Black Point Inn Reviews

4.9 out of 5 rating, 7 Reviews
View more information

Kim Married on 08/13/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Unbelievably beautiful setting for our wedding! I wouldn't change a thing! Josh and his team was amazing and made planning our wedding simple. He totally accommodated our surprise guests with ease.
    Emilie Married on 09/24/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Unreal. Words can not describe how wonderful, perfect, amazing our wedding was at Black Point Inn. Josh was a lifesaver so many times with questions that I had or items that came up - always responding and having a "not a problem" attitude. Not only was Josh great, but the entire staff at Black Point Inn blew us away. Everyone was so kind, professional, and made sure everything ran smoothly. We did our rehearsal dinner also at BPI along with Welcome Reception and everything flowed right into each other. Our guests were so impressed that we had some re-book for an weekend away in the Spring! The view, food, people, everything made Black Point Inn one of the most beautiful, perfect locations for a wedding. They really made our special day truly magical and it is something that I will be forever grateful for.
    Christine Married on 06/26/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Nate and I elected to celebrate our small, intimate wedding at Black Point Inn because it captured all of the aspects we wanted at our wedding - stunning views, delicious food, and cozy rooms. Our big day turned out better than we imagined, which may be viewed here at Emilie Inc. http://blog.emilieinc.net/2015/07/scarborough-wedding-of-christine-and.html.

The friendly staff also made us and our guests feel right at home. Josh, the Inn's event coordinator, was one of the best staff members at BPI. Josh responded to every email and phone message and provided answers to questions I didn't even think about - the vendor recommendations (Marcia Davis Flowers and Emilie Inc) were superb! Josh also assisted with all events associated with the wedding and very patiently handled my last minute changes. His feedback, experience, and knowledge made our whole wedding experience easier and less stressful, which resulted in a truly extraordinary day.

The location is actually more affordable than you might imagine, so please contact BPI at events@BlackPointinn.onmicrosoft.com for pricing.
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Send a message
  • User2214303 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If your vision for your wedding includes a quintessential Maine setting that is gorgeous and unfussy, timeless and also modern, pretty and also fun, consider the Black Point Inn. From start to finish we had a wonderful experience; Josh and Landace take such good care of you. They are true event planning professionals. Responsive, kind, and flexible, they will take care of you from day one planning through the day of to ensure your wedding is exactly how you want it.

The venue is all-inclusive, meaning you can conduct your ceremony and reception there, and they cater it and do the cake (and even flowers throughout the Inn to match your taste and decor). They required that we buy-out all of the rooms which cost around $880 after tax and two-night minimum for double occupancy which can be a lot to swallow for your guests, but was actually the best part of the weekend. It was ours to own and takeover, and everyone had the most wonderful time taking advantage of the many things the Inn has to offer-- pool, beach, bikes, kayaks, tennis, golf, restaurants, cliff walk, breakfast at the Chart Room and afternoon tea service. It was a magical destination wedding even for the Mainers of the group. The value they provide you and your guests exceed all expectations. They provide all the services they promise and then some, which is a worry-free weekend of bliss. If I could get married every year I would, so long as it was the same groom and the wedding was at the Black Point Inn.
    Amy Married on 07/09/2013
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    The Black Point Inn was a fabulous place to host our intimate reception. Landace Porta was so kind and knowledgeable while helping me plan out logistics from afar. The event could not have gone smoother! We got married at Ferry Beach and when we arrived at the inn everything was beautifully set up. The space was beautiful, the food was delicious and the service phenomenal. Thanks for helping make our day so special!!!
  • User2670882 2+ years ago
    4.8 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We looked at many venues before signing a contract with Black Point Inn. It was by far the best decision. The grounds are beautiful, the scenery breathtaking and the Inn is very well maintained. Working with Josh was a pleasure. He was very responsive and worked hard to make sure our needs were met. Although summer is their busy wedding season and I am sure Josh was working with numerous wedding couples, he managed to make us feel as if we were the only focus of his attention. We knew we were in for a treat when at our tasting, the food was delicious, the presentation elegant and the wine/ beverages were skillfully selected with Josh's expertise as a certified Sommelier. Given that the wedding couple has exclusive use of the Inn during the reception, the celebration becomes a 24-hour event you don't want it to end. Our guests had such a wonderful time, a number of them are planning to return to Black Point Inn next summer.
  • Jessica
    Jessica Z. Married on 10/02/2021
    4.6 out of 5 rating
      4.0 out of 5 rating

BPI gave me the wedding of my dreams!

From the moment we toured the venue in Jan 2020, I knew I had to get married here. The Black Point Inn is a beautiful venue, but the people make it even better! Sam (wedding coordinator) and Josh (general manager) were absolutely great to work with! It rained early on in the day and they were willing to wait until the last possible second to allow us to have the wedding outside! And the rain cleared and we had a beautiful outdoor ceremony! The food was incredible! And a great value for the quality/quantity that you are getting for the price. Guests raved that it was the best wedding food they had (lobster tail and filet mignon). The cocktail hour was incredible and the waiters were constantly going around offering passed appetizers. The raw bar wowed everyone. The best part of BPI is having everyone stay on site and making a whole weekend out of it. We had our rehearsal dinner at the Inn as well and the food was incredible then as well. The only tiny downsides I saw were that the cake (included in the price) was completely stale. We ordered whoopie pies from Two Fat Cats that were amazing, so it wasn't terrible, but keep this in mind. Also, we had ordered mini lobster rolls for the cocktail hour. The menu showed an actual bite-sized lobster roll, but we were served lobster puffs instead. The rest of the appetizers were incredible (especially the truffle grilled cheese that Sam recommended), so I would just choose something else instead. Overall, I would plan my wedding at BPI again in a heartbeat and can't wait to return in the future with my husband!