Big Day Celebrations Reviews

79 Reviews for Big Day Celebrations

• Rebecca

Rebecca P. · Getting married on 06/07/2022

BDC is Stronger than Train Smoke

Katie at Big Day Celebrations took all of the worry out of our wedding planning. She made us feel like our wedding was the most important thing in the world to her! The result was a beautiful event, more than we could have even hoped for! She considered every detail, she took our Pinterest board and inspiration photos and crafted an event that exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 08/15/2020
  • Meredith

Meredith W. · Getting married on 12/08/2021

Glacier National Park Wedding during COVID

We honestly don't have the words to tell you how wonderful Katie is! We gave her nothing to go off in terms of what we wanted. We told her wildflowers, Glacier National Park mugs and that we liked orange more than pink, from that she created our dream wedding. Everything was PERFECT! She didn't let one email go unanswered and she treated us like we were her best friends, it was awesome. We had already had to re-scheduled our wedding once before the pandemic so Katie was not about to let that happen to us again. Since my husband and I are both scientist and working on COVID research we wanted to be extra cautious to make sure everyone stayed healthy. Katie helped keep us calm with all our worries due to the pandemic and basically re-planned the whole wedding with all the pre-cautions we wanted to add to the wedding. (She didn't even blink an eye and just said yes of course we can do anything you want.) Our family and friends loved Katie, she was the perfect fit. IF we had to do all over again we would choose Katie again hands down in a second. If you choose Katie we promise you will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Jordan

Julie S. · Getting married on 09/11/2021

Our Absolute Favorite Vendor!

Katie has been an absolute pleasure to work with and constantly went above and beyond to help my fiancé and I navigate the wedding planning experience. Our venue referred us to Katie as she used to work at our venue and she was the first vendor we picked after securing the venue. From the get-go, Katie referred us to phenomenal vendors, dealt with our seemingly never-ending questions, and was a source of calm throughout the entire process.

Our wedding was initially scheduled for March 2020 but COVID-19 had other plans for us. We made the decision to delay the wedding less than two weeks from our date and Katie stepped up to help us coordinate the date change, going above and beyond to find a new date with our venue and other vendors. She was able to find a date that everyone was able except for her so she helped us find a new day-of-event coordinator. We had to reschedule a second time due to a second flair of COVID-19 and Katie stepped up again, even though she wasn't working with us at that point. Our replacement coordinator wasn't available for our new (third) date but Katie has taken us back under her wings and we can't be more excited to work with her again.

If you're considering working with any other coordinator: don't. Katie is such a pleasure to work with that there's no change you'll regret having her on your team!

Sent on 07/05/2020
  • Gabby

Gabby O. · Married on 07/03/2021

Simply the best - book her!

Katie is amazing! I planned my Montana wedding from the east coast during COVID, which was extra challenging, but Katie was there for me every step of the way. I love to plan and was able to handle most of the vendor booking on my own, but when the caterer we'd been in talks with for months backed out and I reached out to Katie distraught, she got back to me immediately with a cool head and several backups to reach out to - and within a week we had a new caterer! This was also the first time she'd worked our venue, but you'd never know it - she and Joe were so on top of everything. Everyone warned me, no matter how much you plan things will inevitably go wrong on the day, and I was waiting for it to happen... but it all ran so smoothly, I was shocked! Now the running joke in our family is that the biggest problem we had on our wedding day was the bartender running out of limes. Also, we got married during the crazy NW heat wave and our ice was melting way faster than we expected, but by the time Katie made me aware of this, it was a total non-issue as she had Joe run out right before the ceremony and get a bunch more ice for us. They are such a great team! We partied really late (past 1AM) and Katie and Joe must've been there until 2AM clearing the reception area and organizing stuff for us. She really goes above and beyond to make sure your wedding goes smoothly and that everything (even the morning-after cleanup) is stress free! BOOK HER NOW!

Sent on 07/21/2021
  • Andrew

Andrew A. · Married on 06/01/2021

Katie's the best!

It's been a little over a month since our wedding and we're still dreaming about it - what an amazing day! Katie helped get us there through all the questions, bookings, decision making, and timeline creating, with impeccable responsiveness, expert knowledge, and positive energy. We also greatly appreciated her flexible service tiers!

