Birkby House Reviews

Birkby House 7
  • Kristina

Kristina Perry · Getting married on 12/05/2020

LOVE Birkby House - My Dream Wedding

The first time I toured Birkby House I instantly knew it would be the perfect spot for my garden style brunch wedding. The grounds and the tent are so gorgeous I had to do very minimal decorating, I let the beautiful grounds be my back drop. I can not say enough good things about Carleigh and Kristin as wedding coordinators. Carleigh truly saved the day when my hair and make up lady was two hours late and found someone local to help do makeup for my MOH, Mom, and I, and she did a fantastic job! Kristin was beyond helpful throughout the entire process and so easy to communicate with and ask questions. She made sure my fiance and I had drinks, appetizers, and were comfortable throughout the entire day. She even helped me out of my veil and bustled my dress! She kept everything on track so that we could enjoy each moment we had planned. After the ceremony they were incredibly helpful helping my Mom pack up all of our belongings and get them in the car. These ladies are amazing at what they do and you can tell they just genuinely love it. Its a family business and they are just great people. My guests had a blast and I received so many compliments on how beautiful and classy the wedding venue was. I wish I could relive my wedding day 100x over, and I would do it at Birkby House every time.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Courtney Nolan · Married on 08/03/2019

AMAZING doesn’t do it justice!

If you’re looking for a wedding venue in Leesburg, LOOK NO FURTHER. Carleigh and the entire Birkby team were amazing to work with. They were incredibly accommodating for our large party and for last minute requests. Our guests are still raving about how gorgeous the grounds were and how they appreciated how Birkby sprayed for mosquitos in the summer :) the bridal suite was gorgeous and fit my large bridal party and four hair/makeup artists comfortably. The tent is just STUNNING. We opted for the cafe lights and I’m so glad we did. The location’s proximity to great bars for after parties is unbeatable. Just blown away by how perfect our day was and it’s all thanks to the gorgeous Birkby House and its incredible staff.

Sent on 08/06/2019
    Birkby House 9
    Birkby House 10
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 04/26/2019

Birkby is beautiful!

My husband and I highly recommend Birkby House for your wedding reception venue! We were surprised at what a challenge it was to find a venue we loved not too far away from our church ceremony in northern VA, but fortunately the commute to Birkby was relatively simple and direct for our guests. We didn’t need to worry much about decor since Birkby is a naturally beautiful place with the brick historic home, gardens, patio and white tent. We especially liked that the town of Leesburg is walkable to many fun brewery’s and restaurants for our guests to enjoy as well. We worked closely with Carleigh and Kristin and ended up hiring them (Simply Royal Events) as our day of coordinators as well. They did an amazing job and had such calm and professional demeanors throughout the entire planning process and reception! Highly recommend you choose Birkby and hire Simply Royal Events as your coordinators!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Bre C · Married on 11/10/2018

Great experience

As soon as we arrived to take a tour we knew this was the perfect venue. The whole place is so beautiful it almost didn’t need any decorations. Also, everyone at the venue is so friendly and helpful. We ended up having a really cold day for our wedding and even though we still wanted to do the ceremony outside, the Birkby House team was able to make quick arrangements to bring cocktail hour inside where it would be warmer for our guests. Everything went off without a hitch and despite the last minute changes the team handled everything so smoothly there was no need to panic. We got lots of compliments from our guests about what a great and unique venue it was, and even the photographer loved the natural beauty of the whole place. Many compliments to the Birkby House!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/26/2018

Amazing venue!

Birkby House was such a charming place to get married! We loved not only the venue, but also the staff! Carleigh made getting ready for the wedding a breeze and was great at responding quickly. It rained on our wedding, but the staff was super helpful and we were still able to get married outside. The day ran smoothly and we didn’t have to worry about anything. We loved having our wedding at Birkby and are so thankful we had such a great team to make it all happen!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    Birkby House 11
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/20/2018

A gorgeous, turn-key venue with amazingly supportive staff

My husband and I got married this past weekend and Birkby was the absolute perfect venue which fit all of our needs. We were able to get ready separately with our bridesmaids and groomsmen in the beautiful upstairs rooms of the house, have our ceremony in front of the carriage house, and party it up in the gorgeous tent. Our friends couldn't stop gushing about the beautiful space, too! Being located in downtown Leesburg means hotels and bars are not too far away. Everything about the venue was turnkey, so picking Birkby House was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. If you love good food, Birkby works with some of the best caterers in the Loudoun County area (Tuscarora Mills and Magnolias). Carleigh was also a pleasure to work with and responded very quickly to all of my requests through email. She checked in on us throughout the day of the wedding and helped make sure everything was going smoothly - she is so laid back! Our pictures are so beautiful with the house as a perfect backdrop. Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/25/2018
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/19/2018

So charming and beautiful!

