Bloomingdale Golf Club Reviews

51 Bloomingdale Golf Club Reviews
  • Kristine

Kristine · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing Attention to Detail and Customer Service

I cannot thank Karen Helmig and her team at Bloomingdale Golf Club for helping us bring to life our ideas for our reception! The guest loved their food - appetizers and dinner and all - and the taco bar was AMAZING!!! Our room looked phenomenal and everything was just perfect! From the moment we checked out the venue, my mom and my fiancé (now husband) and I felt so at ease speaking to Karen and her husband Jeff - they answered our questions and went above and beyond in terms of customer service!

Karen was very supportive of my picky creative vision and she just gets me and understood what I was going for :) Karen helped me track down the perfect color for linens (which we learned I picked a complicated color to match lol) and gave suggestions per my vision (really glad I got the chairs bc the room looked so amazing and I got a lot of compliments on how the whole reception looked and went). They set up my room so well with all my details I wanted including the set up of the seating shells!

Everyone was so helpful! Lisa also helped answer all random and piecemeal questions I have so quickly that I was able to make decisions on the fly! Karen made sure that hand off was a breeze and made me feel so comfortable to trust her with all the details so I am relaxed going into the big day!

During pictures, Jeff made sure that the groom and I were well taken care of from leading the photographers, helping with the dress as I get on the carts to making sure we were warm - so accommodating and thoughtful of us since it was cold out and my husband’s leg was bothering him during pictures. He was a trooper staying out with us and braving the cold through out the photo shoot. They are all so amazing to work with and would recommend their team to anyone a hundred times over! We are so happy with everything - thank you for being part of our story!

Paige · Married on 07/21/2018

Perfection!

PERFECT!! My husband and I had our ceremony outside here and reception inside on July 21, 2018. The grounds are beautiful!!! Karen and Lisa from the Golf Club helped us with the planning process. They responded SO quickly and were nothing but kind and helpful! The guests said the food was great and we loved it too! The day went off without a hitch!! It was amazing and we wouldn't change a thing!!

Thomas · Married on 06/09/2018

We couldn't be happier with our choice of venue. The ceremony had a beautiful set up. We were also floored by how the reception was set up. Not only was the venue beautiful, but the service was awesome. Karen and Jeff were beyond professional and at both at our initial meeting and our detail meeting Karen made sure she understood what we were looking for and expecting. The biggest compliment we received other than the the general ambiance of the venue was how great the food tasted. They truly made our big day special.

Mariesa · Married on 10/28/2017

Absolutely amazing day through and through. Karen and her staff did an exceptional job. The food was excellent. The venue is beautiful. Karen is truly a perfectionist. She cares about the couples she is working with. Karen emails you back right away, the same day. I will always remember how wonderful she treated us and how wonderful our experience was.

Stephanie · Married on 10/14/2017

My now husband and I just had our wedding reception there on Saturday 10/14. It was absolutely amazing. Many guests complimented the food and the service. It was top notch. Karen and Lisa I dealt with the most during the planning process and they were always there to answer questions and help me through it. The day of my wedding I was blown away with how beautiful the room was set up. They did such a great job and I would recommend them to anyone. Genuinely nice people and very helpful. I loved my experience with them!

Clint · Married on 10/07/2017

Our dream wedding day came to life with the help of Karen and her staff. The passion she has for her work shows in everything she does, especially in the relationship she makes with her clients. We planned our wedding with her for 15 months and in the last 2 months I must have emailed her every single day! She assured me with every question I had and made me feel at ease. On our special day the entire staff was very attentive with all our guests which was much appreciated! The food was amazing, the dance floor was filled all night and no one wanted to leave. We thank you so much Karen for everything you did. Bloomingdales Golf Club is the venue to choose for your wedding, you will not be disappointed! :)

Briana and Clint

• User4745705 · 1+ year ago

Bloomingdale Golf Club was the perfect place for our wedding reception! They were helpful from the first day we went to visit to check out the location. They provides a lot of details in a manageable and not overwhelming way. They answered all our questions and gave us some ideas and tips of things we hadn't thought of. They set everything up for us and it was all even more beautiful than I imagined it would be. They also took everything down and we were able to go back and pick it up the next day. The room is beautiful with full glass windows looking out over the golf club. Guests loved the wrap around veranda for a quieter atmosphere or to get some air. Guests said the food is some of the best they've ever had from a wedding which was one of the big sells when we booked it! Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Rita · Married on 06/17/2017

They were wonderful in working with us for our small, but elegant, second wedding. Many favorable comments from guests about the food and the service and someone was always there to help us at every step.

Liz · Married on 03/25/2017

We had our wedding at the Bloomingdale Golf Club March 25th, 2017 and it went off without a hitch! My entire vision was based off a color swatch and a picture of a flower bouquet, and the end result exceeded my expectations! Karen and her team are a well oiled machine, and I literally didn't worry about a single thing on my wedding day. More importantly than the beautiful venue, amazing staff, and delicious food were Karen's vendor recommendations. From the flowers, to the cake, and even the officiant .... Karen nailed it on every account! It was an amazing day and we owe it to Bloomingdale Golf Club!

