BLENHEIM HILL FARM Reviews

20 Reviews for BLENHEIM HILL FARM

20 BLENHEIM HILL FARM Reviews

Sonya · Married on 10/07/2018

Picturesque, Perfect Dance Party

My husband and I lucked out with our early October wedding. The forecast said rain, but after a few morning showers, the skies cleared up, the leaves started falling, and we arrived at Blenheim Hill Farm to have our dream wedding. Our guests didn't stop dancing, they raved about the food, and although we were warned it would be a blur, the bride and groom actually enjoyed themselves.
    From the moment we visited the farm, we knew we wanted to get married there. Even when we were running an hour late with no phone service for our initial tour, the staff was beyond accommodating. They made us coffee for our car ride back home, let us feed the horses, and gave us a bag of greens from their greenhouse. From beginning to end, we felt we worked with top hospitality professionals. Any questions we had along the way were responded to quickly. On the actual wedding day, we ran into an issue with our shuttle company. Instead of letting us deal with it, the staff took it into their own hands and everything worked out. The owners of the farm were even present on our wedding day to make sure everything went according to plan. We felt that was an impressive sign of courtesy. Throughout the wedding night, I don't remember having to ask for anything. Whatever I needed, the staff made sure it was already there for me.
    The team at Blenheim really goes above and beyond to work with you and make sure you feel like you are getting what you want for your wedding day. Certain things were customized for us. A few of the other wedding venues we looked at seemed to nickel and dime their prospective clients. At Blenheim, we felt that even if we got the bare minimum, we wouldn't have to sacrifice any aspects of our dream wedding (like a toast... who wants to pay extra to have a toast?!)
    I wish we could go back and relive our wedding day. And if we could, we would definitely want to work with the same people and have our wedding at the same place. It was perfect.

Drew · Married on 08/26/2018

From our very first communications to the unbelievable support leading up to and and on the big day, the team at Blenheim Hill Farm went above and beyond to make our wedding experience a complete dream.

The owners and staff are unbelievably kind, patient and accommodating and the venue is nothing short of breathtaking. We are in awe of how perfect the rehearsal dinner and wedding were and have received rave reviews from all of our guests about the beautiful venue, the food and the unbelievable people they have working the events. If you are looking for stunning views, amazing service, adorable farm animals and delicious food...BOOK IT!!

BLENHEIM HILL FARM 1

Billy · Married on 08/18/2018

Our marriage experience with Blenheim Hill Farm, from interviewing locally to visiting to planning to ultimately celebrating, was one of the most seamless, fun, and masterful party planning experiences I have ever been witness to! The team - Morton, Min, Carol and Fredrik - were stellar hosts, who we are proud to say helped to make our wedding one that will forever be with us, and therefore they will too :-)

Kamiu · Married on 05/19/2018

Min and Morten are absolutely incredible and take so much time and care in ensuring the perfect food, service and venue at Blenheim Hill Farm. They are extremely professional (they run a restaurant in West Village, Manhattan, as well as a catering company) while really caring about you + your wedding. Throughout the process, we never felt as though we were just another couple cycling through their venue ( we did feel that way visiting some other venues!), there was real care taken by Min, Morten, and the rest of the Blenheim team.

Worth noting, that ALOT is included in the fees — venue location, tents, rentals, and you don’t need to shop separately for caterer and baker, which really cuts down the number of vendors you need to manage. I would recommend getting a separate day-of coordinator, we didn’t get one but I think we would have benefited from one.

The staff - Fredrick and Carol - and their team were INCREDIBLE the day of, they know what they are doing and ensured things ran smoothly and that we actually ate/drank during our own wedding :) We heard from so many of our guests raving about the food and service — we are so glad we picked Blenheim Hill Farm as our venue!