We felt like we weren't just working with a proper professional, but also a true friend. And she was always going the extra mile, whether it be pinning boutonnieres, assembling the cake, or blowing up 100 helium balloons! You cannot go wrong having Big Day Celebrations plan and coordinate your wedding - we wish we could still call her up to help us with everyday life!

Sent on 02/29/2020

Lynsey C. · Married on 11/07/2020

Wonderful experience, so worth it!!!

Katie made our wedding day stress free and seamless. She is very hands on, has loads of experience and made decision making easy. Having Big Day Celebrations assist us in planning our special day was so totally worth it and I would do it all again!!!! If you’re debating on whether or not a wedding planner is worth it, let me tell you IT IS!!!! Thank you Katie and Joe for helping to make our day great! Love you guys!!

- Lynsey and Mike

Sent on 11/14/2020

Sheridan T. · Married on 08/08/2020

Katie is awesome! Highly recommend!

Cannot say enough great things about Katie, and our wedding was cancelled...TWICE! She was incredibly helpful /responsive/accommodating during the wedding planning process and was went above and beyond when we made the tough decision to cancel for the first time. She reached out to all our vendors and provided us dates that worked best for the majority of our vendors in order to make the re-planning process smooth for our new date. Unfortunately we decided to cancel again due to Covid but know that Katie and her husband would've been amazing coordinators!! Cannot recommend enough!

Sent on 03/03/2021

Lauren Z. · Married on 02/22/2020

Wonderful Planner/Coordinator !

I cannot express my appreciation and love for Katie !!! She was SO amazing throughout the entire planning and wedding process! Anything I asked she always said yes to make whatever I wanted happen to the best of her ability! Her personality is so positive and easy going even during the stress of the wedding! She made me comfortable knowing everything was handled and under control, which was soooo important as it allowed me to just enjoy the day and not have to worry about anything! Thank you again so so so so so much!!

Sent on 02/23/2020
  • Lindsey

Lindsey L. · Married on 02/12/2020

Stop searching, Big Day Celebrations is the perfect planner team. Do not pass them up.

First of all, if you are looking for a wedding planner, just stop now because your search for the perfect planner is finished! HIRE BIG DAY CELEBRATIONS! Katie is absolutely amazing and she and Joe are an awesome team. She is the perfect combination of bubbly and optimistic while always remaining a calm, profession problem-solver that covers all bases.
    We hired her as a day of coordinator, but honestly that package is more like a month of coordination. On top of normal day of coordinator duties, she was there constantly helping answer questions, sending out reminders of all the little things that needed to be done by the bride and groom (like when its time to get your marriage licence, etc), and was there for emotional support phone calls when needed (hello family wedding stress

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Megan

Megan C. · Married on 01/07/2020

By Far The BEST Wedding Planner EVER!

Where do I even start with Katie! She was beyond amazing in every single way. I started planning my micro wedding in advance 18 months, from our very first conversation, I just felt like Katie was my friend! She always kept in touch and never left me up in the air on any little detail. She handled everything with such grace, compassion and ease.

Never once during this entire process was I stressed. From the beginning she told me to just “show up” on our wedding day and that is what we did! I don’t have any style, or taste, so I gave her some colors and ideas and she just ran with it. The set-up, the food, the flowers, the décor EVERYTHING was breathtaking. Our micro wedding was something out of a magazine, something that I could have NEVER done on my own.

Katie handled everything. If there was ever a hiccup she handled it. At the wedding she was such a pleasure to be around, she was so positive, fun, happy and helpful. She felt like a best friend throughout this entire process. I honestly did not think a wedding planner would EVER be as great as Katie was. If you have any thoughts about hiring a planner DO IT she was worth every single penny and more!

I was really sad when the planning process came to an end, it was like a bad breakup not working with Katie anymore. She made my micro wedding the most amazing experience of my life, it was what dreams are made of! We love her so much and you will too!

Sent on 08/07/2020

Kimberly R. · Married on 12/08/2019

Flawless and fun!

I completely lucked out by my florist recommending Katie! She is wonderful in every way and exceeded all of my expectations. Knowing what I know now, I would’ve booked my wedding around when she was available. She made my wedding FUN and CAREFREE. I am forever grateful for her! She was always super responsive, positive, and resourceful. If ever a problem arose, she would come to me with solutions immediately. When my fiancé decided he wanted a car service a few days before the wedding Katie booked one for us in under an hour. Katie is incredible. Do yourself the biggest favor and HIRE HER. Her husband Joe is also a delight. Truly a dream team that made my wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 12/13/2019
  • Falyn

Falyn · Married on 11/09/2019

Just what I needed

My venue contracted with several coordinators, but the moment I met Katie, I knew she was perfect for us (me especially). Her energy and passion are contagious. I explained that I had a good idea for most everything I wanted. Katie let me do my thing, but was always incredibly fast with her responses when I had questions. Throughout our yearlong planning process, she recommended vendors, calmed my nerves in the random moments of panic, and helped me navigate and problem solve issues. At our final meeting, she asked questions about everything to ensure she knew exactly what we wanted down to the tiniest details. On the big day, she was the perfect blend of positivity, peace, and focus. We talked through the decor, and she put it all out exactly how I hoped. She kept everything on track and never broke a sweat (even when the dogs rolled in cow poop just before the ceremony). She and her husband, Joe, cleaned up and packed up at the end of the night which allowed us and our parents to just enjoy our time. I worked hard to plan our day, and I cannot imagine the pressure of taking that off of a bride and having to put it all into place, but Katie executed my vision perfectly. My husband, my parents, my party, and I would all recommend her and Joe to anyone planning a wedding. You cannot go wrong with Big Day Celebrations!

Sent on 01/28/2020
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 07/06/2019

Hire katie!

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Katie is, hands own, the BEST at what she does. I booked Katie for our day of coordination. She went so far above and beyond what I'd ever expected that I am just floored. What an amazing person and professional.

To start, she came to Montana and worked our wedding like she'd been in Montana her whole life. She'd clearly done her homework. She was prepared. She worked with our venue which (much to our surprise) had never before hosted a wedding. She coordinated everything with our photographer, our bridal party, our caterers, our DJ, transportation and so much more. She was able to wrangle everything no questions asked. She set up and took down. She did so much that I never ever expected her to do. And it made my day literally perfect.

She cured any/all hiccups and I didn't have to worry at all - and really, I didn't know much about it either because she was so freaking ON THE BALL about all of it.

Literally the best money I spent on the entire wedding (no exaggeration - if I had to do it again and had to choose between even my dress and Katie, I'd get married in rags just to be able to keep Katie).

Katie is meant for this business. She is so sweet and kind and funny and complementary and organized, prepared and has such amazing customer service skills. I loved her so much I just wanted her to join in the wedding festivities like all my friends. I can never, ever say enough positive about her. HIRE HER! She is worth the weight of a million elephants, in gold!

Sent on 07/19/2019
  • Paula

Paula · Married on 04/06/2019

More like an old friend than a coordinator!

If you’re looking for a wedding planner or day of coordinator, stop looking now because you’ve found her! Katie was super helpful from the day I inquired about day of coordination services. I was planning my wedding from another state and all her recommendations and help were needed and appreciated since I couldn’t meet with vendors in person. Every correspondence between her and I felt genuine and she never hesitated to answer any question no matter how big or small. Her client portal is something I checked frequently, as it was such a wealth of information! From the timeline/checklist, gratuity cheat sheet, and answering questions about ourselves as a couple, you can tell she cares about her couples and wants your day to be a success. On the big day, she set everything up perfectly and made sure things went according to schedule and as planned. Whenever we seemed to be wondering “what’s next” or had a question or need she appeared almost out of nowhere like she could read our faces! She instantly felt like an old friend rather than a day of coordinator and I can’t imagine anyone else helping us on our big day. If anything went wrong on wedding day, I had absolutely no idea, and I can’t thank her enough for all the help, guidance, and compassion she showed us!