Amanda · Married on 09/24/2016

From the first time we met with Karen and Jeff we knew that this is where we would get married. Karen was so informative and seemed to really love doing weddings. After we booked, Karen was always available to email back and forth with any questions I had which definitely made me feel at ease! She welcomed us to stop by and see the space any time we needed to help with planning. The day of our wedding-OMG...Karen and her staff absolutely brought our vision to life. It looked better than I ever imagined. She put together the candy table and it looked beautiful! All our guests commented on how amazing everything looked and how great the entire staff was. Karen and Jeff are two incredible people! They put so much love into their events and we are so happy!

Angela · Married on 09/17/2016

Choosing Bloomingdale Golf Club to host our wedding reception in September 2016 was the best decision my husband and I made with the wedding planning. From the 1st meeting, we felt like we were a part of Jeff and Karen's family. On the day of, I knew I did not have to worry about ANYTHING as I trusted Karen and the staff 100%. Everything was so beautiful and our friends and family are still talking about the atmosphere. We can not thank Bloomingdale Golf Club enough!

Alex · Married on 08/27/2016

This is a great venue with a beautiful room and outdoor area. Karen and her staff were absolutely amazing to work with. She guided us through every detail and made sure everything was perfect. At the end of the reception, Karen told us to just enjoy the rest of the night and that we could come back the next day to pick up all our things. When we returned the next morning she already had everything boxed up for us and ready to go. I cannot recommend this venue highly enough!

Lauren · Married on 07/10/2016

My husband John and I could not have asked for a more perfect wedding!!! We worked closely with Karen to make our vision a reality! She had many samples and ideas to share to help us create the perfect day! The wait staff was wonderful too! They served our delicious dinner with white gloves and they didn't use those cheap looking plate covers. The cake was included with the venue and it was excellent. They recommended other vendors we could work with which was great! Our DJ was someone we selected on our own and even he said he loved working with Bloomingdale Golf Club! We had appetizers, a chocolate fountain and chair covers. We also showed a slide show that we created and they were more than happy to set up and take down the projector and screen! For photos we got to take the golf carts around the golf course, which was tons of fun! The pictures turned out great too! We can't thank Bloomingdale Golf Club enough! Our vision was brought to life thanks to Karen and her amazing team!

Beth · Married on 07/09/2016

Everything about our wedding day was perfect and Bloomingdale made it happen. There's a big difference between a wedding venue that pretends to care and one that really does. Karen and Jeff and their wonderful staff genuinely care about every aspect and it shows. You will not get better or more personal service anywhere. The setting is superb with a huge wraparound deck with views of the golf course. The food was another reason we booked here, it's award-winning and everyone raved about it. The steak was outstanding. We recommend Bloomingdale golf club in the highest terms.

Thank you Karen and Jeff for a day that everyone will remember forever!

Love, Beth and Craig

Married July 9, 2016

Bridget · Married on 07/03/2016

Having our wedding at Bloomingdale Golf Club was the best wedding decision we had made. They treat all of their guests like family, and the scenery is stunning. Planning with the Helmig family is such a joy and very easy going. The night of the wedding went very smoothly and everyone had a blast, al while having such beautiful decor. I would 100% use this venue again.

Meghan · Married on 06/11/2016

We had our ceremony and reception at Bloomingdale Golf Course on June 11, 2016. We were very pleased with our overall experience. The ceremony space was not only beautiful but convenient for our guests. There were no other golfers or carts around the ceremony space. The veranda allowed for late arriving guests to watch without interrupting and for handicapped guests to still partake.

The reception hall was beautiful and set up exactly how we wanted it. The food and wait staff was excellent and very friendly. Karen and her husband were extremely helpful all day with setting up and making sure we were accommodated. Karen helped get the bride down the aisle to asking constantly what we needed to make the day perfect. We absolutely loved our wedding day and would recommend Bloomingdale Golf Course for ceremony and reception.

Michelle · Married on 05/28/2016

Our wedding (both ceremony and reception) at Bloomingdale Golf Club was truly exceptional in every way. The venue itself is just gorgeous and the venue coordinator, Karen, is helpful and responsive to every question or need! She truly brought our vision to reality and was very open to our ideas. The room is beautiful as it is, but Karen works closely with you to customize anything you need, like linens, chairs, etc. so you can really make it your own. Our guests were raving about the delicious food. The wedding packages include everything (catering and bar service) which makes planning so easy. On our wedding day, we never had to answer any questions or make any decisions. If there was anything amiss, we never knew! Karen handles everything so your wedding reception will flow beautifully. We were able to bring in outside vendors for extra things, like an open air photo booth and string lights for the outdoor veranda (which is phenomenal for cocktail hour!) You are also able to take pictures with your wedding party on the grounds. There is a bridge on the golf course and beautiful trees so the pictures are gorgeous. Included in the wedding package is your cake, which you choose through Central Continental Bakery in Mt. Prospect. The cake was fresh and delicious, just as it was when we had our tasting! Overall, everything was perfect and I couldn't imagine a better place to have our wedding!

