Birch Hill Catering Reviews

195 | Castleton on Hudson, NY

195 Reviews for Birch Hill Catering

195 Birch Hill Catering Reviews

Jodie · Married on 09/15/2018

Birchhill catering company gave us the wedding of our dreams. From the very start, my husband and I were blown away. At our first meeting, Sarah was warm, attentive , and professional. We felt at ease knowing that we would be in such great hands. Through the planning process, Sarah would answer any emails the same day that I sent them. In March, they do the big vendor show and finally got to taste the menu that we had selected. We were again blown away. At our wedding, the guests raved about the food and how amazing everything was. Stablegate winery and vineyard provided the perfect setting for our wedding. Having such an rustic vibe with the decor made our small intimate wedding vision come to life. The barn has such a personality that completely fit the theme of the wedding. At night, the twinkling lights, bonfire, and beautiful night sky created a beautiful backdrop for our final photos. Rebecca and the entire staff at Stablegate were attentive to the fine details and made sure that the bride and groom were comfortable, happy, and having fun throughout the entire night. I’ve heard stories of the bride and groom not eating or not having time to themselves. We were provided a sample of our cocktail hour food in the back room of the barn, and it gave us ten minutes to process that we were married. Wendy, the floor manager, was on top of everything and I didn’t have to worry at all. I had the perfect wedding with Birchhill catering company.

Birch Hill Catering 1
    Birch Hill Catering 2

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

What can we say about Birch Hill Catering, they are AMAZING!!! Sarah was the BEST and really helped us with our wedding! We hired Birch Hill for offsite catering at a venue in the Hudson Valley, and they did such a great job! Our offsite venue also didn't have a kitchen, but they have a box truck that they bring with and were able to make an onsite kitchen, which the food was the best meal I've had in such a long time, and we had multiple guests throughout the evening come up to us to tell us how much they enjoyed their meals and the desserts! We did a tasting with them before booking and were blown away with the dishes, we knew the food would be good, but had no idea that it would be as good as it was on the day of, just given that it was now for a larger group and out of a box truck kitchen instead of two of us made in their kitchen - but it was as good, if not better! They have a great list of food selections to choose from, and even said they would be happy to make something that may not be on their menu if we wanted. They also helped provide all the rentals for the wedding, which also made things so much easier for us, making it one less vendor we needed to coordinate with, and worry that we weren't going to have everything we needed. Sarah was great with the last minute additions we made to the list on the weeks leading up to the wedding. The staff on the day of were also so fantastic and on top of things, making sure everything ran smoothly and that we had everything that we needed. For the months leading up to the wedding, Sarah was always ready to jump on a call or answer and email to us, and also came up to do a walk through on the venue to make sure she knew what they would be working with, and it also helped put our mind at ease that she now was able to see everything that we were describing to her. I am so glad that we found Birch Hill, I would definitely recommend them to anyone else getting married in the area!

• Kate

Kate · Married on 09/01/2018

from the very beginning Sarah Connor was AMAZING to work with. She responded quickly to my many questions throughout the process. On the day of, we simply could not have done it without her. The food was delicious and the barn was out of this world, from the little touches to the lights to the fully stocked bar (Val is the BEST!!) we couldn't have been happier. We would HIGHLY recommend Birch Hill and SARAH for your wedding. It was magnificent and perfect :)

Charles and Emily · Married on 08/12/2018

First and foremost we would like to write about how great our wedding coordinator Sarah Conner she was hard workibg and diligence the entire process and wedding reception. Not only did she help make our day the most beautiful and greatest day of our lives but she worked hard to make it stress free and help us enjoy our wedding to the fullest. We appreciate all her and the staff at Birch Hills did for us . I can't imagine our special day working so perfectly without them. Everything from the phenomenal food to the flexibility to work with our uniqueness and all our vendors. The Stablegate Barn and Vineyard was absolutely stunning , like something out of a story book.

