Black Thumb Studio Reviews

117 | East Bridgewater, MA

117 Reviews for Black Thumb Studio

Shannon · Married on 07/07/2017

Met Jeff at a wedding expo at Lombardos. His pictures stood out from all of the other photographers there. As soon as we started talking to him and looked at his gallery we knew we needed him to photograph our wedding. Rain and shine he did an unbelievable job. Every one has been asking us about who shot our photos. We will be using Jeff for any future photography session! We would highly recommend Black Thumb Studio.

Sent on 08/14/2017

Tracey · Married on 06/16/2017

We chose Black Thumb Studio because my husband had been a groomsman in another wedding Jeff had shot at. From the very first phone call, we knew we had made the right choice. Jeff asked questions, listened, and wanted to get to know us as a couple to ensure he captured the essence of our relationship. My husband and I are not photographers and wanted to trust that our wedding photographer would capture those crazy moments, be OCD about perspective and lighting, and to be a part of our day not just vendors.
    We are very lucky to say we got to spend some extra time with Jeff when he accompanied us to Utah for a spur of the moment ski trip/engagement photo shoot. Some folks would have taken advantage of this and just skied and partied, not Jeff. I swear he worked the majority of the time! The end result was an engagement session with photos to die for! Not to mention, he's also a really cool guy who loves his wife and daughter and is fun to be around! BONUS!
    On a different level, I asked Jeff to do a boudoir shoot/album for my husband. His professionalism, eye for beauty, and knowing what my husband would love made my album a keepsake for a lifetime. That experience could have been incredibly awkward, but it was fun, quirky, and he really captured my personality and made me feel confident for the shoot! It was such a cool experience and I highly recommend it!
    Fast forward to the actual wedding day - we were comfortable and confident the entire day. From the logistical planning of first look to choosing Wayne Chinnock as the second photographer, we couldn't be happier. We had fun, saw their hard work (climbing stairwells, slaying towels down on the rain soaked ground, getting soaked just to get the perfect shot, etc etc etc) They were the best!I trusted Dave's judgement and I am incredibly glad that he made the suggestion to call Jeff. We not only have stunning memories of our day but we made a lifelong friend in the process! Busaru!!!

Sent on 06/26/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2017

We absolutely loved working with Jeff at Black Thumb Studio for our wedding. After our first meeting with him, we instantly knew we were going to hire him for our wedding even though he was the only photographer we met in person. We were both pretty stressed out over the whole wedding planning process, but Jeff put us at ease during our meeting and we both felt really comfortable with him. We really appreciated that he wanted to do a walk through of the venue before the actual wedding to figure out the best places to do photos. We both felt like this made the wedding run a lot smoother.

The day of the wedding Jeff and Shannon were fantastic. They were friendly, kind, and had everyone comfortable and smiling for all the photos. It was so much fun having them as our photographers. Both Jeff and Shannon are incredibly talented photographers, and Jillian, their assistant, was great too. The photos were stunning and beautiful. We absolutely loved their creativity with photography. We felt like they were able to catch every emotion of the wedding from the touching moments of the ceremony to the happiness and fun everyone had during the reception. Jeff and his team were absolutely the best and we would recommend them to anyone and everyone looking for an outstanding photographer.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Annalisa · Married on 10/08/2016

My husband and I loved working with Jeff from the start for our wedding on October 8, 2016. We were looking for a photographer that matched our personalities and both Jeff and his brother in law matched what we were looking for along with their quality of work. We recommend the engagement shoot as my husband and I got to get to know Jeff and feel comfortable working with him and vise versa. They were a little pricey but you pay for the quality of the work that you want and they will last with you for a lifetime :) plus they also made our families feel comfortable!

Sent on 08/13/2017

Working with Black Thumb studio was an absolute joy.

Sent on 06/25/2016
  • Cheryl

Cheryl · Married on 05/07/2016

Jeff and his team worked with us for our engagement photos, rehearsal dinner, and the entire day of the wedding - from getting ready photos, the first look, ceremony, reception, and after party. My husband and I are both super camera shy, but Jeff put us - and everyone else - completely at ease. I absolutely cannot believe the quality of photos that we received - put it this way; I've managed to narrow it down to only my top 300 favorite photos to get as prints! Jeff is so kind and calm, and has the most brilliant ideas for photos. Our wedding had a subtle theme of books and literature, and Jeff actually bought some old books and had the wedding party toss the pages into the air so he could photograph my husband and I kissing as the pages rained down on us - so original! Once I shared my pictures from the wedding, I had so many people tell me that they were not only gorgeous, they really captured the sentiments of the day. Not only that, but Jeff managed to do all this while remaining unobtrusive and not putting people on the spot - I even had a few people (who were in some of the candid photos!) ask if I had a photographer, because he was so subtle about everything! I've already recommended Jeff to 3 brides I know getting married next year, so scoop him up while you can!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Nick · Married on 11/20/2015