Antoinette · Married on 04/02/2016

Everyone was great! We had a brunch wedding-- Karen was so great and came up with a fantastic menu which our guests raved about! Beautiful golf course and great venue, start to finish!

Christine · Married on 02/13/2016

My husband and I wed February 2016 at the Bloomingdale Golf Club. We had the most wonderful, top rated experience working with Karen and the BGC team. When we first started looking at venues and meeting different wedding coordinators, we realized picking the right team was just as important as picking the right location. My husband and I instantly knew the BGC was our venue when we first met with Karen and her husband. They were warm, friendly, real, and had a ton of experience. Karen was extremely attentive and accommodating from beginning to end. She made everything easy and anytime I needed a professional opinion she was always there. We love her!
    The space was perfect for us in both size and style. It is beautiful both outside and in. We have some incredible pictures on the grounds. The stone archways out back make for an incredible backdrop. The pricing was very fair. I was blown away when I first saw the space transformed. My husband and I had our actual ceremony in the same room as the reception. It was absolutely gorgeous. The transition from wedding ceremony to reception was very smooth. The food, as well as the service, was fabulous! We received so many compliments on so many different levels that day. If anything went wrong, we had no idea. I highly recommend Karen and the team at the BGC for any event.

Karen and Jeff were amazing to work with. From the moment we met Karen and saw the space we knew that this is where we wanted to celebrate our wedding with family and friends. Karen answered all my questions, whether by phone or email and allowed me to stop by on occasion so I could get a feel for the space as I narrowed down reception ideas. When we walked into the space before the cocktail hour, I just couldn't get over how beautiful the room looked. They made sure that every detail was in place and no item let undone. We were thrilled. We were able to enjoy the evening knowing that our reception was in the capable hands of Karen and Jeff from Catering with Elegance.

Marissa · Married on 10/24/2015

Bloomingdale Golf Club was INCREDIBLE!!! We found this location by chance and could not have been happier. Karen and Jeff were so easy to work with and their staff was amazing. My wedding was perfect!! We had so much fun taking pictures on the beautiful golf course. The room was stunning with a great view and the food was delicious. It was truly a great time had by all.

Kelly · Married on 10/10/2015

As a professional meeting and event planner, I knew I would have very high expectations for whichever venue my (now) husband and selected for our reception. It's a blessing and a curse sometimes, to understand the industry and how everything works behind the scenes. Karen and Jeff did not disappoint! At our very first meeting, we were checking out the venue, and while chatting with Karen, she was fixing the hem on a chair cover and making sure sconces were straight for the wedding reception that evening. I knew that if she was that detail-oriented for this wedding, she would be for every wedding reception, including mine. Between the gorgeous venue, intimate setting, and amazing husband-wife duo of Karen and Jeff, we knew this was the place. Throughout the process Karen was our main contact, responding promptly to emails and walking us through all of the ins and outs of the planning process and making all of our final selections. Jeff manages the kitchen and was always around when we were at the venue, offering help or ideas always with a smile. They and their staff have things down to a science. We were the 5th wedding reception in a span of 8 days, and while I can only imagine how worn out the staff must have been, you couldn't tell that night.

One of the best perks of booking here is being able to take the golf carts out on the course for photos. That was certainly a highlight of the evening. The wrap-around terrace was amazing and perfect for the cool fall night, and gave everyone a chance to cool off in between dances. The food was great and we had a fabulous time. Just before we were introduced Jeff and Karen closed the doors to the ballroom and took a moment to say congratulations and remind us to take in the whole night. As we were introduced they opened the doors and away we went. It was such a sweet moment during a whirlwind of a day.

In short, you can't go wrong at BGC. Check them out!

Vanessa · Married on 10/09/2015

Karen was such a pleasure to work with! She did above and beyond what we expected and made our day that much easier for us!! We did not have our ceremony there although I'm sure it would have been just as good as our reception! We had an appetizers and cocktails dinner... Staff was pleasant and the food was delicious! Everyone is still raving about the prime rib carving station! Was a little worried about the amount of food... But there was PLENTY! Bar tenders were on point and no wait to get a drink which was awesome! Karen put such detail in setting up my candles as centerpieces, as well as all my decorations! Beautiful EVERYTHING!! Would HIGHLY recommend Bloomingdale Golf Course for your reception! My husband and I could not have asked for a better experience on such an important day!

I LOVED having my wedding reception here! First and foremost, Karen is awesome to work with! She's so sweet and is on top of everything. She answers any questions you have through email right away and she always calmed my nerves. The wedding reception itself was wonderful--we had sooo many comments from our guests on how good the food was, everything was set up beautifully, the staff was so friendly and on top of everything, and there were golf carts waiting to take us on the course for pictures upon arrival. We are truly so happy to have had the reception there and highly recommend it! :)

Courtney · Married on 09/05/2015

Karen was amazing and really made our day special. She was on top of everything the day of the wedding and kept us on schedule. I left everything up to her to set everything up with my decorations and it turned out so beautifully. I am so happy we picked them as our venue. Our guest are still talking about how good the food was.