183 Reviews for Birch Hill Catering

Specialty Wine (1)
Audio Equipment (1)
Centerpieces (1)
180 Birch Hill Catering Reviews

We had our ceremony & reception in the Conservatory Ballroom..The transition from day to night in that room is so beautiful. The weather was great so we had cocktail hour on the patio. & the scenery was just fantastic. Working with Sarah was so easy going and comforting. She reassured us every step of the way! Highly recommended

Profile Picture Caroline, 5/18/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking

Choosing Birch Hill for my wedding was the best decision i made throughout the entire planning process. Lauren was my rep and she went above and beyond from answering every email i had to even helping me bustle my dress. 75% of my guests traveled from Long Island and were all awed by the stunning rooms and were taking pictures in every corner.

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/23/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

I cannot say enough good things about Birch Hill. My husband and I had a BLAST and were in awe of how everything went off without a hitch. We had Sarah Connor as our wedding coordinator. From beginning to end she was kind, helpful, and extremely communicative! I asked her a million questions over the course of the year of planning. She helped us set up the night before and the day of she was extremely attentive and personable, like an old friend. I also got the pleasure of meeting their dog and mascot, Bleu, on the day of my wedding and he helped to calm my nerves as I waited to walk down the aisle. On top of everything, the food was amazing, the bar was great, and our guests could not stop raving! Our night and our wedding was perfect and we owe it to our family and to Birch Hill. The grounds are also beautiful for photos, and the staff are amazing to work with. If you're considering using them, do it.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Indoor, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Liability Insurance, Set Up

It was truly an amazing experience working with Bridget. She was very professional, attentive to all of our needs, but yet connected with us on a personal level. She was willing to work with us on our budget and went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable on our wedding day! The food was amazing and the servers were very attentive. You couldn't ask for anything better. It was a stress free day! Thank you so much! The Coopers!!

Profile Picture Lori, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We contacted Birch Hill to cater our 45 person wedding at a vacation home/wedding venue in Old Chatham, NY. What an awesome experience from start to finish. Lauren was so wonderful to work with as the coordinator, responding to every question quickly and wanting to make sure we were satisfied with each decision. There were things we requested that weren't on the menu and she had no problem accommodating us. Her warm personality is perfect for the job and we were so surprised and excited to see her there on the day of!
Jordan and his staff did a wonderful job on the day of... negotiating around pine trees to get the truck parked, dealing with changes in location of the cocktail hour due to the drizzling rain and an unheated barn, while trying to keep the food warm and our guests happy. Everyone loved the food and the service. Jordan put the icing on the night when he came to personally congratulate us and make sure everything was to our liking, and then offered to leave the soft drinks for our guests that were continuing to party in the barn. It was a very sweet gesture.
We highly recommend Birch Hill. Make sure you get the Chicken Corn Chowder and ask for real whipped cream with your desserts! You won't be disappointed...

Profile Picture Susan, 9/30/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Lauren at Birch Hill was so wonderful to work with, she went through every little detail with my husband and I until we were happy with our menu. Not to mention, the food at our wedding was actually really good! We received many comments on how the food was truly enjoyable, not just "edible." They were so respectful when it came to our budget, and made sure we had everything we wanted on the day of, while never pushing us to spend more than we were comfortable with. I'd recommend Birch Hill Catering to anyone and everyone!

Profile Picture Marjorie, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

August 19th my son and his new wife had their dream wedding at Stable gate Barn! The barn is part of the Birch Hill catering. From the beginning of planning to the end of the night it was flawless and every attention to detail was addressed. Everyone that attended the wedding, where the food and bar flowed had only fabulous things to say. All the food was amazing and the bartenders, Val and Al attended to our guests with TLC. The absolutely best part of the entire experience was our wedding planner Sarah Connor who works for Birch hill catering. She was involved every step of the way and was so incredibly attentive during the rehearsal dinner and the wedding day. I had people at the wedding that said it was some of the best food that they had at an event. Stable gate barn and winery was
a beautiful venue for photo ops before the ceremony and after. I am so incredibly happy that we made the right choice for my son and his beautiful bride!!!!

Profile Picture Patricia, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Our wedding was absolutely amazing here! Our wedding planner Sarah was so amazing, she was always in touch with us, answered any of questions and took care of every single one of our concerns! I am not say enough good things about this place. We had our rehearsal dinner at the lodge, our first look at the barn, our ceremony at the bird cage, our cocktail hour in the conservatory and our reception in the ballroom and every single part was absolutely perfect! Thank you for making our day the best it could have been!

