Bill Hansen Catering Reviews

Bill Hansen Catering 6
Bill Hansen Catering 7

P K Israel · Getting married on 03/03/2020

Wonderful Experience

We're so happy that we chose Villa Woodbine as our wedding venue. Eden Bauer helped us plan our wedding and she was with us every step of the way. It was such a joy to work with her and I wouldn't have had it any other way. Our guests had an amazing time and people keep telling us how beautiful the wedding was!

Sent on 04/22/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Muelle · Married on 08/31/2019

Event planner

As an event planner, I play many roles. I will assist with whatever is needed or make the client happy and the event successful. This company is amazing. They are professional, accommodating, patient and just a pleasure to work with from beginning to end.

Sent on 09/04/2019
    Bill Hansen Catering 14
    Bill Hansen Catering 15

Ana Foschini · Married on 08/31/2019

My Wedding Reception was a success

The staff at BHC was amazing, on time and on task. They had to make last minute changes due to a storm coming and they passed with flying colors. It is all handled very professionally. I would recommend them.

Sent on 09/04/2019

Macky Diaz · Married on 08/16/2019

Our vision came TRUE!!!

Thank you Villa Woodvine and billhansenluxurycatering for an amazing night! Our “enchanted garden” dream wedding was everything my daughter had ever hoped for!!!! Professional service from each and every person working at this vendor made my daughter’s day, PERFECT. The food was delicious, Bill did a “fritanga” station for her, since that was her favorite meal. The service was 5 stars, EVERYTHING! Our night went on without a hitch thanks to them and their team! I will refer you to every bride I know!

Macky- Brides of Florida

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Bill Hansen Catering 16
    Bill Hansen Catering 17
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 06/29/2019

Oh, what a night!

Where do I even start!

We recently got married at Villa Woodbine and Bill Hansen was our caterer.

This whole process was absolutely amazing. From the day I met Ashley our coordinator throughout this whole process, she was just the sweetest. She was patient and answered all my questions, even if I had to ask multiple times lol. Leading up to the event she was always easy to get a hold of and always open and honest.

We chose to do the Villa's summer deal that had been offered to us which made everything a lot easier on us since some of the vendors were included in this package (catering, florist, DJ, Tables, linens, outdoor AC tent). This made the planning process a lot more simple for me since I didn't have to go out and search for each of these.

The day of the wedding everything went off without a hitch! As far as getting ready purposes, we didn't choose to get ready in the bridal suite at the Villa (we were a lot of girls) we wouldn't have fit comfortably with all the makeup and hair artists too.

Anthony was our coordinator from the venue the day of the actual wedding and Ashley stuck around and helped out for a bit too. Anthony was amazing he made sure we had everything we needed and made sure to check in with us throughout the night to make sure we were doing fine.

We actually got to eat the food at our wedding lol not just at the tasting and truly it was delicious! I am an extremely picky eater and always hate catered food, for months leading up to the event I had been saying how I just want going to eat at my wedding and I'd just Uber McDonald's lol. So when I got the chance to try it at the tasting I was SO pleasantly surprised! It was actually delicious from start to finish!

The AC tent was an absolute lifesaver (and was actually really cold!) it was Miami summer hot out and everyone was extremely grateful for the tent. Although the dancing was outdoors, everyone was having too much fun to care about the heat at that point.

I can honestly that everything turned out perfectly, I couldn't have imagined how seamless everything turned out! Huge thank you to everyone from Bill Hansen & the Villa!

Sent on 07/15/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Iseppon · Married on 06/16/2019

AMAZING experience

Ashley was amazing...great communication and ideas and villa woodbine put on a dream wedding for me. It was all I ever wanted..my husband and I are so thankful for ashley and all of villa woodbine for making or dream come true.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Chrissy

Chrissy Daniela · Married on 05/26/2019

Bill Hansen Catering is Top Notch!

Bill Hansen Catering and their event producer, Ashley Morales, helped make my wedding absolutely magical. I got married May 26, 2019 at the gorgeous Villa Woodbine, and I am so grateful to have met Ashley when I did! The attention to detail, taste, aesthetic and professionalism is undeniably top notch. Bill Hansen Catering worked tirelessly with me to bring my vision to life and made the entire wedding process enjoyable and memorable. From intimate lighting and beautiful decor to delicious, mouthwatering cuisine, Bill Hansen Catering will exceed your expectations. There truly is no one better!

Sent on 06/18/2019
    Bill Hansen Catering 18
    Bill Hansen Catering 19
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/19/2019

Wow, what a memorable experience

They were more than just a catering company they helped bring my entire vision to life. Rachel Rodriguez was absolutely amazing from the start and helped with so many aspects of our day. She had great recommendations and helped me make final decisions. The food was 100% the best wedding food we could have and they totally customized our family-style feast. I highly recommend them for your catering needs and would absolutely hire them again.