Stephanie · Married on 08/10/2018

Birch Hill Catering was phenomenal to work with and made all our dreams come true! Very personalized, accommodated every request, and managed to keep us on track as well. True professionals in every aspect of our wedding

Birch Hill Catering 3
    Birch Hill Catering 4
    Birch Hill Catering 5

Breanna · Married on 07/14/2018

If you are looking for a wedding location in/around the capital district look no further. You cannot go wrong with Birch Hill! My husband and I were married this weekend, on 7/14/18. We had the pleasure of working with Sarah Connor throughout the past year to make our wedding dreams come true. Sarah and her staff not only met our expectations, they EXCEEDED our expectations from the moment our weekend started.
    Our ceremony was held in the Conservatory Ballroom and our reception in the Columbia Ballroom. The ceremony was originally supposed to be outside at the Birdcage but when rain was in the forecast we decided to move it inside, the night before. Sarah made sure to make us feel confident in the last minute change and turned what could have been a stressful situation into something beautiful.
    Throughout the planning process Sarah was super friendly, honest, accommodating, knowledgeable and easy to get a hold of! She answered all of our questions and concerns with confidence and a smile. Sarah made sure I felt comfortable and supported every step of the way! As time grew on and we got closer to the wedding, Sarah went as far as to leave her personal plans to make sure we got what we needed. I already miss working with her!
    On our wedding day Sarah and her team executed plans FLAWLESSLY. After hearing “something will go wrong on your wedding day…” over and over again of course I was just waiting for something to go wrong, but NOT ONE THING did. The attention to detail was not only seen by us but also by all of our guests. From following us around with food and letting us use her as our personal table during cocktail hour, making sure we never had an empty glass, to checking in with us throughout the entire night to make sure we were having a great time, the team at Birch Hill was superlative! One of our guests is a wedding planner and she made sure to let us know how blown away she was by our venue coordinator (Sarah Connor) and her staff!

Genna · Married on 06/30/2018

We fell in love with Stablegate Barn the very first time we visited (and it was covered in snow)! It was so warm and charming that we could visualize our wedding just from that visit. Working with Sarah Connor made the whole experience pan out seamlessly. Sarah loves what she does and working with couples to create their perfect day is her calling. We couldn’t have asked for a better coordinator and are walking away with a friend! She is absolutely amazing and made our day so personal and special. She catered to our every want and need, no matter how small. She is extremely responsive and will email back regarding all questions and concerns immediately. Going with Stablegate was perfect- people are still raving about our wedding day! The scenery, the intimate ceremony, the food and beverages- everything. Although we got married on the hottest day (record breaking temperatures for that area on July 1st) people had a wonderful time and we will remember this day forever! We couldn’t have imagined getting married anywhere else!

Rebecca · Married on 06/22/2018

We worked with Sarah Connor, and OH MY GOD is she the B-E-S-T!! Seriously, we cannot say enough amazing things about Sarah. Without her, I don't think our day would've been as great. Even in the short amount of time my parents spent with her the day before the wedding, they were raving about her. I am sure another consultant would've done a great job, but we LOVE Sarah and are so thankful that she was our coordinator for our wedding. I don't know that I could've made it out of the limo without her. We also loved the Columbia Ballroom, and even though we had to have our ceremony inside when an outdoor Birdcage wedding was planned, we were not disappointed at all. That ballroom is beautiful, and the ceremony was lovely inside. Thank you all for everything put into making our wedding an amazing time.

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2018

Our wedding day was perfect and that was due largely in part to Sarah Connor and the team at Birch Hill. I met Sarah at a bridal show the weekend after we got engaged. From that moment, we clicked. We went to see the grounds a month later and I fell in love! We went to their bridal show that March and were blown away by their food. We didn't reach out again until the fall after not being able to find another venue that even compared to Birch Hill all summer long. Sarah was so thoughtful and helpful throughout the entire planning process. She quickly answered all of my emails about any little thing I had a question about. She made sure everything went smoothly and perfectly and we didn't need to worry about a single thing on our wedding day. We were treated like the king and queen that day and it just made it everything your wedding day should be. Everyone that day was extremely professional and made sure that my husband and I had anything that we needed all night long. Everyone has been raving to us about the food and just how beautiful the venue was overall. We have been with Sarah for 2.5 years and she is no longer just our venue coordinator but our friend.

Gina · Married on 06/03/2018

We cannot say enough about what a wonderful venue Birch Hill was to have our wedding! The grounds and inside both rooms are so clean and gorgeous. The staff was so accommodating, making sure everything was where it neeed to be. The food was phenomenal and there were so many choices which we wanted for our guests. Our wedding coordinator, Sarah was so organized, professional, and sweet. She truly made the day run as smooth as possible. Birch Hill is absolutely the best, I would highly recommend them for events!

Caroline · Married on 05/18/2018

We had our ceremony & reception in the Conservatory Ballroom..The transition from day to night in that room is so beautiful. The weather was great so we had cocktail hour on the patio. & the scenery was just fantastic. Working with Sarah was so easy going and comforting. She reassured us every step of the way! Highly recommended

Birch Hill Catering 6
    Birch Hill Catering 7

Amanda · Married on 03/23/2018

Choosing Birch Hill for my wedding was the best decision i made throughout the entire planning process. Lauren was my rep and she went above and beyond from answering every email i had to even helping me bustle my dress. 75% of my guests traveled from Long Island and were all awed by the stunning rooms and were taking pictures in every corner.

