Blissfully Simple Events Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

• Grace
    Grace C. Married on 08/27/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Day of Directing - PERFECT for all weddings!

We did the Day of Directing package as I still wanted to do the majority of the planning myself and it was the BEST investment of our wedding hands down. Crista and her team were wonderful day of especially, and she was also available for any questions I had about vendors/etc in the year leading up. I was living in Indy when planning my wedding as I was finishing up my last year of physical therapy school and Crista was very flexible with both in-person and virtual meetings to solidify details. On the wedding day if there were any issues I had no idea about it because they were handled by the Blissfully Simple team - exactly what you need on your wedding day. 100% recommend! Thank you for making our wedding day perfect
    Evan H. Married on 07/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The Blissfully Simple team is AMAZING!

Crista and her team truly helped us coordinate, plan and execute our perfect wedding! The Blissful method is truly wonderful and perfect for a couple looking to plan!
    Kylee M. Married on 05/07/2022

Everything was perfect!

Kristina was extremely helpful and did everything to make it a perfect day. Could not have ask for better planning.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Jessica S. Married on 03/19/2022

Krista is very helpful!

Krista made me feel calm during a stressful time. Her planning phone calls really made me feel more at peace since I’m not a very organized person. I was so appreciate of that! I didn’t feel panicked on my wedding day which was great.
    Amanda Married on 10/23/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Crista and her team will make your day!

I got the day of planning package, but you really get so much more. Crista helped me every step of the way to brain storm ideas, help follow up with unresponsive vendors, and it was a life saver having her team to help set up the reception space as it was across town from the ceremony. The planning and event went so smoothly because of Blissfully Simple Events. You will NOT regret using them!
    Caitlin K. Married on 06/05/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing!! Must have planners!!

They made everything soo easy and effortless!! Wedding planning can be fun and easy! Definitely do not hesitate to give them a call; they made everything sooo stress free!! Wonderful people!!! They'll help you turn your ideas and dreams into a gorgeous wedding!
    Denise L. Married on 05/08/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding planner!!!

I had never considered using a wedding planner and then the site for Blissfully Simple Events appeared one day when I was doing a search for venues and it was the greatest thing that could have happened. Crista was amazing from the first introductory call until the end of the wedding evening! Her experience and organization made for an absolutely perfect wedding! My daughter and son-in-law enjoyed every call with her and they always felt like Crista had everything under control. She promptly responds to emails/texts/calls and is not afraid to lay out the pros and cons. We used multiple vendors that she recommended and they all worked together as a well coordinated team. On the day of the wedding she brought multiple helpers and they were all “behind the scenes” making the event absolutely perfect. Crista and her team were a true blessing and I can’t imagine trying to plan a wedding without them!
    Emily L. Married on 05/08/2021

Best Decision Ever!

Crista and her team were everything we needed and SO MUCH MORE! During wedding planning season, my husband and I were both in our final year of pharmacy school which meant that our schedules were crazy. We usually could only schedule meetings in the evenings and we would often message Crista questions before sunrise or after sunset. That being said, Crista ALWAYS responded as soon as she could and never once complained about the evening meetings. Speaking of meetings, Crista came prepared every time and always took time to check in on our personal lives to get to know us better. By the time the wedding came around, it felt like we had known Crista for years even though we only had a 9-month engagement. Early on we told Crista that one of our biggest goals for the wedding was to ensure that our parents felt like they could be guests at the event instead of the hosts. Crista and her team met that goal 100%. I actually got to spend the ENTIRE morning with my mother and mother-in-law (which I hear is not normal) because Crista had everything else handled. Throughout the day it felt as though Crista and her team were reading our minds. As soon as we turned to look for her to ask a question or if we needed something, she or one of her team members was there! We also loved every single vendor that Crista recommended to us. She had wonderful connections and this greatly streamlined the planning process. Working with Crista brought so much laughter, peace, and joy into our lives and we still say that hiring her has been one of the best decisions we ever made.
    Heidi W. Married on 11/07/2020

Incredible Experience!

Crista and Collin were absolutely fantastic! Having a wedding planning team is a must and getting married at the Legacy Barn is a no brainer! The entire experience was amazing because of their flexibility and attentiveness to details! Crista has such a bright personality yet calming when you need it most. There was a pop up storm that hit right at the moment we were to be married outside. Crista and her team handled it with the utmost professionalism. She kept telling me to be calm it would blow over and that I would get to have our wedding outside as planned :) Only a 30 minute delay and we were on our way to the most beautiful ceremony! Thanks Crista for all your hard work! It was so much appreciated!

