Big City Wedding Band Reviews

97 | Boston, MA

97 Reviews for Big City Wedding Band

Justin · Married on 09/01/2018

Big City Wedding Band was amazing in every possible way!

Leading up to our wedding, Ken, the band director, was super easy to work with, and very accommodating. We met with him a couple of times in person to go through our ideas, and he was very flexible, and offered some valuable observations from prior weddings along the way.

The wedding itself was a full on party, just as we had planned! All of our guests, from age 10 to 95 (yes, 95), were up and dancing the entire night. Everyone commented on not only how great the band sounded, but on the wide variety of songs played as well.

We we so lucky to have Big City Wedding Band perform at our wedding, and would absolutely recommend them to any couple looking to have upbeat, fun, easy going, awesome band perform at theirs!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Brian · Married on 08/04/2018

Ken was a great organizer that pulled the timing of the reception together perfectly. The band catered to our needs and filled the dance floor all night! They were super accommodating to have some family members join the band for a song or two. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/14/2018

Barbara · Married on 06/29/2018

When my daughter became engaged, I contacted a friend whose son had just gotten married. My friend told me "if nothing else, you HAVE to get the Big City Wedding Band for your daughter's wedding, they are amazing." That was enough for me, and I contacted Ken right away. From the initial planning to the conclusion of my daughter's wedding night, Ken was awesome to work with. He is professional, thorough, very pleasant, and informative. To top off those qualities, Ken has a great sense of humor which I really appreciated! My daughter's wedding day arrived and Ken and his accompanist played beautiful music for the outdoor ceremony. At the reception, the sound system was great, the vocalists and musicians were amazing, and the band played music that appealed to guests of all ages. The dance floor remained packed for the entire evening and many of our guests came to me to tell me that this was the best wedding they had ever been to. We were sorry when the evening ended and I can't wait for my other daughter to get engaged so that we can have the Big City Band back; we highly recommend them! Thank you Ken, and the rest of your band members for being so incredible; you made our special day all the more special.

Sent on 07/03/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 05/19/2018

Brian and I are still trying to find the right words to think this band for what was a fairytale wedding for us. From the moment I first talked to Ken on the phone I knew he was the vendor I wanted to work with. He made everything so easy to plan and the Skype call before was so nice to be able to walk through all the details in (virtual) person. The amount of compliments we received about the band from Saturday night is incredible. They kept the party going—even during the band breaks!! The entire band was so fun and friendly (even when I was able to sneak up on stage a couple times!) I think above all- learning all of our first dance songs really hit home. That was such a special moment for us and we are so grateful to have had that opportunity
    -Elizabeth and Brian

Sent on 05/28/2018

Jessica · Married on 04/07/2018

We could not have been happier with Ken and the rest of the Big City Band. They exceeded our expectations in every way possible. The dance floor was constantly crowded. And no one wanted the music to stop. Really professional and talented band.

Sent on 04/11/2018

M.K. · Married on 12/16/2017

My husband and I were thrilled with the music at our wedding. Both of us had some health challenges that hindered our wedding planning but not to worry - Ken was kind and patient with us through the entire process. Ken always found time to talk on the phone and discuss our concerns (which were many). He tailored the playlist to our preferences and we received many comments on the high quality of the music, including one from my husband's college-age niece! Our guests, from the youngest to the oldest, had a great time on the dance floor, thanks to Ken and Big City Band. We highly recommend these very talented musicians.

Sent on 02/04/2018

Ellen · Married on 12/08/2017

Outstanding group of performers!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Andrew · Married on 10/21/2017

Everyone wants their wedding reception to be memorable. So many things need to come together smoothly in order for that to happen and music is key to a successful outcome. Your band’s participation was exceptional and indeed contributed mightily to making the day memorable. As good as the videos are on your website, you guys are that much better in person and you seamlessly became part of the wedding party. The only down note is that It went by way too fast. Thanks again!

Sent on 10/27/2017
  • User6882417 · 1+ year ago

I recently used these guys at my wedding. If your looking for a great wedding band these are your guys. They entertained all my guests and we could not get people OFF The dance floor all night. They played most of the songs I picled and liked and I am a sucker for live music so my feet were on the dance floor the entire night!!! Great band. Great Music choices. Great people to work with and make you feel special.

Sent on 10/24/2017

N · Married on 09/30/2017

LOOK NO FURTHER - HIRE Big City Wedding Band!!! I was a bit nervous hiring a band who I had never heard live, nor was a direct recommendation from a friend, but I am SO glad I did. I fell in love with Big City's playlist and samples online - music is important to me and my family (many musicians and vocalists) and I wanted way more variety than just today's top hits at my wedding. Big City absolutely nailed it! They kept outdoing themselves song over song from Sinatra, to Springsteen, to ZBB, the Beatles, and Motown. These guys are incredibly talented and very professional! We received tons of compliments on the band and I have happily recommended them to anyone looking to hire a band for an event. Ken is great to work with and he definitely made my vision come to life! Hire these guys, you won't regret it!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Emily · Married on 09/23/2017

Absolutely amazing band! Couldn’t have been happier with their performance at our cocktail hour and our reception! They perfectly paired songs with the events of the evening (first dance, cake cutting, toasts, etc) and we had so many compliments throughout the night on how great they were, and they got the crowd dancing almost immediately! Overall couldn’t have been a better band!!