- Kamiu & Rob

BLENHEIM HILL FARM 9
    BLENHEIM HILL FARM 10
    BLENHEIM HILL FARM 11

Melissa · Married on 10/21/2017

1 of the main reasons we chose this location when we 1st visited was the convenience of having ALL the amenities you would need for a wedding venue in 1 location. To top it off, meeting w/Morten & Min brought us such a sense of ease, comfort & familiarity that we absolutely knew we needed to have our wedding here. Then, we met Carol & we were locked & sealed from the moment we sat down w/her. Working w/Carol was not only easy, but it made planning a wedding enjoyable. Her flexibility, responsiveness & professionalism were beyond words. We cannot thank her enough, she was incredible to work with & extremely knowledgeable. Our vision was to have a simple farm/barn wedding w/the beautiful Upstate NY outdoors as our bkdrp & we got more than we could have ever dreamed of! Not only was the farm stunning but the Farm House was gorgeous/picturesque & our Ceremony site was held by the lake & made the commencement of our night absolutely perfect! The cocktail HR was laid out perfectly & helped to accommodate our lawn games, agenda sign & our outdoor b&w movie projected against the beautiful red barn. The reception was Over the top & the barn itself contained so much character, there was min. additional decorations needed:A-m-a-z-i-n-g! In regards to food/beverage; we got more than we ever could have expected/dreamed of. Time has passed & our guests continue to RAVE about the food. We have guests that are trying to make their own Hot Toddys & Mulled Wines at home to recreate the ones served at the wedding because they loved them so much. For cocktail HR we had requested a custom order of mini sliders & grilled cheese w/tomato soup & not only were they delicious, but the presentation was phenomenal. This was Not your average wedding food,it was exactly what we adore & love about upstate NY cuisine, Farm-2-Table freshness w/a twist. But the night would not have been so flawless w/o the entire staff, everyone was the epitome of amazing service & I cant thank all of them enough.

BLENHEIM HILL FARM 12
    BLENHEIM HILL FARM 13
    BLENHEIM HILL FARM 14
    BLENHEIM HILL FARM 15

Marianna · Married on 09/17/2017

Blenheim Hill Farm was a magical place for our wedding! It was truly like a fairytale between the pond setting for the ceremony, the space for the cocktail hour, the 19th century renovated barn with fairy lights, bonfires and s'mores, sparklers outside in the dark of the night, stars given the secluded setting, the cottage to prepare and sleep overnight on-site with our family, and generally just a beautiful idyllic and bucolic setting among the forest and animals. It was a dream to have our wedding there.

Morton and Min, the owners, were incredibly helpful and warm when showing us the venue, were there for the tasting in the city where we got to choose our own cocktails, and then again on the wedding day to make sure everything went smoothly! Their staff, including Carol and Fredrik, were great to work with - responsive, helpful, and also helped with on-the-day coordination so we did not need to have a separate wedding planner or day-of coordinator. The food is absolutely FANTASTIC - everyone of our friends commented on how delicious all the food was - most of it sourced from the farm itself - not many weddings have memorable food, but this most definitely did! And the general atmosphere with the lights, stylish yet rustic barn for dancing, no noise restrictions allowing us to dance into the night, all made for an incredible and unique experience.

Couldn't have been more beautiful, memorable and happy with the choice of venue, worth every penny :)
    Andy + Marianna

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 09/16/2017

Other reviews talk about the magic present at Blenheim and I am here to echo those sentiments. Picking Blenheim as our venue was the best choice we made for our wedding. Carol was marvelous in getting everything together in the build up and the staff present during the weekend, lead by Fredrik, were fabulous. Every detail was beautiful and the entire day felt like something out of a dream. We had our rehearsal dinner on property and would highly recommend that as there aren't a lot of restaurant options in the area. (No noise restrictions!) We rented out the farmhouse for us and our wedding party and it really encouraged fun and bonding. There were so many intimate and lovely details inside and it was great to not have to travel. My bridal party and I got ready in the living room and it made for some great photos. I cannot say enough good things about the barn where we had the reception. It's gorgeous. The food was delicious - no boring wedding food here! The meal was elegant, inviting, and delicious. We utilized the bonfires and s'mores station though I was too busy dancing to use it myself! I looked around at one point to drink everything in because I could not believe my wedding was so beautiful and perfect. I'm still getting compliments from the guests.

Pick Blenheim for your wedding. It's magical. You will not regret it.

• I

Ian · Married on 08/19/2017

We had our wedding at Blenheim Hill this past August and are so glad we did. The venue and surrounding area is gorgeous. The farm itself is both rustic and elegant and it is clear that careful thought is put into every detail. From the moment we stepped foot into the farm house on our first visit, we knew we were at a special place. Morton and Min made us feel incredibly welcome and knew the ins and outs of what it takes to throw an awesome wedding. The planning staff was supportive throughout the whole planning process and were a pleasure to work with. On the day of our wedding, the entire staff was super friendly and positive- enough so that our guests even commented on it. There are so many positive things to say and we haven't even mentioned the food yet! It was SO delicious. So were the cocktails, which had farm fresh ingredients. Morton and Min worked hard to ensure that the details that we specifically wanted were all accommodated and we were able to make this truly our own wedding and nothing about it felt cookie-cutter. We wish we could have another wedding just to be able to spend time on the farm again!! Such a magical weekend.

Kelly · Married on 07/15/2017

We had the most wonderful experience working with the Blenheim staff; The event manager, Carol Meza, was very helpful and available to ease any concerns throughout the planning process. Further, the entire staff went above and beyond to help make our dream wedding run flawlessly. When the day came, the barn and property looked breathtaking. Our guests can not stop raving about how beautiful everything looked, how amazing the food was and how much of a genuinely great time they had. The staff was so professional and friendly and made sure our day was exactly what we wanted and so special, down to every flower placed in our signature drinks. Would HIGHLY recommend Blenheim to any couple looking for a place to celebrate their special day!

