Birch Hill Catering Reviews

237 Reviews for Birch Hill Catering

• Ashley

Ashley Martin · Married on 10/25/2020

Everything Amazing!!

We had our wedding at Stable Gate Farms with Birch Hill Catering. It was the best decision we made. Our Coordinator, Sarah was AMAZING and really helped us pull the day together, run smoothly and was always available to review / talk ideas especially during the pandemic! Stable Gate is a stunning barn venue. It is low key with charm and style that you can only expect from the perfect barn wedding. Lastly, THE FOOD. Two weeks later and our guests are still talking about how good the food was. Everything was simply delicious, beautifully plated and the staff/servers were amazing. I HIGHLY recommend Birch Hill Catering for
    Your wedding. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/09/2020

Cecilia · Married on 08/21/2020

August wedding

My husband and I just had our wedding at Stablegate this August. It was absolutely perfect and couldn’t have asked for a better catering company/venue to have our wedding at. Sarah Connor was absolutely amazing to work with and made the wedding planning process so easy for the two of us. The venue itself was the perfect mix of rustic elegance that we were going for & Birch Hill Catering is so unique we were able to really customize exactly what we wanted for food for our wedding day. We couldn’t ask for a better venue, catering company, and sales manager (Sarah) to work with the past few months. The Hudson 360 ceremony site was absolutely perfect and all our guests agreed! If you’re looking for a rustic wedding venue, high quality and farm to table style food, Birch Hill Catering & Stablegate are the perfect two places! We are beyond thankful and happy with our wedding in August with many thanks going to Sarah Connor, Birch Hill Catering, and Stablegate! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/24/2020

Cecilia and Joe,

It was an absolute pleasure and honor helping you two celebrate your wedding day! We're so glad to know that your day was perfect and we're so grateful you could take the time to share your experience with others. We wish you both a lifetime of joy and love!

Sincerely,
    The Team at Birch Hill Catering and Stablegate Farm and Vineyard
  • Alex

Alex Durning · Married on 06/05/2020

Absolutley Perfect!

Stablegate Barn & Birch Hill Catering were everything we could have dreamed of when it came to a wedding venue and catering company. Food is very important to my wife and I, and we had always joked and dreamed of a fun way to incorporate food into our wedding. We had ideas like "make your own taco bar" or "make your own rice bowl" things like that. I discovered Birch Hills cocktail style dinner and found that they had a barn venue and we were sold.

We began our journey with Birch Hill when we met with Sarah. She may be the best "sales manager" "event planner" and overall helper when it comes to weddings I could ever imagine. She deserves a raise! but I digress. We sat down with her and discussed the cocktail style dinner and they had almost 30 options to choose from. We chose the farmers market, bayou boil and BBQ feast. They were so much fun for people to mix and match their plate. I also loved that they kept these food bars open for 2 hours during the reception which made it a much more casual feel. Taking a break from dancing to snack is always a good time.

The Stablegate Barn is a beautiful place with no extra work needed. It gives you a true rustic barn feel without having to do any work to it. The lighting is great and once you add flowers it is a beautiful venue. It really is everything we could of wished for out of a barn venue. Sarah and her assistant Ashley were with my wife helping anyway they could while she got ready in the bridal suite at the barn. We could never afford a wedding planner but I tell you Sarah and Ashley treat you like you are the only people getting married that year.

I would also like to mention Oh Goodness Cakes. They were recommended and included with our dinner from Birch Hill. The owner (forgetting her name) was so accommodating and very responsive when it came to our cake requests. She set it up and made it look beautiful when the time came.

Overall I would recommend Birch Hill to anyone I know. It truly is a wonderful place with wonderful people.

Sent on 03/26/2020

Birch Hill Catering's reply:

Wow thanks for all of your kind words, Ashley and Sarah as well as the full Birch Hill team are so very happy we were able to assist you with all of your wedding plans. Your kind words will be shared with all of the team. Once again Thank You for allowing us what we truly enjoy doing ( and unfortunately due to covid we really miss doing right now ) which is helping creat wonderful memories like yours .

