47 Reviews for Bloomingdale Golf Club

Signature Drink (1)
Chair Covers (1)
Chocolate Fountain (1)
47 Bloomingdale Golf Club Reviews

Absolutely amazing day through and through. Karen and her staff did an exceptional job. The food was excellent. The venue is beautiful. Karen is truly a perfectionist. She cares about the couples she is working with. Karen emails you back right away, the same day. I will always remember how wonderful she treated us and how wonderful our experience was.

Profile Picture Mariesa, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up

My now husband and I just had our wedding reception there on Saturday 10/14. It was absolutely amazing. Many guests complimented the food and the service. It was top notch. Karen and Lisa I dealt with the most during the planning process and they were always there to answer questions and help me through it. The day of my wedding I was blown away with how beautiful the room was set up. They did such a great job and I would recommend them to anyone. Genuinely nice people and very helpful. I loved my experience with them!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our dream wedding day came to life with the help of Karen and her staff. The passion she has for her work shows in everything she does, especially in the relationship she makes with her clients. We planned our wedding with her for 15 months and in the last 2 months I must have emailed her every single day! She assured me with every question I had and made me feel at ease. On our special day the entire staff was very attentive with all our guests which was much appreciated! The food was amazing, the dance floor was filled all night and no one wanted to leave. We thank you so much Karen for everything you did. Bloomingdales Golf Club is the venue to choose for your wedding, you will not be disappointed! :)

Briana and Clint

Profile Picture Clint, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor

Bloomingdale Golf Club was the perfect place for our wedding reception! They were helpful from the first day we went to visit to check out the location. They provides a lot of details in a manageable and not overwhelming way. They answered all our questions and gave us some ideas and tips of things we hadn't thought of. They set everything up for us and it was all even more beautiful than I imagined it would be. They also took everything down and we were able to go back and pick it up the next day. The room is beautiful with full glass windows looking out over the golf club. Guests loved the wrap around veranda for a quieter atmosphere or to get some air. Guests said the food is some of the best they've ever had from a wedding which was one of the big sells when we booked it! Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Profile Picture User4745705, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

They were wonderful in working with us for our small, but elegant, second wedding. Many favorable comments from guests about the food and the service and someone was always there to help us at every step.

Profile Picture Rita, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at the Bloomingdale Golf Club March 25th, 2017 and it went off without a hitch! My entire vision was based off a color swatch and a picture of a flower bouquet, and the end result exceeded my expectations! Karen and her team are a well oiled machine, and I literally didn't worry about a single thing on my wedding day. More importantly than the beautiful venue, amazing staff, and delicious food were Karen's vendor recommendations. From the flowers, to the cake, and even the officiant .... Karen nailed it on every account! It was an amazing day and we owe it to Bloomingdale Golf Club!

Profile Picture Liz, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance, Set Up

From the first time we met with Karen and Jeff we knew that this is where we would get married. Karen was so informative and seemed to really love doing weddings. After we booked, Karen was always available to email back and forth with any questions I had which definitely made me feel at ease! She welcomed us to stop by and see the space any time we needed to help with planning. The day of our wedding-OMG...Karen and her staff absolutely brought our vision to life. It looked better than I ever imagined. She put together the candy table and it looked beautiful! All our guests commented on how amazing everything looked and how great the entire staff was. Karen and Jeff are two incredible people! They put so much love into their events and we are so happy!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/24/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Choosing Bloomingdale Golf Club to host our wedding reception in September 2016 was the best decision my husband and I made with the wedding planning. From the 1st meeting, we felt like we were a part of Jeff and Karen's family. On the day of, I knew I did not have to worry about ANYTHING as I trusted Karen and the staff 100%. Everything was so beautiful and our friends and family are still talking about the atmosphere. We can not thank Bloomingdale Golf Club enough!

Profile Picture Angela, 9/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a great venue with a beautiful room and outdoor area. Karen and her staff were absolutely amazing to work with. She guided us through every detail and made sure everything was perfect. At the end of the reception, Karen told us to just enjoy the rest of the night and that we could come back the next day to pick up all our things. When we returned the next morning she already had everything boxed up for us and ready to go. I cannot recommend this venue highly enough!

Profile Picture Alex, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband John and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding!!! We worked closely with Karen to make our vision a reality! She had many samples and ideas to share to help us create the perfect day! The wait staff was wonderful too! They served our delicious dinner with white gloves and they didn't use those cheap looking plate covers. The cake was included with the venue and it was excellent. They recommended other vendors we could work with which was great! Our DJ was someone we selected on our own and even he said he loved working with Bloomingdale Golf Club! We had appetizers, a chocolate fountain and chair covers. We also showed a slide show that we created and they were more than happy to set up and take down the projector and screen! For photos we got to take the golf carts around the golf course, which was tons of fun! The pictures turned out great too! We can't thank Bloomingdale Golf Club enough! Our vision was brought to life thanks to Karen and her amazing team!

