27 Reviews for Onyx + Redwood

To-Do Lists (2)
Religious (2)
Budget Analysis (1)
Cultural (1)

Jessica and her team are all amazing! We couldn't have done our wedding without her. She is a perfect balance of fun and business - her creativity is off the charts, so get ready to be blown away by ideas and suggestions you never would have thought of. My mom, dad, husband, and I are so grateful for Jessica's help - it was a pleasure to work with her and I would recommend her to everyone :).

Profile Picture Betsy, 6/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica was great! She had so much energy, which was necessary given that my husband and I were mostly shell-shocked by the entire wedding planning process that we didn't have any energy of our own to give! She was knowledgeable, friendly, and made our day perfect! She answered our (many) questions, offered suggestions based on her expertise, and handled EVERYTHING day of (which got a little difficult due to my family handling a lot of DIY projects).

I cannot imagine what we would have done if we didn't have her!

Profile Picture Latoya, 8/20/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Destination, Religious

I am so thrilled that we chose to work with Jessica and Bijoux Events for our November wedding. The wedding weekend/day went off without any issues at all, the biggest "problem" we ran into was a wardrobe malfunction with my husband's tux jacket, and Jessica was even able to fix that! We had a tight timeline for photography but Jessica made it all work out so that we didn't have to sacrifice the shots we wanted to capture. I think the biggest surprise for me was how much I ended up loving my flowers, because that one was of the elements that was really low on my priority list, and they ended up being one of my favorite details. Jessica knew best, and didn't listen to me when I kept suggesting farmers market flowers and I'm so glad she DIDN'T listen to me because I ended up loving them so much!! Jessica really did everything... as a bride it was wonderful because I almost literally did nothing, and the entire day was so perfect and beautiful. She designed the reception space better than I ever could have imagined, infusing so much class into the event. And because I did nothing to help with that, it was a wonderful day-of surprise to see just how beautiful it all turned out!

Profile Picture Christine, 11/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious

Jessica is truly amazing! I couldn't imagine planning my wedding with out her. She is very knowledgeable on every question, issue and thought. She is quick and takes away a lot of the stress that happens on your day. I will always be grateful to her for making my day a wonderful one!

Profile Picture Allan, 10/10/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Destination, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

LOVED Jessica!!! She was our "month of coordinator" for our Sept 2015 wedding and she was awesome!!! She was super personable, has a great sense of humor and was very responsive, and very honest and upfront about things which I appreciated. She was incredibly professional and organized. When it came to connecting and meeting at different points in the process, she was very flexible with my schedule (as I was coming from NYC) and overall goes out of her way to try to be of service. Even our family and friends (and wedding party) made comments about how great (and cool) she was doing rehearsals and on the big day. I am so happy to have had her support throughout and I don't know what I would've done without her. I think I need to throw a party in SB again one day just so I can hang with her again!! Seriously, would highly recommend!!! She is the best of the best!

Profile Picture Sireenah, 9/12/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Destination, Non-Religious

Jessica is an amazing event planner. She planned and coordinate my wedding this June at Westmont and the Double Tree in Santa Barbara and I could not have been happier. I recommend her highly and will ask her in a heart beat to plan any event I might put on in the future. Jessica is organized, has great visions for spaces, communicates back quickly and really knows what she is doing. Whatever needs to be done, she will make it happen..no matter how crazy and no matter how little time. One of our wedding guests that interacted with Jessica during the reception said it well. She said “Jessica is always one step and one thought ahead, which allows her to make things run smoothly and people to feel taken care of.”

Jessica has a great eye for what goes well together. Even after all of the planning, table linen renting, and decoration selection, I didn’t have a totally clear picture of what it would all look like together...but Jessica clearly did because when I peeked in the ballroom before guests entered, I was flabbergasted. I honestly could not believe how gorgeous and elegant the space looked. It was a beautiful, soulful day and the aesthetics and atmosphere of the room mirrored the day nicely.