Shoba · Married on 06/17/2017

Our wedding was in June 2017 and it was absolute perfection at Blenheim Hill Farm! We had a dual ceremony so from the very beginning stages of planning we were looking for a venue that was accommodating and flexible to our needs. Our first meeting with Min and Morten was so delightful we knew they were the people we wanted to work with. The planning was seamless and we were able to correspond and be responded to promptly by the event coordinator who did a great job keeping all our wedding specifics organized and helping us stay organized and on top of things. We had many visits to the farm prior to our wedding with our families and we were always accommodated and met with enthusiasm and flexibility for all the things we envisioned for our big day. On the weekend of our wedding, the staff and owners were very visible and extremely helpful. They tended to our every need and even went beyond what we had expected. This really is a special place with special people working there. Months after our wedding we kept being thanked by our guests for a great wedding experience. The food served was the biggest hit and all our families and friends loved the venue and being able to see an interact with the animals. Blenheim is a very special venue to have your wedding, and we if could get married twice, we would choose it all over again!

Kathyrn · Married on 06/03/2017

Our experience with Blenheim Hill Farm was top notch from start to finish. The team made our wedding perfect and unforgettable for us and our guests.

Gaeleen · Married on 09/10/2016

We couldn't have dreamed of a better place and a better team for our wedding. I do events myself and was reluctant to give all responsibilities to just one company, however after getting to know their level of commitment and quality we went for it and it was the best decision because they actually do care. I didn't have to worry about a thing, anything we needed they helped provide and were very accommodating. The food was spectacular, the place beautiful and the staff was excellent. After the wedding was done we even received a video they produced themselves as a gift. Honestly, I would love to do another party there and I think I probably will.

BLENHEIM HILL FARM 16
    BLENHEIM HILL FARM 17
    BLENHEIM HILL FARM 18
    BLENHEIM HILL FARM 19
    BLENHEIM HILL FARM 20
    BLENHEIM HILL FARM 21
    BLENHEIM HILL FARM 22

We had our wedding celebration dinner at Blenheim Hill in May. It was amazing! The management, Carol and Dimi were great in every way, they helped us full-heartedly in our preparations and menu and drink selection. They prepared a special menu for us, also for our vegetarian guests, and their selection of drinks worked perfectly.
    Our guests, a group of 30, were delighted with what they had that night. A New Yorker guest told us that he had not have eaten duck that good in New York for 30 years!
    The dinner, the service - their staff were incredibly cheerful, and the ambience - everything was perfect from its design to its location - and we talked about how good our dinner was, for days!
    Ours was a destination wedding so we did not have the chance to see the venue beforehand, so it was a risk that we took. We are so glad that we made the right choice. It was amazing!
    Blenheim Hill, West Village is the best place in New York for either lunch, dinner or a special event such as ours.
    I can recommend to anyone who wants value for their money and taste.
    For us, having our wedding celebration dinner at Blenheim Hill was the best choice ever, and Blenheim is going to be a spot that we would visit on a regular basis when we move to NY next year!
    We simply love that place!

Caroline · Married on 03/05/2016

I had my wedding at Blenheim Hill Farm this past fall, on August 22nd. It was a dream wedding. It is a stunning farm with animals, including sheep, pigs and horses on the pasture. I had my ceremony on the lake, which was briefly interrupted by guniea hens who are very loud. I did not mind, its a farm after-all.

Aside from the rustic beauty of this place, I really liked that nearly everything is included in the price so I felt I could arrange the wedding without a planner (with lots of help from my sister). They took care of everything, put me in touch with lodging and bus service (parking is limited so I recommend bus shuttle from the b&b and hotels). Even flower was included, I only had to worry about dj and photographer.

The food is the main reason I chose Blenheim (and how I learned about their farm), they harvested our salads just before dinner, and roasted pork in a giant smoker (warning, not for the faint of heart, because you see cute pigs there). Blenheim has a restaurant in New York City, which is now Michelin rated. It was not yet michelin rated when we were there but the food was fantastic—simple but elegant and very creative.

The food at the wedding (at the farm) was different than at their restaurant, but just as delicious, and as elegant. The people at the farm were so calm and wonderful, when i was a bit stressed. There was always someone there for us, not just at the wedding day, but the months leading up to it.