Profile Picture Meaghan, 7/29/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Shuttle, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up

Birch Hill was such an incredible place to get married. When I had to make some last minute changes, they were totally on top of it every step of the way. It put me right at ease. Not to mention, that the entire place is absolutely gorgeous. We had our wedding in the Conservatory Ballroom and I kept getting so many compliments about the venue throughout the night. I couldn't think of a better place to celebrate our special day!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/15/17, 4 Reviews

The first time I saw Birch Hill I was in awe! The property and ballrooms were exactly what I envisioned for my wedding and the staff was very accommodating and helped in ANY way they could. From the moment I decided to get married at Birch Hill, the coordinators were very attentive and helped to ease any stress or nerves I had. Bridget and Lauren were BEYOND amazing and made me feel very comfortable on the big day. Birch Hill made wedding planning easy by covering major wedding “must haves”, such as helping with the cake, catering in house, and gorgeous ceremony sites around the property. We always dreamed of what our wedding day would look like and on July 7, 2017 Birch Hill made that dream a reality. Thank you all SO much!! Love, the Baldaufs!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor

We decided to go with Birch Hill after falling in love with their wide sweeping grounds, multiple ceremony and reception options, and comprehensive wedding packages. I loved that their package includes the ceremony, reception hall, catering, and wedding cake, which helped to reduce my stress levels considerably during the planning process. We worked with Lauren Carlson, who was a joy to work with. She was very friendly and accommodating, and helped us personalize our package to fit within our budget while still getting all the features we wanted. By the time the wedding came around, our guest list had been cut down considerably compared to what we were expecting, but Lauren was really helpful suggesting additional features we could add onto our deal to help us hit the minimum spend requirement for the Columbia Ballroom - that extra half hour was definitely worth it! Everyone was having a great time, and I'm so glad she suggested that option rather than keep adding on more and more food (which was all delicious by the way - their flank steak with peppercorn demi-glaze from the carving station is absolutely delicious! Everyone was raving about it, and I highly recommend going with this option if you're doing a buffet or cocktail-style reception. Also - mashed potato bar!!) The venue itself is gorgeous, and Lauren even toured around the premises with me a week before the wedding day to help me choose the perfect location for the ceremony (she literally told me "we can set up wherever you like, weather permitting. If you like a specific tree and want to have the ceremony there, just let me know!" which my husband and I LOVED). We had a wonderful time working with Birch Hill, and would definitely recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/18/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Sarah and Bridget at Birch Hill are some of the best wedding professionals in the business. From day one of talking with Sarah about a quote, we were blown away by her warmth and kindness and desire to help make our wedding vision come true. Being vegan and having a few guests who were gluten free, it was a tough task coming up with some non-typical menu options—and Sarah knocked it out of the park. She was completely accommodating with special requests and never once made us feel like we couldn't ask for exactly what we wanted.
Because our wedding day was June 10th, Sarah was overbooked for the day-of, which meant Bridget was the on-site coordinator and she couldn't have done a better job. Everything went perfect to a tee and our guests had a wonderful time.
We booked Birch Hill off-site for catering and rentals (tables and chairs), and the crew and staff did a tremendous job with everything. The food was delicious and guests continue to rave about it to us. Birch Hill Catering was certainly a great value and we couldn't have been happier with their job in making our special day that much more special.

Profile Picture Ryan, 6/10/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Sarah Connor and Birch Hill Catering were amazing to work with!!! Sarah was always prompt to reply to any questions we had during our planning process. Birch Hill hadn't catered a wedding at our venue in a while so, Sarah took the time to meet us at our venue - to get the lay of the land and discuss where we wanted everything set up. We had a great impression of the catering services provided by Birch Hill, which was essentially due to Sarah's hard work leading up to our big day and throughout the entire event. She was always everywhere we needed her, without us even realizing we needed her in that moment (Sarah actually even bustled my wedding gown for me before our reception!!!!) Birch Hill provided us with a small round table for our wedding cake, since the tables provided by our venue were all large and rectangular - to our surprise they added some really classy lights on the cake table to glam it up a bit. My husband and I thought that small detail really elevated the look of our cake table and thus, all of our wedding photos/video footage with our cake. Overall, I would highly recommend Birch Hill catering for your event but, should you get Sarah Connor as your event manager (AKA basically your wedding planner) consider yourself extremely fortunate! :)

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews

My husband and I fell in love with Birch Hill the moment we stepped foot inside. We planned our entire wedding in less than four months, and I can honestly say the process felt like a breeze thanks to Bridget and the rest of the staff. They were so helpful, accessible, and accommodating. Pakistani weddings are complicated - halal food, a prayer space, a stage, and even traditional chai tea -Bridget honestly fulfilled every request I had. The food was delicious, and extremely generous portions. Our guests still call us to rave about how wonderful the night went. If I could do it all over again I would pick Birch Hill every time. Thank you Bridget!

Profile Picture Javeria, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

We researched and looked at numerous venues, knowing that we wanted a rustic barn atmosphere. There are a lot out there, but absolutley none have the character and charm of Stable Gate!! Every single detail is present in this barn, from the wall decor, to the bathrooms (inside the barn), the nooks and crannies that are filled with nostalgia! Sarah, our planner was awesome! Unfortunately it rained on our wedding day, Sarah was transporting us in her own vehicle, and made arrangements with a shuttle driver to transport our guests from "The Lodge" (which is also onsite at the barn), to the barn for the reception. The food is awesome, and we received so many compliments about our venue! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!! ASK FOR SARAH!!!

