BIG FUN Brass Band Reviews

12 Reviews for BIG FUN Brass Band

• Graham

Graham Tuttle · Married on 08/10/2019

Great, reliable band!

They helped make our wedding special by giving our guests a unique New Orleans experience. They are organized, reliable, easy to work with, affordable, and the band is excellent. We highly recommend Big Fun Brass Band!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Hey Graham,
    Thanks a ton! We had a blast playing for you guys. Thanks for being so easy to work with!

Rise · Married on 04/06/2019

Big Fun Brass Band Awesomeness!

These guys were amazing! We had so much fun during our second line - I think it was the highlight of the wedding. It was so easy to plan with them, too. They did all the hard work (routes and permits, etc. ) which was super helpful for a busy bride. Great experience. I highly recommend them for any occasion.

Sent on 04/25/2019

BIG FUN Brass Band's reply:

Rise! Yall were great and easy to work with and we all had a blast playing for you guys =D

Thanks for the recommendation. Best of luck to yall in the future!

Duval Salvant · Married on 11/23/2018

BIG FUN Killed it at my wedding

Big Fun played my entire reception and they rocked it! They were super easy to work with, and they let us know what was going on every step of the way. As a professional musician and high school band director, I can say that this group is the real deal. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Daniel

Daniel Donegan · Married on 11/09/2018

Wedding band and second line parade

We hired these guys after seeing them play at Krewe.

Because we are from New Zealand we had to organise all via email and only met them 30 minutes before the ceremony in New Orleans.

They learned two cover songs for our first dance in addition to their traditional set list which was used for the second line parade and after we got back.

I couldn’t recommend more highly for their professionalism and ability.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Dean · Married on 11/03/2018

Big Fun Brass was Fantastic!

Our wedding was destination, we found Big Fun Brass through reviews. After speaking with and emailing Corey and David we booked them for our ceremony and 2nd line. After doing some planning we decided to ask them to create our 2nd line route and submit the paperwork. David was so responsive and everything was organized perfectly. The ceremony and 2nd line were simply amazing and the band was flexible when things got a little off schedule. I would recommend them to everyone, especially out of towners because you can be at ease knowing they've planned everything and are punctual and professional. If we ever get to do another event in New Orleans we will definitely be booking with them!!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Hey!

Thanks so much for your business We had a great time performing for yall, and I really appreciate you taking the time to work with me, and to write us this nice review!

Thanks again,

David

Lisa Chirichiello · Married on 10/15/2018

The best!

AMAZING!! Booked second line for corporate event this past week and it was the perfect way to start off the night and get guests excited! Big Fun Brass Band was so great to work with... detailed, prompt responses, on-time, professional, pricing. Would 100% highly recommend for any event, wedding, etc. Cannot say enough good things about them.

Sent on 10/18/2018
  • Candache

Candace · Married on 10/05/2018

What an amazing evening

My husband and I had a LONG engagement, so we had 2 years of planning. We found Big Fun Brass about 6 months into our engagement and are SO glad we did! I worked with Corey to secure booking and had them set up all the permits and route details, as
    I was planning the wedding from New York, and it was very difficult for me to juggle all the small details of planning from afar.
    They are an extremely talented group (we had the 5 piece band play for our second line and 1/2 hour upon return to venue. There seemed to be a small amount of confusion after the second line as they were supposed to continue playing inside for our cocktail half hour, and being a nervous bride I has a small panic attack when i saw them walking away from the venue after the second line and had my photographer chase after them to make sure they came in.
    I am not sure what transpired, but no matter, because they came in and played a spectacular set for us and our guests couldn't stop commenting on how amazing they were, going as far as to say they were one of the best brass bands they've ever heard, and my husband and I couldn't have agreed more! They were excellent and I highly recommend you book them for your wedding, or event.

Sent on 10/16/2018

Katelyn · Married on 05/24/2015

Corey and his team did a phenomenal job! I always wanted a saxophone for my outdoor ceremony and that turned out perfect! We then had a second line and a cocktail hour with the band. Everything went soooo smoothly, I couldn't have asked for more from the wedding day! My only suggestion is to add a package where they can handle the second line accommodations. I had no idea what to do or where the second line should take place (it ended up being a little to long for some people).

Sent on 09/22/2015

Bonnie · Married on 04/04/2015

Working with Corey was a delight. We picked most of the songs for a solo sax (ceremony) and trio (cocktails and dinner), and all went as planned. They were professional and festive.

Sent on 04/15/2015

Kelly · Married on 10/12/2013

Big Fun Brass Band was excellent to work with in every stage of the planning and execution of our wedding/reception. David, the leader, was very professional in the quoting and contracting and assured us that his band was top notch and reliable, with backup musicians at the ready. You can work with him to get the right size and sound that you are looking for.

Our guests loved their performance and there were no problems on the day of. They were on time and ready to go.

We would highly recommend Big Fun Brass Band.

Sent on 12/08/2013

Amy · Married on 06/04/2011

These guys are new on the scene, but their 9-piece band plays big band swing music with a New Orleans feel. I got the most compliments from wedding guests about BIG FUN than any other vendor. In fact, I'm pretty sure some of the guests hung around for the entire reception just to listen to them.

BIG FUN is a group of students/former music students from SELU, led by David Will. They did a spectacular job with my wedding reception, were easy to contact, and were very flexible (I booked them with two weeks' notice - oversight on my part).

Love them!

Sent on 08/04/2011

BIG FUN was the hit of our wedding. All the guests loved their music, and they had people dancing from the moment the reception started. They were extremely professional and easy to work with and were willing to bring in some different instruments/band members so that they could do both more classical music for my ceremony in addition to more traditional brass band music for the reception. The value was great for the quality that we received -- their prices were definitely lower than other brass bands in the area. They were also wiling to work with us to play any songs that we specifically requested. I highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/03/2014