Courtney · Married on 11/06/2015

We had our wedding at Blenheim this past August and our family and friends are still talking about it. The farm itself is spectacular, but even more amazing is the staff, Carol our event coordinator, and Morten and Min, the owners. They all treated my husband and I like family and went above and beyond to ensure everything was seamless the day of our wedding, even extending the bar inside the barn to accommodate for the amount of guests! The barn is rustic and thoughtfully designed with amazing lighting, wooden hand-made tables and some incredible modern touches like the stunning chandelier Morten designed. It's warm, welcoming and the newly renovated bathrooms are GORGEOUS. You cannot go wrong with the food here either, top notch. Definitely get the short rib! The farm is remote, but that's what makes it so different and beautiful, truly an escape from every day city life. Our closest family and friends stayed with us right in the vintage farmhouse on site allowing us to spend quality time together the whole weekend, we had our rehearsal and day-after brunch there as well. I can't say enough about Blenheim and the superior service we received, it truly was the best day ever.

Jessica · Married on 07/29/2017

I would recommend Blenheim in a heartbeat to anyone looking to get married. The staff was amazing - especially the day of staff who where flexible, friendly and just lovely people to work with. The owners even checked in with us multiple times to make sure everything was just right (they clearly take pleasure and pride in their work). The farm was beautiful, well looked after and an ideal setting for those who want to get married in the outdoors. It was a very intimate experience, even though we had 140 guests (and the pictures around the farm turned our AMAZING!). Numerous guests raved about their experience, especially the food. And, everything day of fell into place stress free. The staff took care of every last detail, helping set up decorations that we brought and curating our vision. My husband and I didn't have to worry about anything day of and were just able to enjoy it all -- which really is what it is all about. I honestly could not have asked for a better experience. It exceeded my expectations on every level.

If you do get married at Blenheim I would highly recommend staying onsite at their farmhouse. It was so nice to have the whole weekend on the farm with our family and wedding party. It also made getting ready day of so easy. I also highly recommend the bonfire and s'mores. So much fun!

My only word of caution is that there are not too many hotel options right in the vicinity. This was not a deal breaker for us, but you definitely want to be aware of it. Our guests ended up staying at a variety of small bed and breakfasts right near by, and we provided a couple of shuttles that made various stops. Otherwise the closest larger hotel is about 40 minutes away.

Jennifer · Married on 10/01/2016

My husband and I really have nothing but good things to say about our experience. We're from Brooklyn and knew we wanted an outdoor wedding in upstate New York. It was everything we wanted it to be and more. The food, AMAZING. The farm, GORGEOUS. The staff, TOP NOTCH. We knew this was the right place for our big day from our very first meeting at Blenheim Hill restaurant in the West Village. Morton and Min, the proprietors, genuinely cared about making our wedding special and took the time to not only explain their offerings, but also to get to know us as a couple and what we wanted for our ceremony and reception. A week later we drove up to Jefferson to see the farm and they graciously spent over an hour walking us around, allowing us to feed the animals, sample lettuces from their hydroponic greenhouse and telling us all about the history of the property. Additionally, they were able to paint a clear picture of what our ceremony and reception would look like. At the end of the tour we knew it was the right place for us and they even sent us home with fresh eggs from the chicken coop.

The planning phase went smoothly. Most everything was included so we were relieved that we didn't need to hire a planner. We arranged the vendors (photographer, flowers, DJ, shuttle service) ourselves and corresponded with the event manager, Carol via email and phone to arrange all the details, which worked out very well. They were also very accommodating of our need to provide vegetarian/vegan options for some of our guests. We loved staying in the onsite farmhouse with our close family. There was plenty of space for everyone,

Everything was beautiful from the gorgeous lighting to the incredible food. The staff were all very friendly and attentive and seemed to be having just as much fun as we were. I highly recommend the Sunday brunch option. It was the perfect way to end our wedding weekend and the spread was unbelievable. Our guests were raving about the brunch!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/09/2017

We had our wedding at Blenheim Hill Farm in September 2017. Dealing with Min and Morten was easy leading up to the wedding, and they were great the weekend of the wedding. The on-site staff, especially the bartenders, were also great. The property is gorgeous, and the barn is beautiful and rustic with nice modern touches. We spent the weekend at the farm house, which we would definitely recommend. The farm house is beautiful and well-equipped. My husband even caught a couple of fish in the pond the day after! As for the reception, it went smoothly and was a lot of fun. And many of our guests told us it was the best wedding food they'd ever had. Overall, we couldn't have been happier, and would definitely recommend Blenheim Hill to anyone!

Erika · Married on 08/05/2017

Blenheim was very flexible during the planning process and helped us make all of our unique ideas a reality. The farm was the perfect setting for our wedding and we received a lot of positive feedback from our guests regarding how great everything really was. The food is top notch and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We are 100% confident that we chose the perfect venue for our wedding and would recommend Blenheim to anyone else trying to find a great venue!