Sent on 05/29/2019
    Bill Hansen Catering 25
  • andrea

andrea · Married on 05/18/2019

Forever grateful...

Absolutely incredible food, service and team! our wedding was a destination wedding and I could not imagine going with any other catering company. We book with a years notice and they had been in touch almost week ensuring everything wsas perfect. Ashley and her time understood our vision and made it come to life. the theme and look was above and beyond and my guests and I were in awe on how pretty every look, how smoothly everything ran and how kind and friendly their expert team were. Thank you Ashely for helping us so much, I will forever be so grateful.
    If you are are bride looking for piece of mind catering with lots of delicious choices, aesthetically beautiful presentation and professional and kind team, your choice should be Bill Hansen Catering.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Natalie Echeverria · Married on 03/22/2019

Delicious, Outstanding, & Flawless

Bill Hansen is by far one of the best catering companies I have had the pleasure of tasting and working with. Their food is delicious and it showed through my guests' clean plates. We are very happy that we chose to work with Bill Hansen catering for our wedding. I always knew their food and service was great, but we still looked at other options to find the best price. At the end of the day, the difference in pricing was not by such a large amount. Their quality and professionalism is the reason I feel they are a 5-star company. A year prior to our wedding I contacted Ashley, the event producer. She was absolutely amazing to work with. She came to visit venues with us and show us what Bill Hansen has to offer. They are truly a total package when it comes to making your wedding day perfect and flawless! After postponing our original wedding date due to schooling, I didn't contact her again until a year later when we decided the gap out of school would be a perfect opportunity. The only thing was now we had 3 months to plan the wedding of our dreams. Ashley was so patient with all my changes and requests (and boy did I make lots of changes!). Every week, she was keeping me updating and constantly communicating with me in order to create the perfect menu and reception for us. It's a great feeling to hear from all my guest how much they enjoyed our wedding and we couldn’t be more satisfied with our decision to work with Bill Hansen.

Sent on 04/05/2019
    Bill Hansen Catering 26
    Bill Hansen Catering 27
    Bill Hansen Catering 28
    Bill Hansen Catering 29

Kathleen Bellino · Married on 03/02/2019

Villa Woodbine Wedding

Our whole experience with Bill Hansen Catering for our daughter's wedding was exceptional. The Director of Catering, Sandra, was so knowledgeable and helpful and very responsive. She guided us through all of the decision making seamlessly from food to flowers to table set-up, etc. As to the catering, every aspect of the food was amazing....the varied selections for the appetizers, the presentation, and most importantly the taste. Our guests were so very complimentary. We chose Villa Woodbine for our venue and it was a spectacular setting. I would highly recommend this vendor for anyone planning a wedding in Coconut Grove.

Sent on 03/11/2019

Aurora · Married on 02/23/2019

great experience at Villa Woodbine

Thank you for helping us plan a wonderful wedding. It was a beautiful event and we felt like it all came together flawlessly. Your catering staff was outstanding and all the details came together nicely. The guests and bride and groom were all very happy and thought the event was magical. All our relatives and friends were mentioning how beautiful everything looked and everyone felt that it was a spectacular celebration. All the vendors were all very attentive and provided excellent service.

Sent on 03/04/2019

Mary Manz · Married on 02/02/2019

Wonderful staff and venue

Absolutely amazing from start to finish. Beautiful venue, great food and wonderful staff our daughters wedding was perfect. Thank you to Sandra and Soco for all your help in making Kristin and Matt’s wedding such a wonderful experience and day.

Sent on 02/05/2019
    Bill Hansen Catering 30
    Bill Hansen Catering 31
    Bill Hansen Catering 32

Kristin M · Married on 02/02/2019

Everything was amazing and ran smoothly

Everything was amazing from the food to the staff. We had so many compliments about our food at our wedding and how great everything was. I am so glad we found them and couldn’t have asked for anyone better for our wedding. Thank you everyone on the bill Hanson team for everything running so smoothly and the food being so great!

Sent on 02/14/2019

Hoan · Married on 02/02/2019

Best wedding caterer ever!

We first heard of/had Bill Hansen last year at my sister’s wedding... all I ever thought about was their amazing hors’doeuvres. OHMYGOODNESS! They were absolutely delicious! Fast forward to my wedding in February, I knew I wanted to have their hors’ doeuvres, mainly for me 😂. I had first contacted them 8 months prior to our wedding day & when I told them where I was getting married, they couldn’t have chosen a more perfect event producer, Eden Bauer, as she also got married at the same venue (Estancia Culinaria, Redland, FL). She was super patient & worked w us to make sure we had exactly what we wanted & needed! God bless her, I had questions on questions but she made it sooo easy for me, I say me because I was internally stressing out!!!