Sincerely Steven Feldman
    Presidet of Birch Hill
    and all of our team members
  • Kayla

Kayla Lee · Married on 01/31/2020

Above and beyond service with an absolutley unbeatable package

Me and my wife were just married here this past weekend and I couldn't be happier with the work done by the Birch Hill Crew. To begin with, their winter wedding packages are unbeatable in price and breadth. We met with our coordinator, Sarah to discuss the date about 10 months in advance and we left knowing that we found the right place and it was a done deal. We returned in a month for one of their wedding expos where we were able to meet many vendors and try all the absolutely fantastic food options they have to offer. Sarah helped us through all of the planning with regular check ups. When it came time for the actual wedding week. Birch Hill did everything in their power to help us and make it out day. The day before we had a quick rehearsal where Sarah made sure she knew everything that was to happen and made everything so simple for us, from accommodating our requests to suggestions to make the day run as smooth as possible. The day of, Sarah along with the rest of the staff was incredible. We didn't have to put in any effort, want some food or drink? Sarah or a a very nice gentleman who I am unfortunately blanking on his name were there to run off to fulfill any request. When my bride and her bridesmaids couldn't figure out her dress's bustle and weren't able to tie it up, Sarah and another very kind employee immediately helped my wife and made her calm and got the difficult task done and had us on our way to the reception stress free and as happy as could be. The food at the reception was delicious, drinks plentiful and everything was effortlessly planned and coordinated by the staff. When it came time to come back in the morning to breakdown decorations and clean out the ballroom, we were (very pleasantly) surprised to find that the Birch Hill crew had taken own everything and consolidated everything to a table so that clean up was as easy as could be. I can't thank Sarah and the rest of the Birch Hill staff we came into contact with, it couldn't have gone any better and that is in large part to them. Additionally, the venue is beautiful, got many compliments on how beautiful the Conservatory Ballroom was, and additionally how good the food was. If you are getting married in the Albany area, I implore you to come talk to the coordinators at Birch Hill, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 02/07/2020
  • Liz

Liz Arnone · Married on 01/18/2020

Perfect Place for the Perfect Day

I had the perfect wedding day and Birch Hill Catering is one of the main reasons that happened. And I know most brides said that but I am not kidding when I say perfect. it exceeded expectations in every way and Bridget from Birch Hill made sure the day went off without one hitch. Everything from the high ceilings, to the aesthetic, to the delicious food is still being raved about by our friends and family. As a catering hall its stunning but as a wedding venue they make the process sooo fun and easy I had 0 bridal freak outs!
    Bridget worked with us from start to finish, was prompt in all of her answers, made time via phone calls when we could make it in person (its a 2 hour commute for us), and was so organized and professional that I felt like I didnt have to think at all. Not only did she help settle myself and the bridesmaids just before the big walk down the aisle but she was there throughout the entire night to make sure everything went smoothly.
    This venue was perfect and for those looking to save on a huge flower/decoration bill this is the place. We had minimal decorations because the venue itself is STUNNING! And I cant stress this enough - the food is like no other wedding food you will ever have.
    Do yourself a favor and have your wedding at Birch Hill. As a couple you will adore how perfect your wedding will be and as a bride you will feel relaxed knowing people like Bridget are behind the scenes.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Sophia Prunier · Married on 01/04/2020

Amazing Wedding

Bridget was our wedding coordinator and she was absolutely amazing ! She went above and beyond to exceed our wedding needs . The reception was beautiful. All the decor and detail that already was in the Colombian Ballroom made it 10 times more exceptional looking . The outside had beautiful scenery and greenery for photos . Food was incredible. I received so many compliments from my guests about how delicious everything was . I surely miss this day and recommend Birch Hill for any event .

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Marci

Marci Pimpiano · Married on 12/07/2019

Venue exceeded our dreams

We had the pleasure of working with Sarah and she was amazing to work with. She was always available to meet up with us, even the day after our wedding she was there so we could get our belongings. The day of the wedding Sarah was attentive to us and made sure that our plates and drinks were always full! Even clumsy me who twisted her ankle at the end of the night, they were right there with ice for me! Birch Hill was the magical setting for our magical day and everyone involved Sarah, the waitstaff, and the kitchen staff made it even more magical for us! Also our guest loved all the food and still talk about it with us whenever we see them. I would highly recommend Birch Hill not only for your wedding but for any special occasion as I’m sure you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 01/04/2020

Hello Marci,
    We are so happy to hear that we made your day so magical. Thank you for acknowledging our staff who enjoyed being a part of your special day. Best wishes for a lifetime of love and much happiness.
    Steven Feldman, President
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle Petitto · Married on 11/10/2019

Stunning Venue and Support!

We recently got married at Stablegate Farm and Sarah Conner (our wedding coordinator) made sure that it was perfect from beginning to end! She made the entire planning process completely stress free from our first meeting and my family was even raving about how phenomenal she was. She truly went above and beyond - she bustled my dress when my MOH was MIA, always had food and drink on hand for us to make sure we were well taken care of, and escorted me out at the end of the night. Sarah granted every request, was super responsive through the entire process, and did so with sincerity and patience. Thanks to Sarah, our wedding was truly stunning and blew away any expectations that I had. I can't recommend this place and Sarah enough!

Sent on 11/05/2019

Karen Jason · Married on 11/09/2019

Made our wedding dreams come true!

They made our wedding amazing. The food was awesome, the venue was beautiful, and our guests had a great time. We loved working with Jessica, she made everything so easy and made sure everything was on point.

Sent on 11/11/2019

Patty · Married on 11/01/2019

Rustic barn wedding

This was a great venue for a rustic/barn wedding The venue is beautiful and includes tables, linens and delicious Birch Hill catered food! Sarah Connor was so easy to work with and made sure the day went smoothly Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/16/2019
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/19/2019

Dream Wedding

Birch Hill is an incredible venue! My husband and I worked with Jessica from the first day we toured the venue to our wedding day. Jessica was always available for all of my questions and very helpful. Everyone was very accommodating, especially because I have celiac. They made sure everything I ate was safe for me. All of the food was amazing. We went to the bridal show to try the food, but we also had a smaller tasting to try some of the gluten free options. We also had out rehearsal dinner at the Stablegate Lodge. The venue and food was incredible and made us even more excited for our wedding. There was a last minute change as the pond ceremony site was flooded, but they were able to show us all the different options and made sure it was still perfect. They had a wedding the night before our's, so I saw both the Conservatory room and the Columbia ballroom decorated the day of the wedding and it was absolutely perfect! After the ceremony, we were busy taking photos. There was a small cocktail station for everyone in the wedding party, but my husband and I were so busy that we did not have a chance to go over to grab some food. Jessica brought us some food and always made sure we had something to drink. I highly recommend this venue to anyone interested.

Sent on 12/28/2019
  • Belinda

Belinda · Married on 10/13/2019

Perfection

Our wedding day at Stablegate Barn was absolute perfection. Our coordinator Sarah Connor was unbelievably wonderful. We booked with Birch Hill over a year and a half before our wedding, and the entire time Sarah answered all of my questions (often repeat questions as the months passed) in a timely manner and was incredibly helpful and patient. The March before our wedding we attended Birch Hill’s expo and were honestly very disappointed in the food and got quite nervous about this major aspect of our wedding. I reached out to Sarah to share our concerns and she offered to set up a tasting. We proceeded to do so, and went ahead and took the chance that their food would be what we hoped after a successful private tasting. On the actual day, the food was FANTASTIC! Guests are still raving about it, and we had several specialty items including ethnic foods like Lumpia (Filipino egg roll) and Potica (Slavik sweet bread). They also accommodated a pescatarian diet and had labels for foods with potential allergens. Furthermore, the owners of the barn are incredible. They have a small farm on their property and gave the chefs some of their vegetables to add to our buffet table with no extra charge. Stablegate and Birch Hill are clearly passionate about what they do. Their prices are amongst the fairest we found when searching venues, and upon reflection were a complete steal for the quality of event they put on. I can’t recommend them enough. If you have the chance, ask to work with Sarah Connor. She went above and beyond and is incredibly skilled at the personal and business aspects of her job

Sent on 12/15/2019

Nancy · Married on 10/05/2019

Wonder wedding at Stable Gate/Birch Hill

We just celebrated our daughters, and now son and laws wedding at Birch Hill Stable Gate, a barn and small vineyard in Castletown on the Hudson. We live in the Hudson Valley which is now the wedding mecca and looking around our town for a barn was very costly and not much bang for the buck.
    Chrystina found Birch Hill and we went to look and left a deposit the same day.
    Our wedding coordinator/wedding extradinaire Jessica Ryan was FABULOUS . Besides being very knowledigle of the venue product she was innovative and worked with us throughout the whole process.
    The day before the wedding she met us at the barn, tables etc were already arranged and the whole place looked lovely and ready for a celebration.
    We did the flowers ourself, daughters idea but ended up being bountiful and beautiful, Jessica allowed it to be done on site which made it that much easier. Enter Danny who we had never met prior to the day before and he too was so great and hands on.
    The day of the wedding we had (us not Jessica or Danny) seating cards missing, other items we thought were there, ends up next day they were in my husbands truck which was at hotel but without missing a beat Danny appeared with small chalkboards , seating table and names put on and strung across the barn door-guest thought that was planned.
    I always say I am going to write reviews and never do, good intentions and all but I cannot say enough of how smooth this process was because of them and we cannot thank them enough-actually brought up a little more of a tip the following week.
    Please give them a call if your looking for a country setting with superb results.
    The whole staff was so gracious and impeccable service from all of them.
    Had family and friends from far and wide and they literally were saying and still are 2 wks later it was one of the happiest fun wedding they ever attended and were so impressed with the barn. No need for any additional lighting etc it is all ready to walk into.
    Enjoy and give Jessica a hug because you will fall in love with her!!
    Nancy and Alex, proud parents

The date of the wedding was 8/31/19 no option to go back on calendar offered on site

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 09/28/2019

Extraordinary Venue - Transforms Dream Wedding into Reality

Birch Hill was truly incredible. They turned our dream wedding into a reality and made sure our wedding went perfectly. They were flexible, helpful, responsive, and incredibly patient with us. They listened to our vision and found ways to help us achieve it. Their venues are breathtaking and unique and they have an incredible team making sure everything goes as smoothly and perfectly as possible. I am so happy we chose Birch Hill as our venue for both our ceremony and reception. Our guests have told us how incredible everything was and how delicious their meals were. And this great experience, came at a reasonable price - great bang for your buck and worth every penny. The team at Birch Hill really made our wedding day amazing and everything that we dreamed it would be and more. Thank you!!!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Nancy

Nancy salerno · Married on 09/22/2019

wonderful venue

The venue did not have the date open that we needed but would definitely have used them if they did.

Sent on 10/05/2019

Amy Lico · Married on 09/20/2019

Our wedding venue

Birch hill was a beautiful venue for our wedding. We had our ceremony outside in front of the pond and the weather was magnificent. Our reception was in the conservatory ballroom which has the beautiful glass atrium. We worked with Jessica Ryan and she was great! She was right by out side the day of the wedding and leading up to the day she was always available to get in contact with. We had asked for decorations to be put up and they did everything just as we had asked. Their menu is incredible, all of our guests couldn’t stop raving about how good our wedding food was. It was our dream wedding, thank you Birch Hill!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Diane

Diane Rinaldi · Married on 09/14/2019

Magical night with family and friends

My husband and I got married at Birch Hill on 9/6/19. We had the most amazing experience and could not have been happier with every aspect of our wedding. We worked with Sarah Connor and along the way, I had to make several last minute changes and with every change Sarah was completely understanding and helpful. I had originally booked Birch Hills Stablegate Barn venue, but due to some health issues with my parents I was forced to change to the Conservatory Hall. Sarah not only arranged for the space change, but she promised to make sure my parents would be taken care of throughout the night. I was so happy about how easy she made all of this for us and how accommodating the owners were to our concerns.
    Our ceremony was at the birdcage by the pond. This space was amazing. It was so intimate and beautiful. All of our guests were blown away about the beauty of the ceremony. We didn't even need extra flowers or anything for the space, it was so natural and organic, it was perfect.
    The cocktail hour and reception were held in the Conservatory Hall. What a gorgeous space. It was the perfect size for our 100 guests. Again the beauty of the room made it so easy on us, we didn't need to do much with flowers, it was not even necessary.
    I can not express how happy my husband and I were with every aspect of our experience with Birch Hill. We can't thank Sarah enough for being the best coordinator we could ask for. She took care of every concern and really is like family to us now! My parents were so thankful for her caring nature, for carting them from place to place on the golf cart and for checking up on them all night!
    As far as the food goes, it was all delicious. We had a buffet style meal, the food was hot and plentiful. We were thrilled with it and also the service of all the friendly staff members.
    I would recommend Birch Hill to anyone planning a wedding or special event. You will not be disappointed 🙂

Sent on 09/13/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 09/08/2019

Absolutely stunning

Jessica was a dream to work with and the venue was outstanding! Our wedding guests raved about the beautiful venue, the crazy delicious food, and very friendly staff. We’ve heard so many comments from our guests that it was the most unique and amazing wedding they have been to! Absolutely no regrets and I LOVED my wedding here!

Sent on 09/12/2019
  • Ray

Ray Josephs · Married on 09/07/2019

Stablegate Barn dream wedding!