Jessica · Married on 11/10/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Birch Hill. My husband and I had a BLAST and were in awe of how everything went off without a hitch. We had Sarah Connor as our wedding coordinator. From beginning to end she was kind, helpful, and extremely communicative! I asked her a million questions over the course of the year of planning. She helped us set up the night before and the day of she was extremely attentive and personable, like an old friend. I also got the pleasure of meeting their dog and mascot, Bleu, on the day of my wedding and he helped to calm my nerves as I waited to walk down the aisle. On top of everything, the food was amazing, the bar was great, and our guests could not stop raving! Our night and our wedding was perfect and we owe it to our family and to Birch Hill. The grounds are also beautiful for photos, and the staff are amazing to work with. If you're considering using them, do it.

Lori · Married on 10/28/2017

It was truly an amazing experience working with Bridget. She was very professional, attentive to all of our needs, but yet connected with us on a personal level. She was willing to work with us on our budget and went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable on our wedding day! The food was amazing and the servers were very attentive. You couldn't ask for anything better. It was a stress free day! Thank you so much! The Coopers!!

Susan · Married on 09/30/2017

We contacted Birch Hill to cater our 45 person wedding at a vacation home/wedding venue in Old Chatham, NY. What an awesome experience from start to finish. Lauren was so wonderful to work with as the coordinator, responding to every question quickly and wanting to make sure we were satisfied with each decision. There were things we requested that weren't on the menu and she had no problem accommodating us. Her warm personality is perfect for the job and we were so surprised and excited to see her there on the day of!
    Jordan and his staff did a wonderful job on the day of... negotiating around pine trees to get the truck parked, dealing with changes in location of the cocktail hour due to the drizzling rain and an unheated barn, while trying to keep the food warm and our guests happy. Everyone loved the food and the service. Jordan put the icing on the night when he came to personally congratulate us and make sure everything was to our liking, and then offered to leave the soft drinks for our guests that were continuing to party in the barn. It was a very sweet gesture.
    We highly recommend Birch Hill. Make sure you get the Chicken Corn Chowder and ask for real whipped cream with your desserts! You won't be disappointed...

Birch Hill Catering 8
    Birch Hill Catering 9

Marjorie · Married on 09/23/2017

Lauren at Birch Hill was so wonderful to work with, she went through every little detail with my husband and I until we were happy with our menu. Not to mention, the food at our wedding was actually really good! We received many comments on how the food was truly enjoyable, not just "edible." They were so respectful when it came to our budget, and made sure we had everything we wanted on the day of, while never pushing us to spend more than we were comfortable with. I'd recommend Birch Hill Catering to anyone and everyone!

Patricia · Married on 08/19/2017

August 19th my son and his new wife had their dream wedding at Stable gate Barn! The barn is part of the Birch Hill catering. From the beginning of planning to the end of the night it was flawless and every attention to detail was addressed. Everyone that attended the wedding, where the food and bar flowed had only fabulous things to say. All the food was amazing and the bartenders, Val and Al attended to our guests with TLC. The absolutely best part of the entire experience was our wedding planner Sarah Connor who works for Birch hill catering. She was involved every step of the way and was so incredibly attentive during the rehearsal dinner and the wedding day. I had people at the wedding that said it was some of the best food that they had at an event. Stable gate barn and winery was
    a beautiful venue for photo ops before the ceremony and after. I am so incredibly happy that we made the right choice for my son and his beautiful bride!!!!

Meaghan · Married on 07/29/2017

Our wedding was absolutely amazing here! Our wedding planner Sarah was so amazing, she was always in touch with us, answered any of questions and took care of every single one of our concerns! I am not say enough good things about this place. We had our rehearsal dinner at the lodge, our first look at the barn, our ceremony at the bird cage, our cocktail hour in the conservatory and our reception in the ballroom and every single part was absolutely perfect! Thank you for making our day the best it could have been!

Kelly · Married on 07/15/2017

Birch Hill was such an incredible place to get married. When I had to make some last minute changes, they were totally on top of it every step of the way. It put me right at ease. Not to mention, that the entire place is absolutely gorgeous. We had our wedding in the Conservatory Ballroom and I kept getting so many compliments about the venue throughout the night. I couldn't think of a better place to celebrate our special day!