Sent on 12/31/2017

Greg · Married on 09/16/2017

We could not have had a better experience with Big City. From the very beginning, Ken was enthusiastic, professional and responsive. They also really worked with me on making our wedding feel personal. They learned our first dance song, and even backed up a family friend who sang a few songs for us! When I look back at our wedding photos, I see everyone on the dance floor and having a blast. That really speaks louder than words. Thank you so much again you guys!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Liz · Married on 09/09/2017

We cannot say enough about Big City Band! We hired them for our wedding in September 2017 and they completely blew us away! They had the dance floor packed the entire night. The energy and excitement from the band was contagious and the music was exactly what people wanted to hear. We asked them to play to the crowd, rather than providing them a playlist, and they nailed it. They played a great range of songs that kept the crowd going. Guests of all ages were raving about them the entire night and the next morning. The singers both had amazing voices and energy and let us not only join them on stage, but jump on the mic for a couple songs.

The cherry on top is their coordinator/guitarist, Ken. From the beginning we knew he was going to be amazing to work with. Through the whole planning process he was extremely responsive, professional and provided great advice in terms of timeline and other helpful tips for making our wedding just what we wanted - a giant dance party.

These guys are true professionals. You will not regret hiring them for your big day!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Anjelica · Married on 06/10/2017

Very talented group that helped make our reception exactly how we dreamed it would always be!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Keara · Married on 12/09/2016

We had Big City Wedding Band play at a Christmas Gala in the Seaport. The band was absolutely fabulous. They all had so much energy and got every person up dancing on the floor. They were so talented and entertained a room full of people of all different ages. Every single person loved them and had so much fun singing and dancing along. Not only was the band great- however they were wonderful and so easy to work with. I didn't have a single complaint or issue about them and will definitely use them again for any occasion. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Rob · Married on 10/15/2016

I would highly recommend this band/ The band leader knows what he is doing and the musicians were first rate. Worth every penny. We are a gay couple. The were very friendly and worked with it to tailor the wedding to our circumstances.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Dan · Married on 10/01/2016

Big City Wedding Band was the hit of our wedding! For weeks and weeks we were hearing (and are still hearing) from people simply raving about the band. Beyond the quality of the vocalists (which was off the charts), Ken was a delight to work with. He was friendly, enthusiastic, and incredibly flexible. He was able to provide his suggestions and opinions while respecting our choices of what we wanted.

You cannot beat the value either. The a la carte approach of being able to was great. We went with a 6 piece band (with drums, 2 guitars, bass, male & female vocalists) which was perfect. They also offer a horns section, if so inclined, but it was great to be able to pick and choose what we wanted from that sense...and their pricing beat other very highly rated bands time after time by several thousands of dollars.

We planned our wedding in 6 months, and I cannot believe we were lucky enough to have Big City available. I will recommend them to everyone who will listen in the future! Amazing talent and a pleasure to work with!!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Lauren · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I hired Big City Wedding Band for our wedding in September of 2016 and they were nothing short of AMAZING! Prior to finding them online we attended multiple viewings of wedding bands, leaving each appointment and showcase very disappointed, especially because having a band was on our 'must have' list. We eventually googled wedding bands in the Boston area and to our surprise came across Big City Wedding Band's website about a year before our wedding. Ken, the primary contact, was in touch with us in no time after we reached out to them. He was very prompt, answered all of our questions, and made the process easy. Fast forward to the day of our wedding... We had the most perfect reception, mostly because of this amazing band. From cocktail hour (saxophone and piano) to the reception (9 pieces), the music was perfect. The band was loud, electric, energetic, and they had the guests on their feet the entire night. They played a variety of music, both old and new, and songs that we chose off of their song list. Our friends and family can't stop talking about how amazing they were...so much so that they learned a song on the spot for us during dinner and performed it shortly after, we were so impressed!! We are so happy that we chose them to be a part of our wedding day and if you're smart you'll choose them for your big event! We can't thank them enough!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Our experience with the Big City Wedding Band could not have been better! They performed at my daughters wedding and were not only extremely talented they helped facilitate the flow of the reception. All our guests were thrilled to have a "live" band and we were told time and again how great they were! I highly recommend Ken and his band mates for any and all functions!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Cassie · Married on 06/10/2016

If you would like a band that engages your guests, is extremely accommodating, and let's your crazy great uncle sing on stage- Big City Wedding Band is the place for you! We got so many compliments about the band. People were on the dance floor the entire night and did not want to leave. They were amazing!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Molly · Married on 06/04/2016

I cannot recommend Big City highly enough. The band was one of the things we cared the most about in our wedding planning - we wanted everyone out on the dance floor for the reception, and wanted a great variety of songs - and we were not disappointed. Ken was awesome to work with in planning and helping us think through the flow of the night - and they were great about accommodating all of our music requests!

I might be slightly biased, but I think we had the most fun wedding I've ever been to! The band was awesome and had everyone out on the dance floor - young cousins, college friends, parent's friends, and grandparents - all night long. I would book them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Liz · Married on 09/19/2015

Big City was amazing!! Ken was very easy to work with and easily accessible during the planning stages. The music for the reception was very important to us and we wanted all our guests to enjoy the party- and that is exactly what Big City delivered! EVERYONE was on the dance floor the ENTIRE night! The band even worked with me to pull off a few special surprises- an all-girls country line dance, and a surprise mother-daughter dance. These went off perfectly thanks to Ken and Big City. The band was definitely the highlight of the night, and our guest's favorite part of the wedding by far. If you are looking for a talented and fun band, look no further!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Big City was fantastic for our daughter's wedding reception! We selected them on line and they delivered great music, great emcee and excellent advice/consulting on order of events. They worked with us beforehand and tailored the event based on our wishes song selections and styles. Could not have been better!

Sent on 08/10/2015

Annie · Married on 08/01/2015

I would highly recommend Big City Wedding Band to any couple planning a wedding. They made us feel prepared and comfortable by having several conversations with us before the wedding day. They accommodated our wedding layout/schedule. And most importantly they listened to our music interests and played amazing songs!! The lead singer's voice was beautiful. The dance floor was packed the whole wedding.

Sent on 08/27/2015