We had the absolute pleasure to work with Birch Hill, Jessica as our coordinator and we're lucky enough to book Stablegate Barn & Vineyard as our venue.

From day 1, Jessica did a fantastic job walking us through all the different things we would need to set up and decide on for the big day. They were very accommodating with options for everything we wanted. The food, half vegan for myself and my family, was fantastic! The barn is beautiful and we could not have asked for a better day.

Birch Hill definitely has the wedding game down! If you have Jessica as your coordinator trust everything will run smooth as silk!

Sent on 09/14/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 09/07/2019

Stablegate barn & catering

100% the easiest process ever! Everyone including Sarah Connor and Jessica we’re AMAZING! Food was perfect. I will always recommend this venue and catering.

Sent on 01/10/2020
  • Gaby

Gabriela Meza · Married on 08/31/2019

Reserving the venue was so smooth!!

They are amazing. They are extremely helpful. They know that planning a wedding is very difficult but they were wonderful.. I keep saying they, but our wedding coordinator really is the person behind it all. Sarah. She is amazing! made it so easy to make the decision, and book them for our wedding.

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 08/23/2019

Absolutely Perfect

Birch Hill was phenomenal. We worked with Sarah and knew that everything would always be taken care of and any question we could have, answered. We used this venue for both our rehearsal dinner (outdoor BBQ) and our wedding reception (cocktail hour and sit down dinner) and things could not have been more perfect. The food was delicious and our guests couldn’t stop talking about how much fun they were having. Thank you!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Mariah

Mariah Miller · Married on 08/10/2019

Married 8/10/19

Our wedding day was perfect- and we can attribute so much of that to Birch Hill(more specifically our coordinator Sarah). She made the entire planning process completely stress free from our first meeting. Even our guests came back to me telling me how fabulous she was. She truly went above and beyond the call of duty- she was there with me right before walking down the aisle and right after, always ensured we had fresh food and drinks, she also went around to each of my guests and was able to address my family by name- I simply can not rave enough about her.

We were married and had our reception in the conservatory ballroom- it was gorgeous. Our cocktail hour was initially split between indoors and a nice outdoor patio while Sarah and her team quickly and efficiently moved the room around.

We had an open bar- the bartenders were great, drinks were strong and flowed all night.

Our cocktail hour food was fantastic- we had a large variety including a sushi bar which was delicious.

We had a seated dinner- all the food was so good and the servings were very large. They also accommodated packing up several of my guests food as well as me and my husbands as we were too stuffed to eat anymore! We were so pleased with the food- especially after attending their showcase in March(did not do justice to their food quality AT ALL).

They packed up all my personal decor for me so that it could be easily picked up the next day.

I can without any hesitation recommend Birch Hill to anyone for their wedding. And if given the opportunity, work with Sarah Connor- you will not regret it!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Carlene Benson · Married on 08/09/2019

Best Coordinator and Staff!!

We had our wedding at Birch Hill's Stablegate Barn on 8/9/19. We had a great overall experience with wonderful food, planning, flexibility and more! The staff was so great all around but what I really could go on and on about is how wonderful our coordinator Sarah was! She went ABOVE and beyond for us! Including bringing a special tray of the cocktail hour snack we really want to us on a platter while we were taking photos. She even stood there and held it for us while we snacked. She was an absolute godsend who made our day go so smoothly. I don't know how we would have done it without her! :)

Sent on 08/30/2019
  • Brendan

Brendan DiLello · Married on 07/20/2019

The Perfect Wedding Day!

We can't say enough about Birch Hill! Our wedding day turned out just as we wished for and imagined. Sarah Connor and the wonderful wedding crew went above and beyond and we truly could not have had a better day. Sarah made sure everything was perfect the day of the wedding and leading up to it - she answered all our emails and calls (including multiple conversations with my mom). One of the main highlights at our wedding was the food, which was INCREDIBLE! We chose to do the Station Style eating and it was perfect for our large group. We had around 250 people at our wedding and so many have reached out and LOVED the variety of food and told us how delicious everything was. Another highlight was the dancing! Even with our large group, we had a great size dance floor at Birch Hill and we danced all night long with family and friends. If your top priorities for your wedding are a wonderful venue, delicious food, and a venue to have a great time dancing at, then Birch hill is your place! This was the only venue we looked at and we are so happy that we chose to have our wedding here.

Sent on 08/25/2019