Big City Wedding Band Reviews

98 | Boston, MA

98 Reviews for Big City Wedding Band

Annie · Married on 08/01/2015

I would highly recommend Big City Wedding Band to any couple planning a wedding. They made us feel prepared and comfortable by having several conversations with us before the wedding day. They accommodated our wedding layout/schedule. And most importantly they listened to our music interests and played amazing songs!! The lead singer's voice was beautiful. The dance floor was packed the whole wedding.

Sent on 08/27/2015

jo · Married on 07/11/2015

We simply cant thank The Big City Band enough for making our wedding the hit it was! Our guests haven't stopped talking about them and how great they were. They had everyone up on the dance floor, knew exactly what to play and when and were true professionals from the start of planning to the very end. Bravo Big City, never enough thanks to you all you absolutely rock!

Sent on 07/20/2015

Erica · Married on 07/11/2015

AMAZING! There were people on the dance floor all night long because of Big City. They played music for everyone's taste and people could not stop raving about them! Thomas, the lead singer was incredible and the rest of the band was great too. The drummer sang Van Morrison so well that I thought it was a MP3 playing. Absolutely loved working with Ken who listened to all of our crazy requests and helped make the day run so smoothly. I was nervous since I never heard the band live but it was by far one of our best decisions to go with Big City for the big day.

Sent on 08/04/2015

Norm · Married on 06/27/2015

Ken and the Big City band was fantastic. All of our guest are still raving about the band and how they danced every song. These guys are pros and really no how to get the joint rockin. Would hire them again in a minute.

Sent on 08/10/2015

John · Married on 06/19/2015

Ken and Big City Wedding Band exceeded our expectations at every benchmark. Great communication, professional service and outstanding performance! They made our daughter's wedding a huge success! We have heard from countless guests how great the band was.
    I strongly recommend Big City Wedding Band!

Sent on 08/15/2015

Christina · Married on 10/04/2014

Big City was awesome! They had everyone at our wedding on the dance floor all night. To be honest, I was a little nervous because I had never seen them live and no one had seemed to have heard of them before but I am so glad I booked them. They were great the day of the wedding and were also great to work with beforehand. They really took into account our music preferences, learned a new song for us, helped create and coordinate the timeline and really engaged the crowd. I received many compliments during and after the wedding on how much people loved the band.

Sent on 10/19/2014

This band was absolutely fantastic! We loved them at my sister's wedding four years ago, and we loved them even more this time around! They were enthusiastic, professional, and the music was amazing!

Sent on 06/30/2015

Amazing band!!! Great song choices---The dance floor was packed all night. Many guests came to us and said how great they are and wanted their information. They made our wedding an incredible and a fun event.

Sent on 07/09/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2014

Outstanding band! We booked this band over a year in advance of our daughter's wedding and quite frankly we were nervous because we did not hear or see them in person. Ken Shano and his band exceeded our expectations. The bride and groom are in their early twenties and the guests ranged from ages 7 to 81. Everyone thought the band made the event. People danced from he start of dinner until the last song was played. Ken Skyped with the bride and learned the songs she wanted in addition to the Notre Dame Alma Mater as a tribute to our family. I would highly recommend this band.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Melissa · event on 06/13/2014

Big City Wedding Band was such a huge hit at my 15 year old daughter's graduation party! The band had the teens and the parents dancing and singing the whole night long. Plus the band members were sooo nice and easy to work with. Just couldn't have been a bigger success. All the guests loved them - and I received a ton of comments that night - and emails the next day - on how fabulous they were. Thank you Big City!!!

Sent on 06/21/2014

This was the second wedding (both daughters) for which we have booked Big City and our expectations were once again exceeded and so were both brides. The dual singers were a big pleasant surprise and the band itself was over the top - rockin' on. All guests felt very well served by the range and quality of music selections and the sound itself. Cocktail hour and dinner music was carefully selected and well executed based on the guidance of the bride. Father/daughter dance music was also spot on thanks to Ken's excellent guidance. It's a good thing the father can dance!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Nancy · Married on 11/16/2013

Big City is a guaranteed rock'in good time. This is the second wedding we've had them perform! Talented professionals.....

Sent on 11/21/2013

Megan · Married on 11/16/2013

This is the second time that my family has looked to Big City to help celebrate a wedding and I would not have gone in a different direction. I was so lucky that they were available and I have to say, this band is AMAZING! They played all of the music that my husband and I wanted and were very thoughtful in their music selections. They had the ENTIRE 170 person wedding on the dance floor!

To further this review, the band members are the consummate professionals and you can tell that they just love to play music. Thank you so much for making our wedding the best day or our lives!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Kelly · Married on 10/12/2013

This is the band you want for your wedding!! The Big City Wedding Band exceeded all of our expectations! From the moment we started working with Ken and his band it was nothing but the utmost professionalism. About two weeks prior to the wedding we had a Skype meeting with Ken to go over the flow of the reception, music selections, and any special requests. As a result our wedding went off without a hitch, all of the introductions, dances (first, father/daughter, and mother/son), and speeches went perfectly. Now for the most important part, this band is simply amazing! This is a truly professional and talented band that knows how to get everyone on the dance floor and keep them there! As a matter of fact, our guests couldn't even wait until after dinner to hit the dance floor. In short, the Big City Wedding Band truly made our wedding amazing, each and every person at our wedding had an absolute blast. We're still getting complements on how much fun our wedding was and I attribute it all to the Big City Wedding Band.

Sent on 11/10/2013

Marisha · Married on 10/04/2013

Big City Band was AMAZING!!!!!! We would recommend them to everyone!! All of our guests loved them and we were all dancing all night!! They were great to work with and were extremely accommodating. I cannot say enough good things about them!! They made our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Keith · Married on 10/04/2013

Big City was the life of our party. Ken does a great job getting everything set up and provides tremendous insight and recommendations which worked perfectly. We wouldn't have changed a thing! Hope to use them for future events!

