101 Reviews for Blue Canary Events

Budget Analysis (2)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Military (1)
101 Blue Canary Events Reviews

We absolutely loved working with Felicia from Blue Canary! We had initially hired a different coordinator from Blue Canary, but when she unexpectedly had to move for a new job, Blue Canary offered us the chance to switch to Felicia. At first, we were nervous about switching to a new person only a few months out from our wedding date, but Felicia was so professional and immediately put us at ease. Felicia took care of so many details in the month leading up to the wedding and on the big day- everything from setting out table decorations to picking up 150 cupcakes to cleaning up flowers at the end of the night. She was a calming presence who made us feel so confident that our special day would run smoothly. Felicia is a big reason that our wedding turned out just as we hoped and imagined! I would highly recommend Felicia and Blue Canary to anyone planning a wedding in the DC area!

Profile Picture User7329569, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Rebecca at Blue Canary was our day-of-coordinator for our Chesapeake Bay wedding in October 2016. I can't express enough how much my husband and I are proud to say that we had her as the ringleader extraordinaire of our wedding day. She brings so much to the table. Not only does she have the best sense of humor, but she is a true professional. She is easily one of the hardest working people I have had the pleasure to work with. When Rebecca signs on to manage your event, she is all in. She takes care of every detail that is important to you and so much more that never would have crossed your mind.

You'll see repeated in all of the reviews on this page that the entire Blue Canary team are highly regarded in the DMV as being the best of the best. This is the opinion of countless couples before us, basically any vendor you talk to in the region, and of course, ourselves. They have their process down to a magical, seemingly effortless science. And yet, the company's approach still feels intimate and personal. Blue Canary's coordinators truly and deeply care about all of their clients, and I think that is just such a tremendous and wonderful attribute to share company-wide. All I can say is that I highly recommend saving room in your budget to hire Blue Canary. It will be the best money you spend on your day.

Profile Picture Emilee, 10/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Military, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals

We hired Rebecca 0'Donnell as our wedding planner to work with us on our wedding prep all the way up to the big day.  She was indispensable and worth every penny!  It helped so much to know that there was a professional keeping us on track, who was there for help, suggestions, advice, tips, moral support, etc.  Rebecca helped us with the big projects and then we tackled the smaller projects ourselves with her guidance.  She also emailed us monthly to-do lists, so we could feel like we were on target and accomplished, getting a manageable chunk of tasks completed each month. I honestly do not know how the wedding planning process would have gone without Rebecca and Blue Canary Events. Many of our guests said ours was one of the most beautiful, romantic, and well-planned weddings they had ever attended! Thank you, Rebecca!!!

Profile Picture Sarah , 9/17/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

Blue Canary (specifically Rebecca) provided day-of coordinator services for our wedding, and I can't emphasize enough how amazing Rebecca was and how much her incredible expertise, knowledge, organization, and level-headedness helped us not only on our wedding day, but also in the month leading up to the wedding. Without Rebecca, I really believe our wedding would've been something of a disaster. She was exceptionally thorough in creating a timeline and helped us consider and plan for literally dozens of things that we would've never thought about.

I won't lie, it was actually my wife that wanted to hire a wedding coordinator at the outset (I didn't see the value initially and figured we could handle it ourselves), but I was wrong. From our very first meeting with Rebecca, before we'd even hired her, she was already making suggestions and it was abundantly clear that we were working with someone who had immense knowledge about what needed to be done, along with a strong commitment to finding out exactly what we wanted to happen during our wedding. For lack of a better example, Rebecca was the artist who took our rough suggestions for a painting and made it into a beautiful finished product.

She also knew almost every one of our other vendors (she's got that much experience in weddings), and had a great rapport with all of them, which speaks volumes to the kind of work she does. Our experience with Rebecca was so great that we've since become friends with her.

I'd recommend Blue Canary, but specifically Rebecca, to anyone without hesitation.