Sent on 04/14/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen M. · Married on 03/23/2019

Phenomenal Wedding Planner

Katie was superwoman the day of our wedding and we cannot thank her enough. If anything did go wrong, we had no idea because we were never made aware of it, they were just fixed. From the time we started planning our wedding, we were unsure if we needed a wedding planner. As the wedding day got closer (about a month out) we realized we could not be at two places at once. Our wonderful florist Andie at The Flower Studio recommended Katie and she did not disappoint. Katie was very accommodating and organized. We had one face to face meeting to go over scheduling and questions and everything else was via email. My vendors all complimented Katie and how organized she was when we chatted with them the week leading up to our wedding. Katie was everywhere on our wedding day and always made sure everything was running smoothly. Katie and her husband moved tables under the tent and shimmed them to account for the slope of the grass to make sure we were happy and our guests were comfortable. She was always there asking if we needed anything and kept us on schedule even if we did take a LONG time to chat and say hi to everyone. Katie did not rush us or make us feel like we were ruining her time line. She said it was our day and we could take the time we needed. That special time with friends and family who traveled meant the world to us. At the end of the night everything was organized and put into cars and ready to leave. Thank you, Katie, for making sure our wedding day was a dream come true, it would not have run so smoothly without you!

Sent on 04/09/2019
  • heather

Heather · Married on 03/09/2019

Big Day Celebrations- Best Decision

My husband and I couldn't have better things to say about working with Katie and her husband. Although we only hired Katie for day of coordinator she went above and beyond our expectations. She constantly made herself available through out the planning process and was a constant source of resources and helpful tips.

On our wedding day I knew I had nothing to worry about. Katie and her husband, Joe, were on top of every detail. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding coordinator and we are so grateful that we picked Big Day Celebrations to guide us through such an important day.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Lauren B. · Married on 03/01/2019

Katie is amazing!

We LOVED Katie. There aren’t enough wonderful things I can say about her! She kept me organized and focused up until wedding day, and was an absolute life saver the day of! We had some last minute unexpected occurrances and Katie took FULL control, calmed our nerves and handled everything with grace and confidence! She’s amazing and we would hire her AGAIN and again!! ❤️

Sent on 03/05/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 02/23/2019

The Best Decision You Can Make

My now-husband and I planned our Florida wedding from Chicago while working full-time and balancing other responsibilities. Since we were paying for the wedding ourselves, we were looking for ways to cut costs and almost didn't hire a planner. But once we met Katie, with her infectious energy, calming presence and impeccable attention to detail, we knew it would be money well spent--and was it ever. Throughout the entire process, she was present, helpful, upbeat, professional, and SO on the ball (ex. she reminded us 3 months out to apply for our marriage license and helped facilitate that remotely. We probably wouldn't even be legally married right now if it weren't for her, let's be honest).

She was knowledgeable about the venue, had (or developed) relationships with our other vendors to ensure everything ran smoothly, and was hyper-organized--all while staying true to our vision and letting us make the final call after providing her own insight, never being pushy or trying to guide us in any direction except the one we wanted to go in.

I was fully overwhelmed the day before the wedding, and called Katie nearly in tears to nail down final logistics. She could tell I was not OK and was able to talk me down, assuring me everything would be perfect--and seeing how thoroughly aware she was of all the little details and how committed she was to making my dream wedding a reality, I felt a huge weight off my shoulders. Sure enough, the day came and went and everyone was blown away by how organized, professional, and just dang wonderful to be around Katie was.

If you're on the fence about a planner/coordinator, take it from me--it'll make your life sooo much easier, and what better thing to spend your budget on than peace of mind? And there's no one I could imagine doing a more perfect job than Katie and Big Day Celebrations.

Sent on 06/09/2019

Christina B. · Married on 02/17/2019

Kind, caring, organized, best hire!

Hiring Katie and team was the best thing we did for our special day! At first, I was unsure if I should make the investment. I am pretty organized and like things a particular way. I was worried about having someone else take that over and execute it on the big day. After meeting Katie, all my worries went away and I knew she was the perfect person to make sure all my hard work fell into place perfectly. We trusted her instantly and she completely understood the vision. Katie is so attentive, responsive and knows the industry. She was SO MUCH MORE than a day of planner. She answered every question along the way and created the most well thought through schedule for our day and all our vendors. On our actual wedding I had not ONE THING to worry about. The wedding night was flawless....Not one glitch and I truly owe it to Katie and BDC! Thank for sharing your talent with us!

Sent on 02/24/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 02/16/2019

Thinks of everything

The first time I ever talked to Katie she was bright and kind and she made my day better that day and every time we interacted after that. Our wedding was perfect and went so smoothly because Katie was somehow *everywhere* doing everything that needed to be done and we are so so grateful. Katie thought of everything. Also I got chocolate ice cream on my wedding dress and Katie pulled me aside and got the stain out before I could stress about it. If you like Harry Potter just think about when Hermione gets the time turner and uses it to fix everyone’s problems and save the day- that’s what BDC is like for your wedding. THANK YOU

Sent on 02/24/2019
  • Ashli

Ashli C. · Married on 01/26/2019

Book this one!!!!