Happy with my experience is an understatement, Black Thumb Studio is amazing. Before the wedding we had 2 meetings. They were fast, effective and painless -- actually, as the groom meeting with Black Thumb was the best part of the planning. I was impressed that first, Jeff took time to figure out who we are as a couple so he could set the right tone in the photos. On the night of the event they arrived early, had all the right gear, dressed very professional AND brought multiple layers of backup equipment.

3 things I think set Jeff and his team apart from other folks I've experienced with other photographers.
    1) They are creative and happy. It was a pleasure working with someone who is clearly a professional and fun.
    2) They were fast. Coordinating people at a wedding is like herding cats. Jeff was able to keep everyone in order and get things done so we could enjoy the night. Their turnaround time for delivering finished photos is ridiculously quick.
    3) Quality. The quality of the photos are INSANE. It's not just the people in the photo, it's the background, lighting and setting. After shopping a LOT of folks who call themselves "high-end" nothing is as high-end as Black Thumb.

Without a doubt, Black Thumb Studio is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. I would highly recommend them to friends and family. I will also use them again at every event.

Sent on 11/24/2015

Black Thumb Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Nick! George and I had such a great time shooting with you and Ellen. We appreciate the time and trust you gave us throughout the process. Thanks for having an awesome wedding!

Katie · Married on 10/17/2015

Hiring Black Thumb Studio to photograph our wedding was one of the best decision we made. In selecting our vendors we typically interviewed two to three companies to find a good fit. After our first meeting with Jeff we decided to hire him right away. At that meeting Jeff took the time to learn about us and what are goals were for capturing our big day. It was evident that he loved his work and wanted to make sure all of our expectations were aligned. On the wedding day Jeff and George were calm, cool, flexible, and had big smiles on their faces. Their positive attitude created a fun, relaxed atmosphere for our bridal party in the midst of a busy day. Their work was exceptional and we have received numerous complements from friends and family about the high quality of their photos. We highly recommend Black Thumb Studio without any reservations and look forward to working with them again!

Sent on 04/25/2016

Jeff and George were amazing photographers! Not only were the photos beautiful, they made the day easy and stress free. Jeff met with me ahead of time to plan out our photo schedule for when and where we will do our portraits and set up a rainy day plan as a backup. They were sensitive to the fact that the day isn't about all about the photos and made sure we enjoyed our wedding and had ample time to spend with friends, family and each other. They're the best and I would recommend them to anyone!

Black Thumb Studio's reply:

Thank you! We always need a "Plan B"! Spending time with your loved ones is what your wedding day is all about.

Jeff and George helped make my wedding perfect. With a husband who doesn’t always like to get his picture taken, to a large hectic family; Black thumb made every photo matter. From the moment I got to sit with Jeff I knew my pictures weren’t going to be you typical stand in a line smile type deal and that’s what sold me. They are truly passionate about their jobs and enjoy taking photos because they are capturing moment’s not counting money. Their relaxed attitudes helped provide an accurate timeline of the best day of my life. At no point did I feel like get the camera away from me; I would say they blended in like family. After that day all I could do was wait for the finally images of that amazing day and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t completely blown away. EVERYONE who has seen my pictures is completely memorized by every smile, laugh and tear that was captured that day. I will forever use Black Thumb for any special memory I would like captured because they really do provide outstanding service and quality.

Black Thumb Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Aubre! Your wedding day was an absolute blast! Please can we do it all over again?!?! We look forward to working with your family in the future!

Emily · Married on 09/04/2015

Black Thumb Studio shot my wedding this past September, and to say I was blown away would be an understatement. Besides capturing phenomenal photos of our special day, Jeff and George worked with both my husband, son, and me to ensure that the day went as smoothly as possible, and the photos represented our unique family perfectly. Jeff's attention to detail and insight, combined with George's unique shooting angles and perspective created photos that I can look back at and relive the moments all over again. The unstoppable duo that is Black Thumb Studio were the most instrumental part in making my wedding day truly special. Their passion for their craft is undeniable and evident from the first consultation. From the moment we met, they made us feel comfortable and relaxed; between Jeff's charismatic personality and George's quiet humor we knew they were the right guys for the job. They understand that creating photos of a wedding goes beyond the basic picture of a couple - it needs to have passion, laughter, energy. You can feel those emotions when looking at the photos from my wedding.If you are searching for a tailor made photography experience then search no longer. I am so beyond happy and grateful to have met and worked with the amazing Black Thumb Studio and look forward to many more years of working with them!

