90 Reviews for Big City Wedding Band

Sound/PA System (2)
Cocktail Hour (1)
Willing to Travel (1)
89 Big City Wedding Band Reviews

My husband and I were thrilled with the music at our wedding. Both of us had some health challenges that hindered our wedding planning but not to worry - Ken was kind and patient with us through the entire process. Ken always found time to talk on the phone and discuss our concerns (which were many). He tailored the playlist to our preferences and we received many comments on the high quality of the music, including one from my husband's college-age niece! Our guests, from the youngest to the oldest, had a great time on the dance floor, thanks to Ken and Big City Band. We highly recommend these very talented musicians.

Profile Picture M.K., 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals

Outstanding group of performers!

Profile Picture Ellen, 12/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Everyone wants their wedding reception to be memorable. So many things need to come together smoothly in order for that to happen and music is key to a successful outcome. Your band’s participation was exceptional and indeed contributed mightily to making the day memorable. As good as the videos are on your website, you guys are that much better in person and you seamlessly became part of the wedding party. The only down note is that It went by way too fast. Thanks again!

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

I recently used these guys at my wedding. If your looking for a great wedding band these are your guys. They entertained all my guests and we could not get people OFF The dance floor all night. They played most of the songs I picled and liked and I am a sucker for live music so my feet were on the dance floor the entire night!!! Great band. Great Music choices. Great people to work with and make you feel special.

Profile Picture ASHLYN, 10/14/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Band, Ceremony Music

We could not have had a better experience with Big City. From the very beginning, Ken was enthusiastic, professional and responsive. They also really worked with me on making our wedding feel personal. They learned our first dance song, and even backed up a family friend who sang a few songs for us! When I look back at our wedding photos, I see everyone on the dance floor and having a blast. That really speaks louder than words. Thank you so much again you guys!

Profile Picture Greg, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

LOOK NO FURTHER - HIRE Big City Wedding Band!!! I was a bit nervous hiring a band who I had never heard live, nor was a direct recommendation from a friend, but I am SO glad I did. I fell in love with Big City's playlist and samples online - music is important to me and my family (many musicians and vocalists) and I wanted way more variety than just today's top hits at my wedding. Big City absolutely nailed it! They kept outdoing themselves song over song from Sinatra, to Springsteen, to ZBB, the Beatles, and Motown. These guys are incredibly talented and very professional! We received tons of compliments on the band and I have happily recommended them to anyone looking to hire a band for an event. Ken is great to work with and he definitely made my vision come to life! Hire these guys, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture N, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Absolutely amazing band! Couldn’t have been happier with their performance at our cocktail hour and our reception! They perfectly paired songs with the events of the evening (first dance, cake cutting, toasts, etc) and we had so many compliments throughout the night on how great they were, and they got the crowd dancing almost immediately! Overall couldn’t have been a better band!!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Learning New Songs, MC, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Very talented group that helped make our reception exactly how we dreamed it would always be!

Profile Picture Anjelica, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

We had Big City Wedding Band play at a Christmas Gala in the Seaport. The band was absolutely fabulous. They all had so much energy and got every person up dancing on the floor. They were so talented and entertained a room full of people of all different ages. Every single person loved them and had so much fun singing and dancing along. Not only was the band great- however they were wonderful and so easy to work with. I didn't have a single complaint or issue about them and will definitely use them again for any occasion. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Keara, 12/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

I would highly recommend this band/ The band leader knows what he is doing and the musicians were first rate. Worth every penny. We are a gay couple. The were very friendly and worked with it to tailor the wedding to our circumstances.

Profile Picture Rob, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Big City Wedding Band was the hit of our wedding! For weeks and weeks we were hearing (and are still hearing) from people simply raving about the band. Beyond the quality of the vocalists (which was off the charts), Ken was a delight to work with. He was friendly, enthusiastic, and incredibly flexible. He was able to provide his suggestions and opinions while respecting our choices of what we wanted.

You cannot beat the value either. The a la carte approach of being able to was great. We went with a 6 piece band (with drums, 2 guitars, bass, male & female vocalists) which was perfect. They also offer a horns section, if so inclined, but it was great to be able to pick and choose what we wanted from that sense...and their pricing beat other very highly rated bands time after time by several thousands of dollars.

We planned our wedding in 6 months, and I cannot believe we were lucky enough to have Big City available. I will recommend them to everyone who will listen in the future! Amazing talent and a pleasure to work with!!