Blissfully Simple Events's reply:

Thank you Heidi! You and Josh were a dream to work with. I am so happy you are happy. Keep in touch!
  • Sarah
    Sarah G. Married on 10/10/2020

Emili was Wonderful!

Emili was absolutely amazing to work with! She made sure everything on our day went on without a glitch. She was extremely thorough during our planning meetings and made sure we thought about things that we didn't even realize were a thing lol. She was able to take what we had envisioned for the day and make it a reality allowing us to truly enjoy the day. Anyone working with her is in great hands! We are so happy to have had her as our coordinator!
    Ashley L. Married on 10/10/2020

Our Wedding

Crista and her staff made our day more than special. It was spectacular and I had no worries that everything would go beautifully. She helped me from the beginning all way til the end making sure everything went smoothly. I even accidentally forgot my bouquet as I was about to walk down the isle and her staff even ran back at the last moment to save the day. We couldn’t have asked for more. If anyone is looking for an event planner to make their day carefree and magical all at the same look no further!! Crista is the real deal!

Blissfully Simple Events's reply:

It was pure joy working with you and your family. Thank you for the kind words - it helps hen the Bride and Groom are fabulous people 😋. Congrats!
  • Avree
    Avree B. Married on 09/26/2020

Perfection!

Crista and her team are an absolute MUST for all future brides! I can’t say enough wonderful things about them. Crista was the easiest person to work with and she paid attention to every single detail, leaving me at 100% ease on my wedding day. I truly felt like a guest at my own wedding. Her itinerary ran on schedule down to the minute and took all of the stressful parts of the planning process and took care of them. I said over and over again that I had no idea what people did without someone like her helping them along the way. My husband and I couldn’t have had a more perfect day and Blissfully Simple Events made it happen!

Blissfully Simple Events's reply:

I love you too! I had so much fun working with you and you wonderful family. I’m blessed to do what I do so I can work and be with incredible people like you. Please keep in touch! ❤️
    Heidi W. Married on 07/11/2020

Amazing Wedding Planning Team

Crista was absolutely fantastic! Having a wedding planning team is a must!! The entire experience was amazing because of their flexibility and attentiveness to details! Crista has such a bright personality yet calming when you need it most. There was a pop up storm that hit right at the moment we were to be married outside. Crista and her team handled it with the utmost professionalism. She kept telling me to be calm it would blow over and that I would get to have our wedding outside as planned :) Only a 30 minute delay and we were on our way to the most beautiful ceremony! Thanks Crista and Blissfully Simple Events for all your hard work! It was so much appreciated!
    Tallia Married on 06/06/2020

Day of Coordination

I got married at the Legacy Barn where a day of coordinator is a part of the package. I was excited about having the extra help, but I had no idea how much of a blessing it would be. I truly was only the bride at my wedding, and my family were able to just be guests. We had to worry about nothing! There services took so much of the stress off and our day was absolutely perfect! I worked with both Crista and Emili through the process of booking, planning, rescheduling due to Covid-19, and the day of; both were an absolute joy! Emili and her team were so sweet and helpful the day of! I absolutely recommend their services!!

Blissfully Simple Events's reply:

You were a delight to work with and we are SO GLAD you finally got your perfect day! I’m so happy that you are happy! Here’s to a blissful marriage!
    Amanda M. Married on 02/09/2020

Crista is Amazing!!

Crista and her team are the best! They answered all of our questions, and put the stress out of me in the weeks leading up to the wedding. She really has everything planned out to help you, and reassured us that everything would be taken care of. We ended up with the most perfect day, and everything ran so smoothly. I highly recommend them!
  • Donna
    Donna C. Married on 10/06/2019

Enjoy the moment

I thought a wedding planner was an unnecessary expense but, soon learned, it was worth every cent! Having Crista and her team gave me the opportunity to simply be mother-of-the bride. It took the pressure off of me and I was able to simply enjoy this precious day in the life of my daughter. Highly recommended!

Blissfully Simple Events's reply:

Thank you so much! I loved working with your entire family and I look forward to watching Katharine & Ryne's adventures on Facebook :0)
    Elizabeth S. Married on 06/16/2019

Amazing Service!

