Black-eyed Pea Reviews

13 | Castle Rock, CO

13 Reviews for Black-eyed Pea

• O

Odessa · Married on 12/30/2017

The very reason this review is 5 Stars has everything to do with DEBBY!!!!! Her service and commitment was mind blowing to say the least. The closer it got to my event, the more anxious I got, I must have worried this woman the last two weeks something terrible. If I did, you would not have known. She calmed my fears. I made 11th hour changes to the menu and she accommodated me. Who does that???? Before I could get the words from my mouth about certain things, she was already on it. When I said I thought this would be better, she made it happen. I can't say enough about The Black-Eyed Pea catering, I can't say enough about Debby, I had a black tie affair and they showed up dressed so professionally. My guests had nothing but wonderful things to say about the food and the service. They actually raved about the Prime Rib, Thank you Debby, for making my affair the Special Night that I had planned. Everything you and your staff did was Top Notch. I want to shout out the BEP restaurant in the Citadel Crossing as well. They let me come in and try food to see if it was to my liking, even after I changed my mind. AWESOME !!!! This was worth every penny I spent. I would use them over and over. One last thing, You other companies out there that do catering had better Step Up Your Game, because Debby and the Black-Eyed Pea has set the bar HIGH!!! Fantastic.

Sent on 01/10/2018

Hollie · Married on 10/02/2017

The food was AMAZING so many options on the menu! Debby and her team made our day perfect. :) seriously recommend!!

Sent on 01/28/2018

Megan · Married on 08/19/2017

Amazing all the way around!!
    Staff was wonderful and food was excellent!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Lindsey · Married on 08/12/2017

On the day of the wedding I knew that drinks and catering were in great hands with Debby! She arrived early and stayed until the very end! We had a slight weather interruption and Debby handled everything with grace and poise. Debby is amazing and I will never be able to that her enough for everything she did leading up to and curbing the wedding!!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Lisa · Married on 07/29/2017

Debby went above and beyond to make sure that the catering service met our needs for our wedding. She made us both feel very important.

Sent on 08/17/2017

Jocelyn · Married on 05/25/2017

I loved having them part of my day. Got so many compliments on how good the food was.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Elyse · Married on 04/22/2017

I was so happy with the process from the beginning until the end. Communication was outstanding from Debby, and she made our day so special. Our guest raved about the food to everyone, and we're especially impressed by the mashtini bar! Will be using Black Eyed Pea catering for many more events in the future!

Sent on 07/17/2017

They are super reasonable and are more than willing to work with you on menu and pricing. When they have a tasting with you they make sure, even if you are full, you get a chance to taste all the food, because they pack it up to go for you. And everything tastes amazing! I would say that's the one "bad" thing is that it's so hard to choose your menu out of all the delicious food!

Sent on 02/01/2016

Elizabeth · Married on 06/21/2015

I was impressed with the quality of food and service from our very first meeting. Not only was the food delicious, but the price was significantly less and afforded me spend more money on my cupcakes. Such a pleasure to work with them.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Amy · Married on 06/28/2013

The Black-Eyed Pea was the perfect choice for us! They provide so many different options to choose from that you can really make the meal what you want. It can be as fancy or as casual as you make it. The tasting we had was absolutely amazing and we were really able to get an idea of exactly what we wanted. They were so helpful and flexible that they made it so easy for us! They would be a great choice for any wedding style!

Sent on 08/03/2013

Justine · Married on 06/11/2011

Black Eyed Pea was so wonderful, from beginning to end. Catering is obviously one of the biggest expenses in a wedding, and I was very stressed out about choosing a caterer.

But Debby totally came to me rescue! I was referred by a friend of mine who was a guest at a wedding catered by B.E.P; so I was excited to meet with them. At the tasting, we were allowed to choose as many entrees and sides as we wanted at the Ft. Collins restaurant and were served full-sized portions. All this was FREE! Debby was prompt and awesome, communicating with us by email up until our big day.

The wedding went off without a hitch. B.E.P. has VERY reasonable rates for cake cutting (flat $75, I believe) and bartending too. Debby was on-site the entire time and went above and beyond! She even assisted our venue coordinator with lighting all the sparklers for our send-off and packing up our decor. She packed us 2 servings of everything to take back to the hotel with us for later that night.

Best of all, we came in UNDER budget! Catering is not cheap by any means, but we were able to serve 100 guests an amazing meal for under $2k, including the charges for bartending and cake cutting. We chose the bacon-wrapped feta chicken and people are still talking about it!

Bottom line, I would recommend Black Eyed Pea catering to anyone, with no hesitation!!

Sent on 07/07/2011
  • beautyrn

Amanda · Married on 08/28/2010

The representative was very friendly, answered all of our questions and we had a wonderful tasting. They set everything up beautifully and were very friendly! Food was wonderful and the price was great too! :)

Sent on 09/23/2010

4.2
      1.0

The good:
    - Debby is super professional. One of the reasons why I chose BEP is because she actually responded to emails in a timely manner, unlike 90% of the catering industry.
    - The value you get for the food can't be matched. And it's delicious
    - The staff were reliable, and Debby followed through on all suggestions for the night.

The not so good:
    - When I arrived all of the staff were "touring the grounds." When you are on a tight time table and you see all of the staff just walking around looking at the venue it doesn't instill confidence. They lacked direction.
    - When I arrived, Debby was frazzled. All of the table cloths had been labeled to make it easy for staff to assemble, and they had been tossed to the side and everyone was confused. Staff were pulling out and putting away tables because they had no clear direction. She had 6 staff members all working in one small area rather than separating them out to help get things set up which further led to more confusion. Imagine being a bride and walking in to see your catering coordinator completely at her wits end and all of her staff standing there in confusion.
    - The serving of the food was SUPER slow. This was a major problem. This problem resulted in the actual reception after dinner being late and caused us to miss out on much of our actual dance time. We didn't even get to do a last dance because the dinner service was so slow. Even my groom's mother asked why it took 50 minutes to get out their food? They had about 3 hours to prepare for the dinner service and there is no reason it should have been this slow. It really dampered the spirit of the night and is ultimately what let me to be super disappointed.

My recommendation: If you have a buffet, and not a plated meal----hire her. She is a great lady and very professional and will go out of her way to help you. If you are doing a plated dinner----steer clear----she doesn't have enough experience to make that happen yet.

Sent on 05/20/2015