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything about our wedding day was perfect and Bloomingdale made it happen. There's a big difference between a wedding venue that pretends to care and one that really does. Karen and Jeff and their wonderful staff genuinely care about every aspect and it shows. You will not get better or more personal service anywhere. The setting is superb with a huge wraparound deck with views of the golf course. The food was another reason we booked here, it's award-winning and everyone raved about it. The steak was outstanding. We recommend Bloomingdale golf club in the highest terms.

Thank you Karen and Jeff for a day that everyone will remember forever!

Love, Beth and Craig

Married July 9, 2016

Profile Picture Beth, 7/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at Bloomingdale Golf Club was the best wedding decision we had made. They treat all of their guests like family, and the scenery is stunning. Planning with the Helmig family is such a joy and very easy going. The night of the wedding went very smoothly and everyone had a blast, al while having such beautiful decor. I would 100% use this venue again.

Profile Picture Bridget, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We had our ceremony and reception at Bloomingdale Golf Course on June 11, 2016. We were very pleased with our overall experience. The ceremony space was not only beautiful but convenient for our guests. There were no other golfers or carts around the ceremony space. The veranda allowed for late arriving guests to watch without interrupting and for handicapped guests to still partake.

The reception hall was beautiful and set up exactly how we wanted it. The food and wait staff was excellent and very friendly. Karen and her husband were extremely helpful all day with setting up and making sure we were accommodated. Karen helped get the bride down the aisle to asking constantly what we needed to make the day perfect. We absolutely loved our wedding day and would recommend Bloomingdale Golf Course for ceremony and reception.

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding (both ceremony and reception) at Bloomingdale Golf Club was truly exceptional in every way. The venue itself is just gorgeous and the venue coordinator, Karen, is helpful and responsive to every question or need! She truly brought our vision to reality and was very open to our ideas. The room is beautiful as it is, but Karen works closely with you to customize anything you need, like linens, chairs, etc. so you can really make it your own. Our guests were raving about the delicious food. The wedding packages include everything (catering and bar service) which makes planning so easy. On our wedding day, we never had to answer any questions or make any decisions. If there was anything amiss, we never knew! Karen handles everything so your wedding reception will flow beautifully. We were able to bring in outside vendors for extra things, like an open air photo booth and string lights for the outdoor veranda (which is phenomenal for cocktail hour!) You are also able to take pictures with your wedding party on the grounds. There is a bridge on the golf course and beautiful trees so the pictures are gorgeous. Included in the wedding package is your cake, which you choose through Central Continental Bakery in Mt. Prospect. The cake was fresh and delicious, just as it was when we had our tasting! Overall, everything was perfect and I couldn't imagine a better place to have our wedding!

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/28/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone was great! We had a brunch wedding-- Karen was so great and came up with a fantastic menu which our guests raved about! Beautiful golf course and great venue, start to finish!

Profile Picture Antoinette , 4/2/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Event Planning, Indoor

My husband and I wed February 2016 at the Bloomingdale Golf Club. We had the most wonderful, top rated experience working with Karen and the BGC team. When we first started looking at venues and meeting different wedding coordinators, we realized picking the right team was just as important as picking the right location. My husband and I instantly knew the BGC was our venue when we first met with Karen and her husband. They were warm, friendly, real, and had a ton of experience. Karen was extremely attentive and accommodating from beginning to end. She made everything easy and anytime I needed a professional opinion she was always there. We love her!
The space was perfect for us in both size and style. It is beautiful both outside and in. We have some incredible pictures on the grounds. The stone archways out back make for an incredible backdrop. The pricing was very fair. I was blown away when I first saw the space transformed. My husband and I had our actual ceremony in the same room as the reception. It was absolutely gorgeous. The transition from wedding ceremony to reception was very smooth. The food, as well as the service, was fabulous! We received so many compliments on so many different levels that day. If anything went wrong, we had no idea. I highly recommend Karen and the team at the BGC for any event.

Profile Picture Christine, 2/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karen and Jeff were amazing to work with. From the moment we met Karen and saw the space we knew that this is where we wanted to celebrate our wedding with family and friends. Karen answered all my questions, whether by phone or email and allowed me to stop by on occasion so I could get a feel for the space as I narrowed down reception ideas. When we walked into the space before the cocktail hour, I just couldn't get over how beautiful the room looked. They made sure that every detail was in place and no item let undone. We were thrilled. We were able to enjoy the evening knowing that our reception was in the capable hands of Karen and Jeff from Catering with Elegance.