Best experience ever!!!
    There are so many great things to say about Katie from Big Day:
    Told her once and it was done.
    Went above and beyond the call of duty.
    Vendors commented on how she reached out to them and coordinated everything. We barley even spoke to vendors after Big Day came on board, they handled everything
    Captured all our requested and created a timeline of events that helped us organize and schedule the day.
    Throughout and quick to respond to emails, questions and inquiries.
    Incredible attention to details.
    Organized, and punctual and will listen to your requests and capture them.
    Great energy!
    Her and her husband made our vision come to life!

Sent on 02/07/2019

Schyler R. · Married on 12/15/2018

Absolutely Amazing!! Definitely Book!!

Katie was absolutely phenomenal and I couldn't imagine my wedding without her guidance!!! She is such a lovely and wonderful person!!! She went above and beyond my expectations. She was organizing details well beforehand and really helped me to see the full picture of my wedding. And when it came to the big day, I truly felt comfortable knowing that my wedding was in her hands. We had such an amazing time and I would highly recommend booking with her!!!

Sent on 01/20/2019
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 11/09/2018

Best money we spent. Katie is your person!

First, if you’re wondering if you need a day-of wedding coordinator, trust me you do! Secondly, Katie is your person! I knew she would be amazing after our first phone conversation where she thoroughly answered all my questions. I hung up the phone feeling a sense of relief and full of excitement. Although we purchased the “day-of coordinator” package, Katie was available to answer all my questions or give me feedback via e-mail or phone during our whole wedding planning process. She helped me with my day-of timeline, she gave me suggestions for vendors, and she gave me some ideas when I wasn’t sure about some element of the planning process. It was like having a super-knowledgeable and supportive friend there whenever I needed. She was SUPER responsive, sometimes getting back to my e-mails within minutes. It was amazing! Katie also jumps in 6 weeks leading up to the wedding to handle all vendor communication, timelines, payment, etc. During this time, I was going on my bachelorette party, having my bridal shower, and handling all the final details leading up to the wedding like guest lists, table assignments, and dress fittings. It was so great to have Katie there to assist with the vendor management and make sure nothing was missed.
    In our meeting before the wedding, Katie took the time to be at our venue walk-through, listen to my concerns, come up with solutions, and reassure me. I truly felt heard and at no time, even after asking another question “just to be sure”, did I feel like I was being annoying or overly specific. She was an absolute JOY!
    On the wedding day, the reception was set up just as I had pictured. Every last detail was handled as though it was magic. I had a special video that I wanted played as tribute to my dad during the brother/sister dance and Katie worked with the vendor to make sure it was set up and played just right. She is organized, detail-oriented, and above all a positive and fun person to have by your side on your wedding day! Oh, and at the end of the evening, everything was packed away neatly in our boxes even better we had brought them. Look no further, Katie and her husband with Big Day Celebrations are your people!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Tiffany K. · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely Incredible!

Thank you sooo much for making our dream wedding come to life!! I can’t say enough amazing things about Katie! She is an absolute rockstar wedding planner!! She was there every step of the way to create a perfectly seamless wedding! During the planning phase, she would respond immediately with perfect solutions to any and all questions! During the wedding she made everything happen seamlessly from vendor organization, to decoration placement, to making my husband and I feel completely relaxed throughout the wedding day! Katie and her husband are like long lost best friends! They are the sweetest couple of all time! I highly recommend planning your wedding with big day celebrations!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Julio · Married on 10/20/2018

A perfect day!

Katie and her husband are an awesome team! Katie is such a sweet person with great energy! We felt completely confident in their ability to keep things running smoothly and they did just that for the wedding! Everything went perfectly! They are very well prepared for anything you may need on wedding day from bobby pins to fix your hair to making sure you have the drink you want at all times! We can’t say enough good things about them and are blessed to have had them as our coordinator on one of the most important days of our lives! We can’t thank them enough for all they did for us!!

Sent on 11/07/2018