Sent on 04/11/2016

Katherine · Married on 07/18/2015

We hired Jeff to do our wedding in July 2015. He was, in short, phenomenal. He'd done my husband's sister's wedding a few years ago and so we were familiar with him and his work before we hired him, and as soon as we sat down with him to chat about our wedding we knew that he was the right fit for us as well. Not only does he take incredible pictures, but he is a blast to work with, he made us feel super comfortable, and he was fantastic about responding to emails quickly and clearly. Absolutely one of our favorite wedding vendors.

Our pictures are amazing--he got every shot we wanted and quite a few that we would never have even thought of. The way he was able to capture the emotions of the day is awesome. We are so incredibly thrilled with our wedding portfolio and have had several family and friends tell us that our wedding pictures are the best that they've ever seen. If you are thinking about hiring him--do it!!!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Daniel · Married on 07/17/2015

Jeff and George and the rest of the crew at Black Thumb have an amazing perspective. Making memories with these amazing photographers was the best. Amazing quality and service provided as well as on site consults. They are truly amazing artists and will be hiring them again!!

Sent on 04/11/2016

Kimberly · Married on 10/19/2014

My husband and I initially found black thumb studio online and instantly feel in love with the photos! They weren't cheesy, and too posed/fake. We KNEW they needed to be my photographers based on the work alone.

I met with Jeff initially and the passion he has for what he does really does shine through in his work and conversations. He made my mom and I feel so comfortable and worked with us to create a package that fit our budget. He took the time to sit down and get to know me and my husband before our wedding day so he could really capture our personalities :) He also found the most beautiful spot do to our first look, since we didn't want to buy extra time at the venue, and they are our favorite pictures!!

Jeff was always easy to reach and super responsive, and him and George did the most amazinggggg job on our wedding day! We LOVE our pictures, and loved working with this amazing team! My husband and I really could not be more thrilled and we would HIGHLY recommend Black Thumb Studio to anyone and everyone we can!

These guys don't just take photos, they capture memories in the most beautiful way possible. Thank you again Black Thumb Studios!

Sent on 04/01/2015

I am not sure where to begin writing about how much I love Black Thumb.
    Meeting with Jeff for the first time was like meeting an old friend who you hadn’t seen in years, but nothing has changed. Jeff is the nicest guy and has a true passion for his work; I could tell by the way his eyes lit up that he loved his job…I told Jeff my (now) husband hates having his photo taken and is your stereotypical guy. Jeff didn’t seem bothered and assured me he had dealt with this type of guy before. I knew from that moment, Black Thumb was going to be my wedding photographer.
    The month before our wedding, Jeff reached out to me to talk about the details of our wedding. I also surprised Jeff with the size of our wedding party 37, which included 10 kids. He never complained, just asked to send me all their names and a description of each person.
    The morning of our wedding it didn’t just rain, it was torrential downpours!! We walked out of the church and the sky was bright blue, Jeff said we can take photos outside if you want, it will probably be muddy, but let me know if you are up for it. My first thought was NO! I am in a white dress. For any bride that is nervous about getting their dress, wet or dirty on your wedding day, don’t be!! Once my dress was bustled you could barely see the dirtiness of the dress and with the magic of photo editing, it was white.
    Two weeks after our wedding Jeff posted our photos to Facebook and the phone calls about how amazing the photos were just didn't stop. Friends who had gotten married around the same time of us, were jealous of how beautiful our pictures were, and wished they had gone with Black Thumb. Black Thumb captured our entire night the exact way we remembered it.
    We just meant with Jeff last night to do our wedding albums and I still love each and every photo Jeff and George took, they are memories that will last forever. Jeff and George are two of the most talented and genuinely nice people you will ever meet.

Sent on 10/21/2014
  • Frogonlady

Cassandra · Married on 09/27/2014

Thinking about Jeff and his team gives me the warm and fuzzies. I had fallen in love with the work Black Thumb Studio did before I was even engaged. Once I was engaged I kept finding myself going back to their work.

I was beyond excited to meet with Jeff. We instantly hit it off but I doubt anyone ever feels differently. Jeff really cares about his clients. He wants to know who you are and what brought you to where you are in life. It was like catching up with an old friend.

