BLACK TIE DJs Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

1 User photo

BLACK TIE DJs 1

Allyson Haskell · Married on 04/27/2019

We could not have asked for a better DJ

Brian was AMAZING at our wedding. We could not have asked for a better DJ. He was so kind from the first phone call and so much fun at our reception. He made us the most stress-free perfect time-line. All we had to do was show up and he took it from there.
    He made sure every part of our reception ran smoothly and transitioned perfectly.

The music he played was wonderful and we are still receiving compliments from our guests on how great Brian was. He respected our "do not play" list and played all of our requests as well. I honestly cannot say enough great things.

His music was clear and loud, but not too loud. He was very professional and very upbeat. Always made sure our guests were involved and on the dance floor-and we don't ever dance!

When booking we spoke with Betty and she was always quick to reply and made everything very easy with booking and payments. This was such a positive experience from the first point of contact.

Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 04/14/2019

Wonderful experience!

We had DJ Craig do our wedding on Sunday April 14th. His attentiveness, flexibility and attitude were beyond what we could have asked for. We asked to extend for another hour and he did so no questions asked. I was so worried about people not dancing at my wedding but he definitely had people up and dancing all night, even on a Sunday!

I would 100% recommend black tie!

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 04/13/2019

Awesome! DJ Chuck was great!

We had an awesome experience working with Black Tie DJs. The planning/organizing portion was easy to manage mostly by email or phone. I loved that Chuck was happy to have as many song suggestions as we wanted because we had accumulated quite a list! And the day of, he was right on time and everything was perfect! Even when we suddenly needed him to do the ceremony music as well, he let us have exactly what we wanted and played everything flawlessly.

Sent on 04/25/2019

Suzanne · Married on 04/06/2019

Made our wedding!

Craig did a fantastic job as our DJ for our wedding! He set up so that he could play two songs during the ceremony, played great suggested music that fit the cocktail and dinner time, and then got everyone moving for dancing! Betty was responsive with every email and question.

Sent on 04/29/2019

Presley South · Married on 02/09/2019

Absolutely amazing

Jim was the most impeccable DJ to have with my crazy bunch! He made sure everything went perfect beyond measure! Highly recommend his services, he played a major part in our wedding day! Can’t thank him enough!

Sent on 02/28/2019
  • Austi

Austi Garrison · Married on 02/02/2019

Couldn't have asked for more

Craig was an awesome DJ, played all the metal we asked for and more! Received many thanks for playing great music and having special song request available throughout the night. Our guest enjoyed every moment!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2018

So much fun

Craig was the absolute best! The dance floor was full for our entire reception. We could not have asked for better service.

Sent on 11/16/2018
  • Kalli

Kalli · Married on 11/03/2018

DJ Brian for the win!

We thoroughly enjoyed having DJ Brian as our wedding DJ! Black Tie DJs currently has a paper form to complete before the DJ will contact you. We made several song selections and then turned in our forms. Brian called us right away to discuss the day and provided a seamless timeline. He was very fast with communication and right on point with his song selections. We had people on the dance floor the ENTIRE night...no lie. Brian was amazing and provided a great service for our ceremony and reception. We had so many guests ask us how we managed to pick out so many great songs. We had to give the credit to Brian for keeping them entertained all night! I would definitely suggest Black Tie DJs for your wedding/event and make sure you ask for Brian!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Katie · Married on 10/14/2018

A great DJ!

We used Black Tie DJs for our destination wedding on Anna Maria Island. They were extremely professional, responsive and more than accommodating for any and all of my requests.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Joyce Mccaffrey · Married on 10/06/2018

great service

great service made everyone happy

Sent on 10/19/2018

Crystal · Married on 10/05/2018

Dj Services

Craig was my dj for my big day! He’s was amazing, played all the songs we asked and was very flexible with us starting late! I would 100% recommend this company to anyone

Sent on 10/16/2018

BLACK TIE DJs's reply:

Hi Crystal. Thank you so much for your great (and quick) review!!
    It was our pleasure to be involved in your special day. Betty: Black Tie DJs

Kiki · Married on 09/01/2018

Great Experience

Very professional and always wanting to make sure your happy with their service. I would recommend to anyone, very reasonable priced as well. Thank you for making our celebration great!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Susan · Married on 07/21/2018

I would highly recommend Black Tie! Friendly, professional, perfect timing. I was very impressed. Made the day so special and personal! The wedding was perfect! Thank you!
    Susan Royal

Sent on 07/30/2018
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 07/07/2018

Craig did a wonderful job playing a variety of music, reading the crowd, and getting people out on the dance floor!