Beyond being a great planner and executing those plans seemingly flawlessly during the event, Jessica is a fun person to work with. She is down to earth, has a great, big personality, is low stress (not sure how she pulls that off!) and planning meetings felt less like planning and more like throwing around ideas with a friend. I highly recommend that anyone planning a large event or a wedding contact Jessica at Bijoux events!

Profile Picture Kendra, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

When my husband and I first met Jessica Kuipers, we both fell in love with her vivacious sparkling charm, wit and infectiously bubbly personality. It is so absolutely clear that she loves what she does. Whenever (which turned out to be many a time) we were overwhelmed but how much was coming our way, either on one of our looong pixelated Skype calls or in person, the white knight (AKA Jessica) would come and magically make everything come together. With a smile on her face! That's not only the ultimate sense of duty, but also a true example of how to live life looking at all glasses, no matter their shape or size, 3/4th full or more.

As Jessica says, what she does is a labor of love, and man does it show! We were often (especially towards the end of our planning road) baffled and a little bit ashamed at our failure to figure out when she had time to sleep, let raise the two cutest children ever. And we'd become only more baffled when we remembered we weren't her only clients! How she did it remains a mystery.

We have been taught to give honest feedback, and that means the good and the perfectible. But, we just couldn't come up with any fault. None. Jessica is amazing. Stunning and exemplary. Over the course of our entire wedding weekend, from the moment we arrived to Santa Barbara, there was something in the air whispering reassuringly "nope, don't worry, it's all taken care of". Friday's loungy Welcome Drinks (at a venue recommended by Jessica) were perfect! Saturday morning's Mass glorious. Saturday evening and night, with climate change and a vicious weather god playing around with Gulf of Mexico hurricane weather in pristine Santa Barbara, Jessica was tested yet again, now in the ultimate improvisational skill: how to react to gushes of wind 5x above design for the dinner space. She shined.

What can we say. When there are too many words, there are not enough words. We will be forever grateful.

Profile Picture User5623047, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Destination, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Words can't begin to describe how incredible Jessica at Bijoux Events is but I'll give it a try! From the moment we had our first phone conversation to our first in person meeting, we hit it off. It truly felt like I was planning our wedding with an old friend. She listened to what we wanted, made great suggestions, and was always available when we needed her. Being the professional she is and acting as a liason between us and the vendors (many which she recommended and they had glowing things to say about her), she made the planning process go so much more smoothly than I could have imagined.

The weekend of our wedding, she was a rockstar. For the rehearsal, she was organized, managed the multiple kids in the wedding party with patience and a smile. She kept me and my fiance calm the following days when rain and thunderstorms made their way into the forecast and made sure to have a Plan B. Thankfully we didn't need it and the day turned out perfect. Jessica brought all our details together flawlessly and even improved on details I hadn't thought of. She truly is an exceptional wedding planner and we couldn't have gotten through the day without her.

Profile Picture Malia , 8/3/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica is truly the best! From the moment we first talked over the phone, I knew I was in great hands! Even though I hired her as my month-of coordinator, she was there every step of the way to help me with the planning process! She helped me with everything from picking my florist to getting a stain out of one of my bridesmaids' dresses only moments before we walked down the aisle. She is a pleasure to be around and makes everything that much easier for the bride! Everyone commented on how calm I was during the wedding, and I have Jessica to thank for that!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/21/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Working with Bijoux Events for my wedding was an incredible experience. Jessica and her staff helped create a wedding that was more amazing than anything I could have ever dreamed of. They are professional, creative, energetic and a lot of fun to work with. I highly recommend Bijoux Events for any event you are looking to plan.

Profile Picture Nirali, 6/8/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I highly recommend Jessica and Bijoux Events. We wouldn't have been able to make it down the aisle without her.