Our engagement shoot was done in Maine in April. Normally the temperatures are still chilly but we ended up with a gorgeous 70 degree day. I tell you this because I am convinced that the good in life follows Jeff and his team.

Four months before our wedding we adopted a rescue dog. We wanted to get a few pictures with her included. Jeff was not only OK with the last minute change but he was excited about adding in our pup. Honestly, there is not much that does not excite the Black Thumb Studio team!

On my wedding day I felt like I gained another bridesmaid. Jeff was by my side each step of the way. Any time I had any worry he had what I needed whether it was a bobby pin or a reassuring smile. My wedding day was amazing! There were several vendors that made the day perfect but Black Thumb Studio was more than a vendor for us that day.

The pictures!! Oh the pictures are amazing! I cannot get enough of them. They bring me right back to the day. Managing families, other vendors, timelines, etc. is no easy task. Black Thumb Studio did it with grace and fun! It is really neat to see our families candidly having fun together. If you want a vendor that is not only professional and talented but also a vendor that you will never stop talking about, reach out to Jeff and his team. They are the best!!

Black Thumb Studio's reply:

Wow!! Thanks so much Cassandra! I think we should give you a couple of pompoms and hire you to be our official cheerleader! You're the best! :-)

Annarita · Married on 09/13/2014

I knew I wanted Black Thumb Studio for my wedding photographer years before I met my now husband!! Jeff photographed a wedding of a friend of a relative and when I saw the pictures I was blown away. His technique is one that is copied by many but never duplicated. When I got engaged he was the first vendor I booked, without even meeting him. When we did finally have our first meeting, my husband and I felt like we had known him for years. Jeff and his team are so much fun to work with. He is extremely professional but has such a way about him that puts you at ease and on your wedding day, that's no easy task! He has such a passion for what he does and it's evident in the pictures he takes. You will not be disappointed if you select Black Thumb Studio as your wedding photographer!

Sent on 04/02/2015

Allison · Married on 07/19/2014

Jeff and George of Black Thumb Studio are AMAZING! We were put at ease right away with Jeff's outgoing personality during our consultation and he made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera during our engagement shoot. By our wedding day, we felt as if Jeff was a close friend! He puts so much thought and care into making your day picture perfect.

By now we have worked with Black Thumb Studio several times: engagement shoot, wedding, two separate family sessions, and my brother's wedding. I can honestly say that BTS has surpassed our expectations each and every time. Our family has had a lot to celebrate in the last two years and we've got gorgeous photos to go along with our memories!

Between Jeff and George's incredible talent, infectious personalities, and the care they put into each of their clients, you truly can not go wrong with Black Thumb Studio.

Sent on 04/20/2016

Black Thumb Studio's reply:

Thank you Alli! We really appreciate it! We're happy to be a part of your family!! Until next time...

meagan · Married on 07/13/2014

We thought of Jeff Turner and the team from Black Thumb Studio as so much more than wedding day photographers. To us, they were honorary members of our bridal party. They went above and beyond the call of duty of any photography team. They were able to capture the most honest and beautiful moments of our wedding day. We were so lucky to have them. Our favorite memory was when we danced in the dark in the adjoining ball room to practice our first dance. Jeff and his team were right beside us to capture what became our favorite photo of the night. They're creative eye and artistic ability is displayed in every photo they took. Our wedding day would not have been as magical if it weren't for Jeff and his team capturing each and every special moment. We highly recommend Black Thumb Studio to anyone who wants to capture their wedding day within the most beautiful of photos.

Sent on 04/10/2015

Liz & Gannon · Married on 07/12/2014

Black Thumb Studio did a great job with our July 2014 wedding. Jeff photographed our engagement pics while it was snowing on Duxbury Beach, designed Save the Date magnets, and delivered professional service all the way through the wedding. (Friendly, responsive, collaborative in planning locations for the wedding photos, and attentive to detail throughout our wedding day and in the editing process.) Photos document our marriage at Holy Family Church and reception at DBMS, and include joyful shots of our wedding party getting ready, a very special "First Look" at Bumpus Park overlooking Duxbury Bay, dock for shots with our family and bridal party, and extended family/group portraits. Without even really knowing we were being photographed, Black Thumb preserved the memories and emotions of the day, including Liz's brother's tear during the FOB Toast, Grandma rocking it on the dance floor, and the way that Gannon looked at Liz during the First Dance. We were fortunate enough to have a super moon and fireworks overlooking Snug Harbor. Including those details in our photos accentuated the magic of our special evening. Jeff and George have a great sense of humor and provided our mischievous nephew with an SLR so that he could use to take photos. They were able to engage our large family so that photos really brought out the best in everyone. We purchased rights to images so that we can print additional copies any time. This has been a nice way to share these images with friends, as we were able to design special Christmas cards and print/frame photos to give to members of our families as gifts. We love the thousands of images online to view as a slideshow any time we like. We highly recommend Black Thumb Studio to anyone considering hiring a wedding photographer. Our brother worked with Jeff and George for his August 2015 wedding, and experienced the same premium service. His wedding was larger than ours, but the benefit of using a team of photographers pays off!