Sent on 08/10/2018

Valerie · Married on 06/30/2018

DJ Craig played all the songs we requested and was fexible in letting my nephew sing after hooking up his phone to the equipment. Craig made great suggestions that made sense due to the rain. He was very professional and we highly recommend him & Black Tie DJ's.

Sent on 08/04/2018

Mike · Married on 05/26/2018

This is the second wedding we had the pleasure of having Craig do our wedding reception. Very professional, responsive, and knows how to get a party started and to keep it going. Great job! Thanks for doing such a great job! Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Caroline · Married on 05/19/2018

Great DJ for our wedding. Played everything we wanted and was flexible during the entire evening.

Sent on 07/04/2018
  • User7511111 · 1+ year ago

Betty was a pleasure to work with throughout the process of setting everything up. She made booking and getting everything prepared for our day a smooth one.
    Ray was just fantastic! Very easy going and attentive to our needs. Our wedding was small but he helped to make our day special. Thank you Black Tie DJ’s!

• F

Frank · Married on 04/28/2018

Brian was a great DJ. He couldn’t have done a better job and made our day so special. I would recommend for any of your DJ needs. Brian was very flexible and made this an enjoyable experience. Thanks Brian!!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Megan · Married on 04/27/2018

Ray was easy to work with. He met all of our needs as far as sticking to our play list. He is fun loving and keeps the wedding flowing! We really enjoyed working with him.

Sent on 05/05/2018

Rebecca · Married on 04/14/2018

The best compliment we received of our wedding reception was that it felt like a John Hughes movie which to me is amazing and I owe so much of that to the soundtrack that will forever play in my mind when I look at the pictures. I had sent Craig a do not play which he devotedly respected (I appreciate!) and paid special attention to notes I left with the ones we really wanted played. We had popular songs, obscure songs - we were all over the spectrum and Craig let it flow seamlessly through the speakers to all our enjoyment. He is very kind and helps keep the bridal party on track too for speeches and pictures and cake (an important part for me - he even led us in the best singing of Happy Birthday to our twin ring bearer and flower girl). We can't say enough good things about Craig and the Black Tie DJs - they were the best choice and I can honestly say I had the best time at my own wedding and boy did I dance.!!!! (After our kiss we came down the ceremony aisle to Modern English's "I Melt With You" and that set the tone for the party to come.

BLACK TIE DJs 2

Benhamin · Married on 04/14/2018

The DJ was super professional and played everything we asked. All I’m all it was a fantastic night with no complaints.

Brittany · Married on 04/14/2018

I went to a friends wedding years ago and remember her DJ was great so I booked the same DJ for my wedding, he works for Black Tie DJs and his name is Brian. I contacted him a few months before about his availability for my wedding and to go over prices. He was very prompt and professional at getting back to me. We was available and we booked! My now husband and I are in our late 20’s but wanted music that was not really top 40. We like 90’s-2000 music and oldies. I had made a list of songs, artists and genres that I wanted to hear, and also a few examples of what we didn’t want to hear. He did have lists of music for us to chose from but I had already made a list before we booked. A few days before the wedding he called and we went over every detail from timeline, to introductions and how to pronounce everyones name. It took about 30 minutes and was very easy. The day of the wedding Brian arrived on time and very nicely dressed. He made it a point to come to me before the ceremony to see if there was anything I needed from him before we started. He had a set up for my ceremony and reception which was all at the same venue. My officiant sounded perfect and and so did the entire day! Everyone had such a fantastic time and I got so many compliments on Brian the DJ. He played exactly the type of music we went over and if people asked for different music, we trusted his discretion on if he would play it or not and I’m telling you he couldn’t have been better! He really took the time to know what we wanted and delivered! I would recommend him for any event!

Sent on 05/11/2018

Devi · Married on 03/24/2018

I'm so glad that I went with Black Tie Dj's for my wedding! Not only were they super reasonable, but DJ Ray was amazing! I literally had a page full of special requests and he did his best to play all of them. He also Rickrolled us when we entered the reception, which everyone thought was hilarious!
    I feel so lucky that we found this amazing DJ. Seriously, book this guy. Best day ever!

Sent on 04/04/2018