Profile Picture Monica, 3/31/17, 2 Reviews

Our wedding was absolutely amazing and perfect! It was wonderful work with Bridget!!! She is so on top of everything and made sure everything went smoothly and that the night was exactly what we wanted. We couldn't have asked for more! We highly recommend Birch Hill and Bridget to couples who wants to have an unforgettable and amazing wedding!

Profile Picture Lauren, 11/19/16, 5 Reviews

We had both our ceremony and reception at Birch Hill on 11/12/16 and had the time of our lives! We worked with Sarah during the entire process and she was better than I could have ever imagined! She made everything so easy and stress free, and reassured me every step of the way. She was so attentive during the reception, making sure we had everthing we wanted or needed. We didn't want the night to end! On top of the amazing service, the ballroom was absolutely gorgeous. I would 100% recommend checking out this venue!

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We had our wedding reception on 10/15/16 at Birch Hill and our coordinator was Sarah! She was so great to work with throughout the whole process. Sarah was very responsive with any questions we had, she got back to us immediately! On our wedding day everything went so smooth thanks to her. Her positive attitude really made us feel that much more special. Thank you so much for everything Sarah!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews

We want to give a big THANK YOU to Bridget, Greg and the entire Birch Hill staff on making our wedding day so wonderful. Throughout the entire planning process, we had the utmost confidence in Birch Hill and everything went seamlessly. Although our wedding was a few weeks ago, many of our guests are still remarking at how beautiful the ball room was, how amazing the food items were and overall, how it was the best wedding they had ever attended. We just received word from our professional photographer that our pictures are now complete and we will be sure to share them with Birch Hill once received. Thank you again to everyone for giving us the wedding of our dreams. Best regards, J & Z :)

Profile Picture Zach, 10/9/16, 3 Reviews

My husband and I just got married at Birch Hill on 10/8/16 and we had a PHENOMENAL experience! Our coordinator was Sarah and she was so attentive, professional, fun, and easy to work with that it made everything a breeze. The ceremony/reception space in the Conservatory Ballroom was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a better wedding. The food was delicious too! Our guests had a great time and so did we, and we highly recommend Birch Hill for any wedding :)

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Barware, Flatware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Drapery, Tables

I was married at Stable Gate Barn & Winery on 10/1 and have to say how incredibly grateful my husband and I are to Val and the rest of the Birch Hill staff for making the day a huge success! From start to finish Val was a delight to work with, so friendly and professional. We also really appreciate how flexible they were in working with us and our families and letting us make some changes that really made the day feel like our own. Everything was beautiful and exactly what we wanted! I cannot stress enough how well we were taken care of and how thrilled we were to get married in such a beautiful setting.

Profile Picture Carly, 10/1/16, 1 Review

Birch Hill and specifically our wedding coordinator, Sarah Connor, were so good to work with! If you are planning your own wedding, you know how hectic and stressful it can be and I feel like all the stress was taken off my shoulders on the day of the wedding due to how organized and helpful Sarah, Alex, and everyone at Birch Hill was! They were also flexible in helping put up and take down our decorations which was something I was worried about as I wanted to do it myself but obviously couldn't because I was the bride, haha! My groom and one of his groomsmen and my brother started the decorations and my mother in law helped as well, but I felt like everything was safe in Birch Hills hands. I quickly popped in to check out how it looked prior to the ceremony starting and they had done such a great job! Everything was beautiful and organized and as stress-free as possible! The wait staff and bartenders were also great! They also have so many options depending on your budget and outdoor and indoor locations for the ceremony and they have a good option to bring you inside for the ceremony in case it rains. Sarah was also very quick to respond to all my texts/ emails with questions as were going through the planning process. I can't say enough on how great our experience was with Birch Hill!

Profile Picture Lydia, 9/25/16, 3 Reviews

I worked with Bridget during my planning at Birch Hill. Every one there was absolutly wonderful to work with. They were all so nice to my husband and I. I could always get ahold of Bridget and when she was in a meeting or helping another bride there was always someone there to help me and answer my questions. They did all the work for us. Set up everything and also packed all of our stuff up for us when the reception was over. The food was fantastic especially the salmon. They even brought out an extra dish of surf and turf and a treat.

This venue is just absolutly beautiful in everyway shape and form. The white peacocks and swans really top it off too.

Profile Picture Leah, 9/9/16, 7 Reviews

Bridget Gardy is a saint. Had to get that out there front and center. Working with her was an absolute breeze and her flexibility from packages to day of changes was incredible. She was there when we needed her, but never came off as hovering around. Her patience and professionalism are derived from years of experience with setting a high bar for events.

The venue itself (conservatory ballroom) is beautiful and perfectly suited for a medium sized wedding (~150). The ceremony by the pond pergola was absolutely heavenly, picture perfect with weather that one could only dream of. The pricing was possibly the best part, as it has to be the best value/bang for your buck in the capital region. The wait staff was attentive and severa people complemented the bartenders exemplary skill set. The food was good, particularly the cocktail hour. With top shelf open bar, stations and passed cocktail hour, and a 6 hour reception the price simply can't be beat.

Our wedding was simply the best day of our lives, no questions asked, and Bridget and the venue played a big part in it.

Profile Picture Josh, 9/4/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning