Big City Wedding Band Reviews

98 | Boston, MA

98 Reviews for Big City Wedding Band

Jill · Married on 06/11/2011

The Big City Party Band performed at my daughter's wedding this past weekend and they were fabulous!!! Everyone danced the whole night away. So many guests commented on what a great band they were.
    They also provided the music for the wedding ceremony and during the cocktail hour which was also great. Would definitely recommend them for your wedding.

Sent on 06/14/2011

Jillian · Married on 05/23/2011

I really cannot say enough good things about this band! We spoke to Ken many times before the wedding, and he really made sure to take the time to get to know us, as well as the type of wedding reception we wanted, to ensure a great time for our guests. The band's play list is phenomenal, we were so delighted with how many great songs we had to choose from! I can honestly say that the majority of our guests were on the dance floor the whole night...there was no awkward period of just a few people out there at first trying to get others to join in. From the very first song, the dance floor was packed! We received endless compliments on the bands behalf, and still do 2 years later. We were so pleased with Big City Party Band that we are hiring them again for a 50th birthday party! We want the party to be a success, and there was no doubt in our minds who to hire for music for that to be possible! I would recommend this band to anyone with no hesitation! We could not have been any more pleased!

Sent on 10/28/2011

Michael · Married on 07/16/2017

We had Big City perform at our wedding in July 2017 at Castle Hill and they truly made our wedding a night to remember! From the very beginning, we were confident that Ken would be great to work with. Not only did Ken help us to select music but he had great advice on how to make the wedding flow smoothly. Big City's performance was top notch and to this day everyone's first comment is on how great the band was at our wedding. We cannot thank Ken and Big City enough!

Sent on 02/25/2018

BiG CITY was A HUGE hit!!! All of our guests have raved about the band since our wedding day!!! We never wanted the dancing to end!

Sent on 08/09/2015

Brittany · Married on 05/30/2015

WOW is all I can say!!! The Big City Band was absolutely amazing. Words don't do it justice. This band was recommended to us by another band who was already booked for our date, and what a blessing in disguise. We were worried because we never heard them live, but they sent us a complementary CD and skyped with us to answer our questions. On the big day, they fully surpassed any expectations! They kept the party going all night, played a perfect mix of music, and played everything that we had on our must have list (and nothing from the don't play list!). They are super organized and have a very good system for coordinating the whole event. (we made a couple small changes to their typical routine and they were flexible and worked with us to customize our day). We absolutely loved them and can't recommend enough!!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Rebecca · Married on 10/07/2012

We had a great time at our wedding, as did our guests. Big City Band was able to learn two songs for us at the last minute and did a great job learning them. We wanted our guests, of mixed ages, to be up and dancing the whole night, and they were thanks to the quality of the music and the variety of genres they were able to play.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Anne · Married on 06/16/2012

Big City was amazing! They had the entire party dancing all night, including the groom (who has never been much of a dancer). They learned songs for our father/daughter and first dances, and they played all of the fun hits that no one can resist moving to. We got married at a yacht club where weddings happen every year, and we were told by the bartender and event coordinator that Big City was the best band they had ever had there, with the most people dancing they had ever seen. I would recommend Big City to anyone.

Sent on 07/04/2012

Anna · Married on 08/28/2016

Big City was awesome! I would highly recommend them for your event- our guests had a great time and loved the band!

Sent on 12/04/2016
  • User5195713 · 2+ years ago

Big City was fantastic - great band, great value, very professional -- I definitely would recommend.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Kate · Married on 10/19/2013

Ken and the Big City Band rocked the house at our wedding. They sounded amazing and everyone commented that the band made our wedding! They have a huge range of music they can play and they sound great too! They take the time to get to know you and your event so that the evening becomes about you and your guests. They will take the time to learn songs that really mean a lot to you too. I can't recommend them enough. Great people and great musicians! You can't go wrong with this band.

Sent on 03/03/2014

Thomas · Married on 10/13/2013

The Big City Wedding Band was simply a pleasure to work with, and most importantly, they have an amazing sound that really complimented our wedding reception. Ken was extremely helpful during the planning process, taking ample time to hear our thoughts about song selection and tactfully advising us about certain musical planning considerations. They packed a ton of great tunes into a short three hours, bringing big excitement and big sound from the first song until the last. I have no doubt that everyone at our wedding was sore the next morning from the amount of dancing they did, all thanks to the Big City Wedding Band. I would absolutely work with them again in the future, and I highly recommend their services.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Kelly · Married on 08/18/2013

Big City Band is amazing. Their music throughout our wedding was perfect. We had them play classic music during our ceremony, jazz during the cocktail hour and dance music during the reception. They were able to play each type of music well and totally worked with us to provide just the right feel musically during the evening. The reception was particularly great as many of our guests love to dance. Our dance floor was filled with happy guests as Big City Band rocked the tent. They checked in with us throughout the night and were great to work with. I highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/20/2013

They did an outstanding job! We've been to many weddings lately with bands and these guys are by far the best at what they do. Ken made the process a breeze and you can put your trust in Big City Party Band to deliver.

Sent on 08/22/2012

Michael · Married on 10/14/2016

Big City was absolutely fantastic. They had everyone up on the dance floor all night and we can't begin to count the amount of people that came up to us during/after the wedding that were praising the band. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/18/2016

Alessandra · Married on 08/11/2012

3.5

Big City played at my wedding on 8/11 and I don't think there was a person there who didn't comment on how great the band was! We were outside in a tent and it was hot, humid, and sweaty but they were awesome, so much energy, such great songs... Big City had everyone up dancing all night, just like I wanted, and they made it a truly great wedding.