Sent on 12/05/2013

Nicole · Married on 09/28/2013

Ken along with the rest of Big City Band, made all my dreams come true...
    Our wedding reception is night I will never forget. We rated them 5 out 5 in every category and they truly deserve it!! Our guests could not stop raving about our band and how much fun they had at the reception. It's hard to find a band with such a large repertoire that can play everything so well. But these guys (and lady) are incredibly talented and do not disappoint. Ken was professional and attentive throughout the whole planning process and went over ever detail with us. He was also able to make adjustments we needed day of, due to the unforeseen. Book this band NOW, before someone else beats you to it!! I'm so grateful we did! ~ Liam & Nicole Donovan

Sent on 10/26/2013

Kate · Married on 09/21/2013

Book this band immediately! Ken, Rosemary, and the band were wonderful! Ken was very patient and flexible with the plan on what to play so that both my dad's crowd, my mom's crowd, family and my friends all danced. He was accomodating with needing to play slow as well as fast songs. Everyone who attended commented on how much the band really made the evening super fun! They have a beautiful sound, are very talented, and personable. Rosemary was lovely on vocals too.Thank you! Kate and Tim

Sent on 09/25/2013

Diane · Married on 09/21/2013

My daughter's wedding was held at the Elks at Bass Rocks on 9/21/2013 and Ken Shano's Big City Wedding Band contributed to the perfection of this event! Kate booked this band once the wedding date was chosen, and we found that all the excellent reviews were spot on! They played an excellent selection of songs--and you do get to request your favorites ahead of time from an extensive list--and the dance floor was filled the entire night. All of our guests were delighted with the how wonderful their sound was, and this truly was one of the best parts of the wedding. Any questions or concerns were immediately addressed by Ken and he was extremely professional. He is warm, reliable, and responsive to anything we requested. We paid for a six-member band and they were all very talented musicians--we could not have asked for more from the Big City Wedding Band! You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/12/2013

Scott · Married on 08/31/2013

Ken and Big City Wedding Band were a pleasure to work with and made our wedding fun and unique. They learned several new songs for our ceremony and reception and were responsive and receptive to all of our requests. Ken ensured that everything was tailored to our specifications and worked directly with our venue coordinator to make it happen. I would highly recommend Ken and Big City Wedding Band.

Sent on 09/14/2013

shane · Married on 08/25/2013

My wife and I can't say enough good things about Ken and Big City Wedding Band. The quality of music, organization and responsiveness made for great value and great memories. Ken went above and beyond in accommodating our requests, even when that meant working longer hours than a typical wedding. The band’s overall talent and enthusiasm really kept the party going and their ability to switch genres of music quickly was amazing. We were also very impressed with the bands formal attire and that everyone got their early. They communicated with our venue very well and at the end of the night every guest said they loved the music and bands energy. Overall they made our wedding at Castle Hill Inn in NewPort, RI a fun and memorable wedding! We would highly recommend them.

Shane F.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Brian · Married on 08/24/2013

When my wife and I were planning our wedding, we knew we wanted a band, but were not sure of any bands in the area. Big City Band was recommended by numerous people from different weddings and everyone had the same thing to say: If you don't book Big City Band, you are making a big mistake. After our wedding, I can confidently say those recommendations were spot on. Ken Shano and Big City Band far exceeded our expectations. From the pre-Wedding meetings to the actual wedding and the post-Wedding conversation, this band displayed so much charisma, excitement, respectfulness and professionalism. They did not pressure us into anything we did not feel comfortable with, and they brought so much energy to our wedding, that it is impossible to sit down while they were playing. The energy at the wedding was infectious and everyone we have spoken to has nothing but amazing things to say about Big City Band. Ken Shano was the representative that my wife and I dealt with prior to the wedding and he handled those meeting with such professionalism and respect towards us and our special day that we knew right away that we had made the right decision. I have already recommended this band to family and friends and would have no problem recommending them to anyone that wants to hear! If you want to have a memorable wedding with a band that will get everyone up and dancing, there is no one better than Big City Band!

Sent on 10/01/2013

Bethany · Married on 08/24/2013

AMAZING! That's all I can say. Big City had everyone at my wedding up and dancing the whole time. We had previously seen them perform at another friends wedding before hiring them and they were our first call when booking our wedding band. Big City played during our ceremony, cocktail reception and reception. They had suggestions on music for the ceremony music when I had no clue where to begin. Big City engaged the crowd and played music that everyone, young and old knew and enjoyed. All my guests could not stop raving about the band and my dad who is the hardest to please loved them too! I would recommend to anyone without hesitation!!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Emily · Married on 08/09/2013

Big City made our wedding fun for all ages, even Grandma got up and danced to George Clinton's Dinosaur song!! Ken was extremely flexible for us and was able to make anything and everything happen. He's got a great sense of humor and is fun to work with! The band's energy, interaction and ability to "read" the crowd made the night epic. In our opinion, Big City band is dedicated to their guests. They are simply outstanding. Thank you, Big City for making our wedding night most memorable.
    Em and Shane Savastano

Sent on 08/23/2013

ANDREW · Married on 07/26/2013

Big City Wedding Band rocked it out of the park for our wedding! Ken Shano was responsive, easy to discuss with, and plan our wedding wishes. BCWB responded to our particular requests for the style and range of music we wished to have - they successfully brought a 20-65 yr age group to their feet dancing through the evening. The band connects to its audience. We couldn't have asked for more.

Sent on 08/23/2013