Jessica was professional and engaged throughout our wedding planning process. She was always willing to give support and guidance, and she was always available. She is a triple threat- she is personable, which allowed her to successfully manage all of the different personalities in our wedding group. She is also detail oriented- we never had to worry about the "little" things. And finally, she is experienced and knows what works and what doesn't. We felt safe using Jessica and her staff and our wedding could not have been more perfect.

We owe so much to Bijoux events for helping us through the wedding planning process. She truly is a exceptional wedding planner.

Profile Picture User4172211, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator. We fell in love with Jessica from the first time we spoke to her on the phone. We knew we had to have her help plan our dream wedding. Our wedding turned out even better than we ever could have imagined. She knew our vision and always lead us in the right direction with all of our vendors. Even our family and friends commented on how great our vendors were and noticed how we actually built relationships with each and every one of them. This was all due to Jessica knowing our personalities and who would work best with us.

Jessica was always so organized, professional, and down-to-earth. She was very honest about everything which made it easier for us to make decisions for our wedding. We were so happy with how everything went on our wedding day and couldn't have asked for a better person to work with. She really makes wedding planning that much easier. I would highly recommend Jessica and Bijoux Events to anyone who wants to have their dream wedding.

Profile Picture Cathy, 3/29/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Bijoux Events is truly an amazing find. She literally helped me with every detail and made my wedding day a dream come true. This is definitely the company to have when planning a wedding or any event really.

Profile Picture Stacie, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica did an amazing job planning our wedding. She had great creative ideas and the team / connections to pull it off! We were beyond pleased with our wedding weekend from start to finish.

Profile Picture User4188234, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica was everything I needed in a wedding coordinator. I was fortunate to know her before I even got engaged, and always said "when I get married, I will definitely call you". And I was glad I did! She was not only full of amazing ideas, she really made my vision come to life. She was always reliable, and took charge in areas I needed her to. She had fabulous ideas and great resources. She was my wedding coordinator, but most of all she was my my voice of reason, my shoulder to cry on, my counselor and friend (because let's be real..weddings aren't ever as easy to plan while having 20 opinions in your ear). Thank you, Jess, for making mine and Bobby's day more special than we could ever imagine!

Profile Picture Erin, 8/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica at Bijoux Events coordinated my wedding in Santa Barbara in Aug. 2013. She was great to work with, and I would recommend her services. Here are some of what I felt like were her major strengths:
1) She was always easy to reach and quick to respond.
2) She did a great job of organizing a lot of vendors
3) She knows how to make things look good. I had a general idea of the vibe/ aesthetic I wanted for the wedding, but didn't really know how to but it all together. Jessica did a great job of translating my vague vision into a gorgeous, cohesive real-world wedding.
4) Jessica really shined on the day of the wedding-- she had everything totally in hand, and I never had to worry about anything. I got to be relaxed and focused on getting married, without having to think about anything going on behind the scenes, which is exactly how it should be :)

Profile Picture User4033538, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I am so glad we found Jessica Kuipers at Bijoux Events to help us with our wedding! She was a blast to work with and I really felt like we clicked and understood each other. She and her team had a ton of knowledge and a great working relationship with our venue. Thanks to her, our wedding day went smoothly and we were able to relax. My parents were so grateful that they didn't have to stress about small details on this important day. Several members of the wedding party also commented on how amazing Jessica was. Bijoux Events provided amazing value for the money and I recommend them enthusiastically! Don't bother looking anywhere else - Jessica is the best, period.

Profile Picture User4030648, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

With regards to our wedding, Jessica was without a doubt one of the best decisions we ever made. From our initial meeting several months before the big day through the very end of our wedding night, Jessica was there for us with a warm and helpful response to all our questions. She was courteous, thoughtful and perhaps most importantly a problem solver. With a 28 person wedding party, she rose to the challenge with a smile and made it all come together without a hitch. We highly recommend Jessica 100%!!!