We fell in love with this venue when we first visited. It's romantic, charming and beautiful. At night, the bushes and trees twinkle with lights and lanterns line the pathways. I could have spend the entire beginning outside. The tent was simply classic. The staff at Birkby House went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. They made us feel calm and relaxed and had great suggestions for everything from food to placement of decorations. The caterers they work with are amazing and well-known in the area. You can tell everyone who you work with cares about the job they're doing. I would choose Birkby House over and over and I highly recommend it for any occasion.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Birkby House's reply:

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your great feedback! i Hope you are doing well! hopefully see you around town :) lots of love, Carleigh

Michelle Ketcham · Married on 09/01/2018

A perfect intimate outdoor wedding venue

Words cannot express how perfect Carleigh and the entire Birkby House team made our wedding and our wedding planning experience. My husband and I were planning our wedding remotely, but wanted to get married in VA where both of our families were from. For this reason we used almost all their preferred vendors who, based on research, were not only the most affordable option, but also the highest quality. You can tell they all work together consistently and know what works to execute a quality wedding.

Carleigh was consistently on top of everything, always prompt with any questions I had, and made the entire experience easy, stress-free (I'm a type-A person and I truly mean this!), and fun. Wedding planning should be enjoyable and it can be if you have the right team and vendor to work with. Outside of their professionalism, Birkby House is beautiful with a historical southern charm in the middle of a town, yet still feels remote and intimate during your wedding day.

We used Birkby for both or ceremony and reception. We were able to have our ceremony outside and then right at 6pm rain started to pour down. Carleigh and team were able to get all guests inside the tent right before the flash floods started so not a single guest was impacted. Because of the terrible storms our DJ actually lost power for a few minutes ( None of the guests, included me (!) had no idea any of this was going on) and the Birkby House team addressed the situation with our DJ promptly, professionally, and the party continued as planned! We feel so fortunate we went with the Birkby House and I cannot recommend this venue more. Thank you so much, Carleigh and team!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Noel

Noel · Married on 07/14/2018

My husband and I just got married at the Birkby House this past weekend and all we can say is WOW! Carleigh and Kristin are both so organized, calm, and so sweet! They completely understood the vision for our wedding and they truly made our dreams come true on our wedding day! They are so personable and laid back and we have had several people in these last couple of days tell us our wedding was one of the most fun and beautiful weddings that they have been to. We HIGHLY recommend the Birkby House for any wedding!

Sent on 07/18/2018
    Birkby House 12
    Birkby House 13

Elise · Married on 05/27/2018

Love the Birkby House! The venue is so beautiful and Carleigh and the rest of the staff were wonderful to work with leading up to (and on) our big day.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Kara · Married on 05/19/2018

We couldn't have asked for a better setting for our ceremony and reception! Carleigh was so sweet and accommodating throughout the entire process. Every question or concern was addressed quickly and professionally. Everything we needed (and didn't even know we needed) was provided to ensure that everyone had the perfect day. The grounds are breathtaking, the staff is super helpful, and it doesn't hurt that there are lots of bars within walking distance!

Sent on 05/22/2018

Jenna · Married on 04/28/2018

The Birkby house was everything and more for my wedding. It's location makes you feel as if you have your own private estate, yet it is still close to everything. It is a hidden gem that will make you feel like you are in your own world with all your favorite people. Carliegh and Kristen are wonderful! They came to feel like family, always so welcoming, sweet, and helpful through out the entire process of my wedding. I would choose Birkby house over and over again!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Lucia · Married on 11/11/2017

Birkby was the most amazing venue that my husband and I could have ever asked for! They were flexible when our wedding weather dropped by 30 degrees. We also used Simply Royal Events who helped us design and decorate Birkby and give us a vision that we did not know we had for our wedding. I can not say enough good things about this venue and our event planning Team Simply Royal Events. They took the stress out of the entire wedding process. We knew that at the end of the day we were going to have the most beautiful venue and the most amazing team helping us along the way. I didn't even want a big wedding, but now I wish that we could get married every year because of how wonderful Bikrby and Simply Royal Events were. Thank you so much for everything!! Huge shoutout to Kristin and Carleigh!