Profile Picture Brian, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Anjie was the perfect planner for us. We're both engineers, highly organized and probably pretty demanding :-) and she was definitely our perfect match. Highlights on why we loved her, in addition to just loving her personality:

1. OPEN MINDED. We met with a lot of planners before we met Anjie and found that some of them were stuck in the cookie cutter wedding traditions. We appreciated her open mindedness and enthusiasm for our unique ideas. In fact, she went way above and beyond to help us realize some of our ideas, like offering to receive air shipments of orchid leis from Hawaii for our guests and storing them in her refrigerator the night before our event. Who does that??? She never really felt like a vendor, she felt like an ally in helping us create and execute our perfect day.

2. ORGANIZED PROBLEM SOLVER. There was nothing that Anjie didn't anticipate and handle. She was the consummate problem solver. Need to cut the ribbon off your flowers 3 minutes before your ceremony starts? She's on it. Temperature suddenly shot up 30 degrees? She's on it. Guests show up awkwardly early? She's on it.

3. PROFESSIONAL. Everyone loved Anjie, from our multiethnic relatives who spoke little English, to our vendors (some more organized than others). In fact, when some of our vendors heard that we were working with Anjie, they expressed their relief and seemed more willing to work with us on some of our constraints.

Don't overthink this decision, you'll love working with Anjie and you need to preserve your brain cells for the millions of decisions you'll make over the next few months, like what shade of white you want your plates to be, lol. Good luck and have fun.

Anjie, we'll see you at our vow renewal planning meeting in 2026 :-)

Profile Picture User6776102, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

We would not have been able to have the amazing wedding we had without Blue Canary Events. Anjie and Laura (with help from Cassie) took care of EVERYTHING, including things I hadn't even thought of. They kept popping up throughout the day, just when I would start to worry about something, and solve whatever the problem was (or, more often, have already solved it). They made decisions for me when I just couldn't even deal with them on the day of the wedding (inside or outside with the crazy weather!), and executed plans perfectly. And they dealt with the 8 billion kids we had in our wedding very smoothly, and the kids all loved them! They worked closely with our florist to ensure that the reception area looked beautiful, including consistently relighting candles and putting things back up that were blown over by the INSANE wind!!! And at the end of the night, somehow they took care of everything and got it in one place so that it was an easy load up the next day. This team is AMAZING, and I can not recommend them enough!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/14/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals

My husband and I cannot say enough good things about Rebecca from Blue Canary Events. She was responsive, helpful, accommodating, and most of all made us feel calm and organized. We never worried that we had forgotten something because we knew Rebecca always had our backs. And she wasn’t afraid to be honest with us, so if we had an idea that wasn’t going to work, she explained why and always had a better alternative. Rebecca would also respond within minutes to our MANY emails, and never ever made us feel like we were bothering her. We hired Rebecca as our wedding coach for our May 2016 wedding, and her vendor referrals were such a help! We loved everyone we worked with and never felt like we were being taken advantage of. Plus, Rebecca went above and beyond her contracted responsibilities and really helped guide us through the whole process. We couldn’t believe how smoothly everything went at our wedding and it was all thanks to Rebecca’s excellent planning. Not to mention that she managed to pull our wedding together flawlessly while planning her own wedding at the same time! We cannot recommend Rebecca or Blue Canary Events more highly!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/7/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious

We engaged Rebecca from Blue Canary as the "Month of" Coordinator for our wedding. Initially, we didn't think a wedding planner was necessary, but my Mom convinced me and my husband and I agree it was absolutely the right decision and great value for the money. We had already picked most of vendors by the time we started working with Rebecca, but she was really helpful in providing suggestions on DJs, hair and make-up (both companies and specific stylists she had worked with). In the months leading up to the wedding, Rebecca was always available on email for a quick question and she was our go-to resource on all things wedding. There are ton of little things that you don't realize go into making a wedding and Rebecca made every detail was covered - from the day of timeline to the placement of tables at the reception to the moving of all the photos and signs from our hotel to the reception and back. And when things didn't go right - Rebecca was cool under pressure. We got stuck in a elevator right before our ceremony and Rebecca was immediately contacting the fire department and venue staff to get us out and calling her assistant coordinator to make sure our guests were informed of the issue at that right time. Our timeline for the night obviously got pushed back, but Rebecca handled it all gracefully and she made sure we had plenty of time to eat, drink, dance, and just enjoy our wedding. Rebecca also really got the more interpersonal part of wedding planning/coordinating. She made a point to understand all the various family dynamics and made it her top priority both right before and the day of the wedding to make sure my husband and I were stress-free and not dealing with logistical questions from our guests. You end up spending a lot of time with your coordinator and Rebecca was fun person to hang out with too! Rebecca was a great coordinator and I would recommend her and the Blue Canary team to anyone that wants to fully enjoy their wedding day!