We had been studying their menu back & forth, day & night, to make sure we had the most amazing dinner menu for our guests & ourselves (we both are super foodies & loooooove to eat!) Once we chose our menu... the most fun part of our wedding planning finally came! THE FOOD TASTING!! Upon our arrival we were greeted by (& finally met) Eden & her event coordinator, Genevieve & they were absolutely wonderful in person. The hospitality that was given to us was like no other. Their venue itself was soo beautiful! We also met our chef, Chef Mary, who was sooo sweet! All the food tastings that were brought out completely BLEW OUR MINDS!!! Way better than I remembered! (We highly recommend the Blue Crab Tostones, Seared Tuna Won Ton Crisp Cup, & Brie Tartlets for hors’ doeuvres) I cannot stop thinking about those!! We had chosen to do 3 dinner stations rather than the typical sit down dinner, we wanted variety & options for our guests & let me tell you, I couldn’t wait for them to eat what we had selected. Everything was divine! We had also surprised our guests w a late night STREET FOOD station & my guests couldn’t believe there was more food. I dream about the short rib Philly cheesesteak 🤤

Now for our wedding day, our event supervisor Anthony, could not have been any more amazing & attentive to us & our needs, he made sure we had our plate of food, a full glass & always came to check if we had needed anything. I never thought I would have been able to have the wedding of my dreams w a BOMB ASS TEAM!!! I can’t thank Bill Hansen Catering enough! Those who I mentioned & all the servers, bartenders, cooks, clean up crew YOU ALL ARE AMAZING!!! THANKYOUUUUUUU ♥️

PS. All of my guests till this day continue to rave about the menu & have said that our menu was the BEST THEY’VE EVER HAD!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Lauren · Married on 01/20/2019

Magical setting for your big day!

I would strongly recommend booking with Villa Woodbine! I worked with Eden and Yulitza and they were both amazing! From start to finish, working with Bill Hansen catering and the team at Villa Woodbine was wonderful. They always answered my countless questions and emails with a smile. They helped put me in contact with other vendors for the day. The were very flexible working with my blended family and specific requests. We did an all vegetarian / part vegan wedding and the food was delicious! It was the most incredible, beautiful and organized day all thanks to the wonderful team at VW! Can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 02/08/2019
  • Z

Zoie Prudenzano · Married on 01/19/2019

Absolutely incredible team!

We were lucky enough to be referred to the Villa Woodbine by a consultant when I was trying on wedding dresses one afternoon. We hadn’t chosen a wedding venue yet, and when I explained what I was looking for to my dress consultant, she insisted that we had to check out the venue. She had gone to weddings there before, and if she could “redo her wedding, it would be there!” We are so grateful that we took her advice, and ultimately chose the Villa Woodbine and Bill Hansen Catering for our wedding!

We just honestly cannot say enough about their team, and their food! Immediately upon meeting Sandra, the Director of Catering and Events, we knew we would be great hands! I am a bit organizational and detail-oriented but planning a wedding is daunting, especially when you’re not living in the state during a majority of the wedding planning process. When we booked the venue, I was still living in Arizona attending school while my fiancé, now husband, was working and living in Florida. Doing long distance was hard enough—now doing distance while engaged, trying to plan our wedding, and attending school and trying to find a psych internship across the country… we were stressed. Sandra jumped in as more than just our venue coordinator. Sure, she took care of EVERY wedding detail for us—found us great music, florals, day-of coordinator, etc., but she became a good friend! She cheered for us when I was finally able to move out to Florida, and I have never seen our little pup love going to visit someone more! 

The venue is dreamy and romantic—go with the bistro lighting, it’s beautiful. The food is absolutely delish and unique—our guests are still raving about it. And the people that you will work with—well, as I said before, there just isn’t enough I could say… they made our planning experience fun and seamless, and our wedding was beyond our dreams.

Sent on 02/04/2019
    Bill Hansen Catering 33
    Bill Hansen Catering 34
    Bill Hansen Catering 35
  • Lisa

Lisa Tolep · Married on 01/06/2019

Bill Hansen is best catering company!!

I used Bill Hansen Catering Company for my daughter's wedding on June 1st. I worked with a lovely and knowledgeable Event Producer named Rachel, and she did an amazing job!! The food was fabulous, the presentation was beautiful, and she was so helpful in every step of the planning process. When I asked for recommendations for other vendors, she quickly responded with wonderful choices for me to pick from. Planning a wedding can be stressful especially if you don't live in Miami, but Rachel did a fabulous job of helping me to navigate through this process from afar. The result was a beautiful dream come true wedding for my daughter!! Thank you so much to Bill Hansen Catering and your amazing staff!!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Rocky

Rocky Ziri · Married on 12/15/2018

Magical venue

I can't express how magical my wedding was this past weekend at Villa Woodbine. Sandra and Bill Hansen did an incredible job. Sandra was so helpful, hands-on and extremely accommodating. I've been inundated with messages from my guests raving about the food and venue and just overall experience. Pictures don't do the venue justice - you have to be in the moment to really take in how incredible this place is. I recommend Villa Woodbine to every bride looking for the most beautiful place to get married in South Florida.