Sent on 02/10/2018
    Birkby House 14
    Birkby House 15
    Birkby House 16

Taryn · Married on 09/15/2017

THIS PLACE WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED! It was a perfect garden wedding with added character from an amazing historic home. Fantastic for photos, there were so many different backdrops that there is something everyone would like. We invited about 150 people and it didn't feel crowded. The outdoor space was beautifully green and we honestly didn't have to add much to make it everything i wanted in a wedding venue. The tables and chairs were included in the space whhich saved us oodles of money. The women organizing everything (Carliegh and Kristen) were so responsive and helpful and generally fun to be around. They didn't bat an eye when we asked to bury a bottle of burbon on sight and only hesitiated slightly when we said we wanted to throw a hammer around for a lawn game called stump. They are so organized and relaxed it really put me and my family at ease!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Carey · Married on 08/19/2017

Amazing venue. Everywhere you look is a stunning scenic backdrop for pictures. It was a pleasure working with Carleigh and Kristin. They were so on top of it. Highly recommend if you are looking for the perfect wedding venue.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Crystal · Married on 07/06/2017

We looked at many venues in the Leesburg area, but Birkby House was a hidden gem. The inside of the house is beautiful and gives off a great vintage feel. The back of the house opens into a beautiful patio garden area which leads to a beautiful tent with chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. In addition to the venue being beautiful, the staff were absolutely wonderful to work with. We had to do our wedding planning from overseas, but they were so good to get back to us right away whether it be over the phone, email, or a meeting in person. Carlieigh in particular worked hard to make sure everything went as smoothly as possible and gave great advice having planned so many weddings on the premises. (Our wedding party was quite small, only about 50 guests, but they can easily accommodate much larger parties.) We are so pleased we chose Birkby House for our venue!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Dawn · Married on 06/03/2017

I can't say enough nice things about the Birkby House!! The grounds were beautiful and extremely well maintained, the staff was super accommodating and pleasant to work with, and it had all the amenities our guests needed ...and then some! The space has a lot to offer, with both indoor and outdoor seating, a gazebo, a romantic tented area, modern, fully-stocked bridal suites (the en suite bathroom even has heated floors!!!), lawn games, etc. Our guests kept gushing about how beautiful the venue was for days after the event. I would book the Birkby House again and again in a heartbeat! It's also worth mentioning that we retained the day-of coordination services that are offered through Simply Royal Events, which Carleigh and Kristin (who also oversee the Birkby House) offer. --They were spectacular. I didn't have to think about any of the little details on the big day. They only asked for my input when something major happened (an important guest was running late), and they totally took care of it. I gave them very little direction of what I was looking for (basically just told them "no rustic decor"), but they still managed to execute a beautiful wedding that was totally my style! If you are interested in coordination services, then I definitely recommend you go with Carleigh and Kristin. They know the space and vendors very well, and have a great eye for design! Actually, even if you aren't interested in coordination services, you should look into them. (My husband wasn't crazy about the idea, but now he doesn't know what we would have done if we DIDN'T hire them!)

Sent on 07/12/2017

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2017

My husband and I absolutely loved having our reception at the Birkby House. I grew up in Leesburg going to the Birkby House with my mother and always knew this is where I would get married. They made my dreams comes true. The staff was great to work with especially our onsite coordinator Carleigh Malone. She let myself and my bridesmaids use the Bridal Suite all morning and all day to get ready which went above and beyond what is normally offered at the venue. The entire Malone family has impeccable taste and anything they touch truly turns to gold. I would not only recommend using this venue but also their preferred caterer Tuscarora Mill. We couldn't have asked for a better team to make our wedding a glowing success. As a bride and a wedding planner this venue is top notch and worth a site visit at least!!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Susan · Married on 05/13/2017

My daughter and I looked at three very different wedding venues (The Birkby House and two wineries) 15 months out from the May 2017 outdoor wedding we planned. The Birkby House checked all the boxes, it was in Virginia, just outside of the Beltway, close to several hotels so our guests had different price point choices, a lovely historic home with a bride and groom suite for the wedding party to use) that was off of the main thoroughfare which had been lovingly renovated where the bride and groom could stand on the back balcony overlooking their guests in a beautiful garden setting with a gazebo, coy pond, grass and the original carriage house cleverly hidden behind a wrought iron gate and high hedges decorated with twinkling lights where at the very back is a 50x60 ft. white tent with a tufted ceiling and chandeliers that illuminate the large dance floor and seating for over seated 150+ guests. The owners of the Birkby House also own the Tuscarora Mill restaurant in downtown Leesburg. Tuskies as it's known to locals offers a wide variety of reception fare from finger food to plated and buffet. Because we chose Tuskies as our caterer we received a significant reduction in the cost of renting The Birkby House. There aren't enough adjectives to describe our experience working with Carleigh Malone, her family and the vendors on their recommended list. They were cordial, professional, communicative, responsive and gave us some wonderful insight and suggestions, many of which we acted upon and helped to make the day that much more unique and thoughtful for the bride and groom and their guests.