Profile Picture Liz, 10/10/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious

We had Anjie as our wedding coordinator and it was one of the best decisions we made. Our wedding was more than we could have ever imagined and it went off without a hitch because of Anjie. Anjie was a dream to work with - from helping us find vendors to sorting out complicated logistical issues to taking over the details of the day itself. On the wedding day itself, we were able to enjoy every moment of it because we knew that Anjie had every last detail taken care of. Beyond how good Anjie is at her job, she is also just an amazing person and that made all the difference. We can't thank Anjie enough.

Profile Picture Grace, 9/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Religious

Rebecca at Blue Canary came recommended to us by a friend, and she completely exceeded every one of our expectations. We booked her about a year in advance, and during the next 12 months she responded promptly and helpfully to every email we sent, from photographer recommendations to worries over how big our wedding party should be. She has an extensive knowledge of DC vendors and is 100% committed to using her experience to help create the wedding that YOU want. Everything on our wedding day went perfectly, thanks to Rebecca and her assistants coordinating with all our vendors, keeping the schedule on track, setting up (and cleaning up!) all our DIY displays, and delivering us cocktails :) And on top of all this, she is a warm, lovely person with an awesome sense of humor about everything. I can't recommend her, and the others at Blue Canary Events, highly enough!!

Profile Picture Laurie, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I can say with certainty that without Rebecca's professional, responsive, open, and spot-on guidance, our wedding would not have been a fraction of what it was. When we met Rebecca for the first time, we had already gathered most of our vendors and needed some help bringing it all together. With my busy work schedule, and less than 6 months to go, we needed someone experienced and trustworthy to bring it all together. The "month-of" planning package was right up our alley. Not only was the price right, but even before the "month-of," we could reach out to her by email for anything-- recommendations, advice, opinions-- and get a response in minutes. When our ceremony musicians quit with only a month to go, Rebecca sprung into action, and we had a variety of excellent new groups to choose from. The day of, not only did everything go wonderfully due to Rebecca's expert handling, she took care of everything so me, my husband, and our family could relax and enjoy the day. Rebecca just simply rocks.

Profile Picture Kat, 6/20/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We knew from the very start that we had a perfect fit with Anjie Henry as coordinator for our Big Day. As we found with several of our vendors, in her we feel that we gained not just a pro – but an actual friend as well.

Even a seasoned pro at times can be daunted by the literally hundreds of moving pieces and mishmash of various personalities that must come together and align perfectly for a drama-free wedding. But she expertly tackled each hiccup that arose and ensured that our day was seamless from start to finish – so well that we never even learned of most of the obstacles until two weeks later when we returned from our honeymoon.

Anjie went out of her way to be accommodating throughout the planning period, she worked well with every member of our wedding party and offered us plenty of great ideas to help achieve the vision we had. So that by the time our day finally arrived, we were relaxed and fully confident that our event was in good hands. We knew beyond any doubt that we would have the best outcome possible with the circumstances we had, and that no one could have done it any better. And that’s the very best you can hope for, from any wedding coordinator. Well done, Anjie!

Profile Picture Dave, 4/25/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Finding ourselves in a rut with all of the day-of details, we contacted Blue Canary Events 3 weeks before our wedding. Anjie was available for the day of our wedding and was amazing to work with. She helped us to coordinate our rehearsal and created a timeline for the entire day. She also took over setting up all of the little ceremony and rehearsal odds and ends (e.g. favors, aisle runner, rings, etc.) Anjie truly made the entire process go smoothly.

Anjie was very communicative all throughout the process. She was very organized, extremely professional, extremely upbeat, and was a calming force during the last-minute jitters and wedding gown hem disaster. We could not have done it without her. We highly recommend Anjie to anyone!

