Bloomingdale Golf Club Reviews

51 | Bloomingdale, IL

51 Reviews for Bloomingdale Golf Club

Bloomingdale Golf Club was the PERFECT place for our wedding ceremony and reception! Karen, our coordinator was truly amazing. Unfortunately, it was raining up until 15 minutes before our outdoor ceremony was supposed to start. Karen was very supportive and gave us plenty of backup plans just in case we couldn't go through with our outdoor ceremony. The staff at Bloomingdale Golf Club had to wipe down the chairs twice, but the rain finally broke and we were able to have our outdoor ceremony! The food was delicious, the venue was beautiful both during the day and at night, and everyone had a blast at our wedding! The staff was so helpful every step of the way, and we were so happy with our choice of venue. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone wanting to have an outdoor ceremony!

Sent on 08/02/2015

Monica · Married on 07/11/2015

We had our wedding here in July and were so impressed with everything! We got the prime rib, chicken piccata and eggplant parmesan as food options and we are still hearing from our guests how good the food was! Karen was awesome to work with and made me feel like I was in very good hands throughout the whole planning process. The actual room is beautiful with high ceilings and surrounded by windows on three sides looking out to the golf course. We could not be happier with the staff and entire experience at Bloomingdale!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2015

Knowing that the perfect venue is the foundation of a great wedding my fiancé and I tirelessly searched and searched. When we walked into Bloomingdale Golf Course that August day we both knew it was everything we wanted and more. From the beautiful grounds, the perfectly neutral ballroom, the affordable menu and the BEST couple, Karen and Jeff, running the show, we knew we found our venue. Throughout the planning process Karen was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and was so quick to return my one million emails.
    When I told Karen that I am crafty and there would be a lot of DIY projects she didn’t bat an eye and encouraged me to be creative. Not something you find at every venue.
    On the day of the wedding Karen and her husband, Jeff, made sure the event went off without a hitch. They stalked the weather all day for our outdoor ceremony (luckily we just beat the rain!) They repeatedly checked in with my husband and I and family members to ensure everyone was taken care off. At the end of the night, Karen and her team cleaned everything up and sent us on our way with our valuables and we came to pick everything up the next day.
    I could go on and on with all of the little thoughtful details and reminders Karen provided but to sum it up if you are looking for a beautiful venue with the best team, look no further, Bloomingdale Golf Course is it!!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Karen is absolutely great to work with. Staff is friendly and service is beyond compare.

Sent on 10/16/2014

JENNIFER · Married on 06/05/2015

In a nutshell, this is the greatest place in the Chicagoland area to get married. We had the best wedding every, and we owe it all to the great staff at Bloomingdale Golf Club.

What we loved specifically:

Karen and Jeff-They run the show. By the end of your wedding, they will feel like family. Karen almost acts as a wedding planner of sort. You certainly shouldn't use her quite like a planner you'd hire, but she will help with most bigger details (she set me up with bagpipers in the area, handled arranging the centerpieces I had DIY, was available during ceremony to guide bridal party, executed ALL my decor ideas flawlessly which included some burlap signs, a somewhat involved cookie bar, various signage throughout). She made the room look like what you see in magazines. Her husband Jeff and she take care in all that they do. They run a tight ship and it shows in the great staff they employ.
    The staff-everyone bent over backwards to ensure our guests had a great time. Whether it was offering a signature cocktail with a smile on their face or helping to arrange our cookies--they were THE NICEST people. I've been to a lot of weddings with bartenders who would rather be anywhere but there. Ours welcomed us and accommodated our crazy bunch of friends.
    The grounds-you get golf carts to take with your bridal party to the various beautiful picture spots on the grounds. How fun!!! Some of the cutest pics are of my bridal party tooling around on the carts. There are bridges and fountains and ponds to capture delightful pics.
    The food-everyone said it was the best wedding food they ever had. The filet is exceptional. Perfectly cooked. The asparagus was done to perfection. The soup made my mouth water. It was perfect.
    The cake--they set you up with a GREAT bakery that is easy to work with and did a WONDERFUL job executing my idea.
    Price-super affordable Reception area: I picked it specifically for its neutral colors that would go with my colors

Sent on 07/16/2015

Amanda · Married on 11/08/2014

Karen was amazing!! She did so much for me and was so helpful. She was easy to get a hold of. She was my coordinator for the night. She made sure everything went perfect. The place was decorated beautiful. Everyone loved the venue. It was very personable. I would recommend that place to everyone.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Everything went absolutely perfect. The staff was at our beckon call the whole evening with their stellar attentiveness. The room is so beautiful and the view is spectacular with the golf course.
    The guests were raving about the room, service, and beauty...

Sent on 01/13/2015

Exceptional service. Karen was so good to work with, she was very responsive, very organized, very accommodating and very helpful with the planning. We could not have asked for a better venue coordinator.

Sent on 12/30/2014

Dominique · Married on 10/11/2014

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at BGC on a BEAUTIFUL day in October. The reception venue is beautiful and neutral (perfect for "Pinterest Brides" and our personal touches), the staff is great, the food is delicious, and Karen is simply AMAZING!

I fully admit I have a touch of OCD and actually tried to find time on my wedding day to go set up all my personal touches myself. Obviously that was crazy and impossible so it didn't happen... but when we got to BGC for pictures I saw what Karen and her staff had done. It was better than I even pictured!! Everything was beyond perfect. My candy buffet was so fun and elegant, the head table was beautiful and romantic, and every personal touch I dreamed up was set up exactly as I envisioned it.

Karen and BGC are also very accommodating. When I asked if we could have a food truck for our late night snack not only did they allow it but Karen couldn't wait to try some grilled cheese. When I asked to create a special signature cocktail again she couldn't wait to see how it went. When I asked to add a candy buffet and a rice krispy cake they created such a beautiful tablescape I cried (brides know this sort of thing can happen when something you envisioned and designed for so long comes together so well). They will definitely go above and beyond to make sure your day is YOUR day.

I will say with 100% certainty, Bloomingdale Golf Club was the best vendor decision we made. Making your day perfect is their goal and they will stop at nothing to make sure that happens. They are on another level.

Sent on 12/31/2014

Lindsey · Married on 09/20/2014

Beautiful venue, delicious food, great service! I had the most amazing wedding reception at Bloomingdale Golf Club!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Samantha · Married on 08/29/2014

My husband and I recently got married at the Bloomingdale Golf Club this past August. We currently live in Washington DC but were born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago. It was important to us to find a venue that would be as helpful as possible, since I would be planning this wedding from out of state. Then we met their event planner, Karen, and our prayers were answered!

I can't praise Karen enough for her willingness and flexibility with us. Anytime I needed to contact her, she was available. Because we live out of state we weren't able to attend their normally scheduled tastings in the middle of the week. However, Karen gave us a private tasting one weekend over the holidays while we were in town. Little things like that show the true colors of a business.

The venue itself is gorgeous, just fitting our guest list of 200. We had our ceremony on site, which turned out to be perfect They also let you take pictures on the golf course, which many places now either don't allow the entire bridal party or will charge extra.

The set up was EXACTLY how I imagined it. They have a beautiful high ceiling above the dance floor with a large chandelier. I decided to spice it up with Chinese lanterns (from a separate vendor) and it worked perfectly. We had our cocktail hour on the terrace overlooking the ceremony space, they can even put a bar outside for you. The cake was absolutely perfect, they really did exactly what I asked for. Karen was always there to give her advice as well, I think she put some beautiful touches on the space. One thing that I was bummed out about were the chair covers. We used their chiavari chairs and had a silk/satin bow tied on the back. Sadly, as soon as someone sat down the chair ties fell off. I would just recommend having them tied on a little differently.

Overall, this is a great place to celebrate your big day!

Sent on 11/18/2014
  • I

Italia · Married on 06/29/2014

For our wedding we worked with lane and she was wonderful from start to finish. Her staff was extremely friendly and did their jobs with the utmost professionalism. The food was absolutely delicious and as my husband said it was the best steak he has ever had! We chose all of our vendors based upon the family feel of the organization and we were not let down. Karen even allowed us to use our dogs in our outdoor ceremony. I would not hesitate to use them for future events!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Shawnie · Married on 06/21/2014

BGC is the perfect venue for the couple that wants a traditional, neutral backdrop for a gorgeous wedding of their dreams. You will be the only wedding at this venue and the staff will be there to make sure all of your visions come to life. You will work so closely with them that they will become friends of yours. They have a very competitively priced menu full of delicious food made on site. They are a catering company first so they take real pride in the food they offer and it shows. The venue is absolutely beautiful with windows on 3 sides of the reception room. A gorgeous outdoor veranda stretches along the outside of the reception room so that guests may enjoy the weather and have cocktail hour outside. We LOVED this. We had a PERFECT wedding thanks to them. You HAVE TO go check out this venue. We did not break the bank and we had a 150 person wedding on a Saturday which was our dream. You don't have to compromise your dream if it's the same as ours was if you go with BGC. GO NOW!!!! You won't regret it!!!!!!!! :)

Sent on 10/13/2014

We just had Our Wedding at the Bloomingdale Golf Course in May 2014. Karen Helmig was wonderful with helping us plan our wedding. She made everything easy and was very willing to help with the little details that help make your wedding special. This was the only vendor willing to help us make it OUR wedding. They listened to our ideas and helped make those ideas come true. We would definitely recommend the Bloomingdale Golf Course. The food and service was excellent. Very easy to communicate with. The room was beautiful!!! We took our pictures on the golf course and they turned out beautiful as the grounds are wonderfully landscaped.

Sent on 07/01/2014
  • Karly

Karly · Married on 10/05/2013

Well, what is there for me to say about the Bloomingdale Golf Club? Our Oct. 5 wedding reception was amazing! My husband and I could not have been happier or more pleased with how everything turned out. After working with Karen for about 16 months throughout our engagement, she knew exactly how we wanted everything, and she executed our vision perfectly. It literally took my breath away when I walked into the reception room for the first time and saw everything come to life - it brought tears to my eyes! The staff was great throughout the reception, and everybody was very helpful and accommodating to me and my groom and our guests.

I cannot recommend this venue enough for your wedding reception. Karen will work closely with you throughout the entire process, and you will form a close friendship with her instead of just talking to her as a vendor! It is a beautiful and scenic location for a wedding/reception and photos in the suburbs. Check it out - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Rachel · Married on 09/28/2013

Bloomingdale Golf Club gave us a wedding beyond our expectations! Aside from providing a picturesque setting, the Club itself is truly run by the most wonderful family and from our first meeting they made us feel like family. I cannot recall a single time when our questions and requests were not responded to within a timely fashion. Karen, the wedding coordinator, is an absolute GEM! She met with my husband and I on several occasions to ensure that our day would be nothing less than perfect. Even when I changed my entire color scheme, Karen was more than supportive and took the time to make sure EVERY detail was exactly what I wanted. My husband and I initially chose the Golf Course because we loved the facility. The back wall where the head table rests is composed of gigantic windows that overlook the golf course, it's truly beautiful. We were extremely fortunate to have great weather and were able to have our cocktail hour on their AMAZING and huge veranda that overlooks the course. It was wonderful because it left our guests with an element of surprise for they did not see the actual reception room until dinner. Karen made the entire process exciting and easy. Their food options are wonderful and the upgrades are extremely reasonable, especially when compared to other venues. Upgrading the bar package was also very reasonable. The Club also offers late night snacks and additional dessert options! They work with wonderful vendors, who were all very accommodating throughout the process. My husband and I do not have a single regret about selecting the Bloomingdale Golf Club for our wedding venue. The staff and setting truly provide a fairytale wedding for any bride and groom. We are still getting compliments about the venue today!

Sent on 12/19/2013

Jon · Married on 09/02/2012

When choosing between several different venues to have our wedding, we decided to go with Bloomingdale Golf Club mostly because of the personal attention we received from Karen and Jeff Helmig. It was clear to us after first meeting them that they were going do everything they could to make our wedding day special for us. They definitely did not disappoint!