I have to admit I was a little nervous, not having been able to hear them play in person before hiring them. I was just going off the CD they sent me, which I definitely enjoyed, but I have to say that their live performance completely blew me away. The CD just doesn't do them justice! Big City was also very easy to work with, happy to do things the way I wanted to even if it wasn't the traditional way, and gave good suggestions to help make the night run smoothly. Occasionally it might take a few days for them to get back to you, but I had read that in other reviews and never worried about it. Big City was also one of the most reasonably priced bands that we contacted, and I can't imagine spending another few thousand dollars could have possibly made my wedding night any better. Hiring them may have been the best decision we made!

Sent on 08/24/2012

Valerie · Married on 06/10/2012

I cannot imagine having a better band for our wedding! The quality of sound was amazing even though we were outside for the ceremony and cocktail hour, and in a tent for the reception. The vocalists were all great. The band was fun, able to accomodate even my grandma's requet for a polka, and our guests all had a blast. And, Ken Shano could not have been more responsive and helpful in planning our event! He was 100% organized and provided wonderful recommendations for songs and timing of events. Thank you so much Big City for being a part of our wedding day and making it perfect!

Sent on 07/20/2012

John · Married on 07/17/2016

3.0

You can not go wrong with Ken and the Big City Band. Exceptional talent. The band made our wedding a night to remember.

Sent on 01/04/2017

We were very happy with our selection of Big City for our wedding and would definitely recommend them to friends/family. We dealt with Ken leading up to the wedding and actually met him in person twice prior to the wedding (which was very appreciated and is not custom with wedding vendors) where he reviewed through plans for the ceremony and reception. At no point did we have any concerns on reliability (an issue with wedding bands sometimes) and the entire band was very professional (i.e., they don't drink on the job, are not divas about hotel rooms). Ken was at times a little opinionated on how the evening should play out (he was speaking from experience and didn't mean to be pushy), but he was also very flexible and accommodating. For example the set list they played was very much in line with the songs (and types of songs) we requested. Our guests liked them so much we hired them to stay a half hour extra!

While I'm not an expert on wedding bands, Thomas (one of the co-lead singers) has one of the best voices I've ever heard and a great stage presence (the rest of the band was very good too). I would highly recommend Big City to another couple who is getting married and would like a reliable, professional and very talented band!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Jon · Married on 09/17/2011

BEST WEDDING BAND EVER!! Everyone LOVED the music and it was a great surprise that you made the effort (given such short notice) to learn the songs for our father/daughter and mother/son dances. I think at one point, literally all of our guests were on the dance floor, and as you will see from the two stories below, all of Kennebunkport enjoyed your music!

Two Funny Stories

* Katie's parents talked to one of their neighbors who could hear the music so clearly and enjoyed the music so much that they had a dance party on their back patio
    * One of the Kennebunkport Inn keepers told us that they and their friends were going to go to a bar on Sat night, but instead they stayed at their house and danced to your music because it was so good

Sent on 10/17/2011

Catherine · Married on 06/05/2010

We found Big City Band after going to a wedding band showcase at The Purple Shamrock. They were the hit of the night and we were sure they would be booked or too expensive for us. They are managed by a larger company, Best Bands, and we worked with them and the band manager, Ken. Compared to other bands, they were relatively affordable and worked with us to also provide ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music. The music that night was great and they played hit after hit. I admit I was running around a lot but there were always people on the dance floor and my favorite memory is seeing all my wedding guests, late at night doing a conga line while their lead singer sang "We are family." I cannot wait for the wedding video! I took off a couple points because early on we had trouble getting back our copy of the contract and it took multiple calls and emails. Also, most emails seem to need a follow up call to ensure receipt. After a lengthy talk with Ken the day before our wedding about all the details, he called me that night to say he had lost them on his computer and did I have time to talk. I didn't! Thankfully everything went pretty well as planned. I'd love to see them at another wedding!

Sent on 06/30/2010

Christine · Married on 06/15/2013

4.2
      3.0

Big City was the first band we considered for our event, and I'm glad we went with them. They added life to our wedding. They were flexible and even let my husband and I play/sing with them. Ken was a pleasure to work with throughout the process.

Sent on 08/21/2013

3.6
      3.0

This band was great, very talented. Everyone enjoyed dancing. They did not play many of the songs we requested and did play some we requested them not to, so don't spend much time selecting your favorites- it took us forever but it didn't seem to make a difference. Otherwise, the show was a blast, a lot of fun to dance to and they did a great job with our first dance. Musically they are absolutely very, very skilled. We found them somewhat judgmental in terms of our non-traditional wedding, as they kept suggesting we do things we were uncomfortable with, like having the first dance before dinner- they definitely told us a few times that we should not be doing it our way. But if you are having a traditional wedding this should not be an issue, and overall, that doesn't matter much since the music is what counts!

Sent on 11/11/2013

1.8
      1.5
      1.0
      2.0

The band's event coordinator was not good at contacting/communicating with us during the weeks leading up to the wedding. They announced people in the wedding party incorrectly, they gave me a hard time about doing the traditional songs/dances that I requested... and over all for $4000 they were NOT worth a dime. I might as well have hired a dj. They count an hour of their time for "announcing" the wedding party (which they did incorrectly- for example- calling my brother in law Mario "mark") and then they played elevator music for an hour while people ate- who needs that during dinner! I wanted a band to dance to, not one as background music to to eat a meal to. Then when my family tried to give them more $ to stay another hour, the manager refused check/card- he insisted that we pay him $1000 cash if we wanted them to stay any longer. How unprofessional can you get? I didn't know we hired a bunch of bar room singers- classless. Save your $ and look elsewhere.

Sent on 10/01/2012