Profile Picture Dan, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

My husband and I hired Big City Wedding Band for our wedding in September of 2016 and they were nothing short of AMAZING! Prior to finding them online we attended multiple viewings of wedding bands, leaving each appointment and showcase very disappointed, especially because having a band was on our 'must have' list. We eventually googled wedding bands in the Boston area and to our surprise came across Big City Wedding Band's website about a year before our wedding. Ken, the primary contact, was in touch with us in no time after we reached out to them. He was very prompt, answered all of our questions, and made the process easy. Fast forward to the day of our wedding... We had the most perfect reception, mostly because of this amazing band. From cocktail hour (saxophone and piano) to the reception (9 pieces), the music was perfect. The band was loud, electric, energetic, and they had the guests on their feet the entire night. They played a variety of music, both old and new, and songs that we chose off of their song list. Our friends and family can't stop talking about how amazing they were...so much so that they learned a song on the spot for us during dinner and performed it shortly after, we were so impressed!! We are so happy that we chose them to be a part of our wedding day and if you're smart you'll choose them for your big event! We can't thank them enough!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

If you would like a band that engages your guests, is extremely accommodating, and let's your crazy great uncle sing on stage- Big City Wedding Band is the place for you! We got so many compliments about the band. People were on the dance floor the entire night and did not want to leave. They were amazing!

Profile Picture Cassie, 6/10/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Our experience with the Big City Wedding Band could not have been better! They performed at my daughters wedding and were not only extremely talented they helped facilitate the flow of the reception. All our guests were thrilled to have a "live" band and we were told time and again how great they were! I highly recommend Ken and his band mates for any and all functions!!

Profile Picture User7553859, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

I cannot recommend Big City highly enough. The band was one of the things we cared the most about in our wedding planning - we wanted everyone out on the dance floor for the reception, and wanted a great variety of songs - and we were not disappointed. Ken was awesome to work with in planning and helping us think through the flow of the night - and they were great about accommodating all of our music requests!

I might be slightly biased, but I think we had the most fun wedding I've ever been to! The band was awesome and had everyone out on the dance floor - young cousins, college friends, parent's friends, and grandparents - all night long. I would book them again in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Molly, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Big City was amazing!! Ken was very easy to work with and easily accessible during the planning stages. The music for the reception was very important to us and we wanted all our guests to enjoy the party- and that is exactly what Big City delivered! EVERYONE was on the dance floor the ENTIRE night! The band even worked with me to pull off a few special surprises- an all-girls country line dance, and a surprise mother-daughter dance. These went off perfectly thanks to Ken and Big City. The band was definitely the highlight of the night, and our guest's favorite part of the wedding by far. If you are looking for a talented and fun band, look no further!

Profile Picture Liz, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

Big City was fantastic for our daughter's wedding reception! We selected them on line and they delivered great music, great emcee and excellent advice/consulting on order of events. They worked with us beforehand and tailored the event based on our wishes song selections and styles. Could not have been better!

Profile Picture Mark, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

I would highly recommend Big City Wedding Band to any couple planning a wedding. They made us feel prepared and comfortable by having several conversations with us before the wedding day. They accommodated our wedding layout/schedule. And most importantly they listened to our music interests and played amazing songs!! The lead singer's voice was beautiful. The dance floor was packed the whole wedding.

Profile Picture Annie, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

We simply cant thank The Big City Band enough for making our wedding the hit it was! Our guests haven't stopped talking about them and how great they were. They had everyone up on the dance floor, knew exactly what to play and when and were true professionals from the start of planning to the very end. Bravo Big City, never enough thanks to you all you absolutely rock!

Profile Picture jo, 7/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

AMAZING! There were people on the dance floor all night long because of Big City. They played music for everyone's taste and people could not stop raving about them! Thomas, the lead singer was incredible and the rest of the band was great too. The drummer sang Van Morrison so well that I thought it was a MP3 playing. Absolutely loved working with Ken who listened to all of our crazy requests and helped make the day run so smoothly. I was nervous since I never heard the band live but it was by far one of our best decisions to go with Big City for the big day.

Profile Picture Erica, 7/11/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Band

Ken and the Big City band was fantastic. All of our guest are still raving about the band and how they danced every song. These guys are pros and really no how to get the joint rockin. Would hire them again in a minute.

Profile Picture Norm, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Ken and Big City Wedding Band exceeded our expectations at every benchmark. Great communication, professional service and outstanding performance! They made our daughter's wedding a huge success! We have heard from countless guests how great the band was.
I strongly recommend Big City Wedding Band!

Profile Picture John, 6/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Big City was awesome! They had everyone at our wedding on the dance floor all night. To be honest, I was a little nervous because I had never seen them live and no one had seemed to have heard of them before but I am so glad I booked them. They were great the day of the wedding and were also great to work with beforehand. They really took into account our music preferences, learned a new song for us, helped create and coordinate the timeline and really engaged the crowd. I received many compliments during and after the wedding on how much people loved the band.

Profile Picture Christina, 10/4/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Band

This band was absolutely fantastic! We loved them at my sister's wedding four years ago, and we loved them even more this time around! They were enthusiastic, professional, and the music was amazing!

Profile Picture User3644870, 2+ years ago, 1 Review