Because we were planning an Illinois wedding while living in California, we were nervous about having to coordinate all of the details of the ceremony and reception from 2000 miles away. I must say that Karen put those fears to rest! As our main contact throughout the process, Karen was always quick to respond to emails and phone calls, was open to all of our unique requests, and even offered her own suggestions on how to make our day even more memorable. It was a very collaborative process, and we couldn't be happier with the way the day turned out!

We highly recommend having your wedding at Bloomingdale! The setting outside is beautiful for a ceremony, the terrace is a charming place for a cocktail hour, and the space inside has a very good layout for an elegant and fun reception. But most of all, we recommend Bloomingdale because the family that runs it will take the time to get to know you and make your day as special as possible!

Sent on 10/31/2012

Tracey · Married on 06/09/2012

My Wedding was June 9, 2012 and we had a fantastic time at Bloomingdale Golf Club. The room is beautifully done, and Karen and her team are really great to work with. They were even able to accomodate our request to try an entree not on the menu (we ended up not going with it, because we liked the beef tenderloin so much), but I was pleased that they were flexible with me. They also were able to help set up the tables and made the room look gorgeous! I would definitely recommend BGC to anyone who was looking for a venue.

Sent on 06/25/2012

Kaitlyn · Married on 06/28/2014

My wedding was amazing and a lot had to do with Karen and her staff at Bloomingdale. They were accommodating and met every request we asked. They were very responsive and helped make my reception perfect. Everything went smooth and I couldn't have asked for a better time. We took our pictures on the course and the greens were in great condition. The food was delicious and they even took great care of my guests with food allergies. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding. I would recommend Bloomingdale Golf Club for any occasion, especially wedding receptions.

Sent on 08/16/2014

Danielle · Married on 10/10/2009

Don does a great job letting you know of all your options from the start, he also is very easy going in meeting your needs. The staff is very friendly and the establishment and grounds are beautiful.

Sent on 11/25/2009

Karen was so easy to work with and the venue was perfect. We received many complements on the food as well as the great customer service. The club is very flexible, friendly and accommodating.

Sent on 08/25/2015

Sara · Married on 05/30/2015

This is not your ordinary banquet hall! It is family owned and you get a personal experience right from the start. On Our first tour we met Karen and Jeff. We saw how beautiful the grounds were and we loved the patio. Of course we got a horrible weather day when we planned our ceremony outside, but Karen and Jeff were so accommodating. They had a good outing that canceled so they quickly moved our ceremony into the tent and it was gorgeous. Jeff gave me his jacket and escorted my husband and I around in a golf cart for pictures! They are genuinely nice and professional and this was one of the most affordable places we found.

Sent on 06/04/2015

Sarah · Married on 07/20/2013

For our wedding, we wanted something in the Northwest Chicago suburbs that was close to our church- it didn't take us long to decide on Bloomingdale Golf Club. With its gorgeous windows looking out on the golf course and bright, open dining space, my husband and I knew instantly this was the venue we wanted! Our only issue happened at the beginning of the contracting process- we were told that a Saturday in June was open for our wedding and after we put a deposit down, we were contacted a few days later and told that that Saturday was already reserved for a different couple. We ended up booking a Saturday a month later. Besides that initial snafu, Karen and Jeff Helmig are incredibly helpful and flexible in making your vision for your wedding a reality. I would also recommend their catering service, Catering With Elegance- the food was FANTASTIC, everything was hot when it was served, and there is no way ANY of your guests will leave hungry!

Sent on 07/26/2013

Mary · Married on 06/11/2011

Everything was great about working with Bloomingdale Golf Club, especially Don. If you want to get a hold of him, call instead of email! It has such a laid back and friendly atmosphere; this showed through all the way to our wedding night. If you want everything detailed and laid out specifically ahead of time, it may not be a perfect fit. However if you want a true professional who probably has seen it all and will take great care of you, Don is your man.

He was so flexible with all of our requests and provided everything flawlessly.

The venue was very well maintained, clean, and beautiful. The staff were nothing but great. We've received many compliments due to their hard work. Ask him about the hot dog cart!

Sent on 06/29/2011

3.5

Excellent all-around. Karen was great to work with, very responsive. The venue is lovely especially on a gorgeous day, which by the grace of God, we got to have for our outdoor wedding ceremony!

Sent on 07/06/2015