them making our day so perfect.

And the most outstanding aspect of all was the level of confidence we felt working with Reuben and his team. Nothing rattles them and more than once Reuben made my anxiety disappear. They are total pros and they take almost all of the stress out of the process. And despite being busier than most people in Maine at any given time all wedding season, not once did Reuben find an excuse to avoid taking my call or text. In fact, he never showed the slightest sign of being annoyed—even when I probably totally deserved it. He was always pleasant and super helpful and never once complained about anything, ever. Reuben is just a gem of a person and you’d never know he’s a major player in the industry because of how humble he is.

While I could go on, the bottom line is that I can GUARENTEE that if you hire Blue Elephant they will ensure your wedding is awesome and will make every single step along the planning process as easy as it could be. I just cannot say enough about how amazing they all are and how blessed we were to have them run our wedding. Do yourself a favor and book Reuben, Fausto and the Blue Elephant team immeadiately! And the value is unreal!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Myranda · Married on 09/23/2017

Blue Elephant is by far the best catering company out there! There are no words to use that could truly express how grateful and amazed we are of the work done the team that was involved with our day!

Finding a caterer for our wedding was such a headache until we called Blue Elephant! My Husband and I did not have an enormous budget and were initially told to avoid Blue Elephant because they were a high end company and probably wouldn't work with a smaller budget. That statement could not have been any more false. We were communicating with the wedding coordinator and we were not a fan of the initial proposal. Instead of instantly writing us off, she talked to the owners Reuben and Fausto (Amazing People) and they were able to offer us a new proposal, it was the best news that were received. My husband and I had such a great time at the tasting, the food was simply amazing! Kaitlyn went over every detail with us and made sure that she knew exactly what we wanted. She was so easy to work with and you can tell she loves what she does! It was also nice to meet with Reuben during our tasting. He made sure that we knew our day was just as important and special as clients that had double our budget. It's not just about the paycheck to them, they went above and beyond for us on our day!

Kaitlyn and the team on our wedding day, were just simply outstanding!! She was able to make my vision come true! All of the planning and all of detail came to life. After all of our conversations, I had no doubt that our day was going to be perfect in their hands.

During our cocktail hour, we were extremely surprised to learn that my husband and I had our own staff member, that was only catering to us for whole night. Anything we needed she was there, it was awesome!!

This company deserves every amount of praise possible for the work that they do. I couldn't have asked to work with a better company for our special day!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Elise · Married on 09/23/2017

Reuben and Blue Elephant enabled what was, by far, the happiest day of our lives. We cannot praise Reuben and his team highly enough. They're far more than just a provider of (delicious!) food - Reuben acts as a wedding coordinator in his own right - he worked SO, so hard for us throughout the entire process. The catering team delivered 150 beautiful, delicious meals for our guests as part of a day that could not have gone more perfectly, thanks in large part to Reuben. Our biggest hugs and warmest thanks to Reuben and the whole team for everything. We give Blue Elephant our highest recommendation.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Skye · Married on 09/09/2017

Blue Elephant did such a wonderful job catering our wedding and the day after brunch! We had worked with Ashli for about 10 months and before we started working with Kaitlyn. The transition was painless and Kaitlyn did an amazing job catching up on all the details for our wedding. She stayed in touch via email (we were planning from out of state) about our vision and then executed it even better than we had envisioned it! Our wedding was held at a private residence and everything really had to be carried out by scratch. Since we were planning from out of state, we really had to rely on Kaitlyn for a lot and she really turned our vision into a beautiful and fun event. Everything went off without a hitch, and that was really due to Kaitlyn’s tireless work coordinating all of our vendors, as well as her own staff. She then arrived at a second private residence at 8am the next day for a brunch for all our guests (quiche and pastries). We got so many positive remarks from our guests about the food at both events and about Kaitlyn and her staff. We were especially grateful to have an assigned staff member who made sure we ate at the event. Wedding menu: lobster rolls, pulled pork and brisket sliders; appetizers: potato pancakes, chicken satay, caprese salad skewers + cheese and crudité station.