Profile Picture Shaun, 9/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Jessica is amazing!! She and her staff are so fun, helpful, and organized, they made it so easy for me to be able to just enjoy being with my new husband, family, and friends on our wedding day. I didn't have to worry about a thing and the day was as wonderful as I could ever have imagined. Working with Jessica and Bijoux Events was an absolute dream!!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 8/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

From the moment that our phone consultation ended, I felt as though I had made a new friend. Jessica's bubbly personality is contagious! But even more impressive is her professionalism, attention to detail, and industry expertise! Coupled with friendly and firm vendor management skills, and vendor networking capabilities, Jessica is a one stop shop when it comes to event management.

Throughout the process, Jessica knew that my schedule was busy with work and wedding planning, and made every effort to accommodate my requests via e-mail. This was especially helpful considering I lived 6 hours away from my venue. From final contract reviews, facilitating last minute amendments to my lighting & party rentals needs - every issue was addressed, even things I never even thought to consider, or things I didn't know I even needed. As a result, not one moment in my year of wedding planning did I ever become an infamous bridezilla! I've got to say, that's something I'm profoundly proud of.

Come wedding weekend, Jessica and her staff facilitated the rehearsal, set up, pre-wedding, wedding, and post-wedding events SEAMLESSLY. My family loved her, my now-husband loved her, and most importantly, I loved her! From making sure that the groom and I didn't cross paths before the ceremony, to helping the tipsy groom locate his "missing" jeep that was never at the venue to begin with, Jessica had everything under control. I didn't have to worry about A THING. I was the effortless bride, and more relaxed than I ever thought I would be on my very special day. I soaked in every moment, enjoyed the company of my guests, and giggled in moments when Jessica, in full stealth mode, would pass by and whisper "Do you need anything? Are you okay? Thumbs up?" - she calls them "drive by's".

Bottom line is that you want to feel a sense of trust and confidence that your wedding coordinator will bring your concept to fruition. Jessica did that. To Jessica and her amazing staff, thank you.

Profile Picture Rowena, 8/18/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Bijoux Events is great for a wedding that's medium-sized and up! Jessica is so very competent and energetic! We don't know what we would have done without her. From the vendors to etiquette, to the details of set-up and decor, there was not a single thing that she and her team did that was more than satisfactory to us. The most important part is that she understands the human element so well. She knows the trials and tribulations of wedding planning so well that she can make sure the event stays on schedule, the guests are having a good time, and the bride and groom aren't overwhelmed. A must-hire!

Profile Picture User1662435, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Bijoux events made our wedding all come together- and stress free on our wedding day! Jessica was amazing, reasonable with all of my families strange requests and really relieved a lot of stress off the bride, she made me feel like a princess! Even after the wedding we misplaced very important passports for our honeymoon and Jessica responded imeadiately and found out exactly where we put them in less than 5 minutes. I highly recommend bijoux events

Profile Picture Alex, 7/22/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

What an absolute JOY having found Bijoux Events! Jessica has a talent unlike any other- she is professional, yet so personable. Working with her through what is the most beautiful, yet stressful time of my life was a thrill- she catered to any need that I vocalized. Her thoroughness shows in the work that she produces- she provides a timeline of events for the rehearsal & the day of the wedding to not only me & my groom, but to the entire bridal party, parents, etc. I would definitely recommend Bijoux Events to anyone who is lucky enough to be in the Santa Barbara, or surrounding, area!

Profile Picture Shilpa, 9/3/11, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I very much enjoyed working with Jessica and Bijoux Events on our wedding last summer. She was very knowledgeable about weddings, knew many vendors in the Ojai/Santa Barbara/Ventura area and was an expert on our wedding venue. It was very helpful to work with a wedding planner who knew so much about our venue and was able to anticipate issues ahead of time and suggest beautiful additions to the wedding that she had seen done before.

Jessica is a very nice person but was also able to really lead the day. She is also the type of person who will make sure things are taken care of, whatever the task may be.

I would definitely suggest enlisting Bijoux Events services!

Profile Picture User1139595, 2+ years ago, 1 Review