Very professional while personal! They we're very accommodating even at the last minute changes... They made my wedding dreams come true!
  • User2042168 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I have worked with Crista and the staff of Blissfully Simple Events several times and I can tell you that they are some of the BEST in the business! Professional, caring, respectful, so easy to deal with, accommodating and the list goes on! It will be one of the best decisions you make in planning your event!

Blissfully Simple Events's reply:

Thank you Joel! We LOVE working with you :0)
    Diana Married on 11/29/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Blissfully Simple Events had their hands full with me. I am a high anxiety worry about everything bride. I wanted to have someone who could hold my hand and guide me through everything and Crista did a beautiful job. She made sure people were where they needed to be, when they needed to be. Cleaned up areas and closed them off without causing a distraction. I highly recommend Crista and Blissfully Simple Events for any event. If she can handle me and make my day to where I didn't worry in the end but enjoyed every second she can handle anything. If you are a new bride or renewing your vows I recommend hiring Crista to handle things.
    Stefanie Married on 07/27/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Crista and her team were fabulous to work with leading up to the wedding day, during the celebration and following up afterwards! We were the photographers and they made the wedding day run smoothly for us, the couple and all of the guests! We would highly recommend hiring them!

Blissfully Simple Events's reply:

Thank you! We LOVED working with you. You guys are fabulous :0)
  • Erin
    Erin H. Married on 04/09/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We love working with Crista!! (TLDR: Hire her!!!)

I have been a professional photographer for over 20 years and when I first worked a wedding with Crista, her professionalism stuck out far above her competition. She's so friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, efficient, and she wants you to have the perfect day that YOU have dreamed about! She takes care of her clients like they are her best friends and she has a passion for this industry that is unmatched. If you are looking for a really awesome wedding planner, she's the one!
    Lexi Married on 06/23/2012
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    When my husband and I were starting to plan our wedding, we realized that we were going to need some help on the day-of. We were having our reception at my parents house, and we needed an extra pair of hands that the usual "clean up" staff does. I am a very independent person, and while I wanted the help, it was difficult for me to think of someone doing the planning for me. My mom, one of my bridesmaids, and I went to the bridal show the January before my wedding, and there we met Crista. Our wedding became much easier with just one person. The moment we met Crista, we knew we liked her, but I was still struggling with whether having a planner was necessary or not. The next week or two, my mom and I kept discussing the idea, and we just couldn't forget Crista's contagious personality. We decided to call her, and set up a consultation. Crista met with us, and discussed the different options. One of the first things she asked us was, "What do you want people to say when they leave the party?" This was something that we hadn't thought about before, and really put it into perspective for us. She was hired! She helped us to figure out exactly what we needed her for. Since I wanted to do a lot myself, she worked it out so that we hired her for only what we needed her for. She checked with all of our vendors, and helped to make sure that everything was smooth sailing the whole way. She helped run our rehearsal, and had her whole crew available for the wedding day. Crista and her assistant were at the church for the ceremony, while her crew was at the reception site lighting candles, helping our flower lady, and putting the final touches on everything.
    I couldn't have been more pleased with our decision to go with Crista, and Tharp events. Crista's personality, organization, and professionalism really helped to make our day exactly like I had always pictured it. I would recommend Crista to any and all brides!
    Jennifer K. Married on 06/27/2020
    4.8 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating

Blissfully Simple

We had the best experience with Crista at Blissfully Simple!! With all the unknowns of planning a wedding during a pandemic, Crista was always calm and upbeat which kept the bride (my daughter) calm. She was also flexible and practical with all the corona guidelines that our guests felt safe. Pandemic or not I highly recommend Blissfully Simple!
  • W
      1.0 out of 5 rating
      2.0 out of 5 rating
      1.0 out of 5 rating

Felt Let Down

She seemed to not have her heart in it and the bride was having to work on her own wedding day. At the end of the day, there were just so many things that were not organized/communicated/excuses were made and that only made it stressful. If she was only paid to do the day of, she should have at least been doing everything in her power to make sure it went the best that it could. She did not coordinate the schedule with the DJ and did not place the materials as planned. Not impressed and she was paid so much for so little effort.

Blissfully Simple Events's reply:

Thank you for your input. I’m sorry you feel our services were not up to your expectations. Everything was coordinated to perfection and the wedding went beautifully and seamlessly. We try to help the best we can when there are sensitive family issues, but at the end of the day, we can only control what are responsibilities are. Again, I’m sorry your family may have had miscommunication with what was being provided. We always go above and beyond to exceed expectations. Blessings to the couple!
illustration stars