Sent on 09/23/2017

Heidi · Married on 09/09/2017

It is hard to put into words just how much appreciation my husband and I have for Fausto and his team at Blue Elephant Catering. Going with Blue Elephant for our September 2017 wedding was a no brainer from the beginning. At our first meeting with Fausto, we felt welcomed like an old friend. He made us feel so excited about what was to come and had wonderful recommendations. Along with catering your event, they will also act as your day-of coordinator. This is an invaluable service, as it took so much of the stress and guess work off of us, allowing us to be fully present in our day. Fausto and his team were attentive, respectful, and professional throughout. He met with us on different occasions, and answered any silly question we had - even putting my mind at ease with a "Plan B" just in case it rained for our outdoor ceremony. The food was fabulous, with many of our guests saying it was the best they have ever had at a wedding. We were so lucky to have Fausto himself as our day-of point person, and I am forever grateful. From helping me with my veil and helping us cut the cake, to keeping vendors to our timeline and making my vision and DIY projects come to life before my very eyes, we could not have done it without his expertise. I will recommend them over and over again. Without a doubt, Blue Elephant is the event and catering company for your big event! Thank you Fausto and team!

Also - a huge thank you to Mariah, part of the catering team, who kept our legs bug sprayed and cocktails in our hands all night! She was AMAZING!

Sent on 03/08/2018

Megan · Married on 05/13/2017

Where to begin with Blue Elephant? Before we even had a venue, we were booked with Blue Elephant - and it was the easiest, and most rewarding decision we collectively made. Blue Elephant is not just a catering company, but a full service event planning and production company, which is something they take great pride in and is evident in every little aspect of their work. Planning our wedding in Maine, from New Jersey, required that we find someone who was trustworthy, reliable, patient, and had as much energy as we did to make sure it was The Best Day Ever - and we found that person in Kaitlyn, a long-time veteran but newly promoted Event Producer who inherited us just four short months before our wedding due to an unforeseen staffing change. Lucky for us, she didn't miss a beat! Kaitlyn did so much for us and kept us on track every second of the way. She went above and beyond our expectations, picked up quickly on the exact vision we were going for, checked in on us regularly in the weeks leading up and more importantly, the day of the wedding, to make sure we had everything we needed and more. Her whole team was just outstanding the day of the wedding, and everyone from the servers to the owners of Blue Elephant were nothing short of a pleasure to work with. They somehow took all of the stress involved in planning a wedding, out of the equation. Everyone at our wedding was remarking on not only how professional and kind everyone was, but how amazing the food was. Another thing, we had requested a rather unique array of passed appetizers for our cocktail hour and we weren't completely sure about how they would be executed - Blue Elephant did it better than we even imagined they'd come out. All of our guests were raving about the quality and diversity of the food. If you're planning a wedding in Maine and you're from out of state, not sure where to start - start here. You'll be grateful to have done so. We certainly are!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Geneva · Married on 09/24/2016

Blue Elephant was the most accommodating vendor we had the pleasure of working with for our wedding. Ashli was our main contact person and also our day-of-coordinator (she does a lot of coordinating before the day-of, though!) and she is absolutely a gem. She's professional, patient, and overall wants you to be happy. I must have sent her the most emails with the most changes and questions throughout the wedding planning process, and Blue Elephant accommodated all of them. I can't even remember how many iterations of the contract we went through (because of us, not Blue Elephant) before we arrived at exactly what we wanted.

We were given the freedom to design our menu and Blue Elephant executed it perfectly. The food was delicious, the service was great, they made the tables look amazing and provided props (included in the contract) to enhance our wedding experience even more. If there were bumps in the road, we didn't know about them, because Blue Elephant are true professionals with a tremendous amount of experience. And it shows!

Thank you, Blue Elephant and especially Ashli for executing our vision perfectly and for guiding us through our wedding day with such patience and calmness. I'll never forget Ashli's reassuring hugs and smiles and how efficiently her team worked to set up the entire reception, even down to arranging loose flowers. Everything was perfect.

Future brides: Blue Elephant is an easy choice.

Sent on 11/04/2016

Sasha · Married on 06/04/2016

Look no further than Blue Elephant Catering if you want outstanding service, amazing food, and so much more than just catering! Reuben and Fausto were incredible to work with, helped us with planning many aspects of the wedding and making helpful vendor recommendations, and we have to mention their incredible warehouse full of props and decor items that they let us use free of charge! It is always refreshing to work with people who have a true passion for what they do, and it clearly comes across in their work. Reuben and Fausto delivered nothing short of perfection and helped make our dream wedding day come true. Fausto personally delivered us our first glass of wine to toast as husband and wife and assigned a wonderful server to make sure we didn't miss out on the delicious appetizers and that I (the bride) was well fed at the wedding! Don't miss out on the chance to work with this fantastic duo. My husband and I, our families, and the guests had nothing but glowing reviews.

Sent on 07/01/2016