Sent on 04/10/2016

Sarah · Married on 06/14/2014

It's really hard for me to write a review on Black Thumb Studios services because there really are no words to describe how overly thrilled we were with our wedding photos. As a bride and groom, your wedding day is a whirlwind and often a blur. There are so many details you can't pay attention to and so much you don't remember or even notice. When we got our photos from our wedding weekend, they moved me to tears because I literally felt like I was IN that moment again. Jeff and George captured so many natural, raw, real moments. They caught every laugh, tear, smile, surprise, toast, speech, bad move on the dance floor, you name it...they captured it. It was so much fun re-living our day and so amazing seeing everything through our guests eyes.

I also can't say enough about Jeff and George as people. When we first met with Jeff about the possibility of shooting our wedding weekend, he took time to get to know us and our story and was so genuine. They even took time to learn the names of everyone in our wedding party before they even started shooting. We really wouldn't have wanted anyone else by our sides on our wedding day. They kept us relaxed, cool, and collected....not to mention made us laugh all day and kept us completely comfortable in front of the camera to the point where we didn't even notice it. Our guests also raved about them and how friendly they were. They are true professionals and class acts! Using Black Thumb was the best money we've ever spent and I am so glad we have these memories that will last a lifetime.

Sent on 07/12/2014

Rebecca · Married on 06/07/2014

We worked with Black Thumb Studio for both our engagement shoot and wedding photos. Jeff and George are absolutely amazing, unassuming and make every effort to not only take beautiful pictures but get to know their clients. They made my husband feel so comfortable having his picture taken which is not his favorite activity. During the wedding, Jeff and George somehow manage to fade into the background in a way that makes you forget they are even there! In addition, Jeff is timely with responding to emails and phone calls and even rushed to get us our engagement photos so we could have some prints for the wedding. I cannot thank Black Thumb Studio enough for a wonderful experience!

Sent on 06/29/2014

Elizabeth · Married on 05/03/2014

Black Thumb Studio rocks! Jeff and George are fantastic, and their pictures speak for themselves. Photography was one of the more important aspects to us from the wedding, since the pictures last a lifetime. They had shot my older siblings' weddings years ago, and there was no question in my mind they would shoot ours as well.

Jeff is incredibly responsive to emails which is always important in a wedding vendor. They're unobtrusive during the ceremony, making sure they don't distract anyone, and still manage to get fabulous pictures. They're both laid back and keep everyone happy and laughing while taking pictures. They really did a great job of capturing the happiness and party at our wedding and we're going to treasure our photos for the rest of our lives. We HIGHLY recommend them!

Sent on 06/12/2014

Erica · Married on 04/26/2014

Jeff Turner was not only a pleasure to speak to over the phone, but he is just as endearing in person. He is someone who gets to know each person in the couple individually before even accepting the job! Then he even remembers every detail 9 months later when meeting in person ( we live in Philadelphia). He is one of the most personable people I have met and he was able to make sure we knew what we wanted for our wedding - and to be honest, it was his strength- moments captured in time. Our wedding day flew by- but both of us, my husband and I, had the best time with Jeff and George. They made us feel comfortable and not forced into weird poses (please note we have only seen the preview on Facebook- and it's amazing!).

I knew when we booked Black Thumb Studios- it was the best purchase we made for our wedding. Even over my dress!!! And not to toot my own horn, the dress rocks.

Ladies and gents- if you are looking to be yourselves, not be uncomfortable, and catch genuine amazing moments, even in odd obstacles (our wedding day poured up until the last hours of our ceremony)- please choose Jeff Turner and Black Thumb Studios. He surely will not disappoint.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Jeff and his crew were incredible!! They captured the most amazing photographs and were not really visible. They worked extremely well with my videographer and I ended up with amazing photos that have been featured in Boston magazine and as advertisements for our venue. They are AMAZING!!