Stephanie · Married on 07/07/2017

The first time I saw Birch Hill I was in awe! The property and ballrooms were exactly what I envisioned for my wedding and the staff was very accommodating and helped in ANY way they could. From the moment I decided to get married at Birch Hill, the coordinators were very attentive and helped to ease any stress or nerves I had. Bridget and Lauren were BEYOND amazing and made me feel very comfortable on the big day. Birch Hill made wedding planning easy by covering major wedding “must haves”, such as helping with the cake, catering in house, and gorgeous ceremony sites around the property. We always dreamed of what our wedding day would look like and on July 7, 2017 Birch Hill made that dream a reality. Thank you all SO much!! Love, the Baldaufs!

Birch Hill Catering 10

Michelle · Married on 06/18/2017

We decided to go with Birch Hill after falling in love with their wide sweeping grounds, multiple ceremony and reception options, and comprehensive wedding packages. I loved that their package includes the ceremony, reception hall, catering, and wedding cake, which helped to reduce my stress levels considerably during the planning process. We worked with Lauren Carlson, who was a joy to work with. She was very friendly and accommodating, and helped us personalize our package to fit within our budget while still getting all the features we wanted. By the time the wedding came around, our guest list had been cut down considerably compared to what we were expecting, but Lauren was really helpful suggesting additional features we could add onto our deal to help us hit the minimum spend requirement for the Columbia Ballroom - that extra half hour was definitely worth it! Everyone was having a great time, and I'm so glad she suggested that option rather than keep adding on more and more food (which was all delicious by the way - their flank steak with peppercorn demi-glaze from the carving station is absolutely delicious! Everyone was raving about it, and I highly recommend going with this option if you're doing a buffet or cocktail-style reception. Also - mashed potato bar!!) The venue itself is gorgeous, and Lauren even toured around the premises with me a week before the wedding day to help me choose the perfect location for the ceremony (she literally told me "we can set up wherever you like, weather permitting. If you like a specific tree and want to have the ceremony there, just let me know!" which my husband and I LOVED). We had a wonderful time working with Birch Hill, and would definitely recommend this venue.

Ryan · Married on 06/10/2017

Sarah and Bridget at Birch Hill are some of the best wedding professionals in the business. From day one of talking with Sarah about a quote, we were blown away by her warmth and kindness and desire to help make our wedding vision come true. Being vegan and having a few guests who were gluten free, it was a tough task coming up with some non-typical menu options—and Sarah knocked it out of the park. She was completely accommodating with special requests and never once made us feel like we couldn't ask for exactly what we wanted.
    Because our wedding day was June 10th, Sarah was overbooked for the day-of, which meant Bridget was the on-site coordinator and she couldn't have done a better job. Everything went perfect to a tee and our guests had a wonderful time.
    We booked Birch Hill off-site for catering and rentals (tables and chairs), and the crew and staff did a tremendous job with everything. The food was delicious and guests continue to rave about it to us. Birch Hill Catering was certainly a great value and we couldn't have been happier with their job in making our special day that much more special.

Sarah · Married on 06/03/2017

Sarah Connor and Birch Hill Catering were amazing to work with!!! Sarah was always prompt to reply to any questions we had during our planning process. Birch Hill hadn't catered a wedding at our venue in a while so, Sarah took the time to meet us at our venue - to get the lay of the land and discuss where we wanted everything set up. We had a great impression of the catering services provided by Birch Hill, which was essentially due to Sarah's hard work leading up to our big day and throughout the entire event. She was always everywhere we needed her, without us even realizing we needed her in that moment (Sarah actually even bustled my wedding gown for me before our reception!!!!) Birch Hill provided us with a small round table for our wedding cake, since the tables provided by our venue were all large and rectangular - to our surprise they added some really classy lights on the cake table to glam it up a bit. My husband and I thought that small detail really elevated the look of our cake table and thus, all of our wedding photos/video footage with our cake. Overall, I would highly recommend Birch Hill catering for your event but, should you get Sarah Connor as your event manager (AKA basically your wedding planner) consider yourself extremely fortunate! :)

Javeria · Married on 04/15/2017

My husband and I fell in love with Birch Hill the moment we stepped foot inside. We planned our entire wedding in less than four months, and I can honestly say the process felt like a breeze thanks to Bridget and the rest of the staff. They were so helpful, accessible, and accommodating. Pakistani weddings are complicated - halal food, a prayer space, a stage, and even traditional chai tea -Bridget honestly fulfilled every request I had. The food was delicious, and extremely generous portions. Our guests still call us to rave about how wonderful the night went. If I could do it all over again I would pick Birch Hill every time. Thank you Bridget!