Sent on 12/19/2018

Linda · Married on 12/02/2018

The best Caterer in South Florida

I've had the opportunity to work with Bill Hansen at a few weddings and hands down their service and food quality is unsurpassed. They are a full-service catering company, which means they can get you many other items for your wedding or event including rentals, linens, etc. They also have a vast array of venues they can recommend. I would definitely recommend Bill Hansen for your wedding or event.

Sent on 06/17/2019
    Bill Hansen Catering 36

Alexis Ronca · Married on 11/03/2018

Dream wedding at Villa Woodbine

Choosing to have my wedding at Villa Woodbine was hands down one of the best decisions I have ever made. After visiting numerous wedding venues, I eventually stumbled upon Villa Woodbine and instantly knew that this was the place I wanted to get married. It had everything I wanted and more- lush greenery, old Florida architecture, delicious food and the opportunity to work with the amazing Bill Hansen team. With 212 people attending our wedding my biggest concern was making sure everyone was served at the same time and that the food be hot. The dinner was flawless and the amount of compliments we received was astounding. I had always heard rave reviews about Bill Hansen catering and I can now attest that they were spot on!
    During my two- year engagement my mother and I worked extensively with Sandra, our wedding coordinator. From the very beginning it was clear that Sandra possessed all the skills and qualities a dream wedding coordinator would have. She was extremely organized, accountable, patient, flexible, detail oriented and seriously always just a phone call or text away. Sandra truly made my dream wedding come to life and I could never thank her enough!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2018

We began our venue search with two things in mind: 1. mansion/house and 2. outdoor feel. We encountered Ashely Morales at Villa and she was helpful and honest from day one. Her sense of humor, warm personality, quick email/call/text responses, excellent sense of execution were some of her best traits.
    The Villa itself was to die for the moment we walked in. The customer service from the entire staff at Villa is amazing. What I loved about it the most was the I did not have to worry about a thing because on wedding day, things ran just as we had planned.
    Pros:
    • The Villa is absolutely beautiful! I love how it’s intimate and it doesn’t feel just like another venue.
    • Since we had our wedding in September, we had to use the tent. The tent was with AC and the chandeliers that were included were beautiful.
    • Food tasting from what I’ve heard never taste the same on wedding day but surprisingly, it actually did!
    • Lissette who was the Event Manager on wedding day made sure things ran smoothly.
    • Kuddos to the Chef and catering team as all guests raved about how exquisite the food was along with its presentation and how attentive the Waiters were.
    • I love how a platter of appetizers was set aside for us. I’ve heard time after time that the bride and groom rarely try these on their weddings because of the photos that follow the ceremony. But Ashley and Lissette ensured we tried these and we also got to try our Welcome Drink which was absolutely delicious!
    Cons:
    • Courtyard: It’s extremely hot in the courtyard and dancing area. Although the Villa is a historic site and limited things can be done to the architecture, I think there should be a way where additional fans or cooling system can be installed. This would make it much more comfortable to guests where they can come ou

Sent on 10/05/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/16/2018

I cannot thank the team at Bill Hansen Catering enough! We got married two weeks ago, and everything was perfect.

My husband and I visited Villa Woodbine 2 years prior to our wedding and knew instantly that it was the venue we wanted. The location is private, intimate and everything about the property and grounds gave us the most beautiful wedding.

When planning our destination wedding (which went on for two years), Eden was incredible. Her professionalism, attention to detail and help was wonderful, she helped me organize and plan out everything, and even when I sent her late night emails with concerns, she responded quickly and reassured me every step of the way. Even with last minute changes a few days before the wedding, she took care of it all for us.

Our on the day planner Liz was a joy to work with, she got it spot on. Their attention to detail is second to none. Their food is incredible, service is amazing and I cannot recommend Eden and the team enough. They exceeded every expectation in every single way.

Sent on 06/28/2018
    Bill Hansen Catering 37
    Bill Hansen Catering 38
    Bill Hansen Catering 39
    Bill Hansen Catering 40
    Bill Hansen Catering 41

Amanda · Married on 04/05/2018

Eden was fantastic to work with. I can't say thank you enough! Without her and her team my wedding wouldn’t have been possible. It was exactly what I imagined and it turned out beautiful. She pays attention to detail and is so accommodating. Her vendor recommendations were also spot on. Working with her made the wedding planning experience easy and painless.

Sent on 07/07/2018

Dapheney · Married on 03/29/2018

The food was very good. The service was excellent as well.

Sent on 04/12/2018