Sent on 06/19/2017

angela · Married on 04/29/2017

My husband and I absolutely loved having our wedding at the Birkby House. The venue is beautiful, quaint, and just perfect for an intimate wedding. Carleigh and Kristin were wonderful to work with - from booking the venue to hiring them as our day of coordinators. They were responsive to ALL our questions (no matter how trivial they were), full of ideas, offered recommendations for everything we asked, set all our décor up beautifully, were there for us all day during our wedding, and helped execute our wedding perfectly. My husband and I are so thankful we had our wedding here - our guests loved the venue too. I do not have enough kind words to say about the Birkby, it definitely was perfect for our wedding!

Also, the bridal suite was just amazing! It is set-up to accommodate all the hustle and bustle of the bride and her party. The groom also has a separate area to get ready in with his entourage without paths needing to be crossed. The courtyard is beautifully manicured and the tent is just perfect for the reception and/or contingent rain option!

Sent on 05/04/2017

Suemedha · Married on 04/22/2017

Beautiful space, inside and out! We used Birkby House for both our wedding and our rehearsal dinner. It rained the day of the wedding, so we moved the ceremony into the tent. Carleigh and the staff did an awesome job making the tent look beautiful for both the ceremony and the reception. Tuscarora Mill catered, and our guests are still raving about the food, nearly two months later!

The space is really versatile – there's the tent, the courtyard, the house, and the patio and gazebo area. This meant our rehearsal dinner (an outdoor cocktail party) looked and felt totally different from our wedding. Highly recommend using the venue for your whole wedding weekend!

Awesome venue, and great staff. Carleigh (at Birkby) and Jonathan (at Tuscarora Mill) were a dream to work with! Super responsive and helpful.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Catherine · Married on 10/22/2016

The Thomas Birkby House was the perfect venue for our late October wedding. The grounds are so beautifully manicured and the colors are gorgeous with little need to dress anything up.

We were able to get ready in the house itself (they have beautiful bridal and groom suites that are conveniently separated to avoid seeing each other before planned) and utilized the downstairs to entertain early guests. Our bar was to be setup on the patio in the backyard, but due to weather we had to move the entire event under the large reception tent. The staff made all of this happen with no disruption and our guests were none the wiser that it was supposed to be setup differently in the first place.

The venue is a beautiful setting for photos, offering diverse textures and backgrounds to capture stunning pictures of both large and small groups, without having to leave the property.

The venue has various tables and chairs available for your use, which offers savings on rentals. You can also bring your own alcohol which saved us hundreds of dollars. The large tent stands on the property year round and is perfect for a reception in any weather because you can pull the flaps back to be open if the weather is nice, or close them to keep out wind and rain. It made our whole day since we had unexpected winds of 40+MPH. We had 13 tables seating 110 guests, a sweet heart table, double sided buffet, DJ setup, dance floor, and large bar under the tent and there was plenty of room for everything.

Costs were clear and everything was very fair.

We loved the venue and the staff and are so happy they hosted our big day!!

Sent on 11/01/2016

The Birkby House is the perfect place to hold a wedding. The grounds are gorgeous and the house is beautiful inside and out. We fell in love with The Birkby House and immediately booked our wedding. Being able to hold the ceremony and reception in one place was a big plus and there are multiple options for ceremony locations on the grounds. The venue is incredibly beautiful and there are so many cute places to take pictures for guests and the couple. The Birkby House also provides amenities inside the house for the bride and groom. The Bride’s suite is a comfortable and calming space to get ready before the wedding and the Groom’s suite is a neat guy’s hangout. The Birkby House staff is also very helpful with planning and organizing.

We are so happy that we held our wedding at the Birkby House.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Amazing! We had our wedding reception at the Birkby House on June 4, 2016 and it was absolutely perfect! The staff is amazing to work with and all of our guest raved about the venue. I am so happy we chose the Birkby House and I highly recommend the venue! It is perfect!

Sent on 07/01/2016