Profile Picture Elizabeth , 11/7/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Bloomingdale Golf Club was INCREDIBLE!!! We found this location by chance and could not have been happier. Karen and Jeff were so easy to work with and their staff was amazing. My wedding was perfect!! We had so much fun taking pictures on the beautiful golf course. The room was stunning with a great view and the food was delicious. It was truly a great time had by all.

Profile Picture Marissa, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

As a professional meeting and event planner, I knew I would have very high expectations for whichever venue my (now) husband and selected for our reception. It's a blessing and a curse sometimes, to understand the industry and how everything works behind the scenes. Karen and Jeff did not disappoint! At our very first meeting, we were checking out the venue, and while chatting with Karen, she was fixing the hem on a chair cover and making sure sconces were straight for the wedding reception that evening. I knew that if she was that detail-oriented for this wedding, she would be for every wedding reception, including mine. Between the gorgeous venue, intimate setting, and amazing husband-wife duo of Karen and Jeff, we knew this was the place. Throughout the process Karen was our main contact, responding promptly to emails and walking us through all of the ins and outs of the planning process and making all of our final selections. Jeff manages the kitchen and was always around when we were at the venue, offering help or ideas always with a smile. They and their staff have things down to a science. We were the 5th wedding reception in a span of 8 days, and while I can only imagine how worn out the staff must have been, you couldn't tell that night.

One of the best perks of booking here is being able to take the golf carts out on the course for photos. That was certainly a highlight of the evening. The wrap-around terrace was amazing and perfect for the cool fall night, and gave everyone a chance to cool off in between dances. The food was great and we had a fabulous time. Just before we were introduced Jeff and Karen closed the doors to the ballroom and took a moment to say congratulations and remind us to take in the whole night. As we were introduced they opened the doors and away we went. It was such a sweet moment during a whirlwind of a day.

In short, you can't go wrong at BGC. Check them out!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Karen was such a pleasure to work with! She did above and beyond what we expected and made our day that much easier for us!! We did not have our ceremony there although I'm sure it would have been just as good as our reception! We had an appetizers and cocktails dinner... Staff was pleasant and the food was delicious! Everyone is still raving about the prime rib carving station! Was a little worried about the amount of food... But there was PLENTY! Bar tenders were on point and no wait to get a drink which was awesome! Karen put such detail in setting up my candles as centerpieces, as well as all my decorations! Beautiful EVERYTHING!! Would HIGHLY recommend Bloomingdale Golf Course for your reception! My husband and I could not have asked for a better experience on such an important day!

Profile Picture Vanessa , 10/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Event Planning

I LOVED having my wedding reception here! First and foremost, Karen is awesome to work with! She's so sweet and is on top of everything. She answers any questions you have through email right away and she always calmed my nerves. The wedding reception itself was wonderful--we had sooo many comments from our guests on how good the food was, everything was set up beautifully, the staff was so friendly and on top of everything, and there were golf carts waiting to take us on the course for pictures upon arrival. We are truly so happy to have had the reception there and highly recommend it! :)

Profile Picture User4426057, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

Karen was amazing and really made our day special. She was on top of everything the day of the wedding and kept us on schedule. I left everything up to her to set everything up with my decorations and it turned out so beautifully. I am so happy we picked them as our venue. Our guest are still talking about how good the food was.

Profile Picture Courtney , 9/5/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Karen was so easy to work with and the venue was perfect. We received many complements on the food as well as the great customer service. The club is very flexible, friendly and accommodating.

Profile Picture ashley, 8/8/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Bloomingdale Golf Club was the PERFECT place for our wedding ceremony and reception! Karen, our coordinator was truly amazing. Unfortunately, it was raining up until 15 minutes before our outdoor ceremony was supposed to start. Karen was very supportive and gave us plenty of backup plans just in case we couldn't go through with our outdoor ceremony. The staff at Bloomingdale Golf Club had to wipe down the chairs twice, but the rain finally broke and we were able to have our outdoor ceremony! The food was delicious, the venue was beautiful both during the day and at night, and everyone had a blast at our wedding! The staff was so helpful every step of the way, and we were so happy with our choice of venue. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone wanting to have an outdoor ceremony!

Profile Picture User4066408, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding here in July and were so impressed with everything! We got the prime rib, chicken piccata and eggplant parmesan as food options and we are still hearing from our guests how good the food was! Karen was awesome to work with and made me feel like I was in very good hands throughout the whole planning process. The actual room is beautiful with high ceilings and surrounded by windows on three sides looking out to the golf course. We could not be happier with the staff and entire experience at Bloomingdale!

Profile Picture Monica, 7/11/15, 3 Reviews