Profile Picture Liz, 11/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My fiance and I had found a place to have our wedding and they provided us with a list of vendors they suggested working with, one of which was Blue Canary. I had contacted several wedding planners on the list, but only Blue Canary offered to meet with me and my husband in person, before we had even hired them, which I felt was really helpful! We met with Rebecca, who we found very easy to talk to, knowledgeable and enthusiastic and knew that she would be the perfect person to help plan our wedding. She was there for us every set of the way--from picking the band and the caterer to the cake tasting to dealing with the crazy church lady at the rehearsal to even running by the store to buy champagne on the day of the wedding because I forgot to bring it to the hotel! Her attention to detail and desire for perfection is what makes Rebecca (and the events she plans) so incredible. Our day went off without a hitch and I have her to thank for that! I would highly recommend Blue Canary (and Rebecca specifically)!!

Profile Picture Margaret, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We used Anjie for a customized month and day of package. We didn’t think we needed a wedding planner, but looking back we have no idea what we would have done without her! Anjie is positive, organized, professional, and she always made us feel at ease. She was available to answer our questions, give recommendations, and to meet with us in person whenever we needed. She listened and had an excellent sense of who we are and what we wanted.

Anjie helped us create the perfect day that was a true reflection of “us.” She coordinated with all of our vendors to make a seamless timeline for the wedding day. Anjie was a lifesaver – she stepped in and solved multiple unexpected problems for us – from a bridal gown that didn’t fit two days before the wedding, to missing bouquets and boutonniers literally minutes before our ceremony. All of our vendors loved working with Anjie and our family and friends adored her too. We’d absolutely recommend that any bride and groom add “hire Anjie” to their list of wedding planning “must dos.”

Profile Picture jillian, 9/20/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ryan Hayes was the wedding planner for my daughter's wedding and he was amazing. He went above and beyond the call of duty and the terms of our contract to make the entire wedding weekend go smoothly. I can't begin to tell you how very fortunate we feel that we found him. Everyone who participated in the wedding and attended the wedding at every venue over the course of the weekend shared with us what a pleasure he was, so gracious and spot on at every turn, through rain and sunshine. He handled every thing thrown his way and guided my daughter and now son-in-law through the planning and execution of a beautiful wedding. The Cathedral staff appreciated our having him and all involved would recommend him without reservation. I don't write reviews but our experience with Ryan Hayes at Blue Canary Special Events made it necessary in this case.

Profile Picture Beth, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Rebecca Dick was my month-of coordinator (along with one assistant, Anjie, on our wedding day). Rebecca was super responsive to my emails, and provided helpful guidance/solutions/tips in response to my concerns. One month prior to the wedding, Rebecca took over all vendors correspondence to alleviate stress for me. She's detail oriented, thoughtful and incredibly fun to be around. I couldn't have done it without her!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4284647, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Rebecca was unbelievably good. We live in Pittsburgh but were married in DC. She made wonderful referrals, had all the right opinions, sure of herself without being pushy, funny and smart. A great experience and we could not recommend her highly enough.

Profile Picture User3605769, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Flowers, Photography, Transportation, Travel, Wedding Planning

We hired Blue Canary for our wedding and got paired with Rebecca for the "wedding coach" services. She is fantastic! She was also the only wedding planner that actually wanted to meet with us in person. The other wedding coordinators just wanted to chat on the phone. One of them even stood up our phone meeting. After meeting Rebecca, we felt like she really cared about helping us and was really enthusiastic about the wedding!

She provided us with really good vendor recommendations and really understood our personal style. So the venue, the photographer, the caterer were all perfect! Everything went soo smoothly - I know I had a lot of requests when it came to the decor and the order of events and the wedding was even better than I imagined it. She worked really hard and put in a lot of hours to help me achieve my wedding vision. It was so much fun brainstorming and putting stuff together. We are so thankful to have had her there!

Since we were having a large-ish wedding (160+ guests), we had other day-of assistants and they were all super nice and friendly!

Profile Picture Trish, 9/20/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I hired Blue Canary for Month of Wedding Coordination. I was very lucky to be paired up with Anjie. She is organized, professional, pleasant, punctual, responsive, and gets the job done. I work with people and I know how difficult it is to work with different personalities and get the job done well. Anjie has an amazing talent to do the above with such grace and professionalism. Multiple vendors told me about how they really liked working with her. One vendor mentioned, "Anjie is so great to work with. She is a great reflection of the bride, and makes other vendors want to go above and beyond for you." I thought that just spoke for itself.

Profile Picture Hosai, 8/31/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Blue Canary Events’ Rebecca Dick was fantastic; she genuinely seemed excited to help plan our wedding. Our event had multiple locations and many moving parts, and everything went off with only one hitch—us! The day flowed exactly as planned, with buses, trolleys and vendors coming from every part of the DMV. We had a priest, a rabbi and an accordion player—all the makings of a joke; however, the expertise displayed by Rebecca kept us from being the family laughingstock. The ceremony took place on the National Mall, at the D.C. War Memorial, which is located near the MLK and Lincoln memorials. Well, the date we picked was right smack in the middle of the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington events, which increased the traffic and headache associated with planning. However, all parts moved smoothly; we were largely unaffected. Now it's just a cool story—our wedding coinciding with such a major event—and added to the fun for out of town guests, of which there were many. With all potential complications involved, it was a miracle that nothing major happened. That is truly a testament to the work of Rebecca. She prepared a detailed timeline, and we stuck to it. She kept our riled up families in line; even the naysayers, who felt like the whole thing would blow up in our faces, were giddy after the party ended. Rebecca worked with us about a month before, gathering up all the vendor information and making sure everyone involved was in place. She joked with us and kept things lighthearted, which was a huge thing for me—a classic worrywart and people pleaser. I was able to enjoy what was happening without being hampered by what could go wrong. I also don't know how she did it, but Rebecca somehow wrangled the typically sticky and insufferable D.C. August weather. That particular late August day was gorgeous—sunny, low 80s, with no humidity. Perfection. We had some tiny snafus with a missing check and a drunk photographer, but Rebecca handled those. Hire her!

Profile Picture User4582207, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Rebecca at Blue Canary was perhaps the best wedding related decision we made (other than the actual decision to get married). From the moment we first met her, we knew we wanted her to be our planner. She was down-to-earth, incredibly organized, friendly, and very receptive to our views. Her taste in vendors was impeccable, and very much matched our taste. In fact, the one non-Rebecca approved vendor fell through, and she was able to find a new person to fill in very last minute. Throughout the planning process, she kept us on track and gave us very clear projects when we weren't sure what to tackle next. She advocated for us when our wedding site became somewhat difficult, and dealt with difficult family members (at our request) in a very professional and no-nonsense kind of way. I was actually quite sad when the wedding process was over because it meant having less contact with her. I recommend Rebecca and Blue Canary wholeheartedly, and without any reservations.

Profile Picture David, 7/20/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Tori was my wedding planner and she was truly God sent! I was planning my wedding from 3 hours away, had guests coming from over 5 different countries and I was in school so I was too busy to really do anything. Tori worked closely with my Mom and all the vendors to make sure everything was perfect! I even through some vendors into the mix last minute and she made everything look like it had been planned a year in advance. We had over 300 guests and everything went so incredibly smoothly, all I had to do was show up! If you are apprehensive about the value of having a planner, I can tell you Tori's work with far exceed your expectations and is worth every dime!

Profile Picture T, 5/18/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I wish I could give blue canary 10 stars! We worked with Rebecca and my husband and I still say DAILY how amazing she was and how the wedding would have been so stressful without her. More than that - I not consider Rebecca a friend and I am thrilled to say that. She was helpful, my voice of reason, my cheerleader during frustrating planning times and I could count on her for anything. When I had wacky bridal ideas Rebecca talked me off the ledge and when I had crazy visions Rebecca helped make them come true. This is by far the best value of our entire day. We did only a partial planning package but from start to finish we would have paid double for our fantastic experience. Rebecca answered every question and thought of every problem that could go wrong and fixed them without me even knowing about it. I know that without her the months leading up to the wedding would have been hectic and overwhelming instead of exciting and fun!

Profile Picture Gillian, 11/24/12, 8 Reviews